PDA

View Full Version : HUMANS Shooting While Falling

TendrilSavant
21st Nov 2014, 22:43
I've come to the conclusion that humans being able to shoot while falling should be removed or altered in some way.

I feel that this is one of the reason certain areas of maps are clearly better than others for humans to defend. These areas would be the "walls" or "bridges" that most maps have. They're easier to fend off attacks by design because vampires need to approach cautiously; but thanks to shooting while falling, they are also great spots for punishing vampire retreats.

OnlyLogic
22nd Nov 2014, 10:58
I think this is absolutely fair. The maps you're talking about are also particularly vertical, meaning upwards is usually a great path of escape and there's usually a ledge above the ledge.

PencileyePirate
22nd Nov 2014, 14:56
I've come to the conclusion that humans being able to shoot while falling should be removed or altered in some way.

I feel that this is one of the reason certain areas of maps are clearly better than others for humans to defend. These areas would be the "walls" or "bridges" that most maps have. They're easier to fend off attacks by design because vampires need to approach cautiously; but thanks to shooting while falling, they are also great spots for punishing vampire retreats.

I completely disagree ... and I don't think shooting while falling affects map balance at all. It's an important quality-of-life feature for humans, but it's not used so frequently that it can/should determine defense positions.

--Ram--
22nd Nov 2014, 15:43
I've come to the conclusion that humans are the dominant species, since vampires cannot multitask well enough to swing their arms while falling. Kinda sad.

-Konf-
22nd Nov 2014, 15:57
I've come to the conclusion that humans are the dominant species, since vampires cannot multitask well enough to swing their arms while falling. Kinda sad.
Haha, Vampires can't even do the simplest of things like land special attacks properly when positioned on a staircase!

TendrilSavant
22nd Nov 2014, 16:44
I completely disagree ... and I don't think shooting while falling affects map balance at all. It's an important quality-of-life feature for humans, but it's not used so frequently that it can/should determine defense positions.

I'm not talking about map balance, I think the maps are finely made. The problem is that when people are playing to win, any little advantage can make or break engagements. If you've played or watched scrims/esl recently, it's obvious that holding the walls/bridges is key to victory. I'm not against using uneven terrain to evade vampires, so the map design isn't a problem for me; but being able to shoot while falling allows humans to keep the pressure on much more consistently than vampires. Also, there seems to be more human abilities that can be used midair than vampire ones, giving them more versatility over all.

As for quality of life, many games that allow you to fire while falling penalize the player by affect spread and recoil during the fall. Arena shooter's don't, but everyone has access to the same weapons and mobility options in those games.

PencileyePirate
22nd Nov 2014, 18:01
The problem is that when people are playing to win, any little advantage can make or break engagements. If you've played or watched scrims/esl recently, it's obvious that holding the walls/bridges is key to victory.

I have watched a few, and I think standing on the walls/bridges is key to victory ... falling off of them while shooting not so much. However I think it'd be frustrating to lose that capability since falling would become even more risky.