PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Founders Packs

Saikocat
10th Jul 2014, 14:33
Hey everyone!

Excuse the wordy update, but there's a lot of info to cover :)
You can check out this announcement on our blog here (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/changes-to-nosgoth-s-founders-packs), for potentially easier reading.

Since the launch of our Closed Beta, we have had a Founders Program in place for Nosgoth, allowing you to support the game early, gain instant access to the Closed Beta, and get your hands on some exclusive goodies. Today we're announcing a few changes to the Founders Program (http://www.nosgoth.com/webstore/founders_packs).

From July 22nd, the contents of our Founders Packs will be undergoing a few changes, and the prices are being adjusted in line with this. These changes make the Founders Packs more accessible than ever before, while still giving you the chance to get some exclusive extras that you won't find anywhere else. These changes will apply to the Veteran, Warlord, Warband and Immortal Packs, and are outlined below.

As a part of this restructure, we're also slimming down the number of packs to four, and will be ending the Human and Vampire Founders Packs on that date. They will no longer be available to purchase after July 22nd, so if you would like to get one of these packs, make sure you snap them up while you can! To give them a proper send-off, they have been discounted by 25% until that date (http://www.nosgoth.com/webstore/founders_packs).

If you already purchased a Human or Vampire Pack, these changes won't affect you, but mean they won't be available to anyone else to purchase, from July 22nd onwards. Any purchased content is unaffected. These changes will also affect the Founders Bundles, so it is a last chance to grab those Human and Vampire badges!

The revamped Founders Packs:

Here is a break down of the revamped contents of each Founders Pack. These changes will take place on July 22. Until that date, the previous contents and pricing will still apply. You can read the breakdown of those, on this previous blog - Nosgoth Founders Packs Are Live (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-founders-packs-are-live)

Veteran Pack
$4.99 / £2.99 / 3.65 €

Play Now
1,500 Gold
30-Day Major All Booster (+50% XP & Gold)
Veteran Badge

Warlord Pack
$12.99 / £7.99 / 9.50 €

Play Now
4,000 Gold
1 invite (w/250 Gold)
2 Silver War Chests
30 Day Epic All Booster (+100% XP & Gold)
Warlord Badge

Warband Pack
$19.99 / £12.99 / 14.60 €

Play Now
6,000 Gold
Warband Badge
2 invites (w/250 Gold)
2 Silver War Chest
2 Golden War Chest
Warband Name Reservation
Founder's 30-Day Booster (+100% XP & Gold, +25% Shared)

Immortal Pack
$49.99 / £29.99 / 36.50 €

Play Now
15,000 Gold
Immortal Badge
10 invites (w/250 Gold)
Warband Name Reservation
5 Silver War Chest
5 Golden War Chest
Immortal Founder's 30 Day Booster (+100% XP & Gold, +50% Shared)
Founder’s Reaver Skin
Founder’s Scout Bow
Founder’s Hunter Crossbow
Early Access to Sentinel Class
Early Access to Scout Class
6 Weapon Name Tags

Note, these packs will be revised on July 22nd. Until that date, purchases will be for the current versions (http://www.nosgoth.com/webstore/founders_packs) (with the previous prices), outlined in more detail on this previous blog (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-founders-packs-are-live).

Human and Vampire Founders Packs:

The following packs will no longer be available from July 22nd onwards, so grab them while you can, with a 25% discount!

Vampire Pack

Early Access
16,000 Rune Stones
Vampire Badge
4 invites
3 Silver War Chest
3 Gold War Chest
Minor Founder's Booster (+100% XP & Gold, +25% Shared)
Founder’s Reaver Skin
Early Access to Sentinel Class

Human Pack

Early Access
16,000 Rune Stones
Human Badge
4 invites
3 Silver War Chest
3 Gold War Chest
Minor Founder's Booster (+100% XP & Gold, +25% Shared)
Founder’s Scout Bow
Founder’s Hunter Crossbow
Early Access to Scout Class

We'll pop up a reminder coming up to July 22nd, when these changes will be taking place.

FireWorks_
10th Jul 2014, 15:08
But that is not the reason for the current maintenance/game being down, is it?

Evilnipple1
10th Jul 2014, 15:17
So if you bought an Immortal pack already, will you get the 15,000 gold on July 22nd?

RainaAudron
10th Jul 2014, 15:20
So if you bought an Immortal pack already, will you get the 15,000 gold on July 22nd?

No, you won´t.

Saikocat
10th Jul 2014, 15:20
But that is not the reason for the current maintenance/game being down, is it?

It is not, we have a new patch today! :)
Posting the patch notes shortly.

Saikocat
10th Jul 2014, 15:21

Gold won't be added for already purchased packs. The new packs won't include Runestones, so if you already purchased a pack (or buy it before the change on July 22nd), your pack will (have) included Runestones instead. They won't be affected, so your Runestones aren't being removed or changed.

MasterZtark
10th Jul 2014, 15:43
Will you still be able to buy the Founder Packs with Runestones in-game (from July 22 onward that is)? Will the Runestone price change at all? Will you still get the gold if you buy the packs with Runestones (you currently don't get the Runestones, but the packs are cheaper because of this)?

Evilnipple1
10th Jul 2014, 16:02
Gold won't be added for already purchased packs. The new packs won't include Runestones, so if you already purchased a pack (or buy it before the change on July 22nd), your pack will (have) included Runestones instead. They won't be affected, so your Runestones aren't being removed or changed.

Well, i've bought the Immortal Pack on the in-game store. So i didn't get any runestones either, that's why i was wondering if maybe there was an extra 15,000 gold added to the in-game Immortal Pack.

smutny1221
13th Jul 2014, 18:04
I have pucharsed veteran pack on a sale as a gift.
I am on holidays now and I don't know if I should redeem it now or when I am back home.
If i use it now, will my booster start immidietly?
On other hand I don't want to lose 2,5k runestones.
What should I do?

RainaAudron
13th Jul 2014, 18:25
As of the latest update (10. 7.), boosters start to decay only if you equip them, before that date they will start to decay immediately after you assign the founder´s pack to your account.

smutny1221
13th Jul 2014, 19:13
Thanks, I just redeemed my key, should I see any difference on my steam (I had played beta)?

RainaAudron
13th Jul 2014, 20:21
Now go check your profile/inventory in the game and you will find the runes/items in there.

Scorcher505
14th Jul 2014, 09:46
Someone else asked this earlier in the thread and did not get and answer. I too got just a beta key for free to test out the game, but since I love it I would like to buy a founder pack. I want to know if will be able to buy the new founder packs in game with runestones, and if I do that will it add the gold to my account?

RainaAudron
14th Jul 2014, 09:49
You can only buy bundles within the game (for rune stones). Packs are only obtainable via money outside the game. Gold will only be added after 22nd of July if you buy a pack, not a bundle.

VISlaaVIneshVI
18th Jul 2014, 00:57
I'm a bit surprised no one has asked yet but I was wondering if the runestones are still going to be a type of currency used to purchase skins after the 22nd when it get's reworked? Or if gold was going to become the only currency to purchase things (even skins).

Blastin_Foolz
18th Jul 2014, 04:46
What a shame.

LordShaper
22nd Jul 2014, 04:40
I'm a bit surprised no one has asked yet but I was wondering if the runestones are still going to be a type of currency used to purchase skins after the 22nd when it get's reworked? Or if gold was going to become the only currency to purchase things (even skins).

I'm wondering the same thing and as we only have a day to go it would be nice to know if I should buy now or wait for tomorrow

VISlaaVIneshVI
22nd Jul 2014, 07:09
So there seems to be another issue. I tried to get the vampire founder pack earlier today but my purchases have been declined because "you (I) already own the game". I contacted steam about it but I haven't heard anything yet.

SiD_Green
22nd Jul 2014, 07:30
Well do you already have access to the beta? Because if you do, you have to purchase the pack in the game's store

RainaAudron
22nd Jul 2014, 08:30
You should be able to obtain other packs on steam if you go to the store page through browser, make sure you are logged off, put it into your basket, and then log in when it asks you.

VISlaaVIneshVI
22nd Jul 2014, 13:30
You should be able to obtain other packs on steam if you go to the store page through browser, make sure you are logged off, put it into your basket, and then log in when it asks you. I thank you for the quick reply and that would be fantastic if they were the same deal. If you get the one through steam it's everything in the pack + 16,000 runestones (which is the main appeal for new skins for me) for $60. If I get it in game store I have to buy the runestones first. But here's the flaw, if I buy $60 worth of runestones in store I get 13,600. If I want to purchase the vampire's founders pack from that, since it's 6000 runestones I'd only have 7600 left for the skins and other things. This is less than half for the same price. So this also leads me to the first question I posted a few days ago. If runestones are going to get phased out entirely for new skins and things are they only going to cost gold which you can earn in game? Or, are they still going to cost runestones but now only get gold through the founder packs after today now. Or really a couple of hours from now.

Sanguise23
22nd Jul 2014, 13:51
Runestones are NOT going away, they have to make money somehow and that how.

RainaAudron
22nd Jul 2014, 13:57
You are welcome. Everything else stays the same though. Founders´ packs will only give you gold (but the packs will be significantly cheaper to reflect that), thus you have to buy runestones separately from tonight. Skins will always be purchasable through runestones only.

VISlaaVIneshVI
22nd Jul 2014, 14:30
You are welcome. Everything else stays the same though. Founders´ packs will only give you gold (but the packs will be significantly cheaper to reflect that), thus you have to buy runestones separately from tonight. Skins will always be purchasable through runestones only. *bows* Thank you again Raina I did follow the advice on trying in the web browser while being logged out. It worked! Shame you have to do that and can't just through the steam client.

Runestones are NOT going away, they have to make money somehow and that how.

I understand that and can appreciate it too. I hope this game is successful for them in every way ( mainly for the selfish reason that I hope it spurs a desire for back story and lore and we'll finally get that LoK sequel we've been waiting for since Defiance. :) ) One can wish.

RainaAudron
22nd Jul 2014, 14:47
*bows* Thank you again Raina I did follow the advice on trying in the web browser while being logged out. It worked! Shame you have to do that and can't just through the steam client.

Yeeey, glad to hear it worked! :D Yeah, not sure why it doesn´t work in the steam client itself... Just be aware that you can collect all the packs, but can´t have more than one of each. You can also buy them on GMG since they give you a direct steam activation code.