PDA

View Full Version : How to get an "evil" ending???

djdelirius
7th Nov 2014, 13:22
OK, so I just played through DXHR for my 5th time and wanted to try a different style of play. So I went with what I thought was evil but the game didn't really think so. I basically killed every bad guy, event rechecked everyone after clearing a level and headshots to the sleepers, I killed all the Punks, MCB's, DRB's, Harvesters, Belltower neutrals, every DPD officer in the precinct was KIA'd, headshot to Darrow, and slit Taggart's throat. Basically if they showed up on my radar I killed them with the exception of a few DPD and Hengsha officers. So I finally chose the Sarif ending and I got the mother ******* good Sarif ending.

What do you have to do to get the evil or even neutral endings?

CyberP
7th Nov 2014, 14:12
How do I get the ending where Jensen doesn't press any button, leaves Panchaea and goes on to start his own business in the toy manufacturing industry, and later marries a man?

Multiple choice endings are given more importance by the audience and devs than they are worth. Don't get me wrong they are still worthwhile and are something games can do well, but as said, people give too many ****s when there is always bigger problems to hand.
But hey, if EM only made one ending and it was a quality one, everyone would whine about there not being a choice like in DX1.

Edit: the above sentence was written with a damned if you do, damned if you don't message. But there was an option to have no legitimate whiners: at least meeting DX1 and having two thirds of the endings quality ones. (Helios and Illuminati in DX1).

Shralla
7th Nov 2014, 19:29
If Deus Ex ever had an "evil" ending, I would quit the franchise forever. It's embarrassing how attached people are to Bioware's stupid black and white morality system. SPOILERS: The real world is all shades of grey.

AdrianShephard
8th Nov 2014, 01:58
If Deus Ex ever had an "evil" ending, I would quit the franchise forever. It's embarrassing how attached people are to Bioware's stupid black and white morality system.

Exactly.

CyberP
8th Nov 2014, 02:26
If Deus Ex ever had an "evil" ending, I would quit the franchise forever. It's embarrassing how attached people are to Bioware's stupid black and white morality system. SPOILERS: The real world is all shades of grey.

Not really. You can roleplay an evil bastard. In an ideal simulation the game world would react accordingly (and sometimes, not very often though, it does in all DX's), to react accordingly that would include an evil ending. Even if it were a darker shade of grey, it'd still be the more evil option. Who said the OP didn't want some color variation in his evil ending anyway?

In DX1 you can knock out a child and feed him to the Karkians, then go out in a blaze of insanity in a stand off with local police.
How's that for an evil ending? Not the type you had in mind, but there exists one if you look at it that way :)

LordHoban
4th Dec 2014, 03:33
I like good and bad endings where appropriate, but as has already been stated, Deus Ex isn't about good or bad, but shades of grey. It's not about what is evil... but about trying to make a choice of what one man thinks is the best course for humanity to follow from here on out, in dealing with the atrocities committed by another.

With that said... if you aren't going to really do the multiple endings correctly, doing one really good ending that guides your story along to whatever the next intended chapter is, I feel would have been better for HR. New Vegas was a fairly recent game that did the multiple endings correctly, where you had to do different things to make a certain ending happen. HR just spoonfeeds you the option to choose, with the way you played through the game seeming to have no bearing at all on what that ending could be.. or at least a final level that has different objectives you need to accomplish to achieve a different ending.

So yes, shades of grey...

AdrianShephard
5th Dec 2014, 00:17
HR just spoonfeeds you the option to choose, with the way you played through the game seeming to have no bearing at all on what that ending or most character interactions could be..

Fixed.