PDA

View Full Version : Accessories...

FootFetish4Life
8th Sep 2014, 20:20
Fake removable mustaches and beards and glasses that you can put on with a disguise?

Maybe, by having these on people are less suspicious of you. 47 had fake facial hair in the novel Enemy Within and it just seems like how an assassin operates. They could either be part of the pre-mission load out or you could take them with you, to give player the option of how he wants to enter. These accessories should also work against you, so, say somebody saw you with a mustache before, removing it make you less suspicious.

These accessories could also protect your identity when passing by cameras, and you would have to dispose of them and repurchase new and different ones for every mission to keep your identity safe. You could reuse them but you'll get a strike on the evidence sheet. They won't be easy to get and will add a nice element to the gameplay. BUT, they shouldn't be necessary to pass a mission, I could imagine seeing 47 in a beard all the time would become weird after a while.

Any thoughts?

gkkiller
9th Sep 2014, 15:28
Uh ... why would you need them?
It's not like putting on a wig, glasses, and fake facial hair would be a helpful 'disguise', per se.

Arhops
9th Sep 2014, 23:00
To be honest I don't see why we need accessories just to make it easier not to get detected without any real work (yes money is sort of work but you get it anyway for playing the game anyway so...). It would just remove from the challenge with no real reason in my opinion.

shwanedangles
10th Sep 2014, 03:15
Its not a bad idea..I don't know if it really fits right with the feel of being 47..maybe if it was an option after you beat the game. Btw is the book worth the read? cuz I just bought it and don't want to be disappointed like the movie

FootFetish4Life
10th Sep 2014, 04:10
Uh ... why would you need them?
It's not like putting on a wig, glasses, and fake facial hair would be a helpful 'disguise', per se.

#1: Cameras. With a mustache and sunglasses, your identity will stay safe, provided they bring back the evidence element from Blood Money. Without 'em, you'll just have to find another way around them or steal the security tape or hack the cameras. It'll offer different ways to approach a target and boost replayability.

#2: Say an NPC sees you as 47 (suit), then he sees you again dressed as a line cook, then, said NPC sees you as a garbage man, he should get suspicious (I realize I just opened up a whole new can of worms here). Anyway, with facial hair and eyewear you should be able to get by these individuals. This idea might be more complicated than I thought at first so on that note, I'm suggesting it as more of an optional/immersion tool and not vital to the gameplay.

FootFetish4Life
10th Sep 2014, 04:26
To be honest I don't see why we need accessories just to make it easier not to get detected without any real work (yes money is sort of work but you get it anyway for playing the game anyway so...). It would just remove from the challenge with no real reason in my opinion.

Well... if anything, it'll add to the challenge. Buying an accessory for a mission means you'll have to hold off on other upgrades for that particular mission. Let's say, Diana sends you a photo of a VIP (the NPC colored in white on the map), and this guy has specific features, i.e., mustache, glasses, etc., and you would require those features to gain entry into an area of the mission because everyone is very familiar with him (VIP), well, when you get ready for the mission, you'll have to decide between upgrading your appearance or customizing a tool, if money is tight (realistically, the cost of a fake mustache wouldn't compare to a sniper scope, maybe a syringe... but please don't bring that up). Or, just the mere task of applying facial hair would make the game harder by a hairline fraction. I just don't see it making the game easier. It'll definitely add immersion and like I said before, it shouldn't be vital to the gameplay and more about immersion.

FootFetish4Life
10th Sep 2014, 04:35
Its not a bad idea..I don't know if it really fits right with the feel of being 47..maybe if it was an option after you beat the game. Btw is the book worth the read? cuz I just bought it and don't want to be disappointed like the movie

I haven't finished the book, reason being I was never much of a reader and I bought the book to scratch the itch left by Absolution, so I read this from time to time when I get the chance. I'm on Chapter 8, so if I've gotten that far along into it then you could say it's a good read. Without spoiling it, the story is great. It's like an in-depth extension to the story in the game. If you like Hitman's (game) story, you'll love the book. All the elements are there, 47 is a cold, calculating assassin, Hitman's twist on counter-intelligence, etc. You won't be disappointed.

kewlak
11th Sep 2014, 10:39
Fake removable mustaches and beards and glasses that you can put on with a disguise?

Maybe, by having these on people are less suspicious of you. 47 had fake facial hair in the novel Enemy Within and it just seems like how an assassin operates. They could either be part of the pre-mission load out or you could take them with you, to give player the option of how he wants to enter. These accessories should also work against you, so, say somebody saw you with a mustache before, removing it make you less suspicious.

These accessories could also protect your identity when passing by cameras, and you would have to dispose of them and repurchase new and different ones for every mission to keep your identity safe. You could reuse them but you'll get a strike on the evidence sheet. They won't be easy to get and will add a nice element to the gameplay. BUT, they shouldn't be necessary to pass a mission, I could imagine seeing 47 in a beard all the time would become weird after a while.

Any thoughts?
This time i agree with you. Fake mustaches or sunglasses connected with AI memory can really improve gameplay (but it's useless without AI memory). I also wonder if changing 47's look wouldn't flaw his image (but i think it would be a marketing's concern not a game's flaw, so i'm ok with this).

Btw is the book worth the read? cuz I just bought it and don't want to be disappointed like the movie
I've read only Hitman Damnation and there was too much action in my opinion. 47 had been captured twice like in Absolution, but it was a good novel. I think about purchase Enemy Within too, because it's apparently better.

FootFetish4Life
12th Sep 2014, 02:50
This time i agree with you. Fake mustaches or sunglasses connected with AI memory can really improve gameplay (but it's useless without AI memory). I also wonder if changing 47's look wouldn't flaw his image (but i think it would be a marketing's concern not a game's flaw, so i'm ok with this).

It could work. Say they brought back the live map, NPC's that pose a threat (remember you) could have a purple dot in the center of their marker, telling you to remove your mustache. In contrast, removing your mustache means that those NPC's are no longer marked purple, but NPC's that saw you enter near the exit, will now be marked, so you must change back to your suit before going back to that area. And you could also throw in other scenarios that will involve sneaking by or causing a distraction.

Hope that makes more sense.