PDA

View Full Version : Our New Home! | New forum test thread

Pages : [1] 2

Driber
20th Nov 2014, 14:08
Hey everyone!

Welcome to our new home for the official Tomb Raider forums :wave:

As you noticed by now, we've got a bit of a new look here, but hopefully nothing too different from what you've all been used to. To make sure you guys feel right at home here, I made sure to move over all our Eidos Forums smilies, and I tried to create a set of skins that look similar to the one we were using on the old forum. Due to incompatibility issues between the old and new forum software, I just wasn't able to automatically carry over any of the skins we had in place on the old forum. So the skin that you're seeing right now is one that I had to painstakingly re-create from scratch.

I also fancied up the skin, using CSS rounding and shadow techniques, to give it an edge over our EF skin, and to really it them stand out. Together with the other skins (which will be made available soon - one of them being similar to the "TR dark" skin we had on Eidos Forums ;)) I've spent over a year working on them. So I hope you guys like the results!
width='400'

To get you all familiar with our new forums, here are some cool new features:

- Auto-save post drafts. No more "your post submission is too old, please go back and reload the screen" when you've been writing a post for a long time. No more re-writing that long post when your internet connection breaks or when your browser crashes! (oh the joy when that happened to me a few times :whistle:)

- Members Activity Stream. See what your friends and their friends are up to. Go to a member profile page to see it in action.

- Bigger PM boxes!

New Player: 50 messages (was 10 on Eidos Forums)
Gamer: 500 messages (was 100)
Protagonist: 2000 messages (was 150)
Hero: 5000 messages (was 200)

- Additional text formatting tools in the QUICK REPLY box at the bottom of thread pages. These were previously only available after you click "go advanced".

Quickly switch between standard editor and WYSIWYG editor.
Paste as plain text. When in WYSIWYG mode, you can convert html / BB code formatted text to plain text.
Change font
Change size
Quick access to smilies list
Turn a link into plain text

Well, happy posting, folks! :)

Edit: Feel free to use this thread to try out your account, the new forum features, etc.

---------------------------------------------------

Update - 4 new(ish) forum skins are available!

I've ported over both light and dark versions of the TR9 and TR10 skin from Eidos Forums.

width='800'

New features!

- No more hyperlink underlines in most areas, giving the forum a more modern and clean look. Link underlines still show in inside posts, to keep links recognizable and setting them apart from regular text.

- When quoting someone else's post containing an image, the image inside the quote is automatically thumbed to a small image of 150 pixels wide.

To use the skins, select them from the Quick Style Chooser at the bottom of the page...

width='400'

...or go into your forum settings page (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/profile.php?do=editoptions) to set a skin as your preferred skin permanently.

width='400'

Enjoy! http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/smilies/smile.png

Update - Another skin to choose from! I've ported over the LCTOO skin from EF:

width=600

Update - Thanks to the ever awesome Photoshopping skillz of forum member FearEffect, the LCTOO forum section just got a cool new banner!

The skin is also available to choose from in any other TR forum section http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/smilies/smile.png

Update:

I've created a little tool to make my life easier, and figured I'd share it with you guys, as you may find it useful, too.

http://driber.net/os/forumforward

I'm using this to find the new URLs of threads from Eidos Forums that I still have bookmarked or in my browser history (I use Firefox' awesomebar quite often) so that I don't have to go through pages of forum indexes or trying to find the name of the thread using the forum search engine.

Just enter any EF thread or post URL and it'll automatically forward you to the new location here on SEF http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/smilies/smile.png

Update:

Here's something new that I'm sure most of you will find handy - I've added the THUMB, SPOILER and YOUTUBE BB codes to the Quick Reply editor interface so you no longer need to click Go Advanced to use those 3 frequently used BB codes http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/smilies/smile.png

http://i.imgur.com/RAFuSHt.png

jaywalker2309
21st Nov 2014, 08:26
All hail the new forums :)

a_big_house
21st Nov 2014, 11:01
/run cry.exe

I kid, of course :lol:

Rai
21st Nov 2014, 11:10
Yay! Thank you Driber and to the other staff for making this migration go relatively easy for all us spoilt bra...members. Sorry thought I was on TRF for a mo' (I kid :p) I don't think we know half the work that went into it. And, for someone who tends to ramble a bit, I'm loving the auto save feature :D.

_darksaiyan_
21st Nov 2014, 11:40
I can't see any post buttons!!! (Screenshot) (https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0h57wbluzrok48/Screenshot%202014-11-21%2021.37.03.png?dl=0)

On Chrome 38.0.2125.111

a_big_house
21st Nov 2014, 11:44
I can't see any post buttons!!! (Screenshot) (https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0h57wbluzrok48/Screenshot%202014-11-21%2021.37.03.png?dl=0)

On Chrome 38.0.2125.111

Don't worry, there seem to be a couple small issues here and there which will be sorted out in due time :)

(I can't see half the smilies :lol:)
http://i.imgur.com/jtCNljx.jpg

Driber
21st Nov 2014, 11:46
@DS: I'm seeing a "post reply" button and a "post quick reply" button in your screenshot :scratch:

_darksaiyan_
21st Nov 2014, 11:55
@DS: I'm seeing a "post reply" button and a "post quick reply" button in your screenshot :scratch:

Oh, sorry - I mean under the actual post itself there should be quote, multi-quote, edit etc

Driber
21st Nov 2014, 11:59
Found the problem. Should be fixed soon!

Driber
21st Nov 2014, 12:05
Alright the buttons should show up now. The smilies, too. Can you guys confirm? :)

AdobeArtist
21st Nov 2014, 12:07
I made it in. You tried to keep me out but I made it in!! :p

Very much love that we have bigger inboxes. But is there any way to have a dark theme? All the options only change the banner. And there isn't even a Tomb Raider design :(

Also I can't get my avatar and sig back. When I went to the sig options in my user CP, there was just a message stating that I'm not permitted

And now I'm realizing that My Square account is treated as a new one. All my post history from Eidos is gone, my post count that was over 4000, and even my custom title. How do I sign in with that account over this one, as I've seen others do?? :( :mad2:

Tihocan
21st Nov 2014, 12:13
Awesome. Good work maaaate.

Edit: Holy poop I'm in circular sign-in Hell...

a_big_house
21st Nov 2014, 12:14
Yes and yes :D

Driber
21st Nov 2014, 12:27
As stated in the OP, there will be dark themes, yes!

We'll also have TR themed skins.

Try your avatar and sig now. Normally you'd have to wait until you're "new player", but I've temporarily made avatars and sigs available for the "registered member" user group, to make the migration process easier for everyone :)

Rai
21st Nov 2014, 12:33
Also, the syncing of accounts happens, Monday, right? So our post counts, custom titles etc will come over then, AA :)

Chocolate_shake
21st Nov 2014, 12:40
I made it !

Its going to take a while to get used to the new look

AdobeArtist
21st Nov 2014, 12:42
Also, the syncing of accounts happens, Monday, right? So our post counts, custom titles etc will come over then, AA :)

I sure hope so. I want to see my 4K post count back, and my proper user title :poke:

Rai
21st Nov 2014, 12:44
Erm, I just thought, will Abe and I still be able to perform the task of moving fanart blog posts to the fanart thread, come Monday?

Driber
21st Nov 2014, 12:48

Starting Monday, yes.

Erm, I just thought, will Abe and I still be able to perform the task of moving fanart blog posts to the fanart thread, come Monday?

Yep :)

Valenka
21st Nov 2014, 12:53
Looks good. I miss the 'old' forums, but gotta keep up with the times, eh? :)
I'm glad our account synchronisation is happening! Don't wanna lose out on those forum stats! :D

IvanaKC
21st Nov 2014, 12:58
As long as we're all here, everything's perfect! :D

I can't wait for a dark skin, though, because this one hurts my eyes. Yes, yes, I know that everything is still in the process, but that's just to give Driber a hint what the priority is. :p

Metalrocks
21st Nov 2014, 14:20
so, thats our new TR home.
miss the old one already. looking forward to the dark skins. the white is tearing my eyes out. and now my green doesnt look good anymore here.

i hope our post count will be back. was really close to become a protagonist.

dark7angel
21st Nov 2014, 14:26
While I also really need the return of the dark skins, I have to give a huge kudos to Driber for making this skin, it really makes it feel a lot more like our old forum. It feels like home! :)

Treeble
21st Nov 2014, 14:38
I was so lost without the forums lol. :D

pidipidi39
21st Nov 2014, 15:45
This place looks nice.

I like it.

Yup.

Tecstar70
21st Nov 2014, 16:28
Hello again!

AdobeArtist
21st Nov 2014, 17:10
I can't wait for a dark skin, though, because this one hurts my eyes.

I feel your pain, lol :cool:

It suddenly occurred to me to wonder how SE will know which Eidos accounts to sync up. I take it the system will look at the email addresses used to create these accounts here and matching to our old ones?

GrievousOdyssey
21st Nov 2014, 17:54
It suddenly occurred to me to wonder how SE will know which Eidos accounts to sync up. I take it the system will look at the email addresses used to create these accounts here and matching to our old ones?

I hope not, because i sure don't remember which old email address i used to create my Eidos Forum account five years ago, let alone the password. And for all i know it's now a defunct addresse.

Maybe we'll have to answer some trick personal question, like, "when was the last time you got an infraction and what was the motive?" haha.

In any case it's going to be an exciting monday for everyone, i'm sure.

CakeLuv
21st Nov 2014, 17:56
I feel betrayed tho, I thought once the forums got together it would mean the Nicknames would be 4+ letters :c

I miss being Eros

a_big_house
21st Nov 2014, 17:58

Alas, tis not the system that will do the matching, but our beloved moderators and admins :)

AdobeArtist
21st Nov 2014, 18:15
Alas, tis not the system that will do the matching, but our beloved moderators and admins :)

You mean they're doing it manually? Each account at a time?

Hey Driber, here's 5 pots of coffee and 3 boxes of donuts. I have a feeling you'll need it :p

dark7angel
21st Nov 2014, 18:48

Yep! Driber explained last week that it would be done manually! We sure have a very dedicated staff! :worship:

chriss_99
21st Nov 2014, 20:10
Welcome to the future! :D
Looks good :)

Rai
21st Nov 2014, 21:06
I feel betrayed tho, I thought once the forums got together it would mean the Nicknames would be 4+ letters :c

I miss being Eros

Why didn't you keep Eros, but with underscores or something? I'm miffed at not being 'Rai', but I managed to keep it close enough by adding the dashes. Could you not have done the same? I tell you, I'll be pleased when the migration is done*; It's soo odd seeing posts of mine under 'Rai' that I can't edit :p. I'm going to have to not look at them, because if I do and I see a spelling or grammar mistake, it's gonna kill me :lol:.

*Offers tea and biscuits to Driber and the other mods/admin taking the time and effort to do so

MeaganMarie
21st Nov 2014, 22:01
Seriously, HUGE, HUGE thank you to Driber and Jason for all their help with this. Offering to sync everything up manually is a huge commitment, and one we super appreciate. <3

WinterSoldierLTE
21st Nov 2014, 22:30
Yes, I feel much better knowing it's being done manually rather than a computer matching up E-mail addresses. I'm one of those who had since changed e-mail addresses, and have no idea what the old one was. Thank you so much, mods.

CakeLuv
21st Nov 2014, 23:02
Why didn't you keep Eros, but with underscores or something? I'm miffed at not being 'Rai', but I managed to keep it close enough by adding the dashes. Could you not have done the same? I tell you, I'll be pleased when the migration is done*; It's soo odd seeing posts of mine under 'Rai' that I can't edit :p. I'm going to have to not look at them, because if I do and I see a spelling or grammar mistake, it's gonna kill me :lol:.

*Offers tea and biscuits to Driber and the other mods/admin taking the time and effort to do so

Because It didn't feel right, CakeLuv's kinda cute, but I just hate any kind of cake.

AdobeArtist
21st Nov 2014, 23:32
Seriously, HUGE, HUGE thank you to Driber and Jason for all their help with this. Offering to sync everything up manually is a huge commitment, and one we super appreciate. <3

Meeeeeagan, good to see you again. Now that you're back state side, hope you'll be joining in on more of the conversations here :wave: :flowers:

Also great Q&A video. I'm bummed that I missed the chance to ask some questions. :( But just LOVED the cat wiggle segment, lol :lol::lol:

AdobeArtist
21st Nov 2014, 23:33
Because It didn't feel right, CakeLuv's kinda cute, but I just hate any kind of cake.

Who can hate cake?? Seriously, who... can hate... CAKE?? :eek:

Metalrocks
22nd Nov 2014, 00:35
doing it manually is sure a huge thing. yep, that will take some time. i guess 50 a day or so?!

and good to see your here meagan :D :flowers:

Rai
22nd Nov 2014, 00:40

:scratch: It didn't feel right to keep Eros in some form, yet you chose a name that suggests you love cake....when you don't? Perfectly logical in the scheme of things. :D :lmao:

NSW_pride
22nd Nov 2014, 00:58
1st time visiting here since the migration. It doesn't feel too different from the old forum, which is a good thing. Because it takes ages for me to get used to new forums.

Murphdawg1
22nd Nov 2014, 01:18
Luckily I had created a Square Enix account back in January when I had received Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on PS4. By the way Square I do hope you make amends for your mistake back in August.

WinterSoldierLTE
22nd Nov 2014, 01:21
The "Remember Me" option on the login page doesn't seem to work.

CakeLuv
22nd Nov 2014, 01:49
Who can hate cake?? Seriously, who... can hate... CAKE?? :eek:

Moi.

:scratch: It didn't feel right to keep Eros in some form, yet you chose a name that suggests you love cake....when you don't? Perfectly logical in the scheme of things. :D :lmao:

It's like, when you can't chose the name you want, so you have to add some random numbers, it didn't feel right, and CakeLuv's was my PSN for years, so I just feel a bit attached

Weemanply109
22nd Nov 2014, 02:15

So true! :friends:

Props to Driber and Jason for this. I need mah forum status back. I feel so NAKED here. :rasp:

Metalrocks
22nd Nov 2014, 08:28
since you guys do everything manually, does that mean we will have out friendslist back again?

TranceTrouble
22nd Nov 2014, 08:49
thanks Driber and Jason for your time and effort to make this merge :flowers:

TranceTrouble
22nd Nov 2014, 08:56
my signature image doesnt seem to show up, maybe due to postcount?

IvanaKC
22nd Nov 2014, 09:34

Yes, I thought it was just some mistake with my browser, but it still doesn't work. The second I close the forum page, I'm instantly logged out.

-Roli-
22nd Nov 2014, 09:57
The new forums looks and feels great, thank you so much Driber & Jason for your hard work! :thumbsup:

a_big_house
22nd Nov 2014, 11:46
Test 1

a_big_house
22nd Nov 2014, 11:46
Test 2

Driber
22nd Nov 2014, 11:55

Driber
22nd Nov 2014, 11:55

larafan25
22nd Nov 2014, 17:05
This place is weird. But it has refreshed my existence. I feel like I'm in an RPG and like... we've come to a new village. yas.

edit: Wait. I think I ****ed up.

CakeLuv
22nd Nov 2014, 18:03
This place is weird. But it has refreshed my existence. I feel like I'm in an RPG and like... we've come to a new village. yas.

I feel the same and I'm scared

Rai
22nd Nov 2014, 18:09
You'll both feel better once our accounts are synced and the forum has the TR skins again :)

Weemanply109
22nd Nov 2014, 18:23

Nice analogy of the situation. :lol:

larafan25
22nd Nov 2014, 18:26
K. I got randomly signed out, so now I have been redirected to a new tab and have to re-pin the tab. This better not happen all the time, I keep my forums open like... hmmm. whevz.

So. Like. This is VB4? Does it not have profile messages/ visitor messages?

CakeLuv
22nd Nov 2014, 18:32
So. Like. This is VB4? Does it not have profile messages/ visitor messages?

I just left u one

AdobeArtist
22nd Nov 2014, 18:35

Yeah, having tom start over again, it's like I'm booted back to level 1 and lost all my skill tree points, lol. I feel naked without my armor :p:naughty:

And speaking of RPG's, who here is playing Dragon Age Inquisition? I'm going with a female Elf archer to start, and then will replay as a male Qunari mage, followed by a female Human warrior. My future play through's (race and class) I'll figure out later on.

larafan25
22nd Nov 2014, 18:40
I just left u one

IDK how to reply to it tho

CakeLuv
22nd Nov 2014, 18:45
IDK how to reply to it tho

Check twitter then.

dark7angel
22nd Nov 2014, 19:19
Yes, I thought it was just some mistake with my browser, but it still doesn't work. The second I close the forum page, I'm instantly logged out.

Same with me!

Rai
22nd Nov 2014, 20:50
It's like, when you can't chose the name you want, so you have to add some random numbers, it didn't feel right, and CakeLuv's was my PSN for years, so I just feel a bit attached

I do understand where you're coming from. I went from Rai004 on Eidos to just Rai because I hated having numbers after my name (with permission, I hasten to add :p). Now I have dashes instead as I'd rather that than not being Rai at all. Ah, so you're used to your new nickname as you've used it elsewhere. That makes sense. I still wonder how you came about having a name like that when you dislike cakes. It would be like me choosing SproutsRNice as a nickname, it just wouldn't sit well with me :p

AdobeArtist
23rd Nov 2014, 16:24

I see I'm not the only one. For that matter, if that tab is left idle for several minutes and I reload the page to see any updates, I have to log back in. But at least in that case I don't have to enter my password again. Must be a temp memory to know my account was recently active.

Metalrocks
24th Nov 2014, 01:29
ah, good to see im also not the only one who has this issue. hope this "remember me" option will work later once everything is finished here.

Driber
24th Nov 2014, 15:36
Soft-announcement: we've started synching accounts. Info on how to get your account synched here - http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=155845

Global forum announcement coming later today.

Hey Driber, here's 5 pots of coffee and 3 boxes of donuts. I have a feeling you'll need it :p

Indeed, each account at a time.

lol, thanks. Gonna need it...

http://driber.net/os/traumatised.gif

since you guys do everything manually, does that mean we will have out friendslist back again?

Alas, the import software doesn't support friend lists :(

We will all just have to get busy re-adding each other again!

Tecstar70
24th Nov 2014, 15:46
Thanks Driber! (for everything!|) :thumb:

jaywalker2309
24th Nov 2014, 16:04
Soft-announcement: we've started synching accounts. Info on how to get your account synched here - http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=155845

Global forum announcement coming later today.

Indeed, each account at a time.

lol, thanks. Gonna need it...

http://driber.net/os/traumatised.gif

Alas, the import software doesn't support friend lists :(

We will all just have to get busy re-adding each other again!

Do i get donuts too? :)

Metalrocks
24th Nov 2014, 16:06
what a shame. well, its a small thing. you guys did more then enough for us like that we can keep our status. especially since in a few months i will be a protagonist :)

Driber
24th Nov 2014, 16:14
Do i get donuts too? :)

Yes, with lots of icing!

AdobeArtist
24th Nov 2014, 16:38

Done :cool:

Of, if there's an issue with how my name should appear between my two accounts, I'd prefer to go with this one here :) :wave:

Driber
24th Nov 2014, 16:50
dark7angel and AdobeArtist synched :)

dark7angel
24th Nov 2014, 17:39
Nice! Thanks Driber!!! :cool:

TranceTrouble
24th Nov 2014, 18:39
humpy dumpy sat on a chair

a_big_house
24th Nov 2014, 21:15
test

a_big_house
24th Nov 2014, 21:15

a_big_house
24th Nov 2014, 21:16

a_big_house
24th Nov 2014, 21:17
jjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Driber
24th Nov 2014, 21:23
get me, abh ;)

a_big_house
24th Nov 2014, 21:25
You got got :D

TranceTrouble
24th Nov 2014, 21:47
teteetststetete e t:eek::eek:

Treeble
24th Nov 2014, 23:13
Just trying the mobile ver to make sure I can attend Scot's Q&A tomorrow.

AdobeArtist
25th Nov 2014, 00:23
dark7angel and AdobeArtist synched :)

Ohhhhhh yes, I have finally regenerated! :D

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2808639/10th-doctor-regeneration-o.gif

WinterSoldierLTE
25th Nov 2014, 01:02
Do we need to refrain from posting while you all are syncing our profiles up, or even remain off the forums for a short time altogether?

Metalrocks
25th Nov 2014, 01:12
i guess you start from the "protagonist/hero" status first and work your way down. unless i did something wrong with the linking.

Metalrocks
25th Nov 2014, 01:22
i dont know if its me, but when i want to try to befriend people here, i dont see the "add to contacts" anymore.

Driber
25th Nov 2014, 13:00
Accounts synched so far:

Driber
The Hylden
TranceTrouble
MeaganMarie
a big house
dark7angel
AdobeArtist
@m
Raina Audron
Bazielim
Acid Burn
lucinvampire
MasterTaffer
jaycw2309
Treeble
Danielsun
Ashpolt
Metalrocks
Tecstar70
Roli
onetruekeeper
icetea
pidipidi39
Eros
The Zoo Boy
Murphdawg1
JBG
SuiKaze
Farron
Blu

Note: Some accounts will still say "registered member" or "new player" for a while. This will update automatically within a few hours from synching. Also, it may take a few days until your imported posts are searchable via the forum's search engine. But you can already access (i.e. edit or delete) them when manually navigating to them :)

Do we need to refrain from posting while you all are syncing our profiles up, or even remain off the forums for a short time altogether?

Not at all!

pidipidi39
25th Nov 2014, 14:11
Dankyu Driber! :D

Driber
25th Nov 2014, 14:31
Dankyu Driber! :D

Jason did your account, not me ;)

Metalrocks
25th Nov 2014, 14:47
thank you guys. good to see my old count again and hopefully my status. :thumb:

pidipidi39
25th Nov 2014, 14:49
Jason did your account, not me ;)
Ops, sorry. Didn't know.

Thanks Jay. :D

(but anyways, thanks to both of you for doing this for us).

Driber
25th Nov 2014, 16:27
i dont know if its me, but when i want to try to befriend people here, i dont see the "add to contacts" anymore.

Try now.

AdobeArtist
25th Nov 2014, 16:38
Just want to test out if Dribers image thumbnailer works here.

width='500'

Driber
25th Nov 2014, 16:57
Ah, well, you're welcome then :D

---

Just synched chriss99, Error96 and Ivana KC :)

IvanaKC
25th Nov 2014, 17:20
That post count :D

It's nice not to be a newbie anymore. Well, at least it will be when my Hero status appears again. :)

Thank you, Driber!

Weemanply109
25th Nov 2014, 18:05
Can anyone confirm if our Visitor messages will be transferred to our new profiles?

Just want to test out if Dribers image thumbnailer works here.

width='500'

Great picture to test with. ;)

CakeLuv
25th Nov 2014, 19:34
Thank you jaycw2309!

I am the amazing name changer :cool:

Treeble
25th Nov 2014, 19:40
Thanks for the hard work guys. :worship:

Rai
25th Nov 2014, 19:54
I feel such a rebel with 'two' accounts atm :rasp:. It feels weird :p.

Weemanply109
25th Nov 2014, 19:56
Is there support for migration of Visitor Messages? :o

Driber
25th Nov 2014, 22:56
^ I'm afraid not :(

MasterTaffer
25th Nov 2014, 23:12
One at a time? The horror...

Weemanply109
26th Nov 2014, 00:16
^ I'm afraid not :(

aww. :'(

Driber
26th Nov 2014, 00:17
I feel such a rebel with 'two' accounts atm :rasp:. It feels weird :p.

I'm afraid the party is over :p

And that 'missing' PM should be visible now ;)

Rai
26th Nov 2014, 02:05
I'm afraid the party is over :p

And that 'missing' PM should be visible now ;)

It was fun while it lasted :p. But it feels great to be 'back' again, so to speak. Thank you :flowers:

Saw it ;).

Metalrocks
26th Nov 2014, 04:15
Try now.

now its there. thanks :)
i guess you guys still have to do some fine tuning until everything works properly.

@adobe
coulndt have chosen a better pic. :thumb:
but good thing you bring it up. because i dont have the link anymore and i dont see it anywhere in the advanced section.

Driber
26th Nov 2014, 08:34
now its there. thanks :)
i guess you guys still have to do some fine tuning until everything works properly.

Yeah the migration is a WIP. Still fine tuning. We don't even have our staff badges yet, heh.

And you don't wanna know how much behind-the-scenes work already went into setting up the new boards during the past year :/

@adobe
coulndt have chosen a better pic. :thumbsup:
but good thing you bring it up. because i dont have the link anymore and i dont see it anywhere in the advanced section.

It is in the advanced editor :)

http://i.imgur.com/BpCjmG9.png

Metalrocks
26th Nov 2014, 14:08
It is in the advanced editor :)

i did see that, but what if i want to use a pic from my computer?

a_big_house
26th Nov 2014, 14:14
i did see that, but what if i want to use a pic from my computer?

Use this (http://paulrouget.com/miniuploader/) it's quick and recommended by Driber :lol:

Driber
26th Nov 2014, 14:20
Ahh so you were talking about UPLOADING an image, not THUMBING an image, as AA and I were talking about.

Yeah, use the tool ABH linked to. It's super easy!

Metalrocks
26th Nov 2014, 14:21
Use this (http://paulrouget.com/miniuploader/) it's quick and recommended by Driber :lol:

lol. thanks. that will. usually driber had his own link that worked for the older forum.

d1n0_xD
26th Nov 2014, 15:04
So, this is a thread for testing the syncing? I posted my profile on that one page, don't know when it will be finished xD

Edit: it seems my posts are here, but there's a gamer status xD also, I presume I'll have to add the avatar and sig manually ? :D

a_big_house
26th Nov 2014, 15:06
^ You're done dude, look at your post count :D

EDIT: Yes, you'll have to do the sig and avatar yourself :)

Chocolate_shake
26th Nov 2014, 15:07
testing .

Big thanks to Mr Jason Walker for synching my account

Driber
26th Nov 2014, 15:13
Sure, feel free to use this thread for any testing purposes.

And your user group is being automatically updated, Dino. It'll just take some hours as the forum software promotes you from one group to the next until it comes to the one you had on EF.

And indeed, sig and avatars will have to be re-added. You can log in on EF to simply copy&paste it from there :)

Metalrocks
26th Nov 2014, 15:39
so when can we expect the dark theme background to be ready? like to use my green.
or maybe i use this green for the time being.

test test

ah there. this looks so much better now :D

IvanaKC
26th Nov 2014, 16:38
Is there any way that when I click on an emoticon, I see its code while I'm writing? It used to be that way on EF.

Test test

I disabled smilies. :)

Aaaaand now to end this with an image testing.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/204/6/d/aod_by_moebius_by_james__c-d589yth.png

How am I supposed to make the image smaller?

a_big_house
26th Nov 2014, 16:43
Is there any way that when I click on an emoticon, I see its code while I'm writing? It used to be that way on EF.

How am I supposed to make the image smaller?

Hover your mouse over the smiley and the code will pop up, also use thumb instead of img?

AdobeArtist
26th Nov 2014, 18:02
ah there. this looks so much better now :D

Is that for the text color, or do you have access to dark themes also?

d1n0_xD
26th Nov 2014, 18:11
I'm all good, thank you very much, Driber :D

IvanaKC
26th Nov 2014, 19:28
Hover your mouse over the smiley and the code will pop up, also use thumb instead of img?

This one :lol: shows only LOL when I hover over it. Its code is still : lol : . I know that from before, but how do I see now what is the code for any emoticon? I don't know how to explain it differently. :/ Oh well, times change, it's not a big deal.

And now for that image part, I've never used the thumb option before.

OK, so it's working. :D

a_big_house
26th Nov 2014, 19:43
This one :lol: shows only LOL when I hover over it. Its code is still : lol : . I know that from before, but how do I see now what is the code for any emoticon? I don't know how to explain it differently. :/ Oh well, times change, it's not a big deal.

That's odd, they all show up as code for me and no, I get what you mean, this on EF (http://forums.eidosgames.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001) and this on SEF (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001).

It's located here (advanced reply)shhhh, I can't fill this space with spaces, hehehehehehehe\/

Or hit the more button in the smiley selection box, in quick reply :)

Driber
26th Nov 2014, 21:20
You can also try turning off the WYSIWYG editor in your profile settings, Ivana. That way you'll only see BB code when you're writing a post.

And regarding thumbing images - you might also find this tool (http://driber.net/os/forumthumb.php) useful :)

Driber
26th Nov 2014, 22:44
Merged the test thread and the 'our new home!' thread together.

Feel free to use this thread to try out your account, the new forum features, etc.

IvanaKC
27th Nov 2014, 00:02
Thank you for your help, guys. Truly, turning off the full editor helped. :)

Oh, and did I not notice them on EF or do we have some new emoticons? :tongue2::friends::cheek::gamer:

Valenka
27th Nov 2014, 00:13
So glad to see the forums back. I miss the old forums, but I'll get used to the change. :)
Can't figure out how the hell to add a signature image without using thumb tags though! :(

Metalrocks
27th Nov 2014, 01:01
Is that for the text color, or do you have access to dark themes also?

the text colour. i wish i had access to the dark theme background.

Icetea555
27th Nov 2014, 03:25
It is going to take some time to get use to this new form. I will read up on how to use this form latter when I have time.

AdobeArtist
27th Nov 2014, 05:38
I will say, I do like the look of the quote boxes here. Just need to see how that translates in a dark theme *elbows Driber* :poke:

Driber
27th Nov 2014, 09:39
Heh, more skins coming soon, guys. I have them almost finished. So probably still this week. If not, definitely next week!

Thank you for your help, guys. Truly, turning off the full editor helped. http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/smilies/smile.png

Oh, and did I not notice them on EF or do we have some new emoticons? http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/smilies/newwer.gifhttp://forums.eidosgames.com/images/smilies/smyl_amis.gifhttp://forums.eidosgames.com/images/smilies/tibisou.gifhttp://forums.eidosgames.com/images/smilies/arcadefreak.gif

Glad to hear it's sorted :)

Those smilies were already on EF. We're having the exact same set here as we did there.

So glad to see the forums back. I miss the old forums, but I'll get used to the change. :)
Can't figure out how the hell to add a signature image without using thumb tags though! :(

On the 'edit signature' page in your settings there should be a link "CLICK HERE to upload a sig image" just above the sig rules graphic.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

Or you can simply copy&paste your sig code from your EF profile. You can still log in on the old forums for now.

AdobeArtist
27th Nov 2014, 12:15
I see you finally got yourself a new siggie Driber :wave:

Driber
28th Nov 2014, 01:01
Heh, not really. I've had that one for over 2 years now.

Just not on EF :whistle:

http://forums.sleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3104

IvanaKC
28th Nov 2014, 12:22
I miss the 'Ew' sig, Driber. It always kept me updated about all the holidays :p

Driber
28th Nov 2014, 15:51
How's this? :D

Metalrocks
28th Nov 2014, 16:45
much better driber :thumb:

IvanaKC
28th Nov 2014, 17:10
How's this? :D

Excellent and I love it! :D

Driber
28th Nov 2014, 23:56
4 new(ish) forum skins are available!

I've ported over both light and dark versions of the TR9 and TR10 skin from Eidos Forums.

width='800'

New features!

- No more hyperlink underlines in most areas, giving the forum a more modern and clean look. Link underlines still show in inside posts, to keep links recognizable and setting them apart from regular text.

- When quoting someone else's post containing an image, the image inside the quote is automatically thumbed to a small image of 150 pixels wide.

To use the skins, select them from the Quick Style Chooser at the bottom of the page...

width='400'

...or go into your forum settings page (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/profile.php?do=editoptions) to set a skin as your preferred skin permanently.

width='400'

Enjoy! :)

Metalrocks
29th Nov 2014, 00:36
YEAH. dark skin. whoohoo. :D so, so so, sooooo much better now. now i feel like home. :thumb:

Driber
29th Nov 2014, 00:42
Heh, good to hear.

And please, keep using that kind of green, Rowan. That one we don't have to filter out on the light skins :D

---

Added a poll to this thread. Interested to hear which skin you guys like best of the entire current set :)

a_big_house
29th Nov 2014, 00:44
TR10 Dark for me! :D

Driber
29th Nov 2014, 00:47
Your sig (http://pic.driber.net/up/2014/pmswnt_Sig.png) look gorgeous on the dark skin, ABH! :thumb:

Weemanply109
29th Nov 2014, 00:54
Finally! :whistle: :p

I love these skins. All of them are great, but TR10 light/dark are amazing. I used light on EF so I'm gonna dark here (which looks surprisingly more amazing than I remembered it to be).

Your sig (http://pic.driber.net/up/2014/pmswnt_Sig.png) look gorgeous on the dark skin, ABH! :thumb:

I was thinking the same thing. Likewise with yours, Driber. Good signatures that stand out. ;)

a_big_house
29th Nov 2014, 01:03

I know right! :D

Driber
29th Nov 2014, 01:28
I haven't tested the dark skins as extensively as the light ones, so there may be still some color inconsistencies here and there that I may have overlooked. If you happen to find any, please post screenshots and I'll patch it up, guys :)

AdobeArtist
29th Nov 2014, 04:23
Praise be The Driber, who hath deliver unto us, the Dark Skins :D

Metalrocks
29th Nov 2014, 04:47
lol, ok, i will use this green. even the lime looks better on the dark but since i saw it how it looks like on a white background, i can see how hard it is to read.

obvious i voted for the TR10 dark skin. generally any dark theme will do good. makes also signatures and other stuff stick out more than with white.

but maybe one change can be done.
when writing posts, the background is dark. i think its better when its white.

WinterSoldierLTE
29th Nov 2014, 06:46
Thanks for bringing the dark skins over. That white hurt my eyes. TR9 dark for me. I just like it for some reason. Since we're on the subject of skins though, what are the chances of getting some for some of the older games?

IvanaKC
29th Nov 2014, 09:14
Behold, people, we have dark skins!
Oh, am I late for the party already? :p

Thank you, Driber! It feels good not to have my eyes shocked every time I come to the forum.

lol, ok, i will use this green. even the lime looks better on the dark but since i saw it how it looks like on a white background, i can see how hard it is to read.

obvious i voted for the TR10 dark skin. generally any dark theme will do good. makes also signatures and other stuff stick out more than with white.

but maybe one change can be done.
when writing posts, the background is dark. i think its better when its white.

I voted for TR10 dark, too. However, I like the fact that the background is dark while I'm writing, I wouldn't want to change it.

Rai
29th Nov 2014, 13:05
Oh there you are TR10 dark Skin. I missed this skin, so much easier on the eyes :p. Thank you Driber :D

Treeble
29th Nov 2014, 14:40
I can't stand the dark skins lol, I guess I'm too old to read bright fonts on dark backgrounds. D: I'm sticking to TR9 Light for now.

(Also, I almost freaked when I was stuck with the Nosgoth skin and the quickstyle selector at the bottom wasn't showing up, thanks Driber for showing the link to the page in the user panel to change it! lol)

Metalrocks
29th Nov 2014, 15:14
I voted for TR10 dark, too. However, I like the fact that the background is dark while I'm writing, I wouldn't want to change it.

lol. dont know. it just gives me the impression that i miss it because of the colour. i guess i have to get used to it.

dark7angel
29th Nov 2014, 17:54
YES!!!! Thank you, Driber!!!

TR10 Dark skin for me!!! :D

a_big_house
30th Nov 2014, 12:10
@Driber
The redirect button is white if you log in with the dark skin, not sure if you wanted to change it?

Driber
2nd Dec 2014, 10:51
Is anyone having issues with the spoiler tags in any of the new skins?

The button should say "click to show spoiler". And "click to hide spoiler" once clicked.

test 1 2 3

Rai
2nd Dec 2014, 12:04
When I click on the spoiler button , it still says "click to show spoiler". I'm using Tomb Raider 10 Dark skin.

Driber
2nd Dec 2014, 12:25
When I click on the spoiler button , it still says "click to show spoiler". I'm using Tomb Raider 10 Dark skin.

Are you using Chrome by any chance?

AdobeArtist
2nd Dec 2014, 13:04
Spoiler button works fine for me and yes, I'm on the dark skin.

Rai
2nd Dec 2014, 13:29
Are you using Chrome by any chance?

Yeah, would that make a difference then? I'm not sure I was clear before though. I can still read the spoiler, it's only the wording on the button that remains the same. I wouldn't have noticed had you not asked, tbh :p.

Metalrocks
2nd Dec 2014, 13:45
use dark skin, firefox and it works fine.
the only thing that is still not working is remembering the log in details. always have to sign in and click the path again to enter this forum.

dark7angel
2nd Dec 2014, 14:24
Same thing that's happening to Rai is happening to me. I'm also using Chrome and the TR10 Dark skin.

Driber
2nd Dec 2014, 14:50
Hmm, I'm guessing it's a Chrome thing then :/

the only thing that is still not working is remembering the log in details. always have to sign in and click the path again to enter this forum.

When you sign in, do you tick the "remember me" box?

AdobeArtist
2nd Dec 2014, 15:11

I do check that box. And I have to again and again each and every time I load the page each new day I turn on my computer :rolleyes:

a_big_house
2nd Dec 2014, 15:30
So...
Chrome - Broken spoiler button
Firefox - Broken 'remember me' function
:D

dark7angel
2nd Dec 2014, 15:31
I do check that box. And I have to again and again each and every time I load the page each new day I turn on my computer :rolleyes:

This happens to me as well. :/

IvanaKC
2nd Dec 2014, 15:34
So, why is The Humble Abode thread closed? Are we getting a new one?

Metalrocks
2nd Dec 2014, 15:41

what adobe said.
also, after some time not being active, even when i dont close down firefox, i have to log in again. just like now to write this.

AdobeArtist
2nd Dec 2014, 15:59
So, why is The Humble Abode thread closed? Are we getting a new one?

I was wondering that too :confused:

Driber
2nd Dec 2014, 16:09
Was testing some skin stuff. HA open again :)

---

So when you guys tick the "remember me" box, and fill in your log in information, and then the next time you have to log in, do you just click the "log in" link and it automatically logs you in, or you do actually have to fill in your email and password every day?

Metalrocks
2nd Dec 2014, 16:18

---

So when you guys tick the "remember me" box, and fill in your log in information, and then the next time you have to log in, do you just click the "log in" link and it automatically logs you in, or you do actually have to fill in your email and password every day?

no, dont have to enter the email and all that. its all there. just that it should stay logged in. thats how it was with the older forum.

dark7angel
2nd Dec 2014, 17:38

---

The first time I visit the forum each day, I have to fill in the email and password. The following visits within the same day, I just have to click the log in link and it automatically logs in.

Weemanply109
2nd Dec 2014, 21:38
I'm using chrome and I have no issues whatsoever with these forums (yet). Maybe the people having issues with the forums should try disabling certain extensions/plugins to try and see if there's a particular culprit causing the issue.

IvanaKC
2nd Dec 2014, 21:43
The first time I visit the forum each day, I have to fill in the email and password. The following visits within the same day, I just have to click the log in link and it automatically logs in.

Same here.

Error96_
2nd Dec 2014, 22:16
This skin is so much easier to read than the main SE skin and feels like the one we had before. I like that on some of the pages there is a banner that has a classic Lara on which I really like.

IvanaKC
3rd Dec 2014, 21:19
Oh look, my skin is wishing me happy holidays! It's impossible not to get into festive mood now! :D

Driber
3rd Dec 2014, 21:22
Yup, it's that time of year again, heh.

As tradition, we decorated the forums with a seasonal theme and a few festive santa hat smilies :) ;) :D

Enjoy!

Now.... where are those xmas sigs and avatars, guys? :whistle:

a_big_house
3rd Dec 2014, 21:25
Xmas sig on the way :D
Also, guys, I recommend switching to the TR9 Dark skin (if you're not already using it) it's even more festive looking! :D

Driber
3rd Dec 2014, 21:29
Heh, agreed.

As much as I myself am strictly a light forum skin guy, I do prefer the dark one for xmas. The dark theme does work much better to create that cosy xmas feeling than the light skins. And the TR9 one in particular works best, because of the red colors instead of the TR10 blue, as you pointed out :)

So, for this month only I am joining you guys on the dark side :D

IvanaKC
3rd Dec 2014, 21:34
Ha-ha, Driber! Once you go 'black', you never go back! Trust me, your eyes will be so grateful for switching to the dark side that you'll never want to change your skin again. :p

Btw, your sig is awesome, I did not doubt for a second that you'll switch to holidays sig soon. :D

a_big_house
3rd Dec 2014, 21:53
Ignore the awful snow effect, but there, Xmas sig done! :D

WinterSoldierLTE
4th Dec 2014, 00:21

It's random for me. Sometimes it'll automatically log me back in after clicking "Log in", but more times than not I'll have to re-enter e-mail and password. This is during 1 day, when I've logged in and read some stuff, left to visit YouTube or whatever and then come back, never having closed my internet or disabled it then re-connected.

And yes, I have to re-enter my e-mail and password everyday, whereas on the old forums I did not. The old ones kept me logged in for so long I actually forgot my password a couple of times and had to struggle to remember it when it very rarely did not remember me.

d1n0_xD
4th Dec 2014, 00:27
I don't have to re-enter the e-mail and password, but I do like always being logged in, as in just going to the forums and it's already logged in since I never manually logged out like it used to be on the old forums.

Metalrocks
4th Dec 2014, 00:55
nice skin. wish there would be some snow in hong kong. today they say its really cold. only 10C. thats not cold. thats autumn temperature.

yes driber, once you are on the dark side there is no way out. is more powerful then you can imagine.

Weemanply109
4th Dec 2014, 02:18
I love the snowflakes on the dark/light skins. Especially on the dark with the red background. I love when forums need to remind me that Christmas is around the corner. :lol: It keeps me in check. :p

Metalrocks
4th Dec 2014, 02:29
I love the snowflakes on the dark/light skins. Especially on the dark with the red background. I love when forums need to remind me that Christmas is around the corner. :lol: It keeps me in check. :p

didnt know a forum is needed to know if its easter or xmas. :lol:
but shows again how fast times goes.

WinterSoldierLTE
4th Dec 2014, 10:43
The skin in the Member's Lounge area stays vb3 custom no matter what skin style I select from the skin chooser box in the very bottom left.

Driber
4th Dec 2014, 11:14
Ha-ha, Driber! Once you go 'black', you never go back! Trust me, your eyes will be so grateful for switching to the dark side that you'll never want to change your skin again. :p

Wanna bet? :p :D

Btw, your sig is awesome, I did not doubt for a second that you'll switch to holidays sig soon. :D

Ignore the awful snow effect, but there, Xmas sig done! :D

Looking good :thumb:

nice skin. wish there would be some snow in hong kong. today they say its really cold. only 10C. thats not cold. thats autumn temperature.

yes driber, once you are on the dark side there is no way out. is more powerful then you can imagine.

We just had the first snow of the year a couple of days ago. And all plants and trees were covered in a thick coating of ice. Didn't last long, unfortunately; it's all melted again :(

lol, well... we'll see :p

The skin in the Member's Lounge area stays vb3 custom no matter what skin style I select from the skin chooser box in the very bottom left.

That is intentional :)

Metalrocks
4th Dec 2014, 13:31
We just had the first snow of the year a couple of days ago. And all plants and trees were covered in a thick coating of ice. Didn't last long, unfortunately; it's all melted again :(

lol, well... we'll see :p

yeah, thats always a shame when this happens. had it plenty of times in switzerland as well. worse is when its this wet snow.

Driber
4th Dec 2014, 13:48
I know what you mean. This is what I hate the most...

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/1/4/1262608607243/Street-cleaners-use-shove-001.jpg

Blegh.

Metalrocks
4th Dec 2014, 13:53

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/1/4/1262608607243/Street-cleaners-use-shove-001.jpg

Blegh.

as much as i miss switzerland and snow. this is something i sure dont miss. even when riding on a bicycle this type of snow makes it really hard to ride. either its hard to move or you slip.

AdobeArtist
4th Dec 2014, 16:38

Blegh.

We get so much of that in Toronto. I've been petitioning to make snow illegal in Canada :p

NSW_pride
5th Dec 2014, 01:04
I'm using the Tomb Raider 10 Dark skin.

Metalrocks
5th Dec 2014, 01:25
We get so much of that in Toronto. I've been petitioning to make snow illegal in Canada :p

ha. you have to bring back a memory of my last place i have lived in. there was a factory with a big chimney (which was good because of it, the village had the lowest tax in the state. when ever winter came, the place was always covered in snow. wile surrounding towns/villages had nothing or just a bit. this factory belonged to a politician named blocher. so of course people called it "blochers schneekanone" (blochers snow canon). :lol:

AdobeArtist
8th Dec 2014, 04:09
Has anybody else received an email, apparently from SquareEnix, indicating that their accounts have been locked because of an excessive amount of unsuccessful sign in attempts? The message has a link to click on how to unlock. I wonder if this is a fishing email, as with this very post, I seem to have no problems that would incicate my account is "locked" :hmm:

Metalrocks
8th Dec 2014, 04:31
Has anybody else received an email, apparently from SquareEnix, indicating that their accounts have been locked because of an excessive amount of unsuccessful sign in attempts? The message has a link to click on how to unlock. I wonder if this is a fishing email, as with this very post, I seem to have no problems that would incicate my account is "locked" :hmm:

just checked my email. even my spam folder.
NOTHING. so it has to be something fishy there.

Driber
8th Dec 2014, 08:55

Can you send that email as an attachment to an email to me? I can check if it's legit or not.

just checked my email. even my spam folder.
NOTHING. so it has to be something fishy there.

I don't see how you not receiving the same message confirms or denies the "fishiness" of AA's email.

Metalrocks
8th Dec 2014, 15:12
Can you send that email as an attachment to an email to me? I can check if it's legit or not.

I don't see how you not receiving the same message confirms or denies the "fishiness" of AA's email.

because if it would be legit, then we all would have gotten it, including you. and if there a issue with logging in, im sure you or a other mod, would have addressed us about it. if AA is the only one getting this email, then it is a bit fishy. because no one else here mentioned it either....yet.

Driber
8th Dec 2014, 16:15
because if it would be legit, then we all would have gotten it, including you.

No, not unless all members have been logging in "excessively" recently, which is very unlikely.

and if there a issue with logging in, im sure you or a other mod, would have addressed us about it.

We don't log in the same way you do.

if AA is the only one getting this email, then it is a bit fishy.

Not if it's merely a glitch in the system.

because no one else here mentioned it either....yet.

See above.

a_big_house
8th Dec 2014, 18:07
The only time I ever got that email was shortly after my account was merged and I was having some issues with my password not updating after I had changed it

Driber
8th Dec 2014, 19:18
Another skin to choose from! I've ported over the LCTOO skin from EF:

width=600

To set skins, select them from the Quick Style Chooser at the bottom of the page...

width='400'

width='400'

Enjoy! :)

Weemanply109
8th Dec 2014, 23:03
ASSSSSFDSUJagfasgf YASSS DRIVER (:p) you deserve all the love in the world for bringing us skins!

I may... be getting a bit picky, but I really miss the old TRU and LCGOL skins. Is it possible to bring these back for when someone's in a retro mood? :p

Driber
9th Dec 2014, 00:54
Not planning to do other skins any time soon. I'm busy as hell these days, heh. The current set is it for now :)

Metalrocks
9th Dec 2014, 15:24
No, not unless all members have been logging in "excessively" recently, which is very unlikely.

We don't log in the same way you do.

Not if it's merely a glitch in the system.

See above.

i see. thanks for the clarification. thought you guys sign in the same way as we do.

TranceTrouble
9th Dec 2014, 20:44
nice skins Driber good job, what is the difference between TR9-light and TR10-light? my pc doesnt show any?

a_big_house
9th Dec 2014, 20:47
nice skins Driber good job, what is the difference between TR9-light and TR10-light? my pc doesnt show any?

Without the Xmas theme, the banners would be different :)

TranceTrouble
9th Dec 2014, 21:17
ahh that explains alot thx ABH,
hmm now i need to find my holiday themed sig back...

Driber
17th Dec 2014, 22:11
I'm assuming most of you are familiar with my image uploader. Well, I've made some changes to it, and misc images (i.e. anything other than photos for the members photo thread (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=23430) and competition image uploads) are now using imgur as a host. I've touched up the interface of my uploader and it's now even easier to use, and shows a preview of how the different BB codes will look on the forum, and -- my personal favorite -- it supports dragging&dropping images from your computer :)

Let me know if it's working okay for you guys. I'll put up the dedicated upload button again inside the forum post editor (like we had back on Eidos Forums) if all checks out.

http://pic.driber.net/up (choose "other")

Driber
18th Dec 2014, 23:39
Thanks to the ever awesome Photoshopping skillz of forum member FearEffect, the LCTOO forum section just got a cool new banner!

The skin is also available to choose from in any other TR forum section :)

Metalrocks
19th Dec 2014, 01:32
its not working for me. it says its uploading but nothing happens. no loading. just idling there.

also staying logged in still doesnt work. i can click on "remember me" as much as i want, in the end i still have to log in again.

Driber
19th Dec 2014, 01:51
its not working for me. it says its uploading but nothing happens. no loading. just idling there.

Yeah we already established that imgur isn't working for you because your network seems to be blocking the site. If even the main site www.imgur.com isn't working for you, I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to help, either.

Metalrocks
19th Dec 2014, 04:04
Yeah we already established that imgur isn't working for you because your network seems to be blocking the site. If even the main site www.imgur.com isn't working for you, I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to help, either.

no, you misunderstood. i mean your uploader. its just idling after selecting a pic. it just keeps telling me its uploading but it doesnt. nothing happens. imgur gives me a error.

Danielsun_
19th Dec 2014, 15:15
Aaah awesome LCTOO skin, new favourite! :D

Driber
19th Dec 2014, 16:33
no, you misunderstood. i mean your uploader. its just idling after selecting a pic. it just keeps telling me its uploading but it doesnt. nothing happens. imgur gives me a error.

I understood you just fine. My point was that if imgur.com doesn't work for you, then my uploader won't work for you either, since it's using imgur.

Metalrocks
20th Dec 2014, 06:45
I understood you just fine. My point was that if imgur.com doesn't work for you, then my uploader won't work for you either, since it's using imgur.

i see now. so i guess i have to try to find some other uploader that doesnt require any registration. what did you use for the older forum that worked flawlessly for me?

WinterSoldierLTE
20th Dec 2014, 10:41
i see now. so i guess i have to try to find some other uploader that doesnt require any registration. what did you use for the older forum that worked flawlessly for me?

Have you tried Photobucket?

Driber
20th Dec 2014, 11:08
You can also try http://tinypic.com/

Metalrocks
20th Dec 2014, 13:47
http://i62.tinypic.com/359lp8x.jpg

test!!!

edit. well, this looks like it work. thanks driber. :)

test 2

http://i60.tinypic.com/2qjy9nb.jpg

so if i choose "thumbnail", then no one can see it in full size when they click on it.
my first try was default.

Driber
20th Dec 2014, 15:55
You can use this (http://driber.net/os/forumthumb) to make tiny clickable thumbs out of big images :)

width='200'

Metalrocks
20th Dec 2014, 16:42
You can use this (http://driber.net/os/forumthumb) to make tiny clickable thumbs out of big images :)

width='200'

ok, thanks. annoying that i have to do it this way but i guess i have no other option.

Shaikh
21st Dec 2014, 15:57
The new forum is nice. My PM was 99% full on Eidos board. Now it's not. :D

Weemanply109
21st Dec 2014, 23:21
I just noticed that whilst I was posting in the XB1 & PS4 thread that the information table I copied from a wiki page actually posted in it's source format (and properly). That's such a nifty feature. :D I love this new forum. <3

AdobeArtist
22nd Dec 2014, 00:45
The new forum is nice. My PM was 99% full on Eidos board. Now it's not. :D

I just noticed that whilst I was posting in the XB1 & PS4 thread that the information table I copied from a wiki page actually posted in it's source format (and properly). That's such a nifty feature. :D I love this new forum. <3

We have traversed the parted Red Sea and arrived in the Promised Land :D

a_big_house
22nd Dec 2014, 00:50

I don't know... I kinda like Egypt... :D

IvanaKC
22nd Dec 2014, 00:51

All hail Driber the Moses!
Looks like someone watched Exodus. :p

AdobeArtist
22nd Dec 2014, 01:03

Actually still have to see that, but saw the classic Ten Commandments plenty of times. But really now, who doesn't know the story and how those events unfold? ;) :whistle:

a_big_house
22nd Dec 2014, 01:04
I watched the Disney film when I was younger if that helps...

dark7angel
22nd Dec 2014, 13:42
I watched the Disney film when I was younger if that helps...

Pssst, it's not Disney's, it's Dreamworks'! ;)

a_big_house
22nd Dec 2014, 13:51
Oh... Same difference :lol:

IvanaKC
22nd Dec 2014, 15:00
Actually still have to see that, but saw the classic Ten Commandments plenty of times. But really now, who doesn't know the story and how those events unfold? ;) :whistle:

I've watched eeeeverything that has to do something with Moses (Ten Commandments, Prince of Egypt, Moses The Lawgiver...). I'm not going to watch Exodus,, though. I'm really tired of the story already.

Driber
23rd Dec 2014, 01:18
ok, thanks. annoying that i have to do it this way but i guess i have no other option.

Oh I'm sure you have plenty of other options. I've often seen members post clickable thumbnails that were created using free image upload websites. But yeah, it must be annoying to pay money to an ISP that blocks perfectly legitimate websites like imgur :mad:

Yup, vB4 natively supports table HTML code. It's awesome. And also *very* handy for easily setting up and editing threads that heavily use tables, like the official media threads :)

lol :D

Uhm.. the majority of the world, i.e. non-Christians? :p

Weemanply109
23rd Dec 2014, 01:21
It's sad that I'm looking forward to posting more HTML tables. :p This forum and it's affects on me. :nut:

Metalrocks
23rd Dec 2014, 01:58
Oh I'm sure you have plenty of other options. I've often seen members post clickable thumbnails that were created using free image upload websites. But yeah, it must be annoying to pay money to an ISP that blocks perfectly legitimate websites like imgur :mad:

never really bothered with this stuff since i never had to share anything on the net besides here, but we had at least the uploader in the older forum that did it for me.

Driber
23rd Dec 2014, 21:21
It's sad that I'm looking forward to posting more HTML tables. :p This forum and it's affects on me. :nut:

Well, it's official, you're a geek.

Welcome to the club :D

Weemanply109
24th Dec 2014, 14:38
Well, it's official, you're a geek.

Welcome to the club :D

Do I get a membership card to show off to my "virtual companions"? :D

Klona13
24th Dec 2014, 15:48
Hi, I don't know where to say this so I'll just say it here:
Every time I open the forum, it doesn't automatically log me in. I have to click on Login above then it sends me to another page to login then I have to find my way to this forum again and login in and it finally logs me in. Is there a way to fix that?

Driber
28th Dec 2014, 21:14
I've created a little tool to make my life easier, and figured I'd share it with you guys, as you may find it useful, too.

I'm using this to find the new URLs of threads from Eidos Forums that I still have bookmarked or in my browser history (I use Firefox' awesomebar quite often) so that I don't have to go through pages of forum indexes or trying to find the name of the thread using the forum search engine.

Just enter any EF thread or post URL and it'll automatically forward you to the new location here on SEF :)

Weemanply109
29th Dec 2014, 19:38

Just enter any EF thread or post URL and it'll automatically forward you to the new location here on SEF :)

Omfg! Yes! I've been wondering how that problem would be solved, but I'm glad you sorted it out. ;)

Rai
6th Jan 2015, 12:24
So, is there a reason that the different skins don't work in the Members Lounge? I don't go in there often, but I'm stuck with the default light skin when I visit. Just wondering. :)

Driber
6th Jan 2015, 20:29
Omfg! Yes! I've been wondering how that problem would be solved, but I'm glad you sorted it out. ;)

Glad you find it useful, heh.

I also added a link to the tool in the migration notice at the top of EF, so that it's easy to find :)

So, is there a reason that the different skins don't work in the Members Lounge? I don't go in there often, but I'm stuck with the default light skin when I visit. Just wondering. :)

Yes - several, actually :)

One reason is to show new members that we have more skins available than just the default SE skin (which I've heard not a single person yet say they like it, lol) and the members lounge being a "global" forum seemed like the best section to display the familiar EF-like vB3 skin. The second reason is so that these instructions (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=2044664&postcount=1) work no matter which skin a user may have set as their preferred skin, heh.

Driber
26th Jan 2015, 18:26
Here's something new that I'm sure most of you will find handy - I've added the THUMB, SPOILER and YOUTUBE BB codes to the Quick Reply editor interface so you no longer need to click Go Advanced to use those 3 frequently used BB codes :)

http://i.imgur.com/RAFuSHt.png

AdobeArtist
26th Jan 2015, 23:55
So it's been over a month, and I'm wondering everybody's still suffering the "remember me" bug.

WinterSoldierLTE
27th Jan 2015, 00:29
Here's something new that I'm sure most of you will find handy - I've added the THUMB, SPOILER and YOUTUBE BB codes to the Quick Reply editor interface so you no longer need to click Go Advanced to use those 3 frequently used BB codes :)

Yes! Very much appreciated! :thumb:

Treeble
27th Jan 2015, 01:05
So it's been over a month, and I'm wondering everybody's still suffering the "remember me" bug.

I am. Sometimes I even get a captcha to log in!

WinterSoldierLTE
27th Jan 2015, 01:21

Ah yeah, I am as well. And I also get the captcha now and then. Got it once yesterday shortly before the maintenance shutdown, and got it again today on my mobile.

Metalrocks
27th Jan 2015, 02:08

still have it. even when i leave the site open, after 10min or so i have to log in again.

IvanaKC
27th Jan 2015, 18:04

Yes. If I'm not active for 5 minutes or so, it logs me out.

dark7angel
27th Jan 2015, 19:34

Yep, still happening...

WinterSoldierLTE
28th Feb 2015, 13:00
The "Remember Me" option works again. I haven't had to use my login info in a few days now. Just click "Log in" and it automatically logs me in. Such a convenience, thank you!