PDA

View Full Version : FFVII Materia Issues

mikegonzalez2k-318184
4th Sep 2012, 05:13
I currently cannot unequip materia using the Menu button. When I attempt to unequip the materia I get an error sound (the same sound you hear when you try to hit cancel and cannot cancel). The game has been working normally up to this point, and I've had no trouble unequipping until a few minutes ago. I've tried loading an older save and was able to unequip it.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I've been leveling All materias in the Northern Crater to get the 99 million gil achievement. I think my materia bag may be full, I'm going to try to leave and sell the materia and come back.

EDIT: Nevermind, my materia bag was full, I just sold the ALL's and it worked again.

Skizim1
6th Sep 2012, 17:15
For whatever reason the game will not let me climb the vine in the mythril mines to get the long range materia.. i am now almost at the end of disk one 30hours into the game lvl 40 and i still cant climb the vine..... i have tried everything. Im running win 7 64 bit have all my video drivers and everything up to date....i can not figure out why the game will not let me climb up the vine to get long range materia... anyone else have this issue?

Skizim1
6th Sep 2012, 17:16
For whatever reason the game will not let me climb the vine in the mythril mines to get the long range materia.. i am now almost at the end of disk one 30hours into the game lvl 40 and i still cant climb the vine..... i have tried everything. Im running win 7 64 bit have all my video drivers and everything up to date....i can not figure out why the game will not let me climb up the vine to get long range materia... anyone else have this issue?

Clouder90
6th Sep 2012, 19:49
There seems to be a problem with your game file. I'm not an expert but the older PC-version had the same problem and there was a patch for it but for obvious reasons it will not work on this version. This it not a common problem(not that i know of) and i think the only thing you could try is reinstalling the game and just hope it will fix the issue.

And thanks to the cursed cloud-save system you will not lose your progress while unistalling, so after reinstall you can try if it worked straight away without having to play all the way from the beginning. Hope this helps.

jherson5686
6th Sep 2012, 19:56
yea, i have no problem climbing that vine, mine works fine, but now i cant even get in the game cuz of the sync error :(

Clouder90
6th Sep 2012, 20:05
Where there is a forum, there is a way. You can play the game even if the servers are down. Start the game normally from the launcher and wait for the server search to fail. After that the continue-button will light up and you can access your local save files. Assuming that you are trying to play the game with the same computer you played last time. Hope this helps.

jherson5686
6th Sep 2012, 20:07
hmmmmmm, ill try that let me c

jherson5686
6th Sep 2012, 20:12
wow it work, thx dude lol ^o^

Clouder90
6th Sep 2012, 20:17
No problem. Feeling like a sensei or something http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

member_10441036
6th Sep 2012, 21:46

Wow you are grinding in the wrong area. Go to Junon, once there go to the road that leads to the under water reactor(The grey alley like street in between the two shop screens there). There is an alarm on the wall next to the guy blowing the whistle and instructing his troops. These are fairly tough at first but in compairison you will cerntainly not find a better grind area until disk three. Do one MAYBE two battles at first and as you get strong through levels fight more battles per save. You get about 8000 Gil and around 120-260 AP PER BATTLE. Worth the time and effort. After each battle just go to the left( or upward left) to the second door on the right and rest for 400 Gil and save 5 feet from that. Rinse repeat........

Clouder90
6th Sep 2012, 21:52

Wow you are grinding in the wrong area. Go to Junon, once there go to the road that leads to the under water reactor(The grey alley like street in between the two shop screens there). There is an alarm on the wall next to the guy blowing the whistle and instructing his troops. These are fairly tough at first but in compairison you will cerntainly not find a better grind area until disk three. Do one MAYBE two battles at first and as you get strong through levels fight more battles per save. You get about 8000 Gil and around 120-260 AP PER BATTLE. Worth the time and effort. After each battle just go to the left( or upward left) to the second door on the right and rest for 400 Gil and save 5 feet from that. Rinse repeat........

The thing is that if he cannot climb the vines, he cannot proceed in the game. assuming of course that ALL the vines are unclimbable.

Other than that, that is a very good advice! I'll try that when i get there.

member_10441036
6th Sep 2012, 22:02
Also use double growth weopons A.s.a.p in this area you will have mastered most of your materia in just a few hours along with 30ish levels (about 4-5) Enemy skill White wind is a HUGE< HUGE< HUGE help in this area so if these guys are more than you can handle than get it from

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#f4f4f4" width="590">

This thing is that tall Owl. Dare I say one of the best things you can do for yourself in the entire game.

NOTE** This can only be achieved AFTER you have Catsieth. His manipulate lets you control the enemy motions so just manipulate it and use white wind an all enemy skill materia as you get them. Having this on all three charactors latter in the game makes beating the Weopons Ruby and such far more easy

White Wind
Star #4
MP Cost: 34
Learn From: Zemzelett**, Wind Wing***
Game's Description: Restores HP and status to every ally

</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Skizim1
6th Sep 2012, 22:54
Reinstalled game.... still... game will not allow me to climb the vine to get long range materia....... really strange Still have my saves tho.... and BTW yes i know about the hunting in junun.. hehe how i get my first all materia mastered for the one million gil hehe.... game let me climb the vine to get out of the mines i just can not climb the vine to get the long range materia....

Clouder90
7th Sep 2012, 02:18
Well , that is strange. I'm almost there myself so i really hope that there will be no problem for me. Maybe i'll figure something out. And now that i think of it, it just might be that you need to be exact angle in exact spot for it to actually activate the climbing sequence. Had some very minor problems similar to this(Reading the turtle paradice flyer in Shinra HQ, for example).

Skizim1
7th Sep 2012, 06:42
As far as ruby weapon goes... if you.have to heal you are doing it wrong lol. Been awhile but its something like this... w-summon. Hp asorb mp asorb counter magic or summon cant freakin remember the name.... but just load that all up and cast bahamet zero and just watch for shoot 2 hours or however long... takes awhile.

Skizim1
7th Sep 2012, 09:31
Called squareenix about the issue got the response from their csr... we are not a tip hotline so we dont give out specifics, there is no know bug at the time about this so you likely forgot to hit a switch or talk to someone.......only thing i thought was wow you work for square and have never played this game lol

Clouder90
7th Sep 2012, 21:14
This might sound stupid but did you try to climb the right vine? the one farthest from the entrance close to the cliff? Just went there myself and i was like "Not my game too!" when i could not climb the vines. Then i activated the cursors which makes all the entrances visible with a red pointer and all the climbing spots with a green pointer.

AskaLangly
8th Sep 2012, 02:00
I have seemed to master all the materia... at least Magic, Summon, and Command, as I have received the Master Materia from the Huge Materia.
I am well aware there are more Commands... all those are mastered.
If you're going to ask me about some of the obscure Materia, like the ones won in the Races... got those mastered.
What do I need to do to trigger the achievement? Have one of each mastered Materia in inventory? That's gonna take a while, lol.

Skizim1
8th Sep 2012, 11:35
Yup i sure did. I was def trying to climb the right vine i turned the cursors on and it shows a green arrow where i was trying to climb up.. i even watched a youtube video making sure i wasnt doing something wrong. I even swapped out group members tried to climb it with them in the front row and them in the back row... nothing he characters just stare at the vine but wont climb it.. once i can get the sync to work i was going to totally uninstall and re install instead of an overwrite that i did

Persiangato
8th Sep 2012, 11:47
Did you master Enemy Skill materia?

AskaLangly
8th Sep 2012, 13:09
Actually managed the achievement. And yes, I mastered all four of them.
I was laughing to myself that my final enemy before the final bosses WAS a Dragon Zombie.

Skizim1
8th Sep 2012, 17:02
so went through made sure all my files where up to date Check. Got the update from .net framework. check.. completly uninstalled and reinstalled Check. Checked my video drivers again check. everything up to date i have no idea WTH is causing this... but after all this stuff..... it will not let me climb that vine.....

Clouder90
8th Sep 2012, 20:45
What you have here is an unique, most annoying bug in this galaxy...

Skizim1
9th Sep 2012, 00:09
Amen to that.. i think there is one other long range materia in game so i think i can still get my master yellow materia.

Clouder90
9th Sep 2012, 17:03
Long Range Materia is an independent(purple) materia which has no master materia, so good news is you can get two of each master materia, but you will never get the Long Range Materia beacuse it's the only one in the entire game... :/ There must be something you are doing wrong and thats why you can't climb the vine. There is no other explanation. Walk along the wall and tap Confirm until Cloud crabs the freakin' vine. There MUST be a way.

Skizim1
9th Sep 2012, 17:19
Plugged in a pc controller... was able to walk right up the vine and get my long range materia... but for whatever reason wont let me use the keyboard to get it... so note in the future if ya come across someone with the issue tell them to plug a pc controller in. Thanks for all the info clouder90. Appreciate your help

Skizim1
9th Sep 2012, 17:20
Was thinking it was a yellow..

Clouder90
9th Sep 2012, 17:38
Okay good to know that only the keyboard might have the issue. Glad we got this over with and that you got your Materia. I'll be sure to forward this info if i come across this kind of problem again.

Is it just me or do i hear the victory fanfare playing somewhere?

Skizim1
9th Sep 2012, 19:58
Lol

Acacia_Sgt
13th Sep 2012, 22:20
Plugged in a pc controller... was able to walk right up the vine and get my long range materia... but for whatever reason wont let me use the keyboard to get it... so note in the future if ya come across someone with the issue tell them to plug a pc controller in. Thanks for all the info clouder90. Appreciate your help

I just got the Materia and it worked fine with my keyboard. Perhaps the problem is not the usage of keyboard itself?

damiantrek
14th Sep 2012, 10:01
ok I mastered ALL 21 magic materias and i go to collect the master materia and it just says it shines the same color as the magic materia. is this a glitch or am i missing something? No one is equipped with any materia either and i double check- all are mastered

pedrosundown
14th Sep 2012, 22:58
At the rooftop in the shinra building, before cloud fights with rufus I get a box telling me to unequip materia from the members and finish with start. i try to do this but i keep coming back to the same message. Anyone knows what im doing wrong?, also I tried to reconfigure the controls but ended up scrambling the commands so i try to change it back to default but i cant.

Skizim1
20th Sep 2012, 06:50
Did you obtain all of.the huge materia?

member_10825346
20th Sep 2012, 08:05
This is a list of ALL the magic materia you need mastered to obtain the Master Magic materia:

Ice
Lightning
Restore
Fire
Poison
Earth
Heal
Revive
Seal
Transform
Mystify
Time
Gravity
Destruct
Barrier
Exit
Comet
FullCure
Contain
Ultima
Shield

There are 21 in total, which is how many you said you had mastered - that's good. Just triple-check (you said you alread double-checked, right?) to make sure you have one of each of those materia, and not, say, two Fires and no Shield or something like that.

Once you have all of them mastered and in your inventory, walk up to the green Huge Materia (as you seem to have done) and interact with it. If you've got all the necessary componants, the option should come up to do a "Materia Blend". Just say Yes, and boom. Master Magic Materia is yours.

Hopefully this helps.

Skizim1
20th Sep 2012, 09:15
If you.miss one huge materia you can not obtain the master magic.. you must get all 4 huge materia. If you only have 3 you will only be able to get command and summon.

damiantrek
20th Sep 2012, 22:04
Ugh, I have checked again, I have all the materia and the huge materia. train, ft condore, rocket, sub. idk its medded up

Clouder90
25th Sep 2012, 15:31
You can change the controls in the game launcher. Configure your controls and try again. You can also try other buttons beside "start". If all else fails, you can also try not to unequip the materia.

Rej72380
6th Sep 2013, 00:50
I am playing the Steam version of FF7 and I was really excited when the Transform materia of Barret's was about ready to be mastered and make a duplicate of itself. When I actually mastered the materia, I didn't get the Steam notification saying I have unlocked the achievement. I tried 9 more times and it still wouldn't unlock. Something seems to be wrong with the achievement, or else I would already have it.

What should I do to finally get it unlocked?