PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 2 games on the psn network

ChrisB1985
7th Jul 2014, 11:08
Does anyone agree with me and think they should put playstation 2 games on the psn network to download they have playstation 1 games and I'd love to play final fantasy 12 again and as I don't have a playstation 2 anymore it should be available to download on the psn network as I'd love to play it on my vita

moooka
7th Jul 2014, 18:15
Remastering them is better, usually they remaster the Japanese versions with content unreleased overseas. In the case of FF12, that would be the International Zodiac Job System. I think this game has a chance of getting a remaster. But for the other games, I don't know why they keep them away. It's not too late though, Atlus released 6 games as PS2 classics from the Megaten series during the previous few months.

ChrisB1985
7th Jul 2014, 19:07
They said if it gets a lot of demand from the fans they would consider it, it's not like they have anything to lose they already have the game just put it in HD but I bet it takes them Atleast a year to get it out feel like getting my ps2 out haha

Alestes
10th Aug 2014, 05:00
Remastering them is better
While it's better, only the PS2 games that sold really well have a chance of being remastered. They won't spend time and money on upgrading an old unpopular game. While releasing a PS2 game on PSN is pretty much no effort at all, they just have to bother to do it.

And there are good PS2 Square-Enix games out there that didn't sell well, I think the best PS2 game from Square-Enix is Musashi: Samurai Legend. And then there are Drakengard 1&2 too, and I really think they missed an opportunity to release those games considering Drakengard 3 was released for the PS3 just a few months ago.

And then there's the big Dragon Quest 8, which somehow haven't received a remaster, but rather a demaster for phones with cutdown graphics, no voices and no orchestral music, like the western PS2 release.

Since it seems unlikely that these games will ever have remasters, it would be great to see them among the PS2 Classics on PSN.