PDA

View Full Version : Noticeable Performance decrease since patch.

uNborn-
27th Nov 2014, 20:14
Im getting incredible FPS lag since the last patch. Feels just like the prophet memory leak glitch that was fixed in the prior patch. Most noticably on the fane. Other than that i'm not sure what is causing it. Ill try with prophets and without and report back. Was running incredibly smooth before this last update.

MasterShuriko
27th Nov 2014, 21:14
Since the update I have noticed Random FPS drops throughout the game.

And I suspect that it is the game thats gone haywire somewhere in the patches.

In my computer I have a I7 4770k 3.50GHz processor
32gig ram
asus Z87-A motherboard
and a GTX 980 Card
a powersupply on 1050W.
OS Windows 7 Professional
Before the patches I didnt have a single fps drop in this game and then I played it on ultra. But now I get it at seemigly random interwalls.

Since the GPU havent had any new drivers released since the new patch in Nosgoth arrived I didnt think it could be that, never the less I rolled back 2 updates in the GTX card and tried:
nvidia driver 344.75 (most recent drivers) Release Date 18.11.2014
nvidia driver 344.65 Release Date 10.11.2014
nvidia driver 344.60 Release Date 4.11.2014

I have double checked in other games on Ultra such as, Shadows of Mordor and I dont get the fps drops, I have played Planetside 2 (yea I know its not that demanding but still), Firefall also runs smooth as water.

Would really like to hear if someone else noticed this and if theres a official response would be awesome aswell.

MasterShuriko
27th Nov 2014, 21:18
Just finished a post about this myself. Although I didnt notice specific charachters causing it.
Wrote down my tests and so far aswell with diff kinds of drivers and my Pc speccs

Louves
27th Nov 2014, 22:42
Same here, I had like 25 fps in my last game. There were 2-3 Prophets in the match, but I am not sure if it's releated to it.

DesolatedMaggot
28th Nov 2014, 01:17
Getting the same issue. Don't think its related to prophets though, I'll test that in a private match and post back.

Edit: Doesn't seem to be from prophet glitch. Though I didn't get much time to test that fact because I was booted from my private match. : /

uNborn-
28th Nov 2014, 06:33
Upon further testing, The FPS lag is unaffected by the prophet and is there universally. Getting about half the fps I normally got before the patch. Hope the devs fix this before the ESL tournament sunday. Its almost unplayable on fane for me. Anybody out there? Corey? Greg? Jesus?

Psyonix_Corey
5th Dec 2014, 22:00
Do you guys have modified INI files set to read-only?

Can you try resetting your Video Settings to defaults and let us know if there are specific settings causing you issues?

Do you get low FPS at all times on any map, on Low settings?

From our end, we discovered and resolved a bug yesterday causing hitches in maps like Sommerdamm and the Fane when moving around the map. They only last for one frame, but they are irritating. It was related to how Unreal 3 does texture streaming on PC. It will need to go through QA before it can be released, but if it is brief hitches interrupting normal FPS, this could be related.

MasterShuriko
5th Dec 2014, 23:02
Cant speak for others but I have not made any modifications to the INI files. For what I noticed I got some drops on Freeport, since I only came across the issue during the other time we tested the matchmaking patch. But since that patch was rolled back the performance drop vanished. Todays patch (5/12-2014) Have not allowed me to play So I cannot say if the FPS drops or performance drops are still here.

Louves
5th Dec 2014, 23:40
Do you get low FPS at all times on any map, on Low settings?

Yes, on all maps but it's worse on The Fane and Sommerdamm

From our end, we discovered and resolved a bug yesterday causing hitches in maps like Sommerdamm and the Fane when moving around the map. They only last for one frame, but they are irritating. It was related to how Unreal 3 does texture streaming on PC. It will need to go through QA before it can be released, but if it is brief hitches interrupting normal FPS, this could be related.

Good to hear, that was really annoying!

lucinvampire
6th Dec 2014, 00:18
Yes- the drops tend to happen on Sommerdamm and Fane the worst- I don't know if it's a coincidence but it usually happens if I'm human. Though I do tend to get poor FPS generally recently. I haven't changed any of my ini files.

It'll be good to see if this fix is the fix that fixes it :D

uNborn-
6th Dec 2014, 02:20
Sounds like louves and I are getting the exact same problem. It's definitely most noticeable on the Fane and Sommer but really bad performance across the board on other maps aswell. Not sure if it's related to the new findings though as I didn't notice it until this new patch updated. Game is really unplayable for me at the moment, won't be able to play Sunday in ESL because of this :(. I just hope there is a quick fix for this issue. Thanks for investigating Corey. Please keep us posted on any new findings. Frustration level 100 at the moment.

TapxJames
6th Dec 2014, 07:12
I have the same issue, consistently getting about 40fps less. Feels like we went back a few patches. I noticed this during the whole two games I got in today before the servers **** the bed. I hope there can be a rollback in time for the esl competition this sunday as I'm sure we're not the only ones affected by this.

FireWorks_
6th Dec 2014, 10:47
What framerates do you guys have normally and what does it drop to, for how long? A few absolute numbers would be interesting.

Wolfspell
6th Dec 2014, 12:33
Yeah, I been noticing the same issue since the patch.

-Shiro-
6th Dec 2014, 13:30
Today, I tried to join a lobby (european) multiple times, restarting the game...

"Host's party is full".

I'm alone of course.
Impossible to play.

Yesterday, my character freezed a lot, I could only take control after a few seconds (of course, I had been killed).
No connexion issues, no high ping, good framerate.

Then the game simply wasn't responding. The screen had frozen, except I was able to access the chat and the options.
I was talking with other players while they were returned to the lobby (...).
This was a first, and very strange issue.

Anyway, thank you for your work !

HexMee
6th Dec 2014, 14:00
I've got huge performance issues too since last patch, I havn't noticed any FPS drops specifically but what has really been a big problem for me is my GPU overheating.

I'm using the lowest video settings available (except resolution) and my GPU temp has gone up by 10-15 degree celcius compared to prepatch, pushing it slightly over the "danger zone" which makes my computer automatically tab out and give me a warning. Already died thanks to this 5 times in one day of playing.

I can also confirm that fane & freeport are the two maps that are most prone to pushing it that little extra bit further, although i've had it happen on other maps aswell.

DesolatedMaggot
6th Dec 2014, 17:21
I did not get to play much this most recent patch (Nov. 5th), but I did not have any FPS issues as I did in the earlier versions. At least not on Freeport anyway.

HyPnOj64
7th Dec 2014, 09:29
Same here.

uNborn-
8th Dec 2014, 23:20
Just wanted to post and reiterate that with the re add of the previous patch that I am getting 60 fps less than I did before. Its bad on all maps and worse on fane and sommerdamm. I get the same fps with a default ini. file as I do with a toned down config. Please fix this or roll back. Game is barely playable and there is money on the line in ESL. I dont care about the balance changes they are fine by me Just make the game playable.

Petire
8th Dec 2014, 23:23
With this new patch (just this version not any recent implementation of the patch) I am getting about 40-60 FPS less than I did before this patch. Especially in smoke or healing mist (doesn't seem to affect on haze or volley)

Psyonix_Corey
8th Dec 2014, 23:25
Just wanted to post and reiterate that with the re add of the previous patch that I am getting 60 fps less than I did before. Its bad on all maps and worse on fane and sommerdamm. I get the same fps with a default ini. file as I do with a toned down config. Please fix this or roll back. Game is barely playable and there is money on the line in ESL. I dont care about the balance changes they are fine by me Just make the game playable.

What is your average framerate before and after patch? Is it spikes or a consistent low FPS?

Does it degrade the longer you're in a match, or is it extremely low on initial load and stays that way?

EDIT: After yelling at our programmers for awhile they found an issue with this build where World Detail settings are not being applied. This means no matter how low you set your in-game settings or INI, you are rendering a bunch of expensive FX and level props. We're fixing now - hopefully this, plus the change we made last week to texture streaming, will resolve your issues. It will go into QA tomorrow but I don't have an exact timeline on release.

Trying to get a workaround for the interim. Hold tight.

EDIT 2:
uNborn-, can you try these settings in BCMPSystemSettings.ini?

StaticDecals=False
DecalCullDistanceScale=0.25
SkeletalMeshLODBias=2
ParticleLODBias=2
MaxShadowResolution=256
MaxWholeSceneDominantShadowResolution=256

Your best bet is to find those lines and set them explicitly to those values.

uNborn-
9th Dec 2014, 01:42
What is your average framerate before and after patch? Is it spikes or a consistent low FPS?

Does it degrade the longer you're in a match, or is it extremely low on initial load and stays that way?

EDIT: After yelling at our programmers for awhile they found an issue with this build where World Detail settings are not being applied. This means no matter how low you set your in-game settings or INI, you are rendering a bunch of expensive FX and level props. We're fixing now - hopefully this, plus the change we made last week to texture streaming, will resolve your issues. It will go into QA tomorrow but I don't have an exact timeline on release.

Trying to get a workaround for the interim. Hold tight.

EDIT 2:
uNborn-, can you try these settings in BCMPSystemSettings.ini?

Your best bet is to find those lines and set them explicitly to those values.

Thanks for the reply Corey. I have a good computer and all that used to get 130+fps on all maps before the patch.Now i'm getting like 40-70 fps with major fps stuttering and mouse lag. I tried the values you suggested and it didn't help. Hopefully the findings you spoke of fix the issue as I know a lot of us are effected.

uNborn-
9th Dec 2014, 02:32
On further investigation i've noticed what looks to be high resolution water fall and a map I haven't seen yet appearing right after the map loads. I'm not sure what it is or where it is but if the game is rendering this behind the actual map that you are playing on that would make a lot of sense for the performance loss.

Psyonix_Corey
9th Dec 2014, 03:06
On further investigation i've noticed what looks to be high resolution water fall and a map I haven't seen yet appearing right after the map loads. I'm not sure what it is or where it is but if the game is rendering this behind the actual map that you are playing on that would make a lot of sense for the performance loss.

The waterfall is part of the out of bounds map, and only renders on Medium or High World Detail settings.

You should NOT be seeing a waterfall. Please go into your video settings and make sure WORLD DETAIL under "Advanced" is set to LOW. Even if it is, toggle it to MEDIUM and back to LOW. You should not see any waterfalls.

uNborn-
9th Dec 2014, 03:36
upon further viewing. It seems to be a dam actually. Like a water dam made of concrete. I've tried everything. I still see it and I still have the fps loss. Sadface.

Hyperspeed1000
11th Dec 2014, 15:21
Yeah, since the last patch , 11th december, i am getting fps losses (10-20) myself. :(

Louves
11th Dec 2014, 21:11
I have the feeling it has become even worse. Today I played with 20 fps on the Fane and around 30-35 fps on Sommerdamm. In comparison: I had 50 - 60 fps on Valeholm and Provance (I only get this "high" framerate on those maps because I tweaked some setting in the .ini files).

Obisher
11th Dec 2014, 23:44
When I played for the last few days, everything seemed normal, my FPS was as usual. However, when I played today after this maintenance that was during the evening (european time) I noticed I had 10-20 less FPS.

uNborn-
12th Dec 2014, 03:04
Bumping this thread again. Its even worse today. hoping for a new build asap.

BR0sephStalin
12th Dec 2014, 04:11
Just posting to say I also went from a stable 120 to 70 max.