PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Exclusive for 2 months ?!

LaraCroft04
21st Aug 2014, 17:55
Hi guys,

Firstly just want to apologise if this has been mentioned before but I haven't seen any details regarding this information, so I thought I'd open a thread to share it on here ..

So my dad is a HGV driver and therefore listens to the radio A LOT whilst driving, and one of the regular shows he listens to is talkSPORT. He is also a tomb raider fan and prefers playstation consoles to xbox, and so we were discussing the new tomb raider exclusivity deal as we were both quite surprised and disappointed. So yesterday whilst at work he was listening to talkSPORT radio at around 2.00 - 3.00 pm and they have a feature on with Michael Underwood who discusses gaming news, and on this feature he was discussing the Tomb Raider exclusivity deal on yesterdays show. I've not heard it myself, but my dad's words were that Michael Underwood said that
' Tomb Raider was announced as exclusive to xbox, but it is actually a timed exclusive, and two months later will be released on ALL FORMATS'

I can't find any podcasts of this or news articles, but I figured that may be because it was announced on a sports radio instead of in gaming news, and I have no idea what his sources are or if what he is saying is accurate, but I decided to post this in case anybody else heard the segment on talkSPORT or has any other way of verifying this information.

Sorry if this post is premature and I know I've no evidence to back it up but if anyone could help me find some I'd be grateful as I've no idea where to look, and if it is true I think we can all agree this is pretty big news !

Thanks for reading guys xxx

ARaider
21st Aug 2014, 18:20
If this is true then I'm going to do a happy dance!:D
acprjl_family-guy-o.gif

pidipidi39
21st Aug 2014, 18:24
acprjl_family-guy-o.gif
Yes! Dance the dance of life! :D

nodq24
21st Aug 2014, 18:24
It would be cool if this is true, but tbh I see more of a 6 month period.

ARaider
21st Aug 2014, 18:34
Yes! Dance the dance of life! :D
The dance of life is amazing!:lol:

Rai
21st Aug 2014, 18:45
Are you sure this wasn't just some speculation from the radio host? I'd love this to be true, but it is easy how he thought 'Holiday 2015' meant just two months (Nov/Dec). Unless this is confirmed, I'm just gonna take this with a pinch of salt. Thanks any way for sharing, LaraCroft04 :).

Valenka
21st Aug 2014, 18:51
It's not true for one simple reason: it wasn't an official announcement. It was definitely speculation on the radio host's part. I understand some people want to be hopeful, but believing everything you hear, especially from non-reputable sources is a sure-fire way to set yourself up for disappointment.

Weemanply109
21st Aug 2014, 18:52
If it ain't official, it ain't true (yet). :o

I believe Q1 2016 is a realistic release date, tho.

Valenka
21st Aug 2014, 18:55
I believe Q1 2016 is a realistic release date, tho.

Agreed. It seems like a fair and reasonable assessment.

LaraCroft04
21st Aug 2014, 18:58
acprjl_family-guy-o.gif

Haha me too, here's hoping :D

It would be cool if this is true, but tbh I see more of a 6 month period.

Yeah I thought the same too, I thought it would be a minimum of 6 months to make the deal worthwhile to Microsoft, but if square have managed to get Microsofts' money and are still able to bring the game to playstation 4 after only a couple of months I have to admit I think they've done a good deal.

Are you sure this wasn't just some speculation from the sport's announcer? I'd love this to be true, but it is easy how he thought 'Holiday 2015' meant just two months (Nov/Dec). Unless this is confirmed, I'm just gonna take this with a pinch of salt. Thanks any way for sharing, LaraCroft04 :).

Hi Rai, this was my concern too but my dad said definitely not, the two sports presenters are Hawsbee and Jacobs, and Micheal Underwood just does the game segment, no sports coverage at all. I then said surely he wouldn't know this information before other games journalists got hold of it ? But my dad just said he's not been wrong before. I definitely understand your scepticism though, I was the same. Just shared incase anybody else had anymore info really :)

Valenka
21st Aug 2014, 19:02
I then said surely he wouldn't know this information before other games journalists got hold of it ? But my dad just said he's not been wrong before. I definitely understand your scepticism though, I was the same. Just shared incase anybody else had anymore info really :)

I did a search for any updates on the situation and no new information has been posted online, so I'm not sure where that radio personality got his alleged facts; I'm afraid that without a source, it's simply speculation. :o It would be nice if it were true though. :)

Tecstar70
21st Aug 2014, 19:43
Speculation based on a prediction of November/December exclusivity I would guess.

a_big_house
21st Aug 2014, 19:53
Speculation based on speculation! :eek: We are entering dangerous territory here :naughty:

Error96_
21st Aug 2014, 19:59
It sounds plausible. It could be that the deal isn't that long but Microsoft have told CD not to say anything so it seems like a bigger deal to get people to choose the Xbox version.

I hope hardly any TR fans get swayed in to getting this game for a different console to the one they were intending to or even worse get a new console based on the deal.

pidipidi39
21st Aug 2014, 19:59
Speculation based on speculation! :eek: We are entering dangerous territory here :naughty:
Actually... we're speculating that he's speculating about speculation.

a_big_house
21st Aug 2014, 20:02

http://38.media.tumblr.com/458c25ab87ed49287acfb8312a76be38/tumblr_mij7ypWKlN1r6ivgso1_250.gif

:lol:

LaraCroft04
21st Aug 2014, 20:21
I did a search for any updates on the situation and no new information has been posted online, so I'm not sure where that radio personality got his alleged facts; I'm afraid that without a source, it's simply speculation. :o It would be nice if it were true though. :)

Thank you for looking, I searched too and couldn't find a thing, which made me think he doesn't have any actual evidence to back this up and it's just an estimation like the rest of us are making, I was hoping somebody might have heard the actual conversation cause like I said I've only heard it second hand :(

Haha I know sorry, just had to share the information just in case. I really wish someone would come out and confirm what's going on

It sounds plausible. It could be that the deal isn't that long but Microsoft have told CD not to say anything so it seems like a bigger deal to get people to choose the Xbox version.

I hope hardly any TR fans get swayed in to getting this game for a different console to the one they were intending to or even worse get a new console based on the deal.

I think Microsoft would definitely try that haha, and I have to hold my hands up and say unfortunately I am one of the people who decided I'd get an Xbox one when I originally wanted a ps4 because of this announcement. For me I just couldn't wait for my favourite game.

Hahaha too much speculation ! We need confirmation :nut:

Rai
21st Aug 2014, 20:25
Quick! Someone tweet michael underwood! :eek: :p

"Uh, so I heard on teh internetz from someone that their dad said that you said RoTTR was a timed exclusive for just two months!!! Is this true or #speculation?

Not awkward at all. :whistle:

a_big_house
21st Aug 2014, 20:30
That's 36 characters too long :D

Rai
21st Aug 2014, 20:33
ABH, you should know me by now. I just don't do short messages. :p

a_big_house
21st Aug 2014, 20:34
AHB

Excuse me?

Well, I don't either, my last 5 tweets were about me eating pizza!

LaraCroft04
21st Aug 2014, 20:38
Quick! Someone tweet michael underwood! :eek: :p

"Uh, so I heard on teh internetz from someone that their dad said that you said RoTTR was a timed exclusive for just two months!!! Is this true or #speculation?

Not awkward at all. :whistle:

Hahaha, I've just tweeted him, il let you all know if he replies.

P.s I didn't say I heard it from my dad haha

a_big_house
21st Aug 2014, 20:41
LIES

"I've not heard it myself, but my dad's words were that Michael Underwood said that"

On a side note, how the hell would he even know? :lol:

kiadaw
21st Aug 2014, 20:47

http://media3.giphy.com/media/5vBUXo7cbTEOc/giphy.gif

LaraCroft04
21st Aug 2014, 20:56
LIES

"I've not heard it myself, but my dad's words were that Michael Underwood said that"

On a side note, how the hell would he even know? :lol:

I have a reason for this, he might be more likely to reply if he thinks I'm a fan of the show haha.

Well that's what I said, I don't see how he could know that and others don't. Surely it would be bigger news if it was true, but he said it as a definitive ' it will be out within 2 months ' not that he assumes it will be.

a_big_house
21st Aug 2014, 20:58
I have a reason for this, he might be more likely to reply if he thinks I'm a fan of the show haha.

Well that's what I said, I don't see how he could know that and others don't. Surely it would be bigger news if it was true, but he said it as a definitive ' it will be out within 2 months ' not that he assumes it will be.

OH, I totally misunderstood what you meant, you meant your tweet I thought you meant overall, my bad!
Well, maybe he's actually a voice actor for the game? :naughty:

Murphdawg1
21st Aug 2014, 21:09
I wonder if Driber or any other mods know and they just can't say.

a_big_house
21st Aug 2014, 21:10
Driver

This is becoming a problem now.

:D

EDIT: HAH I quoted you before your edit :p

ARaider
21st Aug 2014, 21:13
I think Microsoft would definitely try that haha, and I have to hold my hands up and say unfortunately I am one of the people who decided I'd get an Xbox one when I originally wanted a ps4 because of this announcement. For me I just couldn't wait for my favourite game.

NOOOO GUURLLL.:(
axeokc_Doctor_wait_what.gif

Hahaha too much speculation ! We need confirmation :nut:
We need information! and confirmation!:p

Driber
21st Aug 2014, 21:17

Oh wow, some guy presented an assumption as a fact? That's a first...

:p

Weemanply109
21st Aug 2014, 21:36

http://38.media.tumblr.com/458c25ab87ed49287acfb8312a76be38/tumblr_mij7ypWKlN1r6ivgso1_250.gif

My brain is in pain. :nut:

Metalrocks
22nd Aug 2014, 02:59
if true, that would be alright. pretty much just like with AC always being late. for pc that is.

Weemanply109
22nd Aug 2014, 04:43
if true, that would be alright. pretty much just like with AC always being late. for pc that is.

Well, atleast that Publisher learned from their mistakes.. :whistle: AC: Unity and Watch_Dogs have/will release alongside the console versions.

Metalrocks
22nd Aug 2014, 15:32
Well, atleast that Publisher learned from their mistakes.. :whistle: AC: Unity and Watch_Dogs have/will release alongside the console versions.

true. AC4 was also released at the same time. plus, they even released AC liberty which was cool and nice to play on pc.
lets hope they stick to it. even when it was aggravating to wait for the pc, it at least worked well. i had no problems with any of the games.

Weemanply109
22nd Aug 2014, 16:16
true. AC4 was also released at the same time. plus, they even released AC liberty which was cool and nice to play on pc.
lets hope they stick to it. even when it was aggravating to wait for the pc, it at least worked well. i had no problems with any of the games.

They plan to stick to it. Ubisoft rep recently address the PC platform and promised that they'd focus on us more now and giving us better optimization (they better be serious about this, their games are simply some of the worst modern AAA ports).

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/15/ubisoft-to-increase-focus-on-pc-gaming

Metalrocks
23rd Aug 2014, 02:41
They plan to stick to it. Ubisoft rep recently address the PC platform and promised that they'd focus on us more now and giving us better optimization (they better be serious about this, their games are simply some of the worst modern AAA ports).

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/15/ubisoft-to-increase-focus-on-pc-gaming

hope so too. but as i said, had actually really no hassle with any of the AC games. at least not serious once.
only once in AC4 when i was fighting on a ship, i suddenly fell through it in to the water. i coulndt swim out or climb out. so all i could do is wait until my men won the fight for the cutscene. which was actually amusing because the walls were invisible so i could look up and watch the entire fight.

the worst port from them was the RE4 for pc. displayed gamecube buttons and generally the controls were a nightmare and graphically it looked bad as well.

LaraCroft04
30th Aug 2014, 00:41
https://mobile.twitter.com/Kelly_Daniels1/status/502708614357057536

Well I guess that answers that ! Haha sorry for the misinformation :/ dad will be getting told off!

kiadaw
30th Aug 2014, 08:55
All the while I thought he was the main character for house of cards (the American version).....

Lord Martok
30th Aug 2014, 16:51
the worst port from them was the RE4 for pc. displayed gamecube buttons and generally the controls were a nightmare and graphically it looked bad as well. [/COLOR]

Yes.....RE4 looked and played much better as a hi-def remaster on PS3. :)

Metalrocks
31st Aug 2014, 01:42
Yes.....RE4 looked and played much better as a hi-def remaster on PS3. :)

well, the HD version they have released on steam is a huge improvement. now you can use finally the mouse, it displays the pc buttons, the characters looks much better too and the brown filter has been removed.

the only bad thing is that the backgrounds still looks blurry. also you cant strafe. which is weird for a third person shooter but well, it didnt take me long to get used to it.

and next year a remastered version of the GC version of RE 1 will be released on steam.

Lord Martok
31st Aug 2014, 02:36
well, the HD version they have released on steam is a huge improvement. now you can use finally the mouse, it displays the pc buttons, the characters looks much better too and the brown filter has been removed.

the only bad thing is that the backgrounds still looks blurry. also you cant strafe. which is weird for a third person shooter but well, it didnt take me long to get used to it.

Yeah....strafing didnt come into the RE games until about RE5 or 6.

and next year a remastered version of the GC version of RE 1 will be released on steam.

And PS4 and all the other major consoles. Yes, I saw that report a couple of weeks ago, and danced the jig. :)

Metalrocks
31st Aug 2014, 09:14
Yeah....strafing didnt come into the RE games until about RE5 or 6.

And PS4 and all the other major consoles. Yes, I saw that report a couple of weeks ago, and danced the jig. :)

yep, part 5 had it. in part 6 you could aim, walk and shoot at the same time.

didnt know about about the consoles,, just that it its only available as a digital sale.

Valenka
31st Aug 2014, 12:10
https://mobile.twitter.com/Kelly_Daniels1/status/502708614357057536

Well I guess that answers that ! Haha sorry for the misinformation :/ dad will be getting told off!

Indeed. Like I figured, he knows no more than the rest of us. :p

Murphdawg1
31st Aug 2014, 14:20
Indeed. Like I figured, he knows no more than the rest of us. :p

Somebody knows though and it will probably get leaked out sooner or later.