PDA

View Full Version : Kane and Lynch in Hitman universe?

kewlak
15th Sep 2014, 14:32
IO Interactive few times had connected Kane and Lynch with Hitman. First time in Blood Money in newspaper after the one of missions was an article about Kane and Lynch's escape from prison truck. It could be an easter egg back then, but after multiple times where they had appeared in Absolution (Kane in Hope prison, Hope bar and Lynch on shooting range) i began to doubt about an easter egg theory.
What if developers will hit on an idea to connect those universes once again in H6? I think Kane and Lynch series doesn't fit to Hitman, and even though i liked Kane & Lynch: Dead Men for its good plot, the second part is disappointing.

What you think about it?

AdrianShephard
15th Sep 2014, 17:05
IO should go back to the Freedom Fighter franchise, not Kane & Lynch.

I did enjoy the K&L Easter eggs though.

Itsrob
16th Sep 2014, 03:59
Keep the two separate please.

Master47
18th Sep 2014, 12:23
They are separate. The cameos have most likely been easter eggs. In fact they are.

kewlak
18th Sep 2014, 14:43
They are separate. The cameos have most likely been easter eggs. In fact they are.
Most of easter eggs in games is much more harder to discover. That's why i thought their universes are connected.

BridgetFisher
25th Sep 2014, 13:34
IO Interactive few times had connected Kane and Lynch with Hitman. First time in Blood Money in newspaper after the one of missions was an article about Kane and Lynch's escape from prison truck. It could be an easter egg back then, but after multiple times where they had appeared in Absolution (Kane in Hope prison, Hope bar and Lynch on shooting range) i began to doubt about an easter egg theory.
What if developers will hit on an idea to connect those universes once again in H6? I think Kane and Lynch series doesn't fit to Hitman, and even though i liked Kane & Lynch: Dead Men for its good plot, the second part is disappointing.

What you think about it?

This is a very fun idea after the disaster of the last K&L game where the devs censored the whole game, maybe this can help the franchise get its street cred back.

kewlak
27th Sep 2014, 13:44
This is a very fun idea after the disaster of the last K&L game where the devs censored the whole game, maybe this can help the franchise get its street cred back.
Yes, maybe, but after what they did to K&L2 it will be hard. The worst thing is that devs had very good start point (K&L1 ending with few unfinished threads), yet they hadn't made use of any of these. Lynch doesn't use drugs anymore (WHY?), we don't know what happened right after K&L1, what about Kane's daughter etc. The second worst thing is that single player campaign takes 4 HOURS to beat.