PDA

View Full Version : Hitman Art Director Introduction

IO_Jonathan
10th Oct 2014, 20:38
Hello all!

I've decided to register on the forums to give you all a brief introduction to myself. I'm the new Art Director at IO Interactive where I'm responsible for just about everything related to all the visuals concerning the Hitman franchise.

IO Interactive cares deeply about what the community thinks about the series. Although I've personally kept very much behind the scenes on previous videogame titles I've worked on, IO's desire to engage with its fans has motivated me to step out from the shadows.

With that in mind, I'd like to point you all to a Twitter feed that I have just set up, and would love for as many fans to follow - particularly those with an interest in videogame art and development. While I won't be sharing any screenshots or concept art pieces just yet, I'm aiming to share exclusive imagery on that feed when we're ready to release material.

In the meantime I'll be posting photos from around the studio (sadly no spoilers), and posting random thoughts as I go about my day-to-day business working with the talented developers at IO.

Follow me at @IO_Jonathan (https://twitter.com/IO_Jonathan)

Hope to see you there!

JoN

AdrianShephard
10th Oct 2014, 23:36
Welcome, Jon!

IamRahx
11th Oct 2014, 00:49
Indeed welcome Jon.
I'm not that into twitter or facebook (barely ever use them). But for you, I'll make an exception. Good luck with your work, looking forward to see what you've got :)

FootFetish4Life
11th Oct 2014, 02:02
Welcome to the party!

gkkiller
11th Oct 2014, 07:11
Welcome, and I'm sure you're going to do a great job :)

IO_Jonathan
11th Oct 2014, 09:48
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I won't be posting too often on here, but I'll be sure to drop by from time to time.

BridgetFisher
15th Oct 2014, 02:25
Good luck jon, hope they give you enough coffee to keep working at making all our hitman dreams come true XDD

Travis_IO
16th Oct 2014, 09:56
We've given Jonathan the 'official' badge now, so you know he's legit. I also edited the OP to make it easier to follow him on Twitter, which you definitely should.

I've also created a new post on the IOI website that introduces Jonathan and our new Lead Animator, Kenn, in some more detail. Take a look: http://www.ioi.dk/?p=1875

AdrianShephard
16th Oct 2014, 13:32
I see Jonathan comes from Crytek...

Bloom effect incoming! :rasp:

IO just got some serious talent in the art department.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Oct 2014, 20:40
Welcome!!!! :wave:

IO_Jonathan
1st Nov 2014, 18:03
Thanks Viktoria - good to be here, hope you're well!