PDA

View Full Version : Patience is a virtue - Thoughts on HR:DC Developer Commentary

vitlus_molten
14th Nov 2014, 15:18
I'm currently nearing the end of my play through of HR: DC with Developer Commentary enabled. I have to say that I really really like the comments, especially since I gained so much insight into DX:HR lore that I very much like :)

With that said, the main thing that stick out to me like a painful thorn was the fact that in almost all of the commentary the developers point out how much bigger and better the game was supposed to be, but because of time constraints many features / maps just could not make the cut :(

So my thoughts as a devoted Deus Ex fan are:

Please, please take your time making DX:Universe the best game you can, and give it the TLC we all know it deserves, I'm sure that it will pay off in the end :)

68_pie
14th Nov 2014, 15:33
With that said, the main thing that stick out to me like a painful thorn was the fact that in almost all of the commentary the developers point out how much bigger and better the game was supposed to be, but because of time constraints many features / maps just could not make the cut :(

Mmm 4 year dev cycles must be so tough.

CyberP
15th Nov 2014, 12:57
Mmm 4 year dev cycles must be so tough.

I love me some ice cold Pie in the morning.

FrankCSIS
15th Nov 2014, 15:03
I will say, I expected something else entirely from the thread title. Something about patience regarding the DC fixes...

The important part of the time they've got is putting it to good use. This is what your thoughts and wishes should be focused on ;)

CyberP
15th Nov 2014, 15:19
The important part of the time they've got is putting it to good use.

Yeah, by not bothering fixing the DC and focusing all efforts into making what could maybe possibly conceivably be the greatest game of all time, ignoring the subjectivity of this.
I don't expect it to happen, a true modern masterpiece that is, but I would be pleasantly surprised. Maybe even shed a tear too.

Shralla
15th Nov 2014, 19:49
Deux Ex Universe is not a game.

Goddamn, talk about the worst name for anything ever.