PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - July 3rd Update

Saikocat
3rd Jul 2014, 16:16
Tyrant
- Reduced fall damage taken by victims of the Throw ability. Initial wall impact damage is unchanged, but this reduces the total combination damage humans can take when thrown into a high wall and into a fall afterwards, as it was causing extreme damage in some situations.

Sentinel
- Air dodging no longer cancels any of your existing flight momentum

Tutorial
- Invert Look prompt has been clarified to be less confusing
- Human dodge tutorial adjusted so you are not attacked until you press Dodge
- Vampire Evasion tutorial adjusted so you aren’t shot at until you press Evasion

Maps
- Sommerdamm optimization pass to hopefully reduce framerate issues on lower spec machines

Boosters
- Boosters will now only begin their expiration timer when they are equipped for the first time

UI
- The prompt for linking your Square Enix Members account will now only show once each time you run the game
- Users who have submitted an email to link their Square Enix Members account will not be forced to re-enter their email, but instead reminded to complete the process sent to their email address.

Bugs
- Resolved an issue with Loadouts not saving correctly

Shikei001
3rd Jul 2014, 16:21
:'( still no Matchmaking fix :(
I hoped so much we would get the new server based Matchmaking :(

Evlone
3rd Jul 2014, 16:30
:'( still no Matchmaking fix :(
I hoped so much we would get the new server based Matchmaking :(

I'm thinking at the moment the game will be unbalanced anyway as people are joining at different times and leveling at different rates, it will balance itself out soon enough I'd imagine :)

Evlone
3rd Jul 2014, 16:31
Other updates looking good, well pleased about the Loadout issue being addressed, that was a real pita for me :P

Saikocat
3rd Jul 2014, 16:34
New matchmaking options and improvements are on the way, but they're not ready just yet I'm afraid. But they will happen!

Evlone
3rd Jul 2014, 17:03
look at it from a positive point of view... at least playing against the more experienced players will get you some quality experience yourself :)

Shikei001
3rd Jul 2014, 17:17
xD I don't have a problem with the player im 40 myself ;)
But I rly dislike the Lobby.. u can't form a Party or find a Lobby with a Party mostly it don't work at all.. and if it works, at least one of the Partymembers gets kicked xD

And Corey promised so beautiful things *_*
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=13344

Sanguise23
3rd Jul 2014, 17:21
why do people keep saying you cant form a party i did this yesterday

FireWorks_
3rd Jul 2014, 17:37
why do people keep saying you cant form a party i did this yesterday

Which is not contradicting. It just doesnt work most of the time and it takes a good amount of patience when you try it with 4 players in the evenings.

Lucky you

Sanguise23
3rd Jul 2014, 17:42
ok, i have had very little issues, guess im lucky

FireWorks_
3rd Jul 2014, 17:48
Tyrant
- Adjusting scaling of fall / impact damage when using the Throw ability

What does that mean concretely?

MasterZtark
3rd Jul 2014, 17:51
Thanks Cat! ^_^

I noticed the Permanent price for buying a Perk is now 2,400 instead of 3,000. Any other behind-the-scenes changes not in the notes? The community loves to know EVERY little change, even if we may not understand what it means exactly. I'm also curious exactly what the changes to Tyrants Throw were ("Adjusting scaling of fall / impact damage when using the Throw ability").

Psyonix_Corey
3rd Jul 2014, 18:01
Throw was sometimes doing too much damage if you threw an enemy into a wall and then they fell a significant distance to the ground. Base impact damage hasn't changed, it just can't do 800+ total wall impact + fall damage anymore.

Perk price changes are part of a few store revisions going on, first wave of which are:
- Permanent perk prices reduced
- Unpopular boosters removed (Human and Vampire Boosters)

Captainlanger
3rd Jul 2014, 18:22
any ETA on the group fix? the only thing that is annoying me with the game at the moment is trying to play with friends takes about 5 minutes every other game to make a group and then actually get into a lobby.

FireWorks_
3rd Jul 2014, 18:28
Throw was sometimes doing too much damage if you threw an enemy into a wall and then they fell a significant distance to the ground. Base impact damage hasn't changed, it just can't do 800+ total wall impact + fall damage anymore.

Perk price changes are part of a few store revisions going on, first wave of which are:
- Unpopular boosters removed (Human and Vampire Boosters)

The 30day hint for boosters of the founders pack was removed again. What do you say to that?

EDIT: Its there again :) Customers beware :P

Psyonix_Corey
3rd Jul 2014, 18:33
The 30day hint for boosters of the founders pack was removed again. What do you say to that?

Bug, will fix, chill out? =p

Psyonix_Corey
3rd Jul 2014, 18:33
any ETA on the group fix? the only thing that is annoying me with the game at the moment is trying to play with friends takes about 5 minutes every other game to make a group and then actually get into a lobby.

When it's ready.

FireWorks_
3rd Jul 2014, 18:58
Bug, will fix, chill out? =p

Perfect:D

Already done <3

Prime_Abstergo
3rd Jul 2014, 19:23
I want a refund :D

Sanguise23
3rd Jul 2014, 20:08
I want a refund :D
i want tacos

MasterZtark
3rd Jul 2014, 23:02
I just bought an Immortal Founders Pack (right now) with Runestones. The Immortal Booster says it is already expired in my inventory lol. I still have a Founders Booster equipped with 9 days left from when I bought a Warband Founders Pack (21 days ago?). I'm curious if this is as intended now, but when I try to equip it (after the 9 days run out of my current booster, so they aren't both running at the same time) it will start the 30 days. Or should I submit this as a bug?? Thanks!

Psyonix_Corey
3rd Jul 2014, 23:53
I just bought an Immortal Founders Pack (right now) with Runestones. The Immortal Booster says it is already expired in my inventory lol. I still have a Founders Booster equipped with 9 days left from when I bought a Warband Founders Pack (21 days ago?). I'm curious if this is as intended now, but when I try to equip it (after the 9 days run out of my current booster, so they aren't both running at the same time) it will start the 30 days. Or should I submit this as a bug?? Thanks!

If you equip the Immortal Booster it'll activate itself at 30 days, the expired thing is a display bug that snuck into the patch that we're fixing ASAP.

MasterZtark
4th Jul 2014, 00:11
Okay, cool! I just right-clicked it and the only option was "Delete" right now, as if it really is expired, so figured it was a bug.

malgaa
4th Jul 2014, 12:38
Should add this to the changelog:
-Vampires executing dead bodies faster than usual bug fixed.

Shikei001
4th Jul 2014, 14:23
There are 16 achievements now in Steam *_*
Sadly they are not achievable xD but if u look them up u get a good idea of what's coming ;)

Varulven
4th Jul 2014, 18:38
There are 16 achievements now in Steam *_*
Sadly they are not achievable xD but if u look them up u get a good idea of what's coming ;)

Spotted a typo in there ^^

PencileyePirate
4th Jul 2014, 19:51
Is anything going to be done about fixing Echolocation in the near future?

I pray for a fix every time there's a new patch, but it never comes ...

Many thanks for the load-outs fix, though. :)

Razaiim
6th Jul 2014, 02:06
Is anything going to be done about fixing Echolocation in the near future?

I pray for a fix every time there's a new patch, but it never comes ...

Many thanks for the load-outs fix, though. :)

I would much rather have the skill fixed but I feel that at minimum you should change the tooltip so that it does not advertise a disorient. I would also tweak Sweep Kick tool tip so it does not suggest that it still has knockdown.

Haradeas
6th Jul 2014, 22:21
Nice patch notes, sadly still no micro text font fix for 19" screen players :( ( for 19 inch or smaller screens the font of the text is near unreadable, way to small )

SiD_Green
7th Jul 2014, 00:31
Nice patch notes, sadly still no micro text font fix for 19" screen players :( ( for 19 inch or smaller screens the font of the text is near unreadable, way to small )

Are you sure your resolution is set correctly? I have a 19 inch screen and haven't noticed anything being hard to read

RazielWarmonic
7th Jul 2014, 01:59
Is there any hidden fixes again? Like Reaver feast time? Bolt thrower fixes? The game feels different in a few ways...

Numeta
8th Jul 2014, 14:48
No fix on the loot tables?

Psyonix_Corey
8th Jul 2014, 17:44
The vampire execute speed bug was fixed.

No changes to Bolt Thrower that I know of.

Loot tables are staying as-is (low chance to find a temp. Perk, rare chance to find an uncommon Weapon/Special Ability) until a larger loot revision is ready.

FireWorks_
10th Jul 2014, 08:06
Can you maybe extend the new booster mechanic to the dropped 24hour perks? I was just wondering why it ran out without touching it til i realized its a perk and not a booster.