PDA

View Full Version : VAMPIRES "Feed, My Brethren!"

GenFeelGood
26th Nov 2014, 22:20
Not sure if this has been suggested already.

You know you've seen this happen before in vampire films, one healthy vampire opens a vein (usually the wrist) and another (starved) vampire feeds on it a little to get by til it finds a victim to bleed dry.

What if we could allow you (by holding a button) to open your vampire to being fed on and a teammate's wounded vampire can slightly restore itself by feeding on you (by also holding a button), at the expense of your vampire's health so that teammate can be more effective in the next assault? This would last as long as both players are holding that button and it only happens between a single pair, with it stopping once the volunteering vampire get below a set health level.

SmurfPoopie
27th Nov 2014, 00:35
With the way vamp regen currently works, this wouldn't work as it would be too easy to keep a teammate topped off with no downsides and it would keep delaying teamfights. Games would get really boring with something like this in. They would have to change the way regen works to keep the hp loss (from the healthy vamp) a perma loss until he dies or feeds. Although it is a pretty cool idea, I just don't think it has a place in this game. Vamp regen is pretty solid imo, I don't see a reason to add something that could be heavily exploited when you already have a way to keep a body fresh to feed on.

Varulven
27th Nov 2014, 01:42
But if the vamp that offers his blood to a teammate doesn't regen his health loss it could be possible without breaking anything.
I actually like the idea really much!

GenFeelGood
27th Nov 2014, 02:24
I don't think you would need to take regenerating out the equation, just include a minimum initial health taken that is larger than passive regeneration would restore so that there is a guaranteed cost to use in any instance.

Humans already have an edge over vampires when it comes to healing IMO (even with passive regeneration), since they don't have to hunt and kill what insta-heals them without worrying about it killing them first.

GenFeelGood
21st Dec 2014, 22:38
Just giving this bump since I've been in a few matches where this would have come in handy.

Vampmaster
22nd Dec 2014, 00:02
It would have to be a special ability to prevent it from disrupting the balance. How about Rain of Blood as a Sentinel ability? It could leave a trail with a similar effect to healing mist as the Sentinel flies over his team mates. They were blood bankers according to Daniel. May or may not deplete his own health, depending on whether the devs feel it's over or underpowered.

GenFeelGood
22nd Dec 2014, 03:17
It would have to be a special ability to prevent it from disrupting the balance. How about Rain of Blood as a Sentinel ability? It could leave a trail with a similar effect to healing mist as the Sentinel flies over his team mates. They were blood bankers according to Daniel. May or may not deplete his own health, depending on whether the devs feel it's over or underpowered.

I am not sure about a fly over healing, can't help but picture your teammates having to book it because you under or over shot the mark; but that does make me remember the blood mist idea that resembles the alchemist's healing mist from a while back.

I can picture the animation, the Sentinel (while stationary) run its claw along the under side of its forearms in a single sweeping motion (opening up both ateries in a single motion ); and a blood mist forms around him, that serves as an AOE the heals all other vampires that stand in it.

I agree that such abilities should go to the Razielim or possibly the Melchahim since they also have that reputation as described by Daniel; but I'd like to avoid making every female in this game a healer, it's a bit cliche.

SquirrelInDaSky
22nd Dec 2014, 03:25
How about a feature that lets you pounce noob vamps that feed the human team, (you know, those guys who go 0-10 and have like 4k dmg over the course of the game) tear them apart and drink their blood? At least they will be useful for something.

GenFeelGood
22nd Dec 2014, 03:44
How about a feature that lets you pounce noob vamps that feed the human team, (you know, those guys who go 0-10 and have like 4k dmg over the course of the game) tear them apart and drink their blood? At least they will be useful for something.

Lol

Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to do that to a teammate that fed off my kill, while at full health; and I am now stuck with less than half of my health for the next assault, all because of some self serving ****.

FearGhoul
24th Dec 2014, 06:30
I'm still wondering if telekinetic feeding will be put in this game. I mean, as a Legacy of Kain fan, it's just weird seeing the Vampires have to bite the Humans to feed every time.

GenFeelGood
24th Dec 2014, 06:42
I'm still wondering if telekinetic feeding will be put in this game. I mean, as a Legacy of Kain fan, it's just weird seeing the Vampires have to bite the Humans to feed every time.

It's coming, it's the execution for the new vampire class called the Summoner.