PDA

View Full Version : [Features/Ideas] What would you like to see?

Klona13
23rd Aug 2014, 00:27
This is not a wish list, but it will be about brainstorming new ideas and features you want to see in the next game.
Discuss your ideas or other people's ideas on what would you like to see.
___

I think it would be nice if all (or most) in-game the systems to complement each other. :D

For example, with the health and combat system, I want them to be as realistic as possible (or at some point of realism). If Lara is simply grazed by a bullet or arrow, it should regenerate after a long while, but it can be sped up by medipacks.

If Lara is shot in the leg, her pace slows down severely and you would need to take cover and pull out the arrow and bandage it quickly, but if you were shot with a gun, you need a medipack to treat it. Enemies shouldn't have unlimited ammo, at some point, they should run out of ammo as well then attack Lara directly with whatever they could find.

If Lara is shot anywhere within in her body, she should do the same. And just to avoid, "She was shot in the heart!" or something. They should program it like just before the arrow hits her (or enters her collision space), it auto assigns to a non-fatal part of her body to be stuck in (nobody would notice this as the arrows/bullets are going way too fast). If you stay out of cover for too long, the risk of 1 hit K.O increases instead of receiving grazes which take away some of her HP bar.

Obviously we will be moving around during combat so it gives less chances for the enemy to take a direct hit, they will be preservative with the ammo and try to take a good aim to Lara's head if we stay standing in one place which means 1 shot K.O.

I think it would be cool giving the systems a lot more depth. ;)

___

Share your ideas! :D

Weemanply109
23rd Aug 2014, 01:30
Great ideas. I really want regenerated health to disappear unless, like you said, it's a small graze. Healthpacks and such need to come back, the healing system should be notes from the Far Cry series, imo.

I'd like other affects to indicate Lara's health is low (by limiting her abilities and jump height) and maybe even affect her accuracy, etc. Making it much more difficult by punishing "Rambo"-like careless gunplay and encourage people to be more careful with Lara in regards to platforming, gunplay and such. It would make the game feel more dangerous.

Klona13
23rd Aug 2014, 03:16
^ Exactly, I always hated mindless fighting. I like it when you have to take every move you make into careful consideration.

I also have this idea about the reticles. The more you use a weapon, the smaller the reticle gets. For example, when you start using the bow in the beginning, the reticle would be huge and it would gradually get smaller and smaller (until Lara never misses her target) the more you use it. Same apply to other weapons (each weapon separately).

Like some sort of EXP bar for each weapon alone.

d1n0_xD
23rd Aug 2014, 09:08
I always said the health bar should be divided into sections like in Mass Effect 3, so the regeneration works on only one bar, and others fill up with a medkit.

CroftManiac
23rd Aug 2014, 10:02
I always said the health bar should be divided into sections like in Mass Effect 3, so the regeneration works on only one bar, and others fill up with a medkit.

That reminds me of TRU , when Lara recovered some health on her own and she needed a medipack in order to fully restore her health! In my oppinion , Health bars are a little outdated and unrealistic (and a bit cheap ) , and I much prefer the TR2013 one......

d1n0_xD
23rd Aug 2014, 10:13
^ That's what a game is. They're not outdated, it's just not the preferred option in modern games. And if you think health regen is realistic, I don't know your concept of reality :p

CroftManiac
23rd Aug 2014, 10:24
^ That's what a game is. They're not outdated, it's just not the preferred option in modern games. And if you think health regen is realistic, I don't know your concept of reality :p

Well , here is my concept of unreality : '' Lara is wounded! Oh what do we have here? A medipack? Oooo! The magical pill is going to take away all the wounds!!Wow! Lara now looks like new !! ''
You may have a point : '' Lara can eat almost 1000 bullets as long as she doesn't get shot in a raw. She needs a place to recover!! ''
I think a combination of those two would be amazing : Blood on the screen , until Lara gets a medipack . But not like TRU nad TRL. I liked the '' fix the wound '' system of Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater!

Jurre
23rd Aug 2014, 10:40
Well , here is my concept of unreality : '' Lara is wounded! Oh what do we have here? A medipack? Oooo! The magical pill is going to take away all the wounds!!Wow! Lara now looks like new !! ''

Quite. Whether it's health packs or regenerating: when healing in videogames is involved realism is not a part of the equation.

I supported regenerating before, but now I actually prefer the Mass Effect 3 system: with the first half of the health bar regenerating and the other half being split in five blocks that won't regenerate when fully depleted. Far Cry 3's healing system to me was overly complicated, and WAY too slow in the heat of battle.

Speaking of overly complicated, that is what most of your ideas seem to me, Klona, sorry to tell you. It seems to me that these kinds of things would be pioneered by a game that is fully devoted to combat and all it's finesses. I think Tomb Raider would be better off putting it's focus elsewhere...

CroftManiac
23rd Aug 2014, 10:45
Quite. Whether it's health packs or regenerating: when healing in videogames is involved realism is not a part of the equation.

I supported regenerating before, but now I actually prefer the Mass Effect 3 system: with the first half of the health bar regenerating and the other half being split in five blocks that won't regenerate when fully depleted. Far Cry 3's healing system to me was overly complicated, and WAY too slow in the heat of battle.

Speaking of overly complicated, that is what most of your ideas seem to me, Klona, sorry to tell you. It seems to me that these kinds of things would be pioneered by a game that is fully devoted to combat and all it's finesses. I think Tomb Raider would be better off putting it's focus elsewhere...

:thumb: :thumb: ! I also think that it would be more realistic if Lara collected herbs along the way and made a medicine on her own ( I don't know if it's getting a little RPG though.... :p )

Daftvirgin
23rd Aug 2014, 11:36
jVL4st0blGU

I'm afraid that your ideas of realistic healing will add unnecessary complexity; CroftManiac.

CroftManiac
23rd Aug 2014, 13:07
jVL4st0blGU

I'm afraid that your ideas of realistic healing will add unnecessary complexity; CroftManiac.

So your logic is : ''Simple and easy rules'' . I totally agree and I remember playing RPG Tactical games , which required a vast amount of time just to learn how to play it ( :mad2: :mad2: ) ! Maybe CD can transform this ''complexity'' to ''depth''.

Elliot Kane
23rd Aug 2014, 13:11
I still want a full-on Tomb Raider RPG. Something like The Witcher 2, with a solo Lara, but a lot of NPCs she can interact with and a world she really feels like a part of.

CroftManiac
23rd Aug 2014, 13:23
I still want a full-on Tomb Raider RPG. Something like The Witcher 2, with a solo Lara, but a lot of NPCs she can interact with and a world she really feels like a part of.

You mean something like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbJjcBC2rnc
The early TR2013 beta had some really scary monsters and giants ! I loved the concept of this , but I think they scrapped the idea because it would be more like Silent Hill - Survival Horror , and I agree. Tomb Raider is an action adventure game , not horror....

Elliot Kane
23rd Aug 2014, 13:30
You mean something like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbJjcBC2rnc
The early TR2013 beta had some really scary monsters and giants ! I loved the concept of this , but I think they scrapped the idea because it would be more like Silent Hill - Survival Horror , and I agree. Tomb Raider is an action adventure game , not horror....

Looks good, but not what I meant, no.

I used Witcher 2 as my example because it's probably the best single character RPG ever made, not because it involves fighting monsters.

What I mean is that Lara should have an RPG style inventory and a chance to interact with people in ways that don't always involve shooting them.

Think of a better version of Angel Of Darkness, but with no ridiculous pushing of specific blocks & the like.

CroftManiac
23rd Aug 2014, 13:34
Looks good, but not what I meant, no.

I used Witcher 2 as my example because it's probably the best single character RPG ever made, not because it involves fighting monsters.

What I mean is that Lara should have an RPG style inventory and a chance to interact with people in ways that don't always involve shooting them.

Think of a better version of Angel Of Darkness, but with no ridiculous pushing of specific blocks & the like.

Your idea sounds really good , but I don't think that many people visit dangerous tombs nowadays.... :p
''A better version of AOD'' . Well , why not? :scratch:

Elliot Kane
23rd Aug 2014, 13:40
Your idea sounds really good , but I don't think that many people visit dangerous tombs nowadays.... :p
''A better version of AOD'' . Well , why not? :scratch:

Why not indeed :)

TR has always flirted on the edges of becoming an RPG. Angel Of Darkness took it really close, then shied away, though I'm not sure why. It's always been the most logical progression for the series, IMO.

Just need to get rid of the 'push specific block' thing...

Driber
23rd Aug 2014, 13:47

Here is my concept of unreality: "Lara is wounded! Oh what do we have here? A rock which I can duck behind and be as healthy as an ox again 5 seconds later! Oooo! The magic of time healing all wounds, literally!! Wow! I will have to remember that next time I go mountainbiking and fall and crack my skull open. No need for a doctor or anything; just crawl my bloody body behind a ledge and my skull will magically re-attach itself by being idle for 5 seconds!!!"

I think a combination of those two would be amazing : Blood on the screen , until Lara gets a medipack .

Ugh, no. Blood on screen until you find a medipack (which can take several minutes if you're in a place where no heath packs are around and you need to back travel) is going to make for a bloody annoying player experience! (Pun intended :D)

d1n0_xD
23rd Aug 2014, 16:15
Why not indeed :)

TR has always flirted on the edges of becoming an RPG. Angel Of Darkness took it really close, then shied away, though I'm not sure why. It's always been the most logical progression for the series, IMO...

Yeah, and the RPG elements in TR2013 were awesome! :D

I love RPGs and I love Tomb Raider, a good mix of the two would be amazing!

What do you think, a 20-hour long main campaign with similar-lasting side content which actually has some story to it, not fetch quests? :D

a_big_house
23rd Aug 2014, 16:18
I'd be onboard for an RPG as long as it held the Lara Croft title, not the Tomb Raider title. (Mainly because the shift of genre and gameplay would likely rock the boat in the fandom)

Elliot Kane
23rd Aug 2014, 16:39

What do you think, a 20-hour long main campaign with similar-lasting side content which actually has some story to it, not fetch quests? :D

Works for me! :)

CroftManiac
23rd Aug 2014, 17:13
Here is my concept of unreality: "Lara is wounded! Oh what do we have here? A rock which I can duck behind and be as healthy as an ox again 5 seconds later! Oooo! The magic of time healing all wounds, literally!! Wow! I will have to remember that next time I go mountainbiking and fall and crack my skull open. No need for a doctor or anything; just crawl my bloody body behind a ledge and my skull will magically re-attach itself by being idle for 5 seconds!!!"

:lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol: You just made my day!! I said that Health regain has it's drawbacks as well , it is just that it seemed ( at least to me ) more realistic than the ordinary health bar!

CroftManiac
23rd Aug 2014, 17:17

I would love an RPG-like TR , as long as there is an equilibration between action adventure and RPG.

Daftvirgin
23rd Aug 2014, 18:28
I would love an RPG-like TR , as long as there is an equilibration between action adventure and RPG.

I think Mass Effect 3 handled that mix between action and RPG pretty good, but I'd liked to have an actual inventory and stuff

a_big_house
23rd Aug 2014, 20:48
^ I'd actually like to see a similar inventory system to the one in Resident Evil 4, but instead of it being a carry case, it could be her backpack - Filled with ammo and other trinkets, then have the guns equipt to Lara's body. :D

Weemanply109
23rd Aug 2014, 22:35
I'm here for more RPG elements in TR. :D

Jurre
23rd Aug 2014, 22:38
I'm curious as to what people exactly mean by the RPG elements they would want to see in TR, or a TR style RPG. Please elaborate.

a_big_house
23rd Aug 2014, 22:43
-Open World with lots of hidden stuff (Tombs, Kingdoms etc)
-Fancy artefacts (As seen in the LC games) that can be equipt
-Tonnes of AI, everywhere

That's basically what an RPG game is, right?

Weemanply109
23rd Aug 2014, 22:48
-Open World environments (preferably how Assassin's Creed does it)
-Side-missions
-Approachable NPC's and have conversations with them and gain background information on the location, situation, people, etc.
-Loot and inventory systems
-Crafting (not too complex)
-Non-linear approach to story telling

Jurre
23rd Aug 2014, 23:33

When RPG comes up I think of Rocket-propelled Grenade Launchers - which I wouldn't mind having in TR :D

Anyway, I like you two guys ideas and I support them :)

Driber
23rd Aug 2014, 23:45
:lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol: You just made my day!!

Glad to entertain :D

I said that Health regain has it's drawbacks as well , it is just that it seemed ( at least to me ) more realistic than the ordinary health bar!

Yeah I know. To me, the difference between health packs and 5 second health-regen is like trying to decide between putting a pink elephant or a green elephant into a "realistic" game :p

Tihocan
24th Aug 2014, 00:00
I think the problem is pace.

I'd love a realistic TR, but just think about how slow it would be. I've heard the "use a medipack to regain health" argument many times, but this is a band-aid solution*. You want realism? She would need to patch her leg up, then limp for about half an hour until the pain was bearable. And this is ignoring bones and arteries altogether.

I think the best option would be somewhere in the middle. Use a medipack to repair a wound, with the injury effects minimised over a short time.

This would very much change the style of the game. About 90% less bullets would need to be on-target, or the player would be quickly overwhelmed.

*punintended

Yeah I know. To me, the difference between health packs and 5 second health-regen is like trying to decide between putting a pink elephant or a green elephant into a "realistic" game :p
This. :lol:

Rai
24th Aug 2014, 00:40
-
-Tonnes of AI, everywhere

-
-Approachable NPC's and have conversations with them and gain background information on the location, situation, people, etc.

And what would these tons of AI/approachable NPCs be doing in these long lost isolated locations that Lara discovers may I ask?

I mean Temples and tombs that no living person has discovered in centuries are what Tomb Raider is about, right? Not some bustling town. I wouldn't mind a few very light rpg elements like equipment crafting or something,but let's not get carried away :p. I'd be quite put off from playing a game where we're having to have conversations with the locals.

Jurre
24th Aug 2014, 00:42
And what would these tons of AI/approachable NPCs be doing in these long lost isolated locations that Lara discovers may I ask?

I mean Temples and tombs that no living person has discovered in centuries are what Tomb Raider is about, right? Not some bustling town. I wouldn't mind a few very light rpg elements like equipment crafting or something,but let's not get carried away :p. I'd be quite put off from playing a game where we're having to have conversations with the locals.

The town would be at one corner of the map and it's the place were Lara would visit shops to buy weapons and grappling hooks and stuff.

From there she would take the motorcycle through the jungle path towards the hidden temple...

Rai
24th Aug 2014, 00:46
So now we have to go shopping too? Excuse me while I take a kip during that part of the game. Wake me up when we get to the good bit. Zzzzz

:p

Daftvirgin
24th Aug 2014, 01:27
I think the problem is pace.

I'd love a realistic TR, but just think about how slow it would be. I've heard the "use a medipack to regain health" argument many times, but this is a band-aid solution*. You want realism? She would need to patch her leg up, then limp for about half an hour until the pain was bearable. And this is ignoring bones and arteries altogether.

I think the best option would be somewhere in the middle. Use a medipack to repair a wound, with the injury effects minimised over a short time.

This would very much change the style of the game. About 90% less bullets would need to be on-target, or the player would be quickly overwhelmed.

*punintended

This. :lol:

I won't be an issue of pacing, it would just be a heavily imbalanced game for the player. If you're going with ultra-realism, then just one well-aimed bullet could take you to the game over screen. I doubt many people would want that in a video game.

Tihocan
24th Aug 2014, 01:55
I won't be an issue of pacing, it would just be a heavily imbalanced game for the player. If you're going with ultra-realism, then just one well-aimed bullet could take you to the game over screen. I doubt many people would want that in a video game.

But that would cause a pace problem. The player would be forever in cover, to afraid to poke their head out, or taking time to patch up.
And what of the UI? You're in the middle of a firefight, to go into a "patch up menu" so you don't die?
I did mention the amount of action that would need to be removed to balance the game. It would come down to having always moving stealthily, sitting behind cover, few and roughly predictable enemies etc. MGS3 and 4 are basically this - slow and methodical - but still don't have any realistic healing.

http://i.imgur.com/las3zAI.png

Weemanply109
24th Aug 2014, 02:10

I doubt Lara will be visiting isolated locations all the time. She'll run into people on her adventures, like in the films, in the comics and in the games. I've previously suggested that TR (if it were to go Open World) could take on Assassin's Creed- style of open world where you're presented with the option to travel between different locations and explore them freely. It would be nice to have a variation of populated and isolated areas. Look at how AC4 does it for example.

:lol:

Half Life and it's A+ realism. :p

d1n0_xD
24th Aug 2014, 02:28
Realism sucks, if you're asking me :D

a_big_house
24th Aug 2014, 09:47

Well Roy, there could easily be an ancient civilisation buried beneath a mountain or just a few monks here and there. Plus what Jurre said about a town and yes shopping! I wanna buy Lara a summer dress to do raiding in! :D

Jurre
24th Aug 2014, 10:29
So now we have to go shopping too? Excuse me while I take a kip during that part of the game. Wake me up when we get to the good bit. Zzzzz

I believe I saw you saying that you don't play many games other than Tomb Raider. Believe me then, it is always a good and exciting thing to have some kind of shop in a game were the protagonist can buy and upgrade his stuff and gain new things. It is also a reason to collect money and valuable things - something that fits within the TR formula.

d1n0_xD
24th Aug 2014, 11:24
^ Yep, one of the main reasons I explore everything in RPGs is because there's a reward, whether you find sth good, or you find enough money to buy sth good, plus there's experience :D In Dragon Age: Origins, I was level 23 by the end of it, and level 33 by the end of Awakening, getting those achievements was easy :p TR2013 had it good, exploring, giving you XP, but so much more can be done with that :D

Daftvirgin
24th Aug 2014, 11:31
But that would cause a pace problem. The player would be forever in cover, to afraid to poke their head out, or taking time to patch up.
And what of the UI? You're in the middle of a firefight, to go into a "patch up menu" so you don't die?
I did mention the amount of action that would need to be removed to balance the game. It would come down to having always moving stealthily, sitting behind cover, few and roughly predictable enemies etc. MGS3 and 4 are basically this - slow and methodical - but still don't have any realistic healing.

Well of course, a heavily imbalanced game like that will suffer from terrible pacing. Unless you aim to get a tactical stealth game, you'd want your game mechanics to be complimentary to each other to avoid bottlenecks like these.

I rather have this kind of verisimilitude in TR though :o TR9 had some terrible writing imo
qRsqAmuxjNk

Rai
24th Aug 2014, 11:47
I believe I saw you saying that you don't play many games other than Tomb Raider. Believe me then, it is always a good and exciting thing to have some kind of shop in a game were the protagonist can buy and upgrade his stuff and gain new things. It is also a reason to collect money and valuable things - something that fits within the TR formula.That's just the thing though. I can't think of anything more painfully boring than haggling at at a market stall for weapon parts/equipment or whatever. I don't enjoy shopping and crowds irl, why would I subject myself to that in a game? :(. What happens when Lara runs out of ammo, does she need to trek it back to the stall for more#? *mid combat* "Hey guys, give me an hour while I go shopping for more supplies!" (#rhetorical question).

I'm all for exploration and finding things, you're right, it fits tomb raider well and has always had that there.

Oooh, I know, let's have a souvenir stall right outside the tomb selling 'authentic' artefacts, Lara won't even need to go in :D. I'm kidding

@Abe, ;)

Jurre
24th Aug 2014, 11:53
Well I don't recall you having a problem with the campfires in TR9: they are technically shops - buy upgrades with salvage and XP.

Problems like running out of ammo in the middle of nowhere and things of that nature can all be solved: dead enemies drop ammo of course and if it turns out to be too unworkable and frustrating to go back to the town if Lara does run out of ammo than ammo boxes just pop out of nowhere as is already the case in TR9 - I once ran out of ammo when fighting the super oni and ammo boxes just appeared in the corner of the arena when I wasn't looking in that direction...

There's always a solution to that kind of things: it's not rocket science...

a_big_house
24th Aug 2014, 11:56
There's always a solution to that kind of things: it's not rocket science...

It should be. I want Lara Croft in space.

@Roy, I like Abe, I'ma keep it :D

EDIT: Don't forget we also have fast travel as an option :D

Jurre
24th Aug 2014, 12:03
It should be. I want Lara Croft in space.

I once proposed that, Lara going to Mars to recover a crashed spacecraft :)

Rai, what I forgot to mention: I want to stress that usually in these RPG sort of games the player has a great amount of freedom - if you don't like a certain thing you don't have to do it. That's the beauty of it.

Rai
24th Aug 2014, 13:14
@Jurre, Yeah I liked the campsites. I didn't have to talk/haggle with them and the upgrade xp system was fairly simple ;).

@Abe, if you're gonna change my name too, can you at least keep me female? Ta :p

Driber
24th Aug 2014, 13:17
I want to stress that usually in these RPG sort of games the player has a great amount of freedom - if you don't like a certain thing you don't have to do it.

Thus defeating its entire purpose.

If Lara doesn't have to take that motorcycle through the jungle path towards the hidden temple to upgrade weapons and buy ammo, etc, and if she can just as well do it in the heat of the battle with magically appearing ammo boxes, etc, then why even go through the trouble of making that RPG temple in the far corner of the map in the first place...

a_big_house
24th Aug 2014, 13:19
@Abe, if you're gonna change my name too, can you at least keep me female? Ta :p

Royette? :lol:

You shall now be know as Roo then :D

d1n0_xD
24th Aug 2014, 15:55
Thus defeating its entire purpose.

If Lara doesn't have to take that motorcycle through the jungle path towards the hidden temple to upgrade weapons and buy ammo, etc, and if she can just as well do it in the heat of the battle with magically appearing ammo boxes, etc, then why even go through the trouble of making that RPG temple in the far corner of the map in the first place...

Um, first of all, she wouldn't be buying it at a temple, who opens up shops in ruins? :p Second of all, yes, she will pick up ammo from dead enemies, but she can't pick up upgrades. If Tomb Raider had a magical artifact as a weapon (a thing I was proposing many times), it could be upgraded in a village where a shaman can imbue it with magic and poisons, thus you need to find these components while you're exploring. As for her guns, she can find rare metals perhaps (rare because some ancient civilization had them :p ) so she can upgrade them.
But she's no longer on the island, she can buy all these guns and upgrades legally in cities and stuff? Ok, maybe this shaman can add some juice to her guns as well, (frost damage so the enemies are slower and have a chance of freezing, and fire damage which causes damage over time). Maybe even an XP boost. And all these thing cost money and components, which would add to the TR experience, IMO. Of course, this needs to be done right, in order to feel like it belongs, but I think my idea's good :D

And bear in mind, this wouldn't be a quest, like "bring 3 poison weeds to the shaman", fetch quest are boring. No, it would be in true TR fashion, you have this big section and maybe you stumble upon an ore or a plant, or magical fairy dust, I don't know. So you pick it up not knowing what it is. You finish a tomb or whatever reason you went to that part of the world, and you're back at the village (which serves as a hub) and Lara's like "Oi, yo, shaman dude, I found this weird-ass thing, you know what it is?" and he's like "OMG, it's [insert ancient god's name]'s fart dust, I must have it, I give you 50 money for that, and I also upgrade your weapon with it" and all of a sudden you have a stinky weapon that stunts enemies :p
Jokes aside, it can work and it would be awesome, replay value would be there, lots of experimentation, all of it :D

As for travelling, well I'll let others think of a solution for that. Many TR fans say they like exploring, so having a motorcycle would be nice, or even going on foot. Fast travel should only be possible once you complete that section of the game, like in TR2013.

Driber
24th Aug 2014, 16:11
I'm not following half of what you just wrote, Dino. lol

Regarding fast travel - I'll take over motorbiking through the map any time. I always feel that once you traversed a path on foot, doing it again on a fast vehicle kind of makes the place feel small :/

d1n0_xD
24th Aug 2014, 16:21
I'm not following half of what you just wrote, Dino. lol

Regarding fast travel - I'll take over motorbiking through the map any time. I always feel that once you traversed a path on foot, doing it again on a fast vehicle kind of makes the place feel small :/

Hahah, well did you ever play RPGs? Dragon Age or Witcher?

In those games you visit different towns, with merchants, mages, people of nobility and stuff. Merchants can sell you different weapons, mages could enchant your weapons (fire damage on your sword etc.) and people can ask you for help.

In TR it can work similarly, if you find something cool (it's TR, you should always find something cool), you could maybe ask a shaman in a village that's nearby to upgrade your weapon with the cool thing you found. And maybe someone in that village asks you to find her husband who ventured out in the jungle and hasn't been back and you're like "Ok, if I find him, I'll let you know", so you can go actively searching for him, stumble upon him on accident or just forget that quest if it isn't important to you. On the way to your mainplot temple, you find teared clothes, maybe from that husband, but it suggests
a) he went in the opposite direction of the temple so you choose what'll you do first
b) he went in the same direction so you'll probably stumble upon him, who knows

once you find him (dead or otherwise) you inform the lady back at the village of his situation. if he's alive, maybe he'll tell you that he heard of treasure in the temple so he wanted to find it but the undead were trying to kill him. you say to him the undead are dead again and it's safe to back to the village and you keep doing what you were supposed to do, keeping in mind there's also treasure somewhere.

dialogue options could be nice here :p

Driber
24th Aug 2014, 17:30
lol yes, I played RPGs. Since the SNES days in fact :D

I'm just struggling to grasp how such a scenario you're describing would work in a Tomb Raider game :p

IvanaKC
24th Aug 2014, 17:47
I noticed how many people like the idea of open world in TR. However, doesn't that make the game restricted to one area again? :scratch: I thought we all wanted Lara to travel around the world, but with open world, we have just one huge area.

d1n0_xD
24th Aug 2014, 18:00
^ No, not open world, just a bunch of huge areas. Like those hubs, but much bigger. She will travel around the world, but once she is in a place, the place should be big :)

ARaider
24th Aug 2014, 18:24
^ No, not open world, just a bunch of huge areas. Like those hubs, but much bigger. She will travel around the world, but once she is in a place, the place should be big :)

You mean something like this: Lara goes to (for example) Tokyo, and we see a little cutscene, and then Tokyo is just open world? So actually it would be just like GTA, but know with different locations?:D

IvanaKC
24th Aug 2014, 18:28

I have a feeling they tried to do that with the last game and they restricted us to one island. My impression is that it will either come out as a straight forward game with many treasures to be find or we'll be constantly lost within huge areas. However, better this than an open world. It simply isn't a TR game if it's open world.

You mean something like this: Lara goes to (for example) Tokyo, and we see a little cutscene, and then Tokyo is just open world? So actually it would be just like GTA, but know with different locations?:D

I don't think that CD are willing to make 10 levels that big. If we want huge areas, there have to be less of them. If we want more areas, they cannot be that big.

d1n0_xD
24th Aug 2014, 18:33
That's why they shouldn't be too big. Big enought that you get "lost, but not big enough to get lost indeed :p And if it's big and empty, that isn't good either, so there should always be sth to find, not only artifact and tombs, but you know, those journals and documents. Maybe you stumble upon some people or caravans, you know, it needs to feel alive, not empty :)

ARaider
24th Aug 2014, 18:41
I don't think that CD are willing to make 10 levels that big. If we want huge areas, there have to be less of them. If we want more areas, they cannot be that big.
I know but it would be awesome.:D Personally I don't care that much about the world, sure I don't want a little ass world, but I care more about the story and Lara. Story makes the game, and the location is where it will be.

IvanaKC
24th Aug 2014, 18:43
That's why they shouldn't be too big. Big enough that you get "lost, but not big enough to get lost indeed :p And if it's big and empty, that isn't good either, so there should always be sth to find, not only artifact and tombs, but you know, those journals and documents. Maybe you stumble upon some people or caravans, you know, it needs to feel alive, not empty :)

Enemies in general and maybe there could be some stealth added. Like, other people came before you to the place you are headed to and then our adventure, which could be optional, starts. However, adding too much people would make me feel like on the market, not on an adventure. I really don't want to lose the feeling of being alone, but never truly alone. I'm fine with animals, though. Only if they make a good AI, of course.

I know but it would be awesome.:D Personally I don't care that much about the world, sure I don't want a little ass world, but I care more about the story and Lara. Story makes the game, and the location is where it will be.

Well, that's where our priorities differ. I'm used to Lara traveling around the world and I'd like to keep that in the future games. ;)

CroftManiac
24th Aug 2014, 18:46
I'm surprised that no one has proposed this

dual pistols!! :D

a_big_house
24th Aug 2014, 18:52
I noticed how many people like the idea of open world in TR. However, doesn't that make the game restricted to one area again? :scratch: I thought we all wanted Lara to travel around the world, but with open world, we have just one huge area.

Well, if the Crew can get the entire United States, I'm sure Tomb Raider can squeeze in a couple of countries :D Perhaps the game could start in the UK and once you've gotten to a point travel by planes/ships is unlocked, that or you can just swim across the ocean :D

I don't mean to overuse it as an example, but Just Cause 2 has the biggest open world map I've (personally) ever seen in a game and it's full of stuff to do :D

ARaider
24th Aug 2014, 19:39
Well, that's where our priorities differ. I'm used to Lara traveling around the world and I'd like to keep that in the future games. ;)
Okay lol actually I lied.. I do care about the world, but I care more about Lara and the story. And the traveling around the world thing is a part of the story, so I also care about that.:p;) (I personally love traveling, and I really want to traveling around the world some day.:D)

Jurre
24th Aug 2014, 20:15

Not necessarily, developers can put their energy in making one huge open world like the Island from Far Cry 3 - and that thing really is friggin HUGE! - or make several smaller ones, like the cities from Assassins Creed.

AC2 has four large areas, two are large cities and the other two are smaller cities with more surrounding area... Tomb Raider could have a number of open-world areas with one being a forest, the other a mountain and another one a desert...

Driber
24th Aug 2014, 22:09

This.

That's why they shouldn't be too big. Big enought that you get "lost, but not big enough to get lost indeed :p And if it's big and empty, that isn't good either, so there should always be sth to find, not only artifact and tombs, but you know, those journals and documents. Maybe you stumble upon some people or caravans, you know, it needs to feel alive, not empty :)

Sorry but it sounds like you're trying to have your cake and eat it, too. Heh.

Ivana is probably right - it's either one big open world, or globetrotting. For TR.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=118742 ;)

Not necessarily, developers can put their energy in making one huge open world like the Island from Far Cry 3 - and that thing really is friggin HUGE! - or make several smaller ones, like the cities from Assassins Creed.

AC2 has four large areas, two are large cities and the other two are smaller cities with more surrounding area... Tomb Raider could have a number of open-world areas with one being a forest, the other a mountain and another one a desert...

But that isn't globetrotting.

d1n0_xD
24th Aug 2014, 22:17
Sorry but it sounds like you're trying to have your cake and eat it, too. Heh.

Ivana is probably right - it's either one big open world, or globetrotting. For TR.

I don't see how it isn't possible, lots of games do it, with much larger areas.

And it seem that either people are picking bad examples, or people are nitpicking those examples to bash them. Just because AC2 had large areas that are connected, doesn't mean TR can't have large areas that are miles and miles apart.

ARaider
24th Aug 2014, 22:38

And it seem that either people are picking bad examples, or people are nitpicking those examples to bash them. Just because AC2 had large areas that are connected, doesn't mean TR can't have large areas that are miles and miles apart.
This.
A lot of games have a much larger world, so why wouldn't it be possible for TR?

Driber
24th Aug 2014, 22:53

I agree; people are picking bad examples :p

I said for TR.

This.
A lot of games have a much larger world, so why wouldn't it be possible for TR?

Because TR isn't GTA, or AC. Those games have massive fanbases and through-the-roof budgets.

Come back when the fanbase has grown tenfold :whistle:

ARaider
24th Aug 2014, 23:32
Because TR isn't GTA, or AC. Those games have massive fanbases and through-the-roof budgets.
I never said anything about GTA or AC I said: ''a lot of games''.:p
And as far as I know, desiging and making a world has nothing to do with the fanbase.

Come back when the fanbase has grown tenfold :whistle:
I'm afraid you have to kill me if you want me to leave...

Driber
24th Aug 2014, 23:39
I never said anything about GTA or AC I said: ''a lot of games''.:p

I was using GTA and AC as an example of games people use to compare TR to. Case in point Dino's posts up there ;)

"A lot of games" means nothing. Come back when you can provide an actual example instead of generic statements :p

And as far as I know, desiging and making a world has nothing to do with the fanbase.

The bigger the fanbase, the bigger the dev's budget.

I'm afraid you have to kill me if you want me to leave...

Oh it's MUCH easier than that...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-ywPSAZFWVxk/Trv7JQ_GRNI/AAAAAAAAAD0/rbBjS23wDks/s150/ban.gif

:rasp:

IvanaKC
25th Aug 2014, 16:33

Big island is a cliche. They tried to do that and they failed. Any other ideas? :rolleyes:

And it's all connected! I want to go around the world, not just be in one country.

How? Name me one TR game that was THAT big.

I haven't seen a game where you have huge locations which aren't connected to each other. I'm not saying it's not possible to do that, but it takes money and time which CD obviously don't have.

Jurre
25th Aug 2014, 16:38
And it's all connected! I want to go around the world, not just be in one country.

Connected? What do you mean?

And of course the forest map could be in Brazil and the desert one in Egypt, that's not a problem at all...

d1n0_xD
25th Aug 2014, 16:43
How? Name me one TR game that was THAT big.

I haven't seen a game where you have huge locations which aren't connected to each other. I'm not saying it's not possible to do that, but it takes money and time which CD obviously don't have.

Why do I need to name a TR game? We're discussing here, trying to figure out how to implements something that hasn't been done before. And I don't see why they can't not be interconnected, even the connected parts in AC are separated by loading screens, so it's another part. I just don't see what's it got to do with budget. Especially since the whole Microsoft deal. If they could make Tomb Raider Legend (globetrotting), and TR2013 (big areas, separated in hubs), I don't see why they can't combine the two. I'm not saying that every area needs to be the size of the entire Yamatai, or the size of entire Far Cry 3 world but the size of 2-3 TR2013 hubs put together is a fair ordeal, I think.

And of course the forest map could be in Brazil and the desert one in Egypt, that's not a problem at all...

Exactly. You won't be trekking from Brazil to Egypt on foot.

ARaider
25th Aug 2014, 17:24
I was using GTA and AC as an example of games people use to compare TR to. Case in point Dino's posts up there ;)

"A lot of games" means nothing. Come back when you can provide an actual example instead of generic statements :p

I'm almost going to believe that you want me to leave...
And a example of what?

The bigger the fanbase, the bigger the dev's budget.
It can help, but that doesn't have to be true. A really rich person could start a game company.TR would probably never be that popular and have that much fans like COD, so I think that they're not going to have a really big fanbase. (It's really a shame for TR, because it's so much better, imo. Oh god COD fans are going to kill me now! :eek: *Runs away*)

Oh it's MUCH easier than that...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-ywPSAZFWVxk/Trv7JQ_GRNI/AAAAAAAAAD0/rbBjS23wDks/s150/ban.gif

:rasp:I think that you can't ban me when I did nothing wrong.:p

Driber
25th Aug 2014, 17:42
I'm almost going to believe that you want me to leave...

Don't be silly. That's just a turn of phrase :)

And a example of what?

Of an actual game.

Saying "A lot of games have a much larger world, so why wouldn't it be possible for TR?" doesn't really give us anything solid to work with. Give us an actual game to compare.

It can help, but that doesn't have to be true. A really rich person could start a game company.

And donate to CD for no reason?

Yeah and pigs may fly one day :nut:

TR would probably never be that popular and have that much fans like COD, so I think that they're not going to have a really big fanbase. (It's really a shame for TR, because it's so much better, imo. Oh god COD fans are going to kill me now! :eek: *Runs away*)

I'm not sure we even have COD fans on this forum, lol.

I think that you can't ban me when I did nothing wrong.:p

I'd rather ban you for no reason than kill you :p

ARaider
25th Aug 2014, 19:25
Don't be silly. That's just a turn of phrase :)
Oh okay nothing to worry about then.;):p I'm sorry to say this, but I probably have to leave... I'll tell more about this in The Humble Abode if you don't mind.:D

Of an actual game. Give us anything solid to work with. Give us an actual game to compare.

Far cry 2, Just cause 2, World of Warcraft, Paradise, Asheron's Call, Test Drive unlimited, Fuel, Guild Wars Nightfall, Lord of the Rings Online, Elder Scrols III: Daggerfall, Red dead Redemption, Vanguard, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckonin, RIFT, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, Diablo 3, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Morrowind, Guild Wars, Skyrim, Minecraft, Star Wars Galaxies, Superman Returns, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, GTA III, GTA: San Andreas, True Crime Streets of LA, GTA 4, GTA 5,Batman: Arkham City, Burnout Paradise, Dark Souls, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Is this enough?:D:p
These games have the biggest worlds of all games, but I don't want to make a big problem about the world... I rather have a good story, and a good Lara.:p But having a big world, a good story, and a good Lara would be perfect.:D

And donate to CD for no reason?
Donate? Who will donate?

Yeah and pigs may fly one day :nut:
You never know with that science of these days.:p

And thank god for that!:D (not that I hate them:))

I'd rather ban you for no reason than kill you :p
First you have to try to kill me, and I'm not sure if you're going to succeed.:p
But I rather not take the chance to die.:D

Driber
25th Aug 2014, 20:51
Far cry 2, Just cause 2, World of Warcraft, Paradise, Asheron's Call, Test Drive unlimited, Fuel, Guild Wars Nightfall, Lord of the Rings Online, Elder Scrols III: Daggerfall, Red dead Redemption, Vanguard, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckonin, RIFT, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, Diablo 3, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Morrowind, Guild Wars, Skyrim, Minecraft, Star Wars Galaxies, Superman Returns, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, GTA III, GTA: San Andreas, True Crime Streets of LA, GTA 4, GTA 5,Batman: Arkham City, Burnout Paradise, Dark Souls, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Is this enough?:D:p

A quick look through that list makes me think that most of those games had a way bigger budget than TR has.

These games have the biggest worlds of all games, but I don't want to make a big problem about the world... I rather have a good story, and a good Lara.:p But having a big world, a good story, and a good Lara would be perfect.:D

Yeah and I want a million dollars :p

IvanaKC
25th Aug 2014, 20:52
@dino and jurre: It's kinda unreal to expect a game with 10, even 5 locations that big. Try to understand me, guys - it's a sacrifice of proportion for the amount.

Connected? What do you mean?

Connected. You literally take the horse and go to another location just like that.

And I don't see why they can't not be interconnected, even the connected parts in AC are separated by loading screens, so it's another part. I just don't see what's it got to do with budget. Especially since the whole Microsoft deal.

It has everything to do with the budget. Just think about it, why TR games never had so big maps compared to other successful games? It's not like they have no ideas or time. And then take a look at the marketing. I hear more about Batman, AC, COD, whatever, than Tomb Raider. AND then we heard about Eidos and the whole team being bought by Square Enix. So yeah, I kinda think that their budget might be restricted because Square has other big games to finance, too and investing in TR is still unsure because of many ups and downs in the history of TR.

I'm not a hardcore fan, but I am proud to be a fan since COD 2! :eek: Otherwise, how the hell would I know what an MP40 is? :lol:

Driber
25th Aug 2014, 21:07
It has everything to do with the budget. Just think about it, why TR games never had so big maps compared to other successful games? It's not like they have no ideas or time. And then take a look at the marketing. I hear more about Batman, AC, COD, whatever, than Tomb Raider. AND then we heard about Eidos and the whole team being bought by Square Enix. So yeah, I kinda think that their budget might be restricted because Square has other big games to finance, too and investing in TR is still unsure because of many ups and downs in the history of TR.

This.

I'm not a hardcore fan, but I am proud to be a fan since COD 2! :eek: Otherwise, how the hell would I know what an MP40 is? :lol:

I stand corrected :)

Well at least you're not one of those whiny, screaming kids, heh :D

Jurre
25th Aug 2014, 21:08
@dino and jurre: It's kinda unreal to expect a game with 10, even 5 locations that big. Try to understand me, guys - it's a sacrifice of proportion for the amount.
If you want that many different locations, no... But with that number of places you can't expect all of them to be as detailed and decorated as the Island of TR9.

I mean in TR9 the rooms were decorated with Buddha statues and Japanese vases. Those same Buddhas and vases could be found throughout the whole game. If they had to make different statues and vases from different civilisations for every 1/10th of the game it would be a monsterous amount of work. So eventually the rooms would end up looking empty and boring. If you're talking about sacrificing quality for quantity, that's exactly what would happen with too big a number of different locations.

Connected. You literally take the horse and go to another location just like that.

So in Tomb Raider the horse would become an airplane so she flies to the other end of the world... I really don't see the issue here...

d1n0_xD
25th Aug 2014, 22:36
Okay, IF budget is the problem (and I don't know, Microsoft landed a lot of money, and the previous game was awesome, so they do have a pretty hefty budget, IMO, but alas, it's not a fact), can we for the sake of argument imagine they have the budget and just discuss which features can be incorporated and how would it add to the experience... Because a TR game would benefit greatly from bigger areas and more RPG elements regarding combat and exploration :) Isn't that the point of this thread? You partypoopers ruining everything with your facts :p

And, for example, in Revelations, the 2 parts of the city weren't connected, you had to take a boat ride, and thus, it's 2 different parts that aren't loaded at the same time. Same would go for TR, you wouldn't have the whole world loaded at the same time.

ARaider
25th Aug 2014, 22:43
lol I even played COD for a while, but got bored. :p
And ahh the MP40 the classic zombie killer, and one of the first weapons you can buy off the wall.:D (omg I loved it soo much, but it's not that good)

Okay, IF budget is the problem (and I don't know, Microsoft landed a lot of money, and the previous game was awesome, so they do have a pretty hefty budget, IMO, but alas, it's not a fact), can we for the sake of argument imagine they have the budget and just discuss which features can be incorporated and how would it add to the experience... Because a TR game would benefit greatly from bigger areas and more RPG elements regarding combat and exploration :) Isn't that the point of this thread? You partypoopers ruining everything with your facts :p

And, for example, in Revelations, the 2 parts of the city weren't connected, you had to take a boat ride, and thus, it's 2 different parts that aren't loaded at the same time. Same would go for TR, you wouldn't have the whole world loaded at the same time.
Yess someone that understands me! :D ( lol I also thought the same about the Microsoft deal with giving a lot of money, and I first thought about posting it, but then I thought that I don't know how much it is:))

Daftvirgin
26th Aug 2014, 00:47
I rather have CD fix their narrative instead. TR is otherwise pretty solid gameplay-wise.

KG1ziCvLkJ0

also TR has pretty bad aesthetics:

5oK8UTRgvJU

RosePetals
26th Aug 2014, 08:29
Excuse me for butting in, but I personally think TR as an open-world game won't really click as well as like FC, AC or GTA, because these kinds of games have tie-ins with in-game economy, a myriad of NPC-interactions... You know, certain RPG elements that kind of ruin the feeling of adventurous isolation TR has always been known for.

(Not that I'm saying RPG elements won't fit well with TR. Just a little dash of it here and there would suffice to spice up the gameplay a bit.)

I really hope the devs would work on Lara's skill-leveling system though. The one in TR9 was good, but at the end of the game I basically got all three tiers maxed out instead of mastering a specific skill tree. What if I just want to focus on being a Brawler (because, even with auto-aim assist, I just can't aim a cross-hair with an analog stick to save my life)? A certain degree of freedom on the kind of Lara Croft I want would be great, especially since not all gamers play exactly the same way.

With this, I hope the devs would also give the AIs more flexibility during combat to better suit the players' different play styles.

Oh, and customization, please! Would be nice if at the beginning of the game, players would be given the chance to customize Lara's outfit (e.g. bomber jackets, cargo jeans, etc). Even if it's only cosmetic, me thinks it would be a nice little touch. :)

CroftManiac
26th Aug 2014, 10:38
I don't know if anyone has posted this , but I would like to see her rucksack!
It should be present in TR2013 since Lara has it since she was 16 ( Tomb Raider 4 )

kiadaw
26th Aug 2014, 10:49
Instead of full open world, something like Deux Ex or the batman games would be nice, I think, with a combination of semi open areas & dedicated mission areas once you get into a key area.

Anway, talking about Duex Ex, I think TR should allow steath (& not retricted to only certain parts of games) & bonus for steath, no kill, or not discovered. Of of use of lethal force is also feasible.

Klona13
26th Aug 2014, 12:12

You'd be missing the point of this thread then. :p
Not rehashing old ideas like what some of my dear fellow members are doing. :whistle:

Driber
26th Aug 2014, 12:27
Not rehashing old ideas like what some of my dear fellow members are doing. :whistle:

oi, nothing wrong with wanting dual guns back.

width='500'

width='500'

Yeah, bring it, Lara!

:D

a_big_house
26th Aug 2014, 12:35
She also has dual pistols in the comics, so...

CroftManiac
26th Aug 2014, 13:09

Am I in the wrong thread maybe?? :scratch: Hmmm... let's see :'' [Features/Ideas] What you would you like to see? ''
No this is the right thread! :p I know that many people have proposed this on other threads and I think that dual pistols is a MUST for ROTTR. You think that dual pistols are getting cliche? I think quite the opposite! Lara's dual pistols are iconic ! It's one of the countless things that make her special!! If I'm missing the point , will you explain to me the purpose of this thread??

d1n0_xD
26th Aug 2014, 13:35
^ We just think dual pistols will be in the game nonetheless :p

ARaider
26th Aug 2014, 15:33
I think I'm the only one that doesn't like the dual pistols.:lol:

CroftManiac
26th Aug 2014, 16:41

Really? :eek: I trully hope that!!!

CroftManiac
26th Aug 2014, 17:08

Lol! It's okay! :lol: :lol:

dark7angel
26th Aug 2014, 18:29

Trust me, you're not alone! :p

It's not that I don't like them per se, hell I loved them in the classics! But Reboot!Lara just looked awkward with the dual pistols in my opinion... :o

Klona13
26th Aug 2014, 19:11
oi, nothing wrong with wanting dual guns back.

Yeah, bring it, Lara!

:D

I love the duals so much, you guys must be crazy if you think I dislike them. I think TR is nothing without them tbh. :p
But really now, the point of starting this thread is to imagine new features and ideas in the game.

I have an idea about implementing the dual pistols:
The aim would still be the same but we can toggle the direction Lara looks so we could have double aim. For example, when you hold L1 to aim the pistols, Lara holds the pistols together and you can shoot (the reticle is big and it gets smaller the more you use it). You can press L2 to split the aim and use R2 to change directions of which pistols you want to aim.

I'm sure CD can make it cooler. :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/56rahpsv9chjq1f/Dual%20Aim.png?dl=0

Driber
26th Aug 2014, 20:50

Speak for yourself :p

I love the duals so much, you guys must be crazy if you think I dislike them. I think TR is nothing without them tbh. :p
But really now, the point of starting this thread is to imagine new features and ideas in the game.

I have an idea about implementing the dual pistols:
The aim would still be the same but we can toggle the direction Lara looks so we could have double aim. For example, when you hold L1 to aim the pistols, Lara holds the pistols together and you can shoot (the reticle is big and it gets smaller the more you use it). You can press L2 to split the aim and use R2 to change directions of which pistols you want to aim.

I'm sure CD can make it cooler. :)

width='200'

Now this is thinking outside the box! I love it!

That certainly is an interesting idea. Would be cool to see something like this implemented, though it would probably have to remain optional, and possibly not as the default way of shooting. Like having it aimed (pun intended) at the more experienced raiders :)

---

I posted my idea for implementing dual guns in the other thread, but I'll just repeat it here now that we're talking about it.

What I envisioned was having a dedicated button (for example L2) to go into "shooting mode". From there, Lara would draw her twin pistols and a reticle appears on screen. The player then uses the look analog stick to aim at an enemy and then Lara would fire her left gun when the player presses L1 and her right gun when the player presses R1. Just like we saw in that ending scene of TR9.

And holding down either L1 or R2, or both together, would make Lara fire automatically and continually like in TR1.

And perhaps as an extra incentive to make the player use the triggers manually instead of just holding them down, Lara's firing rate would be slightly higher when doing it manually.

IvanaKC
26th Aug 2014, 21:21
I stand corrected :)

Well at least you're not one of those whiny, screaming kids, heh :D

It kinda breaks my heart seeing that 14-year-olds are playing CoD and ruin the whole multiplayer experience. Oh, well...

lol I even played COD for a while, but got bored. :p
And ahh the MP40 the classic zombie killer, and one of the first weapons you can buy off the wall.:D (omg I loved it soo much, but it's not that good)

Don't you dare talking like that about MP40! When you have no ammo, you pick it up and you get to kill Nazis with their own weapon. :p

Well, map design certainly isn't a problem then, but we needed to get our facts straight - budget is the problem.

Now, about the locations. It sure would be nice to run around the big area, but I don't want it to be too big. No matter how much of a content does it have, I would get bored eventually because, whether we want it or not, it would get repetitive (there is no game that doesn't have at least some repetitive parts).

gtpczh_07030bbe_fred-heartattack-o.gif

ARaider
27th Aug 2014, 00:34
Don't you dare talking like that about MP40! When you have no ammo, you pick it up and you get to kill Nazis with their own weapon. :p
I thought what I said was actually quite nice.:p

gtpczh_07030bbe_fred-heartattack-o.gif
I don't mind if they will put it in the game, but I hope that they shouldn't, because this is the reboot, and I want it to be different than the older games, but if they would put it in the game then at least I would like the option to choose between dual wield and just using one gun.:)

BridgetFisher
27th Aug 2014, 00:36
I don't know if anyone has posted this , but I would like to see her rucksack!
It should be present in TR2013 since Lara has it since she was 16 ( Tomb Raider 4 )

You mean an origin story about how she got the rucksack, that sounds fun, I would like to play that very much.

d1n0_xD
27th Aug 2014, 01:49

The reboot has no connections to other games tho.

Driber
27th Aug 2014, 08:47
I don't mind if they will put it in the game, but I hope that they shouldn't, because this is the reboot

It's an origins story ;)

The reboot has no connections to other games tho.

It does. I think what you meant to say is that the reboot has a different timeline :)

d1n0_xD
27th Aug 2014, 11:11
^ Yes, yes, yes :p

ARaider
27th Aug 2014, 11:46
It's an origins story ;)

Oh forget what I said then, but I always thought that with a reboot anything that happened in previous games is irrelevant to the new game.:)

Driber
27th Aug 2014, 12:20
I always thought that with a reboot anything that happened in previous games is irrelevant to the new game.:)

Not "irrelevant" no, but "up for possible change". That's different :)