PDA

View Full Version : wich classes should i play if...

absinthesize
6th Dec 2014, 09:52
I dont have any friends that play? meaning ill pretty much be spamming it with randoms.

i can eventually get all of them unlocked, but im saying for wich ones to start with.

Khalith
6th Dec 2014, 09:59
Hunter and Reaver first without question. After that I'd say aim for deceiver and prophet.

absinthesize
6th Dec 2014, 10:03
thankyou for the fast reply! but could you explain why?

why take those when pugging it over say any of the other classes?

lucinvampire
6th Dec 2014, 14:17
It kinda depends on the way you play or what games you've played...everyone's opinion will be different- these are my thoughts...

If you don't really play shooters then I'd say Alchemist and then Hunter. If you play online shooters then Hunter/Prophet and Scout - Scout if you're usually a sniper.

Reaver is an all round damage dealer so is the easiest to pick up. If you're used to playing a typical tank then Tyrant. Moving on from Reaver either Deceiver or Sentinel. Give Sentinel a try early to see how you go- some can play him easy others not so much.

As I said it really depends on your experience and the way you play, and what you've played. The only way you'll see what works for you is giving them all a bash. :D

I'm always happy for nice people to add me on Steam...but I suck so yeah. :)

Sluagh
6th Dec 2014, 16:55
Also although sometimes with good games you can have all kind of class combinations in a team, if it isn't working you have to learn to switch class (i.e. problems occurring when everyone goes Scout when all the vamps are playing deceiver).I started off with alchemist for humans, as I am a poorish shot and not used to the type of game. Now I use all the human classes. Vamps I still generally go Reaver as I find the others hard. Getting better with Tyrant though.

absinthesize
6th Dec 2014, 22:26
thanks for the replies.

its been a long time since i played a fps and was never all that good. i tended to use grenades, rockets, and grenade launchers...so maybe alchemist for humans.

for vamps. thats a tougher call. aesthetically i like the tyrant and the sentinal the most.

tyrant reminds me of the hulk, and the way he finishes/manhandles humans is fun for me. but i hear he is really lackluster in pugs.

sentinal i hear is hard to use, but he reminds me of something across of jeepers creepers and the underworld movie with the vampire with bat wings.

but as far as 3rd person brawlers go, god of war series was my favorite. followed by bayonetta, not sure how well they compare to the vamps.

Khalith
7th Dec 2014, 10:54
thankyou for the fast reply! but could you explain why?

why take those when pugging it over say any of the other classes?

They're the best all around classes on the two factions and they're good in most situations you're in when it comes to pugging. Now a good player will learn when to change classes to better suit a situation but I've usually found that sticking with hunter/reaver is a good decision barring extreme cases. Or if I'm playing another class and it's not working, going hunter or reaver is usually the best call to make.

DesolatedMaggot
7th Dec 2014, 17:18
Whatever class you're best with. Sure, Hunter may generally be the easiest to play, but that doesn't mean you cannot perform better as something else. I have a friend that consistently does better as Alchemist than he does as Hunter.

GenFeelGood
7th Dec 2014, 20:35
I'd recommend looking at fun factor, at least for vampires, as opposed to ease of use.

If you like intimidation and having presence as you get right into the fight and unleashing hell, I'd recommend Tyrant.

If you like a more tactical approach, periodically getting in to inflict pain and getting out quick in hit&run, I'd recommend Reaver.

If you like speed, maneuverability, and owning an area of the map that some of the other vamp classes can only grasp for a few seconds, I'd recommend Sentinel.

If you prefer stealth, taking joy in being unseen as you approach the enemy head on and showing them the error of such oversight and costing them everything, I'd recommend Deceiver.
*-I particularly enjoy when I have finished an enemy and their teammate shows up thinking they have me dead to rights; but I pop the invisibility and watch as they struggle to find me before I get them, some times they get me....most times I get them.

Of course, these classes can all be adapted to fit your style of play; but this is generally where these classes shine

absinthesize
8th Dec 2014, 03:01
im thinking possibly tyrant then sentinal

alchemist then im not sure

im better with grenade style trajectory then i am point and click in geenral so thats why alchemist. and i really like the effect when a tyrant is well used.

Keitaro767
3rd Jan 2015, 04:18
It all really depends on you. When I first started playing this game, I used Hunter more than the Alchemist because of rapid fire and pure, unadulterated head-on approach. But, when my allies perform better than me, I use the Alchemist to further their skills.

As Vamps, I also like how the Deceiver earn the kill by throwing the other players off their game. :D

Shutenti
6th Jan 2015, 09:37
The best advice in this thread is just to play whichever class feels like fun. There's no need to level a particular class up in order to be competitive, unlike say a MMORPG. I played Sentinel to >level 20 before playing with Reaver at all but my level 5 Reaver still kicks ass because most of the skills you learn transfer to the other classes directly.

You'll level up and get the class unlock boxes pretty quickly in any case, especially if you've bought a pack with a +100XP booster.

My personal preference when playing in the lower level pubs was Sentinel and Camoflague Scout - both let you choose when to engage and when to disengage from a fight with relative freedom even if the rest of your team are dropping like flies. This is a lot more fun than sitting in the open having your face ripped open by a reaver while two hunter teammates stand around next to you waiting for it to finish. FUUUUUU, right?

Drebin162
30th Jan 2015, 12:57
I like Alchemist even on Pub because while others may require tactics and interplay, Arson and Explosions are always fun.
Top tip, no one on the lower difficulties ever sees Immolate coming.

absinthesize
30th Jan 2015, 13:03
since i posted this i think i definitly found my initial "groove"

deceiver and hunter, completly default loadouts. just the right balance of aggression and on demand response.

leifstream
2nd Feb 2015, 08:25
Hunter with Bolt Thrower or Alchemist is a good way, when your teammates aren't that good on human site. You should always look out, what the vampclasses are and counter them.

As a vampire i like to go in first as a tyrant. Yes you maybe woun't be the first with a good kill ratio. Newer players lack the good coordinated first attack, so you help you team as a tyrant.

absinthesize
2nd Feb 2015, 08:29
true a good tyrant with a team that can at least follow after is nice.

i tried bolt thrower but i hated how i did less dps (tho far more damage per clip)

--Ram--
2nd Feb 2015, 09:38
Is anyone able to edit this post title to say "which" and not "wich" so my brain doesn't explode every time it shows up?

absinthesize
2nd Feb 2015, 09:43
Is anyone able to edit this post title to say "which" and not "wich" so my brain doesn't explode every time it shows up?

are you really so uptight on grammar that your brain explodes?

i often use there/their/they're theyre, wich, which, etc

its a useless form of differentiation because even without them you know what it means given the context of the sentence.

edit: wich what i mean by that is even tho we are taught hte differences, in actual reading comprehension it doesnt matter. you can use whatever one you want, the context of the sentence gives it meaning.

Rago600
3rd Feb 2015, 05:32
It kinda depends on the way you play or what games you've played...everyone's opinion will be different- these are my thoughts...

If you don't really play shooters then I'd say Alchemist and then Hunter. If you play online shooters then Hunter/Prophet and Scout - Scout if you're usually a sniper.

Reaver is an all round damage dealer so is the easiest to pick up. If you're used to playing a typical tank then Tyrant. Moving on from Reaver either Deceiver or Sentinel. Give Sentinel a try early to see how you go- some can play him easy others not so much.

As I said it really depends on your experience and the way you play, and what you've played. The only way you'll see what works for you is giving them all a bash. :D

I'm always happy for nice people to add me on Steam...but I suck so yeah. :)

This !

Ysanoire
3rd Feb 2015, 10:08
edit: wich what i mean by that is even tho we are taught hte differences, in actual reading comprehension it doesnt matter. you can use whatever one you want, the context of the sentence gives it meaning.

Dats rite we dont need to follow any spelling ruls we can just rite however we like its not like it matters because its all in you're head anyway.

[edit] YES IT FRIKKIN' DOES!

And not being able to spell is nothing to be proud of.

absinthesize
3rd Feb 2015, 10:13
Dats rite we dont need to follow any spelling ruls we can just rite however we like its not like it matters because its all in you're head anyway.

[edit] YES IT FRIKKIN' DOES!

And not being able to spell is nothing to be proud of.

no it doesnt, i was able to read your post fine without any wonder on what any of it meant.

and not being able to is not the same as not caring

if i was in a college course, or writing something professionally, sure, edit edit edit, correct grammar, whatever.

a community forum for a videogame?

really not worth the effort. and its easier then sitting here going, wich is the correct spelling again?

so

[edit] no et freekin dunt

Ysanoire
3rd Feb 2015, 10:15
really not worth the effort. and its easier then sitting here going, wich is the correct spelling again?

Sure, it's other people who have to make the effort reading you, right?

absinthesize
3rd Feb 2015, 10:24
Sure, it's other people who have to make the effort reading you, right?

except its not difficult at all. if you cant tell what i meant by reading it then your understanding of language is lacking at best. i read your intentionally mispelled post with ease, not having to read a single thing twice in it, so ...+1

Ysanoire
3rd Feb 2015, 10:28
Well, *I* find it bothersome and annoying to read text that contains too many spelling mistakes and lacks punctuation. And it IS possible to make sentences ambiguous with spelling mistakes.

And what if my understanding of language IS lacking? Do you realise how many foreigners read this forum? I'm not sure if even half of the players here are of Anglo-Saxon origin.

I find this attitude disrespectful.

--Ram--
3rd Feb 2015, 10:44
and its easier then sitting here going, wich is the correct spelling again?

Let me help you. Wich is never correct, save yourself that thought and write which. :)

absinthesize
3rd Feb 2015, 11:04
Ysanoire, i find your attitude disrespectful. im not going to cater to your lack of understanding of the english language just as i wouldnt expect a german speaking person to cater for me. ive been polite thus far.

Ram, ill still probably use the word wich, as it saves time when typing and its muscle memory at this point. but if i remember at the time i can try.

Ysanoire
3rd Feb 2015, 11:13
I'm not asking you to cater to anything. I will simply not read your posts next time if it's too much effort. You are free to perpetuate your image of a barely literate, sloppy and uneducated person.

I'm not lacking understanding of the English language. This pidgin of yours, though, is another matter.

absinthesize
3rd Feb 2015, 11:40
I'm not asking you to cater to anything. I will simply not read your posts next time if it's too much effort. You are free to perpetuate your image of a barely literate, sloppy and uneducated person.

I'm not lacking understanding of the English language. This pidgin of yours, though, is another matter.

sounds good sir

have a nice morning!

Ygdrasel
4th Feb 2015, 19:33
its a useless form of differentiation

Grammar: It's totally useless!

Right.

Okay.

By the way...A "wich" is a salt pit. And just in case, "Ur" was a Sumerian city-state.

And "HAHA YOU CARE ABOUT GRAMMAR! GOD, YOU'RE UPTIGHT!" (pardon my paraphrase) is just plain anti-intellectualism.

But yeah, play Reaver and Hunter first.

absinthesize
4th Feb 2015, 21:23
sorry this is a older post, ive been playing for about 85 hours? now

hunter i enjoy greatly

reaver not so much, i found my groove with deceiver. cant wait for that evolved skin...wich...i will wear happily.

TeeSin
7th Mar 2015, 13:53
Deceiver / Reaver ( kickin build ) r good vampire for starter . Easy to master , mobile , multi-role , fun to play and effective :D .

Hunter / Vanguard . Easy to aim , can 1v1 easily with any vampire , good support , high dps , good carrier .