PDA

View Full Version : Getting uncommon items from 1000 gem chests.

Heartwire
10th Dec 2014, 06:38
The last few chests that I opened (I only open the 1000 gem ones) gave me uncommon items.
Is there a reason as to why? as they never gave me less than Rare before.

Is it a bug, or did I run out of rare items to obtain?
Pretty sure I don't have all Legendary's yet, only have 2 amulets, no rings, and about 5 weapons.

Heartwire
10th Dec 2014, 07:56
Nevermind, just got a couple of new epics and legendary items,
However, I noticed the uncommon thing happening in 4 player co-op, not when alone.

Treeble
10th Dec 2014, 14:41
I'm working on a list of equipment (because reasons) and was just wondering how you know what are the rarity of each item? You mentioned not having all legendary gear... how do you know how many you have and how many still have to drop?

I started taking notes too late, so a few items I missed, but other than the little "Rare Ring Collected" note on the bottom left corner when a chest is looted, am I not seeing something? D:

Heartwire
10th Dec 2014, 15:17
Well, to start with there are 5 categories.

Common
Uncommon
Rare
Epic
Legendary.

From what I have seen, weapons are only looted as Legendary, I have not seen a single uncommon rare or epic weapon.
All the weapons I got are legendary.
There seems to be 3 versions of legendary weapons from what I have seen so far,
They either give you;
Fire enhanced bullets
Poison enhanced bullets
or
Ice enhanced bullets.

I currently have 10 Legendary weapons, 2 of which are from one of the DLC's in the store.
Those are the Dart Rifle, and Automatic Dart Rifle, both of which have a poison effect on them, other then that they are just your usual Rifle and Assault rifle.
The other weapons are Pistols, Sub-Machine guns, rifles, and shotguns with either Ice, Poison of Fire enchants.

Now on to the Jewelry, which was your original question;

Look at the number of stats in order to figure out their rarity and prefix;

(Golden) Legendary - 5
(Silver) Epic - 4
(Silver) Rare - 3-4
(Copper) Uncommon - 2-3 plus a negative effect
(Iron) Common - 1-2 plus a negative effect

There is 1 more that is above and beyond, it's also classified as a legendary, however it has 6 stats and has the prefix "Onyx", so you could say it's like a Legendary amongst Legendarys
This seems to only count for Jewelry.
There are also Onyx weapons, which you can obtain by looting Canope jars you find around the world (If people in your friends list die they will leave behind a canope jar which you can loot at their location of death, the first 5 will give you Onyx Pistols, the next 10 Onyx Sub-Machine Gun, and beyond that I don't know, I'd assume a rifle or somesort, eitherway it goes up by 5 everytime you hit the mark, though for some reason it jumped from 10 to 25 for me)

Anyway, out of all the Legendary loot I got (24 in total including weapons), I only managed to get 1 Onyx item, which is a Necklace.

It's called the "Onyx Spirit of Osiris" and has the following 6 stats:
-Power Shot
-Leech Magic Projectiles
-Leech Bomb
-Bomb Damage+
-Regenerating Ammo
-Bomb Reload+

I'll be more than happy to help you compile your list listing al my items with names and stats.
Just let me know if you need any help with the database.

On a side note, I have not encountered getting any loot I already had, so I think once you get something, you can not get it a second time, which probably is why you can not delete items if you so desire.

Treeble
10th Dec 2014, 15:38
Interesting, I didn't know it could go above Rare! I figured the adjectives would relate to the rarity of any loot, but then again I have only played it single player - thanks for the heads up regarding canopic jars too! I'll finish putting what I have together and post here, from what Scot said there are well over 250 different items so it'd be nice to have a checklist of sorts, even if the loot is random it still might serve as a rough idea to know what to look for.

If no duplicates drop, wonder what will drop once we have it all. I don't really think loot is randomly generated (Borderlands style), so at some point they'll just stop. D:

Bridgetkfisher
11th Dec 2014, 07:25
I keep getting uncommons from the 1000 gem chests to is this a bug? seems the stats are messed up

Heartwire
11th Dec 2014, 07:57
I keep getting uncommons from the 1000 gem chests to is this a bug? seems the stats are messed up

It stopped for me after I opened a few chests solo.
I had it happen to be in co-op games where when I opened the chests they gave uncommon items, as soon as I did it solo instead, it gave me rare epic and legendary again.
I don't open chests in groups now either, Just saving my gems for when I'm alone.

Bridgetkfisher
11th Dec 2014, 10:08
It stopped for me after I opened a few chests solo.
I had it happen to be in co-op games where when I opened the chests they gave uncommon items, as soon as I did it solo instead, it gave me rare epic and legendary again.
I don't open chests in groups now either, Just saving my gems for when I'm alone.

Thanks, yea same thing happen to me, must be a group glitch or something.