PDA

View Full Version : **New Matchmaking and Party System Stress Test NOVEMBER 22**

Saikocat
21st Nov 2014, 18:21
Over the last several months, we've been working hard on our new Nosgoth Matchmaking and Party system at a fervent pace. It has been an ambitious undertaking to say the least, as we've had to construct most of the feature's key components from scratch while running into our own fair share of surprises and complications along the way. So first and foremost, thank you very much for your patience as we figured it out!

Secondly, we're also happy to report that we have now reached a point in development where we're ready to start stress testing the features to see how they work in the real world. Our goal, after all, is to have both the Matchmaking and Party systems running as efficiently as possible BEFORE heading into Open Bea this winter.

And the time to test it is tomorrow!

Starting 2 pm GMT / 9 am EST, November 22, following both a client- and server-side game update, the new Matchmaking and Party systems will be available for a limited-time mega test. For six hours, we invite any and all Nosgoth players to try the new systems and tell us what you think. As a special thank you for the issues you will encounter, we will also be providing an additional 500 Gold to all players who participate in the test and credit all active rentals (Boosters and Items) with 6 hours for any downtime incurred. Note that Gold will be credited to accounts on Monday.

Please note: YOU WILL run into problems with this test, but knowing which problems you encounter and why you do is what will make it better in the final version. When the test begins tomorrow, we will have a "Known Issue List" on the forum, where you can see the already identified bugs. We will also be including detail once the test goes live, on how you can report new issues to us.

Thanks in advance for your help and your fortitude, we really appreciate it. Check back again tomorrow for our "Known Issue List" when the test begins.

RazielWarmonic
21st Nov 2014, 18:32
http://media.tumblr.com/a502bbc2b88bca2a9a8e71d78122209c/tumblr_inline_ms1w4gDdZ91qz4rgp.gif
[Freaking Out Intensifies]

Can't wait to try it!

Varulven
21st Nov 2014, 22:27
Cool thing :D

German translation here: http://tales-of-nosgoth.de/index.php/news

-Shiro-
21st Nov 2014, 23:05
Perfect, see you tomorrow ; )

eXmoRtiZ
22nd Nov 2014, 11:14
I keep open this page :D Can't wait for try the new system. Well, I think, anything u did a last few months is better than we have now :). So don't patch it back to old one after stress test :)

Kosici
22nd Nov 2014, 14:01
Nothing feels different. Not on my part anyways. Nothing will ever be different as long as people with more than 10 lvl's over your own lvl can enter a room, in a party, and bash everything. Nothing. As long as its allowed for high lvl's to mess up low lvl's in public, without repercussions, nothing will ever change. I entered the game and saw that i am encouraged to post my feedback on the forums. This is a good 'a place as any i guess. First match, landed off the bat, i just clicked the join button and i was in a full lobby, during countdown. But see here. When entered, there were people below lvl 10 fighting people over lvl 20-30. So that ended up really messy. Second match landed with 2 lvl 40's in the opposing team. That is a bitter start. Bitter. I'm lvl 25, and i'm somewhere around average as a player, or below, i don't quite know, so i can't compensate for the lack of team balance and i guess even if i could, it wouldn't be a fun experience. Again. You are allowing high level players to bash low lvl lobbies. If you wondered what was wrong with the matchmaking. Take a hint!

eXmoRtiZ
22nd Nov 2014, 14:16
Kosici how can u test it? :) They patching the servers now.

Kosici
22nd Nov 2014, 14:25
the add was up in game. It said test the matchmaking system and help with feedback. That was my honest feedback.

--Ram--
22nd Nov 2014, 14:36
Nothing feels different. Not on my part anyways. Nothing will ever be different as long as people with more than 10 lvl's over your own lvl can enter a room, in a party, and bash everything. Nothing. As long as its allowed for high lvl's to mess up low lvl's in public, without repercussions, nothing will ever change. I entered the game and saw that i am encouraged to post my feedback on the forums. This is a good 'a place as any i guess. First match, landed off the bat, i just clicked the join button and i was in a full lobby, during countdown. But see here. When entered, there were people below lvl 10 fighting people over lvl 20-30. So that ended up really messy. Second match landed with 2 lvl 40's in the opposing team. That is a bitter start. Bitter. I'm lvl 25, and i'm somewhere around average as a player, or below, i don't quite know, so i can't compensate for the lack of team balance and i guess even if i could, it wouldn't be a fun experience. Again. You are allowing high level players to bash low lvl lobbies. If you wondered what was wrong with the matchmaking. Take a hint!

If players were to be segregated at this stage to the degree you are suggesting games would never start. It would be good to split sub 20 players from 20-40 players but the player base doesn't really allow for it at the moment. The future system being tested will separate skill levels much more effectively. So your concerns are being addressed, it will just take some time.

Saikocat
22nd Nov 2014, 14:58
the add was up in game. It said test the matchmaking system and help with feedback. That was my honest feedback.

The ad refers to when the matchmaking test begins. As we're patching right now, it hasn't started just yet. Check back soon :)

riccetto80
22nd Nov 2014, 15:02
game offline, they are set up the test... waiting to join as soon is back online :D

eXmoRtiZ
22nd Nov 2014, 15:11
game offline, they are set up the test... waiting to join as soon is back online :D

Patch is downloadable now, so I think they release it shortly.

riccetto80
22nd Nov 2014, 15:15
1,1gb patch, lol, good i download from steam at 15mb/s asd

Captain3009
22nd Nov 2014, 15:15
patch is queued in my steam accound right now.

riccetto80
22nd Nov 2014, 15:18
push up in queue and will download immediate

FireWorks_
22nd Nov 2014, 15:19
Comming back after a break, oh nice the mm test!

And then the usual Psyonix/Square Enix/Nosgoth fail of communication.
You dont announce when YOU start your test with patching, internal testing, checking,...

You announce when the PLAYERS can actually TEST.

Was hoping to check in and least try it once but dont have time now anymore:/

riccetto80
22nd Nov 2014, 15:20
IS NOT POSSIBLE EVERY SINGLE PATCH THIS GAME FORGOT THE GRAPHICS SETTHINGSSSSSSSSSS

com on guy how you work??? how is possible you dont care to preserve the options?

now i have again to try different seething till find out the best one, because i dont remeber how i set up last time, thank you.

Saikocat
22nd Nov 2014, 15:22
There has been a delay at the server location side, we're working to clear this up and get things online as soon as possible. Bear with us, we're sorry for the delay everyone.

FireWorks_
22nd Nov 2014, 15:56
Does it affect the rest of the test? Length? Hardcoded end (like previous events) and then the old system is back?
What happens when the test is over? Is this just to have people hyped/condensed, but the system will be online later too?

Where is the known issue list mentioned in the OP?

Common you only have a few thousand people audience but that doesnt mean they have to run for every piece of information.

-Shiro-
22nd Nov 2014, 16:04
Patch downloaded, game supposed to begin two hours ago (GMT+1 here), and now I have to go.

chriZor
22nd Nov 2014, 16:06
Does it affect the rest of the test? Length? Hardcoded end (like previous events) and then the old system is back?
What happens when the test is over? Is this just to have people hyped/condensed, but the system will be online later too?

Where is the known issue list mentioned in the OP?

Common you only have a few thousand people audience but that doesnt mean they have to run for every piece of information.

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/unbenannt8uw3h621ct.jpg
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=148714

fireworks, you should follow the twitter-acc aswell https://twitter.com/Nosgoth

they post enough informations
"following both a client- and server-side game update, the new Matchmaking and Party systems will be available for a limited-time mega test"

no offense
chrizor

riccetto80
22nd Nov 2014, 16:27
lol till now the stress test is a success, the server are so stressed they dont work at all :D

http://i.imgur.com/VSRhL.gif

chriZor
22nd Nov 2014, 16:32
its live

Sluagh
22nd Nov 2014, 16:35
Am just queued to update, Any news so far on when it'll be up? I am off to night shift soon (for Ducket's Traders).

riccetto80
22nd Nov 2014, 16:35
its live

http://i.imgur.com/wDMUCzd.gif

Captain3009
22nd Nov 2014, 16:37
A suggestion: please do not mention starting hours any more if you announce something on your blog. I'm sitting here now for two hours waiting for the update that is still in the queue. I know that these events are complicated behind the scenes and your work is certainly appreciated, but delays creates a bad name for your firm.

chriZor
22nd Nov 2014, 16:38
http://i.imgur.com/wDMUCzd.gif

haha your gang is waiting for me? :)

Saikocat
22nd Nov 2014, 16:39
It isn't possible to do the test and let everyone know when it will happen, without mentioning specifics about the time. Unfortunately we ran into hiccups on the server location side, but it's cleared up now and the servers are back up.

You can now test the new matchmaking, and the end time is extended.

eXmoRtiZ
22nd Nov 2014, 16:43
Am When I try to join a game it says: You are connected to matchmaking server of a different enviroment. And nothing happened. I screw up something?

riccetto80
22nd Nov 2014, 16:44
i cannot play at all:

http://i.imgur.com/b4aPetO.png

OmniDetta
22nd Nov 2014, 16:45
I get the same as the above; I can't play. :(

Thamior2311
22nd Nov 2014, 16:45
Anyone else getting "You are connected to a different environment server" stuff while trying to join?

eXmoRtiZ
22nd Nov 2014, 16:46
Anyone else getting "You are connected to a different environment server" stuff while trying to join?

Just refresh the page :)

LostMyBalls
Same here, doesn't seem to work right now.

Captain3009
Thank you Cat, your work is highly appreciated, am sure everything will be fine.
Thanks again for the hard work and long hours that you and all the others spend on this game.

pundewhee
22nd Nov 2014, 16:47
I just get this when I try to search for a match:

http://i.imgur.com/2oAVoyI.png

EDIT: oh, should've refreshed, I'm not alone. I'll try again in an hour or so.

Varulven
22nd Nov 2014, 16:49
Same here :/

eXmoRtiZ
22nd Nov 2014, 17:01
Twitter refreshed, they looking for the error messege.

Psyonix_Corey
22nd Nov 2014, 17:11
We're looking into it. I'm just as frustrated as you guys, I apologize for the delays and brokenness.

eXmoRtiZ
22nd Nov 2014, 17:13
We're looking into it. I'm just as frustrated as you guys, I apologize for the delays and brokenness.

I'm sure about that. You guys made a good and addictive game, but matchmaking is a critical problem. And luck not on your side now :(. Well I hope others are patient like me, I really want to test this improvement.

Sluagh
22nd Nov 2014, 17:16
I'm sure about that. You guys made a good and addictive game, but matchmaking is a critical problem. And luck not on your side now :(. Well I hope others are patient like me, I really want to test this improvement.

Same. Chocolate and Youtube is my only comfort right now.

chriZor
22nd Nov 2014, 17:17

We are happy to help you guys to get the game as fast as possible to the best. Tests are needed to be made. Errors could happen as you guys said.

No problem!

chriZor
22nd Nov 2014, 17:46
well guys,

i could manage to get into a lobby by spamming this "search"-button, but...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=345320032
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=345324852

-bugged pictures
-bugged levels
-ingame 0 rejoin(you know why)/leavers again

its not playable yet, sit and wait

eXmoRtiZ
22nd Nov 2014, 17:53
Twitter: "Please note our #Nosgoth Matchmaking test is postponed until tomorrow, while we fix some teething problems! Stay tuned for the new time.."

Now they rollback for the previous state.

Shikei001
22nd Nov 2014, 17:56
Twitter: "Please note our #Nosgoth Matchmaking test is postponed until tomorrow, while we fix some teething problems! Stay tuned for the new time.."

Soooooo... no ESL Cup Tomorrow ? ._.

Start time: Tomorrow, 23 Nov 2014 17:00 CET
Check in time: Tomorrow, 23 Nov 2014 16:40 CET
Late sign up: Tomorrow, 23 Nov 2014 16:50 CET

http://play.eslgaming.com/nosgoth/global/nosgoth/major/closed-beta-cup-series-eu/cup-3/?utm_source=nosgoth_global&utm_medium=leagueList&utm_term=NavCompare&utm_content=cup&utm_campaign=NavigationComparison

Saikocat
22nd Nov 2014, 18:48
Hi all!

Few quick notes:

- Nosgoth is back online now, and you can play.
- The matchmaking test has been postponed. It will not be on Sunday, but we'll share the new details with you as soon as we can.
- Anyone that logged in today to try to help test will be awarded the 500 Gold on Monday, as a thank you.

shootzz
23rd Nov 2014, 01:10
It takes like 10-20 mins to start a game (cause it want to find a complete balance team), and when a player leave on a team then we have to stick with 4v3 or 2v4 for almost the entire duration of the game. This is garbage quality and I honestly expected better from Square Enix. This is a stress test and so far it ain't going well.

Why not make a server game room format like 90% of all other shooting games does? You can create your own room whether it's public or private and choose the map you want. Just a thought, it would saves us so much trouble to fine a match.

Varulven
23rd Nov 2014, 01:25
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=148717