PDA

View Full Version : Shadowstep broken?

chriZor
28th Nov 2014, 14:45
Hi my lovely community!

After the patch i ve noticed something that never happen before. When i try to cast the shadowstep:

...sometimes...
- it channels twice
- the channel-cast feels like knocked back - maybe by shots?(the channel jumps back and forth)
- the channel-cast complete, the animation-begins and stops immediatly without any CD

Well, maybe im wrong - correct me please if its intented - or it could be lag?
one of these iv got recorded - try to upload it later

-chriZor

update:
here we go- cutted it out: http://youtu.be/fPRSMB_nDxs

as i said, its not only that double-cast - the other problems happen aswell

I dont know how to creat that bug - is it the AA before?

-chriZor

riggepls
28th Nov 2014, 15:57
Yes something is definitely interrupting it, if it is intended i don't know.

chriZor
28th Nov 2014, 19:05
here we go- cutted it out: http://youtu.be/fPRSMB_nDxs

as i said, its not only that double-cast - the other problems happen aswell

I dont know how to creat that bug - is it the AA before?

-chriZor

PencileyePirate
28th Nov 2014, 20:03
Shadow step definitely has issues since the latest patch. It seems fairly random since it doesn't always happen, but is quite frequent ... last night I was building a habit of double-tapping the skill button to make sure it works.

chriZor
28th Nov 2014, 20:36
Shadow step definitely has issues since the latest patch. It seems fairly random since it doesn't always happen, but is quite frequent ... last night I was building a habit of double-tapping the skill button to make sure it works.

yeah i did the same - hopefully they fix the deceiver first :P thats more frustrating

DesolatedMaggot
28th Nov 2014, 21:33
I haven't noticed it double casting like that, but I have seen it cast and go nowhere and not use the cooldown a lot. I've swapped back over to using Evasion for now. Just when I was getting used to using shadowstep too. lol

-Konf-
29th Nov 2014, 04:10
Hey chriZor, thanks for raising this. I wanted to attest to this bug happening as well.

I had the same exact problem while playing Reaver last night (give me my Deceiver back please!) and when I attempted to use [Shadowstep] all I saw was a finished cast time and then I ended up in the same spot without incurring a cooldown. I then attempted to use the ability again straight away and the same thing happened - casting animation went off but I ended up in the same spot and got killed shortly after.

I disregarded this at first as at that time local Australian servers were down and I had to play elsewhere with increased latency, but looks like the problem is actually real. That being said (blaming lag) - that never used to happen to me when playing Reaver before local servers got released.

I'm sure it's an unintentional bug - same as Deceiver's [Disguise].