PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - November 26th Update (Matchmaking and MORE!)

Saikocat
26th Nov 2014, 17:49
Matchmaking Update
This is the Alpha release of the Matchmaking server. There will be bugs! Please report them on our forums - it's very important to get these issues ironed out before we transition to Open Beta, and we appreciate your patience and support in the meantime.

Matchmaking is now done by a central server that attempts to find you the best match available.
We now match by "skill" rather than "level" using a hidden MMR (MatchMaking Rating) value that we calculate from your match results. PLEASE NOTE: Everyone starts at the same MMR - it will take time for the system to assess everyone's skills. Please be patient as there may be a higher frequency of imbalanced matches until the dust settles.
Player Level no longer appears in lobbies or scoreboards as it is not used in any way for matching or team balancing.
For this initial release, you will be required to select your region (US-West, Europe, etc.) when matchmaking. We will re-enable the "All" region search in a subsequent update.

Parties

Parties have been rewritten and now exist "in the cloud" to avoid connection and reliability issues seen with the original implementation.
Please report any issues you find! We can hotfix the party system without a new game client download.

Steam Achievements

Achievements have been enabled! Most can be viewed in Steam's Achievements section for Nosgoth, but there are a few hidden ones for you to discover.
Please be aware that all stat-based achievements (Kill 100 enemies as Reaver, etc.) start from zero for all players. Your Profile stats are intact, but Steam achievements track data separately.

First Time User Experience

This build includes the initial release of this system designed to ease new players into the game.
When you first launch the game, you will be prompted to complete Hunter and Reaver tutorials that award 7-day items. You can skip any and all of the popup tutorials if you wish, and they will not appear again but can be played at any time from the Tutorials menu.
Tutorials have been moved to the PLAY tab and split up by class. Only the Hunter and Reaver tutorials that comprised the old, standalone "Tutorial" are available with this build, but the rest of the classes will be made available very soon.
New popup screens have been added when first visiting various parts of the main menu that explain how that section works.

Known Issues

Deceiver's Disguise Ability instantly switches to human form, even when the button is held down to stay invisible
Prophet Draining Curse ability lasts 10 seconds instead of 7, this is not intended.

Enlightened_Fool
26th Nov 2014, 18:03
Awesome! Keeps gettin better n better!

xBaseLine
26th Nov 2014, 18:31
Well I seriously can't say anything good about this update. I don't get it why they make 2x a stress test to see what are the problems. Then they patch it again and you still get random crashed at nearly every game. In party you see bosters as Crossbows, the sounds are diffrent (not better) also. They only good thing is the new glowing effect on the human weps....hopefully a hotfix is comming soon, unplayable atm.

PencileyePirate
26th Nov 2014, 18:32
Thanks for the update!

Please be aware that all stat-based achievements (Kill 100 enemies as Reaver, etc.) start from zero for all players. Your Profile stats are intact, but Steam achievements track data separately.

Why can't steam achievements be awarded based on the previously existing stats? Warframe was able to in the same scenario.

xBaseLine
26th Nov 2014, 18:34
Thanks for the update!

Why can't steam achievements be awarded based on the previously existing stats? Warframe was able to in the same scenario.

Would be much more fair for thos who already played tons of hours ;)

Psyonix-Greg
26th Nov 2014, 18:38
Well I seriously can't say anything good about this update. I don't get it why they make 2x a stress test to see what are the problems. Then they patch it again and you still get random crashed at nearly every game. In party you see bosters as Crossbows, the sounds are diffrent (not better) also. They only good thing is the new glowing effect on the human weps....hopefully a hotfix is comming soon, unplayable atm.

This is all part of the test, part of the Closed Beta. We're aware there are issues and we're working on them.

j4m41k4n0
26th Nov 2014, 18:42
Disguise without invisibility is useless, why **** this vampire? Only for just complaints of noobs?

Psyonix_Corey
26th Nov 2014, 18:43
Disguise without invisibility is useless, why **** this vampire? Only for just complaints of noobs?

It's in known issues because it's not an intended change.

chriZor
26th Nov 2014, 19:11

its a way to promote mindcontrol :rasp:

Louves
26th Nov 2014, 19:34
its a way to promote mindcontrol :rasp:

Well at least now I have a good reason to level my two mysterious dominate minds :P

cmstache
26th Nov 2014, 19:44
Can't connect to the party servers. Asked me to link my account. Haven't gotten this message in over a year playing the game. (Although, I know others have.) That being said, my account is linked. ;) There's a connectivity bug somewhere around here.

EDIT: The account connectivity seems to be cleared up (although I didn't so anything, so much be something server-side.) I still don't like the new search options for region (no "all") which severely limits player bases, but that's a UI issue. And let's not talk about a full settings reset again. I know that's not necessarily game-breaking, but it's definitely something that players can find annoying. Bindings is one thing, video/mouse settings is another.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, now it just searches and then can't connect as opposed to just flat out not connecting. Guess I'll try again later. :)

Psyonix_Eric
26th Nov 2014, 19:54
Can't connect to the party servers. Asked me to link my account. Haven't gotten this message in over a year playing the game. (Although, I know others have.) That being said, my account is linked. ;) There's a connectivity bug somewhere around here.

Cat responded about the server issues they're having here: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=148835&p=2087792#post2087792

cmstache
26th Nov 2014, 19:55
She did indeed. Sorry guys, missed that thread. :) Guess I'll follow what I said earlier and try back in a bit. :)

chriZor
26th Nov 2014, 19:58
Guess we'll have to sit and wait for the days or week - it must be done.

pundewhee
26th Nov 2014, 20:29
I really like that you added the option to go directly to the tutorial(s) after intro vids. Straight into "action", but with a chance to adjust your video settings and mouse sensitivity etc. in your own time, not fearing a sent grabbing you while adjusting and your teammates cursing in the chatbox.

And as a y-inverter, I LOVE that the tutorial starts with Y-axis invert choice!

Also nice that the new matchmaking doesn't use my existing stats for the MMR. I sucked so bad for so long. I still suck, but less.

It feels like open beta is nigh. Yey! Keep up the good work, guys and guyettes!

SoonaBoonga
26th Nov 2014, 20:50
First thank you for the game it could be great.
But I think removing the disconnect button 10 sec before the game is starting would take care of the leavign problem.
Deceiver has no escape now without invisibiltiy. A vampire can't survive without an escape.

Game was way better in the beginning before lowering dmg on pounce, nerfing senti and nerfing deceiver.
In a few month humans became way more powerful than vampires. I mean you don't have stats? It's just unplayable as a vampire. Only tyrants can make a 3 skills combo while stunning you with almost no damage, they are the ones who need a nerf. I feel like the game is only for pro players. Reaver (pounce) and deceiver need to be back as before, tyrants need a nerf before the hitting ground power, senti is too slow when going up. Thank you, anyway for at least reading this.

eXmoRtiZ
26th Nov 2014, 21:24
Well connection lost problem seems solved, still servers crashing.

Saikocat
26th Nov 2014, 21:43
Hey folks,
Trying to update these on the road, I missed this thread, apologies!
The issues with connections should be resolved, but if you do still experience those, let us know. We're keeping a close eye on everything, and all the feedback, so keep it coming!

MasterZtark
26th Nov 2014, 21:51
Thanks Cat!

I haven't had any time to play Nosgoth lately, but seen the patch notes for today and just had to make time for at least one game! Everything ran smoothly and I had a great time! Keep up the great work!

LOFO1993
26th Nov 2014, 21:52
Am I the only one who does NOT see the achievements anywhere on Steam?

Firehex
26th Nov 2014, 22:34
Steam Achievements

Achievements have been enabled! Most can be viewed in Steam's Achievements section for Nosgoth, but there are a few hidden ones for you to discover.

Finally..Let's wait steam traiding cards with each class. :group_hug:

I have 1 question - what did happend with vampire attack animation ? It became sooo slow O__O

IamDreo
26th Nov 2014, 22:40
Hello!

Before i voice my opinion, i'd like to state that i am aware that the MMR system needs time to adjust to the average skill levels etc. However, have you guys/girls (Match Making Programmers) considered using the MMR system to base its calculations off individual skill rather than team skill i.e not Win/Loss ratio ? And if it already is, what bit of individual skill is the MMR based upon i.e Damage Dealt, K/D Ratio etc.

Many Thanks ,
- xG | DreoUK

LOFO1993
26th Nov 2014, 23:46
Steam Achievements

That's the point: I don't see them, any of them, anywhere. It says there are 65 achievements, but it doesn't display them correctly. It's exactly like it was before the patch: I can go to global stats and have a preview of names and pictures, but there is no text as to what the achievement actually requires you to do, and all are reported to have been accomplished by 0% of the players.

Saikocat
26th Nov 2014, 23:51
Hey folks,

Just a quick update:
Please note you may experience intermittent downtime at this time, while we work to improve some services. We'll try to keep this to a minimum. Thanks!

That's the point: I don't see them, any of them, anywhere. It says there are 65 achievements, but it doesn't display them correctly. It's exactly like it was before the patch: I can go to global stats and have a preview of names and pictures, but there is no text as to what the achievement actually requires you to do, and all are reported to have been accomplished by 0% of the players.

They're not fully visible yet, we're looking at that and it'll get adjusted. It should be tracking it for you and saving your progress on them, so keep an eye out for then that last tweak goes through and they go visible.

Vampmaster
26th Nov 2014, 23:57
I just noticed the tutorial has junk text or debug variable names in some of the prompts. I spotted it in the vampire tutorial, but it might have been happening before.

EDIT: It's pretty late so I only played one match. It's hard to say whether the teams were better matched at this point, but it seemed quicker in finding a lobby.

Psyonix_Eric
27th Nov 2014, 00:19
I just noticed the tutorial has junk text or debug variable names in some of the prompts. I spotted it in the vampire tutorial, but it might have been happening before.
This is just an error with a string not being properly localized, or set up for localization. More of a display bug than anything.

xBaseLine
27th Nov 2014, 05:12
Well since yesterday my bros and I just had a really hard time to get into party and even to find a match. Most of the time we got the message "to link our steam account". (I know issue is known)
We tryed it now, we aren't even able to find a game. We stuck in the loading screen "finding the best game".
Random crashes still happen in private matches.

//edit any new infos about the problem what causes that crashes? not able to join to party? not able to find a match?