PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - December 8th Update

Saikocat
8th Dec 2014, 14:09
Please note this is a re-release of the December 5 patch, with some issues cleared up, that were preventing players from accessing the servers at times. Please report any issues you experience via the bug report page (http://www.nosgoth.com/bug_report).

Matchmaking Update
This update reactivates the new Matchmaking and Party systems. We have spent the last week hammering out all of the issues from the last test and appreciate your patience as we make sure everything is ready for Open Beta.

Steam Achievements
Achievements have been re-enabled with this build and we've fixed the issue preventing them from being visible or unlocking.

Balancing
Human Weapon Balancing
Human weapon DPS (damage per second) has been reduced slightly across the board to address some high-end balancing issues. In some cases, we have increased weapon clip sizes to minimize the impact on total “damage per clip” and the relative effectiveness of low-to-medium skill human players. We have also increased the reload time on some weapons to further reduce the sustained DPS of high-end human teams.

Hunter

Repeater

Damage reduced to 70 (was 75)
Clip size increased to 22 (was 20)
Reload time increased to 2.5 seconds (was 2)

Multibow

Damage reduced to 65 (was 70)
Clip size increased to 24 (was 21)

Siege Bow

Damage reduced to 85 (was 95)
Fire rate increased to 3.55 (was 3.5)
Clip size increased to 18 (was 16)

Bolt-thrower

Damage reduced to 65 (was 70)
Clip size increased to 38 (was 36)

Poison Bola

Damage over time reduced to 160 over 2 sec (was 240 over 3 sec)

Alchemist

Hand Cannon

Damage reduced to 210 (was 220)

Fullbore Cannon

Damage reduced to 240 (was 250)

Multi Cannon

Damage reduced to 75x3 (was 80x3)

Viscous Cannon

Damage reduced to 210 (was 220)

Sunlight Vial

Damage increased to 100 (was 10)

Scout

Compound Bow

Damage reduced to 175 (was 180)
Reload time increased to 1.75 sec (was 1.45 sec)
Clip size increased to 7 (was 6)

War Bow

Clip size increased to 5 (was 4)

Swiftbow

Damage reduced to 170 (was 175)
Clip size increased to 7 (was 6)

Stormbow

Clip size increased to 6 (was 5)

Prophet

Dual Pistols

Damage reduced to 110 (was 115)
Clip size increased to 12 (was 11)

Heavy Pistols

Damage reduced to 150 (was 165)
Fire rate increased to 1.6 (was 1.5)
Clip size increased to 9 (was 8)

Quick Pistols

Fire rate reduced to 2.7 (was 2.75)
Clip size increased to 15 (was 14)

Piercing Pistols

Damage reduced to 125 (was 130)
Clip size increased to 10 (was 9)

Eldritch Guard

Shield activates after 0.5 sec (was 0.8 sec)

Reaver

Sweeping Kick

Damage reduced to 375 (was 400)
Cooldown increased to 10 seconds (was 8)

Shadow Step

Cast time before teleport increased by 20%

Sentinel

Takeoff

Added air control using movement keys, similar to Tyrant Jump Attack
Transitions into flight earlier so Sentinels aren’t exposed as long after using the ability

Deceiver

Backstab

Slight adjustments to melee hit detection range and rotation window

Known Issues

There is a new issue with NosCam causing the timeline/seeker ribbon to compressed in the first few pixels, preventing you from skipping ahead to specific times.
Servers in Tokyo (Japan) are currently unavailable, temporarily. We are working to resolve this issue.

Bug Fixes

Fixed issue preventing Deceivers from using Disguise's invisibility mechanic
Holding SHIFT to Sprint will now only make you move if you are pressing forward
Removed unintentional change to Draining Curse's duration
Fixed an issue where Fire Wall wouldn't cause damage on stairs

MasterShuriko
8th Dec 2014, 14:21
Alrighty time for testing!

Varulven
8th Dec 2014, 14:37
Being in a lobby that won't start the match isn't cool ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=353216128

Bug is already reported

Saikocat
8th Dec 2014, 15:12
Yes I spotted that server too when I went to test, so I reported that and it should be restarted now.

Varulven
8th Dec 2014, 16:00

eXmoRtiZ
8th Dec 2014, 18:16
Well many of bugged rooms (after countdown the match not starting), and for now, Party server error. :( I like the new things, and it's sso sad.

maresrb
8th Dec 2014, 18:20
:mad2:

Hurlzalot
8th Dec 2014, 18:23
Getting the link error again anytime I try to find a match. Restarting seems to fix it temporarily.
http://imgur.com/veTaljW

Captain3009
8th Dec 2014, 18:38
same here. :(

maresrb
8th Dec 2014, 18:45
Nope ! I do not understand how this game not have dev. serever for testing various things. Each update is a a nightmare to me and others players

Saikocat
8th Dec 2014, 18:47
Hi everyone

We'll be down for maintenance for a while now, to look into and resolve some issues.

We understand being unable to play right now will be frustrating, but rest assured that the issues you've experienced and time you've spent helping test this release will make for a better, stronger, Nosgoth.

We'll keep you updated once there's news, for now we will be down while we use the information about issues you've run into, to fix those going forward.

And again, thank you all so much for your patience!

Varulven
8th Dec 2014, 18:47
Maybe they should stay with the old matchmaking system?
It worked at least...

Saikocat
8th Dec 2014, 18:49
Nope ! I do not understand how this game not have dev. serever for testing various things. Each update is a a nightmare to me and others players

There is a lot of testing that happens behind the scenes, but full scale matchmaking can never be tested 100% without going into the rest of the game population. It does unfortunately need to be tested out "in the wild". We definitely understand it is frustrating, but it's all helping us to make a better game, during this essential Early Access phase.

ParadoxicalOmen
8th Dec 2014, 18:57
Please...not another roll-back... :(

maresrb
8th Dec 2014, 19:00
Thank you very much beautiful girl:tmb:

GenFeelGood
8th Dec 2014, 21:02
I think the quick pistols really just need a reduction in the damage drop over long range.

Saikocat
8th Dec 2014, 21:37
Hi folks,
We're back online now and you can resume testing. Please do report any issues you come across to us, as we're still working on the service. Further info to follow.

FireWorks_
8th Dec 2014, 22:04
Hi folks,
We're back online now and you can resume testing. Please do report any issues you come across to us, as we're still working on the service. Further info to follow.

Works solid so far, 4matches in a row without server crashes. Gameplay is nice, only the achievement progress seems partly bugged.

EDIT: Haha... Started the game again and now I get "Host's party is full" errors each time I try to connect. I did NOT try to play with a party or interact in any other way with another player outside a lobby. Just a clean restart and trying to join a match: Hosts party is full.

Psyonix_Corey
8th Dec 2014, 23:01

We have development and preproduction servers for testing. Square's QA team tests every day. But matchmaking and server issues typically only present at player counts we can't generate with an internal QA team (>200 people).

PencileyePirate
8th Dec 2014, 23:37
I'd hoped the roll-back period would be used to fix the horrendous SS bug present in most of the MM test builds. :(

Hurlzalot
9th Dec 2014, 03:10
Still getting link error again. Only remedy for me is to restart client. I can search once and if I back out at all I cant search again until I restart.

Rago600
9th Dec 2014, 08:29
We have development and preproduction servers for testing. Square's QA team tests every day. But matchmaking and server issues typically only present at player counts we can't generate with an internal QA team (>200 people).

It is a shame that a Developer even need´s to go to a Defensive Position.
I wonder all this "New Kid´s on the Bock".
They know Everything, they can do anything, even if it´s Crying because Nosgoth is Down a Few Hour´s.

What do they Think work is ? A Place where People play Games all day .

Sorry for that Breakout of Emotion´s, but here or on Steam it does not matter, newer Generations want to have Everything.
And it must be free.

But thats not how the World works.
Anyway Corey thank you for Clarifing some internals :)

Betas take Time, this is how it is.

Firehex
9th Dec 2014, 13:46
Shadow Step

Today i died when tryed to use it. Circle was appearing 3 times,but jump didn't happen... Seems 20% is too much.

Whoopdidoohah
9th Dec 2014, 16:03
It is a shame that a Developer even need´s to go to a Defensive Position.
I wonder all this "New Kid´s on the Bock".
They know Everything, they can do anything, even if it´s Crying because Nosgoth is Down a Few Hour´s.

What do they Think work is ? A Place where People play Games all day .

Sorry for that Breakout of Emotion´s, but here or on Steam it does not matter, newer Generations want to have Everything.
And it must be free.

But thats not how the World works.
Anyway Corey thank you for Clarifing some internals :)

Betas take Time, this is how it is.

And that is why devs shouldn't spend time on social media. This is just a waste of time. Game is in development, sure there's going to be downtime.

Yep, it's probably young males with testosterone flowing, they need to go out and play outside and let devs do their jobs.

Please note this is a re-release of the December 5 patch, with some issues cleared up, that were preventing players from accessing the servers at times. Please report any issues you experience via the bug report page (http://www.nosgoth.com/bug_report).

Matchmaking Update
This update reactivates the new Matchmaking and Party systems. We have spent the last week hammering out all of the issues from the last test and appreciate your patience as we make sure everything is ready for Open Beta.

* Matchmaking worked fine for me, as a team of 2, I played most games against other groups for the majority of the games.

Steam Achievements
Achievements have been re-enabled with this build and we've fixed the issue preventing them from being visible or unlocking.

* Achievements works fine. Nothing resets or any bugs like that.

Balancing
Human Weapon Balancing
Human weapon DPS (damage per second) has been reduced slightly across the board to address some high-end balancing issues. In some cases, we have increased weapon clip sizes to minimize the impact on total “damage per clip” and the relative effectiveness of low-to-medium skill human players. We have also increased the reload time on some weapons to further reduce the sustained DPS of high-end human teams.

* I won't go in details about every single weapons, but it feels like humans actually deal less burst damage and thus more times than before the vampire side completely trounced the (bad) humans.

IMO, I feel the imbalance when fighting a good human team is more a mechanic's one, specifically feeding versus healing at an altar, humans will respawn too fast and too close so that vampires can't heal even if they wipe the humans. I've had games we won by the skin of the theeth as Vampires and was looking at the scoreboard, two of my teammates didn't feed not even once during the whole fight, and that's what basically kills the vampires, not humans that do too much burst. Just my 2c.

Reaver

Sweeping Kick

Damage reduced to 375 (was 400)
Cooldown increased to 10 seconds (was 8)

Shadow Step

* I'm fine with the Reaver's changes.

Sentinel

Takeoff

Added air control using movement keys, similar to Tyrant Jump Attack
Transitions into flight earlier so Sentinels aren’t exposed as long after using the ability

* Puncture needs to be looked at, it misses too often and is unreliable.

Deceiver

Backstab

Slight adjustments to melee hit detection range and rotation window

* Didn't try backstab yet, I still think infect is better, even on a single target.

Bug Fixes

Fixed issue preventing Deceivers from using Disguise's invisibility mechanic
Holding SHIFT to Sprint will now only make you move if you are pressing forward
Removed unintentional change to Draining Curse's duration
Fixed an issue where Fire Wall wouldn't cause damage on stairs

* Firewall now dosen't seem to deal damage to vampires on some random occasions. Vampire would just roll through it and no damage ticks.

Edited for clarity. Replies in bold / bigger size. Wanted to reply in a different color but dosen't seem to work.

snejjjj
9th Dec 2014, 18:01
2nd match, 2nd round, match crashed for all 8 ppl, and we transfered to lobby

uNborn-
9th Dec 2014, 18:04
Just wanted to also give a heads up that I have yet to finish a game. Keep getting pulled out to main menu and thrown back in. This happened 4 times before I just ultimately left. At least before the patch people had the option of seeing the levels they were up against and that the game actually worked. I see zero benefit to this new match making system. Too many issues.

snejjjj
9th Dec 2014, 18:13
No i cant play anymore: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/50993898559190544/46ACA41E5D7CE34EF1AA739C64006F0FBE0EA618/

LorenCole
9th Dec 2014, 18:19
Just wanted to also give a heads up that I have yet to finish a game. Keep getting pulled out to main menu and thrown back in. This happened 4 times before I just ultimately left. At least before the patch people had the option of seeing the levels they were up against and that the game actually worked. I see zero benefit to this new match making system. Too many issues.

Same problem, can't play for 3-4 minute that all the players are pushed again into the lobby, and it happened 3 times in a row. I'll continue testing with my girlfirend this evening, but for now is unplayable.

Just... try not to roll back again please.

Psyonix_Corey
9th Dec 2014, 18:24
Same problem, can't play for 3-4 minute that all the players are pushed again into the lobby, and it happened 3 times in a row. I'll continue testing with my girlfirend this evening, but for now is unplayable.

Just... try not to roll back again please.

Contacting our hosting company, last time this happened they were doing something really dumb with restarting servers.

LorenCole
10th Dec 2014, 14:41
Thx for the response =)

GenFeelGood
13th Dec 2014, 21:16
I love the quick pistols now, more than the heavies. I can't wait til crafting comes along and have even more ammon per clip to play with.