PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying music

dodopod
3rd Sep 2014, 22:33
I have 3 songs I can't identify:
Does anyone know what the Drum 'n' Bass track that plays on radios is? It's this one, if you don't know what I'm talking about.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAgfI-AOwGI

Where in the game does the track Return to Hengsha play? I'm pretty sure it's not the obvious spot.

The NYC Bar track that plays on radios is not the one from DX1. I know you can find it on Deus Ex Network, but where does it come from?

Mousehunt
4th Sep 2014, 00:56
Return to Hengsha seems like it could have been in the antagonists chicks apartment shootout with the teams of enemies that come out of the elevator. Also possibly could have been in one of the later levels somewhere.

I remember hearing DX1 tracks on the radio sometimes, it could have just been a bit of a remix for HR.

That's about as helpful as I can be on that. No idea about the drum n' bass track. Hacking alert music maybe?

CyberP
4th Sep 2014, 03:47
I have 3 songs I can't identify:
Does anyone know what the Drum 'n' Bass track that plays on radios is? It's this one, if you don't know what I'm talking about.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAgfI-AOwGI

That is not Drum & Bass.

Drum and bass (also written as drum 'n' bass or drum & bass and commonly abbreviated to D&B, DnB or D'n'B) is a type of electronic music which emerged in England in the early 1990s.[3] The genre is characterized by fast breakbeats (typically between 160–180 beats per minute[4]) with heavy bass and sub-bass lines

Is the naming of the track by McCann?

Anyway, it is very likely this boring-ass "Drum & Bass" track was made specifically for the game, so if you're looking for it you've already found it.

Now have some actual Drum & Bass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWluTyXnlv8#t=05m25s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG9-j1dkoH0

Mousehunt
4th Sep 2014, 08:23
On a side note. The HR soundtrack is the coolest thing I've ever heard.

This is why I am here.

I mean the dudes were possessed with the very spirit of deus-ex-ish-ness.

CyberP
4th Sep 2014, 13:36
I mean the dudes were possessed with the very spirit of deus-ex-ish-ness.

Eh, it was good but not very Deus Ex stylistically.

Mousehunt
4th Sep 2014, 14:17
Eh, it was good but not very Deus Ex stylistically.

Quite different, I can't decide which one I like more. Hong Kong and Versalife and U.N.A.T.C.O or Everybody Lies.

I feel kinda strange liking videogame music so much...

dodopod
4th Sep 2014, 21:27
Return to Hengsha seems like it could have been in the antagonists chicks apartment shootout with the teams of enemies that come out of the elevator.
I just checked, it's definitely not from there.

That is not Drum & Bass.
Yeah, I know. I was just talking about the name. I think it's the music from the breakdancer in Detroit. Thanks for the music, by the way.

Quite different, I can't decide which one I like more. Hong Kong and Versalife and U.N.A.T.C.O or Everybody Lies.

Don't worry about it. Especially not when what you mean by video game music is Alexander Brandon, Michiel van den Bos, and Michael McCann. Have you heard the soundtracks from Jazz Jackrabbit 2, Age of Wonders III or XCOM: Enemy Unknown yet?

FrankCSIS
4th Sep 2014, 23:27

Can't see why you'd feel odd about it! Even if the medium still has a bit of a stigma to it, when everything aligns, a good game offers a unique one on one experience with the user that surpasses the bond a book or movie can create. The music of said games plays a paramount role in this experience, and will stay attached to the emotional bond long after you've stopped playing the game. More so than any other memories you might retain, in fact.

I've seen a few game music concerts, and the mood in the crowd was always as great and emotional as any other shows I might've seen.

Mousehunt
5th Sep 2014, 02:24
One of my favourites at the moment is After the Crash. That is some radical **** man.

Mousehunt
11th Sep 2014, 22:45
Opening Credits music. The theme song of Transhumanism.

Humanity upgraded.