PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Tomb Raider trailer coming on December 5, 2014?

Shaikh
16th Oct 2014, 19:18
Here's an interesting tweet from Geoff Keighley:

It surely pointing out that there will be a Video Game Awards show aka VGX this year as well and Tomb Raider will get a trailer there. Tomb Raider got two trailers at last two years shows. And the word 'Rise' is very interesting. I think we are getting something at VGX 2014.

Valenka
16th Oct 2014, 19:24
I think it's a subtle hint to the possibility of seeing more of the upcoming game, yes.

Or it could be a charming coincidence regarding the Video Game Awards.

RybatGrimes
16th Oct 2014, 19:24
If the VGA's are anything like they were last year (GTAV/Rockstar circle jerk) I'll just wait for it to go on youtube and watch it then. I can't sit through Joel Mchale's terrible jokes again.

Flintmelody
16th Oct 2014, 19:42
I just can't feel excited about new info until we get to know what is happening the the PC/PS versions. Feel more fed up than thrilled about ROTTR at the moment and that is a first for me.

Rai
16th Oct 2014, 20:00
As I posted about this in Humble Abode, I obviously agree with you that this could be a hint to TR10 being shown at the VGAs. I hope so. Despite the exclusive, I am still very interested in seeing what this game has to offer.

AdeleDazeem
16th Oct 2014, 20:08
I think that above all-- we wanna see this at the end of the trailer:
Coming to Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4 & PC

While I'm excited to see a new trailer, I still have mixed feelings. Even though I'm getting a 360 for this one.

Jurre
16th Oct 2014, 20:18
Thank you st. Nicholas (if it is what we think it is)

Treeble
16th Oct 2014, 21:22
It's a bit pretentious, but it could be a hint to a Rise trailer, yes. Also, Rhianna recently twitted she's started working on a new project some of her followers would surely like, but she can't speak about it for a few months. It could be the next novel, another arc for the comic books or, who knows, maaaaaaaybe another TR game now that LCGOL is almost out the door. :p

NikNak513
16th Oct 2014, 22:08
Hmm... Maybe. I wouldn't count on it though.

a_big_house
16th Oct 2014, 22:23
...It could be the next novel, another arc for the comic books or, who knows, maaaaaaaybe another TR game now that LCGOL is almost out the door. :p

Probably the comics, I highly doubt she'll start work on the next TR when Rise is still so far from release and AFAIK she had no input on Osiris ( not GoL :p ) so I doubt it's release would mean much for her ;)

Rai
16th Oct 2014, 22:54
It's a bit pretentious, but it could be a hint to a Rise trailer, yes. Also, Rhianna recently twitted she's started working on a new project some of her followers would surely like, but she can't speak about it for a few months. It could be the next novel, another arc for the comic books or, who knows, maaaaaaaybe another TR game now that LCGOL is almost out the door. :p

What makes you think it's TR related? I guess it could be the next arc of the comics if there is to be a 3rd one leading into Rise.

Treeble
16th Oct 2014, 23:39
No particular reason, it just seemed odd how she mentioned "some of you may enjoy". Maybe we're part of that group, but most likely we're not. :p

Metalrocks
17th Oct 2014, 02:13
also mixed feelings about it. unless it will say that it will come out for pc and ps as well i will turn my back on the trailer.

NSW_pride
17th Oct 2014, 03:08
TBH I only care about when's this game is coming to PS4 & PC. I don't really care about trailers & screenshots anymore.

AdeleDazeem
17th Oct 2014, 08:35
TBH I only care about when's this game is coming to PS4 & PC. I don't really care about trailers & screenshots anymore.

I agree. I was super excited when the first trailer came out, I had never been that excited to see a new Tomb Raider game!
And then it was stolen from us...

Earlier I said I was going to buy a 360 for this. Not so sure about that anymore.

WinterSoldierLTE
17th Oct 2014, 09:51
I'm assuming Geoff Keighley works at CD?

It'd be cool to see more of the game, but knowing it's still over a year away from release (and who knows how many years away from when I'll be able to play it) I can't get that excited yet.

Rai
17th Oct 2014, 10:17
^No, Geoff is a game journalist and, according to his Twitter, the host of Spike's GTTV.

I think the reason peeps are making the connection to RotTR, is the use of the word 'Rise' (obviously?). It could just be a coincidence, but if it was his intention just to pay attention to the VGAs, he could have done so without using that word. I mean, it's the VGAs, people know game trailers will feature there :p.

AdeleDazeem
17th Oct 2014, 10:27
I could point out that they spelled Rise not rise. But Since A Lot Of People Type Like This Lately I'm Not Sure If That Makes A Difference Anymore.

Valenka
17th Oct 2014, 12:29
I could point out that they spelled Rise not rise. But Since A Lot Of People Type Like This Lately I'm Not Sure If That Makes A Difference Anymore.

It's different.
Geoff's tweet using capital letters indicates the fact that the 'Games Will Rise' line is either the title, subtitle or phrase for something. Proper nouns symbolise importance or the name of something.

People Who Type Like This Don't Realize That It's Incorrect.

a_big_house
17th Oct 2014, 13:30
It's different.
Geoff's tweet using capital letters indicates the fact that the 'Games Will Rise' line is either the title, subtitle or phrase for something. Proper nouns symbolise importance or the name of something.

People Who Type Like This Don't Realize That It's Incorrect.

Very true, however having just looked at his Twitter feed, he usually types like a normal human :D

Valenka
17th Oct 2014, 14:52
Very true, however having just looked at his Twitter feed, he usually types like a normal human :D

Indeed.
Which strengthens the theory that Geoff's tweet has something to do with an event. Perhaps it's Tomb Raider related, given the usage of the word 'rise.'

Or, it could be completely coincidental and anticlimactic in the respect that there's a heap of new games being brought to light during the VGAs in trailers and video announcements.

daventry
17th Oct 2014, 17:12
I will watch the Trailer, but i will Not support the Game

motoleo
17th Oct 2014, 21:30
I think there is one coming. I was just getting that feeling and decided to log in.

DamianGraham
18th Oct 2014, 05:09
This makes me really sad, a piece of me gets hyped for TR news... Then it gets crushed at the thought that it might not even pertain to me :/ </3 that's my heart... It's broken

Lord Martok
18th Oct 2014, 15:59

Um, Excuse Me, But Please Define For Us Your Definition Of A Normal Human? A Normal Human As Opposed To What?! I Find This To Be An Offensive And Discriminatory Statement!

:D (of course I am being facetious...only humor) :D

a_big_house
18th Oct 2014, 16:01
...I Find This To Be An Offensive And Discriminatory Statement!

:D (of course I am being facetious...only humor) :D

You're right, it was very discriminatory... But I don't apologize :rasp:

Lord Martok
18th Oct 2014, 16:34
You're right, it was very discriminatory... But I don't apologize :rasp:
:lol::lol::lol:

Lara_Fan_84
21st Oct 2014, 00:40
I have mixed feelings about this. I am a PS console gamer so I am in the bunch who are left out at least for now. I kind of want to see it just for the potential of what PC and PS gamers could have but if we never get it it'll just be sad eyes looking at a screen. Basically it's a waiting game, but I still have hope.

Weemanply109
23rd Nov 2014, 17:03
Whilst I think it's likely we'll get some sort of media preview of ROTTR in December. I think that the tweet mentioned in the OP has nothing to do with this.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a609170/vgx-rival-the-game-awards-announced-to-be-produced-by-geoff-keighley.html

Geoff Keighley is funding a new Gaming Awards show to rival VGX and I'm certain that his tweet is more related to that than this. Especially considering it airs on December 5th. Not to mention if he was talking about a single game, he wouldn't use the plural "games" in that tweet, surely. :p

BluenoseGames
24th Nov 2014, 07:50
Geoff Keighley is funding a new Gaming Awards show to rival VGX and I'm certain that his tweet is more related to that than this. Especially considering it airs on December 5th. Not to mention if he was talking about a single game, he wouldn't use the plural "games" in that tweet, surely. :p

This. However i'm sure that we will get something in December, I mean the Game Awards Show Is on December 5th - Give a launch trailer for Temple of Osiris (Maybe gameplay - which there's been tons of already) and along with that give us a Rise trailer with gameplay bits and story or even better some gameplay separate !!

Shaikh
3rd Dec 2014, 15:05
Just over 2 days (http://thegameawards.com/) to find out. Feeling very excited. :D

Rai
3rd Dec 2014, 18:11
According to a tweet by Xbox marketing head, Aaron Greenberg, MS won't be 'planning any new game announcements'. I don't know if that means anything for Rise, perhaps not showing at the Game Awards or not. The article (http://www.vg247.com/2014/12/03/xbox-isnt-showing-anything-at-the-game-awards-2014/) here sensationalises this a bit, imo.

a_big_house
3rd Dec 2014, 18:20
It wouldn't really an announcement though, would it?

Not knowing the format of the new awards show, it's quite possible that we'll get to see some gameplay (only a year left remember), if not that, at least a trailer with gameplay I expect :thumb:

dark7angel
3rd Dec 2014, 18:28
ABH is right, the game was already announced so I don't think that tweet applies to TR.

Shaikh
4th Dec 2014, 13:49
According to a tweet by Xbox marketing head, Aaron Greenberg, MS won't be 'planning any new game announcements'. I don't know if that means anything for Rise, perhaps not showing at the Game Awards or not. The article (http://www.vg247.com/2014/12/03/xbox-isnt-showing-anything-at-the-game-awards-2014/) here sensationalises this a bit, imo.

He said that MS won't announce any new game at TGA. That means they can still show the games that has already been announced. Microsoft is one of the 3 main company who is holding this event. And they previously stated that they will showcase some of their 2015 lineup which may include Halo 5, Quantum Break & Rise of the Tomb Raider as 3 major titles. I believe there still possible that 3rd party exclusive games could get announced in MS favor. :)

Chocolate_shake
6th Dec 2014, 05:31
Nothing from rise was shown . Not even a peep *sigh*

Guess we'll have to wait until E3 2015 .

But I wish CD would atleast start talking about the game . Now that Temple of Osiris is out of the way , can we have a Q/A session or a podcast about Rise

BluenoseGames
6th Dec 2014, 09:32
E3 is too late that leaves 5 or 6 months for promotion ? You know they don't have to wait for an event to show us a it just the ideal place as loads of people are watching it. I say we'll get something between now and February.

WinterSoldierLTE
6th Dec 2014, 10:57
But I wish CD would atleast start talking about the game . Now that Temple of Osiris is out of the way , can we have a Q/A session or a podcast about Rise

Was it ever in the way? It seems to me like Osiris has basically been ignored as far as promotions. Compared to the way 'G.o.L.' was promoted anyways.

Chocolate_shake
6th Dec 2014, 11:39
Well there have been quite a few Q/A and dev diaries in the past few months and all of them were related to Temple of Osiris . (Not that I am complaining)

Now that Temple of Osiris will release soon , whatever they will put out next should definitely be about Rise

Rai
6th Dec 2014, 13:02
Nothing from rise was shown . Not even a peep *sigh*
That's not strictly true, there was a second long clip of Lara pulling down her hood from the reveal trailer in the opening sequence http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/privateeye.gif

Guess we'll have to wait until E3 2015 .

Waiting until E3 2015 is way too far, imo. That would leave around 5 months or so for promotion. I know ToO only got that much, but ToO isn't an AAA game like Rise. You're not wrong though, with ToO out Tuesday, CD may now start promoting Rise, hopefully in the spring (or sooner, but people will be playing ToO over the holidays I guess).

a_big_house
6th Dec 2014, 15:32
That's not strictly true, there was a second long clip of Lara pulling down her hood from the reveal trailer in the opening sequence http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/privateeye.gif

Exactly, that clip was VERY misleading :hmm:

Danielsun_
6th Dec 2014, 19:58
Exactly, that clip was VERY misleading :hmm:

What's this? where? show me? please? :D

a_big_house
6th Dec 2014, 20:02
It's from the original Rise announcement trailer, where Lara says "We become who we're meant to be" after removing her hood. They took the part where she removes her hood and stuck it in the opening titles of the awards show, which is why it was misleading cause they didn't mention anything about the game :hmm:

Danielsun_
6th Dec 2014, 23:29
It's from the original Rise announcement trailer, where Lara says "We become who we're meant to be" after removing her hood. They took the part where she removes her hood and stuck it in the opening titles of the awards show, which is why it was misleading cause they didn't mention anything about the game :hmm:

Ah gotcha tbh what I took from that trailer is that she goes and gets stuck on another remote part of the planet where only she and her trusty sidekick the compound bow can save the day :p

jokes aside though I have literally no idea what the premise is for the new game other than killing more generic mercenaries