PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for the new Deus Ex

ezekielico
20th Aug 2014, 19:55
Better graphics - obviously

New styles hacking: for example as seen in ACIV

New optical camouflage: the objective would be to emulate an enemy to go unnoticed. Spend less energy, but could not make suspicious activities as crawling through vents or pull boxes as attention be called. By scanning someone could get the design of an enemy suit and by cloaking GlassShield with HoloMaker hologram technology could emulate being enemy. Also would have in mind is the weapon that is worn on the hands, and to be a multipurpose required to have a sniper rifle or service pistol. This also could apply to go unnoticed in a dangerous area to be a civil and emulating hiding augmentations such as the arms and glasses and camouflaging. Like using only partially camouflage.

New identification keys: retina scan, fingerprints, pattern, facial recognition ... are some of the examples that could open a door, a safe or disable some lasers.

Smarter enemies with improved AI: if an enemy does not respond by radio, the one who is trying to contact him will think that something has happened and advise or will meet you. Our character may also respond if an enemy radio contact him. There should be an augmentation like a voice modulator, and the voice of an enemy would be recorded before taking off him to answer with his emulated voice. Also there would be enemies with Eye-Know scanners that could detect you though walls and where you would hide.
Ability to control a computer remotely: through an augmentation you will control terminals that would allow control robots, cameras and remote door from the neuronal center would establish our character.

Further augmentations: at least 4 new of manual activation. A second wheel of augmentations would be included and the two wheels would be customizable. An example is the aforementioned new optical camouflage HoloMaker + GlassShield. Another might be an thermo-improvement shield that would descend your temperature at room temperature to avoid being detected by heat sensors or by scanner equipped with the Eye-Know enemies. Another system would FlashTime bullet time. This would make the brain acted upon a stimulus much faster than normal, giving the player the feeling that is moving at a normal speed while the world is slow, when in fact the character is moving twice to three times faster than normal.

Improvement of current augmentations: WayFinder will show mapping, not only enemies, intelligent vision system Eye-Know would have greater reach, ability to identify other objects as weapons and/or ammunition and a system that allows to see the bones and nerves of an enemy. This would have the utility if the projectile hits in the bottom of the spine, it would lose control of his legs and will be paraplegic until it bleeds and dead or until we finish with him personally, and something like that in every bone and nerves. The power transformer would have more improvements: by spending 2 praxis it would improve and that a cell would allow additional energy cell will be recharged automatically forever.

Differences in augmentations between levels of difficulty: if the lesser difficulty mode is chosen, augmentations improvements such as new power transformer is eliminated, since they already come as standard. Another option in the least difficult way would be to choose at first a manual activation augmentation without any cost of packages praxis.

Two-handed weapons: the perfect choice for frontal attacks. As Fedorova, could equip two machine guns at a time or two pistols. This might be a little confusing, because if you just want to pick up a gun ammunition of a fallen enemy (for example a gun) and it will automatically pick would have 2 instead of 1 This would be a disadvantage, because one may be silenced and the other not. Therefore, it could not be controlled if one wishes to kill or to kill quietly. That is why there would be an option to enable or disable pick up a second weapon or simply collect their ammunition.

New types of surveillance cameras: infrared camera, Eye-Know scanner camera, panoramic camera system... and also different and new designs.

Improved achievement system: at the end of each mission status will be assessed and this would add achievements such as having collected all possible information hidden in eBooks, computers and electronic agendas, killing all enemies, not killing anyone, have hacked all the terminals, not having done activating an alarm ...

New Game + Mode standard on the original game.

Different files on computers and/or PDAs: it might include videos, photographs, audio recordings ... on computers or PDAs that had to do with the plot, interesting or simply to enrich the experience.

Files ID: this system, as seen in Deus Ex The Fall, suggests the player find memory sticks containing a 3D model of an NPC, an enemy ... We could go deeper into this aspect including information such as their weapons, its tactics, its gains and in the case of key figures, information about its previous life.

More non-lethal weapons in Deus Ex Human Revolution are only 3 non-lethal weapons: the tranq gun, neutralizing threats BuzzKill and SPES. Since there are 10 lethal weapons compared to 3 and above (not including melee) but the Typhoon Explosive System, there is an imbalance in combat and there would be a wider range of possibilities if included at least one non-lethal increase and such weapons. For example, the Morfeo system (seen in The Fall) would be very useful in future installments, as you have 2 weapons in 1. A deadly crossbow and a non-deadly crossbow by the touch of a button for 2 seconds

Jito463
20th Aug 2014, 20:10
Holy wall of text, Batman. Have you never heard of paragraphs? Adding some extra spaces after sentences would go a long way towards making that more readable.

Having said that, I wanted to address something you said at the end, regarding the lack of non-lethal weapons. If I recall correctly (and CyberP can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :p ), but there were only 3 non-lethal weapons in the original. The Baton, the Mini-Crossbow (with tranq darts) and the Riot Prod.

I can't recall any other non-lethal weapons, aside from gas grenades.

CyberP
20th Aug 2014, 20:25
You should be confident in this knowledge already! A DX playthrough is overdue for you.

Yes you are correct, those are the only weapons capable of K.O'ing NPCs in DX1. Newbie here never mentioned any other DX games except HR and the Fall though.
Human Rev has 4 if you include non-lethal Takedowns. Tbh I think there should be more choice for stealth players, but only if ammo remains very scarce so you still have to get up close on occasion....so OP's list isn't all bad :p I like his idea for more camera types also.
Overall as a whole I find a lot of the list very disagreeable of course, but hey, newbie showing an interest in DX. Welcome newbie.

Jito463
21st Aug 2014, 02:32
You should be confident in this knowledge already! A DX playthrough is overdue for you.

True enough, it has been a while. Still, I'm *trying* to work through my 200+ backlog of games. :eek:

ezekielico
21st Aug 2014, 12:17
Holy wall of text, Batman. Have you never heard of paragraphs? Adding some extra spaces after sentences would go a long way towards making that more readable.

Having said that, I wanted to address something you said at the end, regarding the lack of non-lethal weapons. If I recall correctly (and CyberP can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :p ), but there were only 3 non-lethal weapons in the original. The Baton, the Mini-Crossbow (with tranq darts) and the Riot Prod.

I can't recall any other non-lethal weapons, aside from gas grenades.

Oops, I'm sorry. I've the spanish version of the game. I'm spanish and the name of the weapon would be incorrect. The problems with paragraph is no longer.

Thanks everyone for coments.

besyuziki
21st Aug 2014, 23:44
Story-wise, I'd appreciate a little less emphasis on the augmentation debate and more focus on politics and shady conspiracies in general.

By the end of 2020's, or whenever DX4 will take place, the whole pro-augs vs. anti-augs shouldn't be such a crazy spotlight. It was kind of repetitive that most generic NPC's said "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU FREAK" or "GO GO SHINY ARMS" whenever Jensen interacted with them. Yes it's obviously a hot topic, and yes the protagonist has intimidating mechanical augs, but still... Tone it down please.

More importantly, please don't fragment the story into little pieces, especially with this Deus Ex Universe thing, whatever it is. If 15% of the story requires a novel, 10% of it requires liking the official Facebook page, 8% of it requires a specific console, 7% of it requires a Gamestop™ DLC, 5% of it requires an iDevice app, 2% of it requires a Mountain Dew coupon, etc. the game will look, play and feel like an incomplete mess. The game should contain a full, coherent story, on all platforms (and after the whole Tomb Raider PR mess, do I even have to say it? NO LIMITED EXCLUSIVITY DEAL). Everything except the vanilla, bare-bone game should be extras, not pieces of a puzzle missing from the game, only whole when the player has access to everything.

Gameplay-wise, I have a few quick requests:

Please bring back real melee combat instead of one button fatalities takedowns (which also indirectly crippled the energy system because apparently a more liberal energy system with those takedowns would be overpowered).
Please revamp the skill system so that only mission progress is rewarded with XP. And MAYBE exploration.
Please bring back the amazing revolver (http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/05/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Revolver.jpg). To this day, it's by far my favorite handgun in any game.
Please let us use the vending machines to buy consumables.
Please don't make the preorder or retailer exclusives (e.g. the Silenced Sniper Rifle) infinitely better than their generic "poor man's" counterparts (e.g. the vanilla Sniper Rifle).
Please no "magically locked doors until the boss is dead" bull****. In DX:HR I would appreciate an option to evade the Tyrants, or spare their life after defeating them. How awesome could it be if we could let Fedorova live, and see the silent chick TALK to Adam for once, and even help him in one instance. You know, like how Faridah cleans the hangar if we save her life earlier.
Please avoid contextual augs like wall punch, which only work whenever it is convenient for the level designers. I would love to see more augs like Typhoon, jump enhancement, and Icarus landing system, which work everywhere. Let us explore and improvise.

CyberP
22nd Aug 2014, 00:04
Please bring back the amazing revolver (http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/05/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Revolver.jpg). To this day, it's by far my favorite handgun in any game.

The revolver is awesome, but it needed a couple of things:

1. More beefier fire SFX.
2. Explosive rounds need to be rare alternate ammo. Not an attachment that turns all the damn bullets into mini-rockets that are instant trace hit.
3. Cosmetic screen shake that is independent of recoil (all weapons need this).
4. And of course the iron sights misalignment needs abolishment.

Please don't make the preorder or retailer exclusives (e.g. the Silenced Sniper Rifle) infinitely better than their generic "poor man's" counterparts (e.g. the vanilla Sniper Rifle).

Whilst you love your revolver, the non-DLC sniper is probably my favourite sniper rifle in any game. It probably has the whisperhead beat in performance also, because it can be heavily modified. The whisperhead's advantage was the silencer.

Other than that, full agreement (for the most part).

FrankCSIS
22nd Aug 2014, 04:20
If 15% of the story requires a novel, 10% of it requires liking the official Facebook page, 8% of it requires a specific console, 7% of it requires a Gamestop™ DLC, 5% of it requires an iDevice app, 2% of it requires a Mountain Dew coupon,

I won't lie. I laughed. Hard!

LeMoN_LiMe
22nd Aug 2014, 05:43
See Deus Ex 1

Take out 3rd Person animations.

That is all.

besyuziki
28th Aug 2014, 09:42
The revolver is awesome, but it needed a couple of things:

1. More beefier fire SFX.
2. Explosive rounds need to be rare alternate ammo. Not an attachment that turns all the damn bullets into mini-rockets that are instant trace hit.
3. Cosmetic screen shake that is independent of recoil (all weapons need this).
4. And of course the iron sights misalignment needs abolishment.

I think explosive bullets feature was an acceptable compromise in a game without alternate ammo. But ideally, sure, it would be better to switch between regular and explosive ammo for versatility. Ammo switching... It's still unbelievable how ahead of its time DX1 was.

And wouldn't screen shake be too annoying and distracting after the initial wow factor? That depends on its execution I guess.

CyberP
28th Aug 2014, 13:12
And wouldn't screen shake be too annoying and distracting after the initial wow factor?.

Nope. It's standard industry design these days, makes the weapons feel more visceral.
OK, it's not exactly standard but a number of shooters use it and it makes a nice difference.

AdrianShephard
28th Aug 2014, 15:07
Ammo switching... It's still unbelievable how ahead of its time DX1 was.

No One Lives Forever had ammo switching and that came out in the same year.

I hate head bob, BTW. Annoys the **** out of me.

CyberP
28th Aug 2014, 15:45
No One Lives Forever had ammo switching and that came out in the same year.

I hate head bob, BTW. Annoys the **** out of me.

You are referring to camera shake when shooting? Because this is in DX1 even if you turn of the head bobbing whilst running option. It's a very subtle effect unlike head bobbing when running, it shouldn't annoy anyone.

AdrianShephard
28th Aug 2014, 16:40
You are referring to camera shake when shooting? Because this is in DX1 even if you turn of the head bobbing whilst running option. It's a very subtle effect unlike head bobbing when running, it shouldn't annoy anyone.

Oh sorry wasn't paying attention. I meant head bob when walking.

Jito463
28th Aug 2014, 18:51

Head bobbing usually doesn't annoy me, only S.T.A.L.K.E.R. made me nauseous from the horrendous bobbing it had. Fortunately, there were user created mods to reduce the head bob, which made it much more tolerable for me. Without it, I couldn't even stand more than a few minutes of that game.

Miyavi
4th Oct 2014, 19:33
LOL coop? Hard to say that w/ a straight face.

Shralla
4th Oct 2014, 19:52
LOL coop? Hard to say that w/ a straight face.

It's one of those things that, if done right, it would be fantastic. But it probably wouldn't be done right. It would need to be a separate campaign, with characters who each had different augmentations than the main character, augmentations that could be used to collaborate with the other player.

That would be a ton of extra work, and I doubt they'd be willing to put that much effort into it.

Miyavi
4th Oct 2014, 20:56
It's one of those things that, if done right, it would be fantastic. But it probably wouldn't be done right. It would need to be a separate campaign, with characters who each had different augmentations than the main character, augmentations that could be used to collaborate with the other player.

That would be a ton of extra work, and I doubt they'd be willing to put that much effort into it.

See, I like coop games that are integrated in main campaign, such as FUSE, that game was decent. Games like the division really look like they could hit my sweet spot.

I'm a coop fan, and as many prob. know, coop has taken a backseat in the gaming industry, unless its some cheap only add on, separate from the story.

There many logical ways to make coop viable in good games like Deus Ex, but there just hasn't been many companies willing to put the thought behind it.

Jito463
4th Oct 2014, 22:19
See, I like coop games that are integrated in main campaign, such as FUSE, that game was decent. Games like the division really look like they could hit my sweet spot.

I'm a coop fan, and as many prob. know, coop has taken a backseat in the gaming industry, unless its some cheap only add on, separate from the story.

There many logical ways to make coop viable in good games like Deus Ex, but there just hasn't been many companies willing to put the thought behind it.

If you like co-op, and you're into RPG's, you should check out Divinity: Original Sin. It's main campaign is based entirely around the premise of controlling two main characters, which carries directly over to the co-op game (which is entirely drop-in/drop-out).

Miyavi
4th Oct 2014, 23:10
If you like co-op, and you're into RPG's, you should check out Divinity: Original Sin. It's main campaign is based entirely around the premise of controlling two main characters, which carries directly over to the co-op game (which is entirely drop-in/drop-out).

Nice, checked it out on steam and it looks pretty good from what I see. Coop and strategy is even better.

Shralla
5th Oct 2014, 00:09
See, I like coop games that are integrated in main campaign, such as FUSE, that game was decent.

In most cases I would agree. Something so RPG heavy like Deus Ex though needs complimentary player abilities and forced cooperation to get past obstacles, two things that a single-player RPG lacks entirely.

Miyavi
5th Oct 2014, 22:55
In most cases I would agree. Something so RPG heavy like Deus Ex though needs complimentary player abilities and forced cooperation to get past obstacles, two things that a single-player RPG lacks entirely.

Hmm, interesting.

Complimentary abilities can take a back seat or be an extra for more damage or higher chance succeeded in specific tasks, i.e intel gather, infiltration, etc.

Thinkin Deus Ex, a game based on choices, gathering information, communicating with A.I. we could have a completely new form of entertainment.

Think splinter cell blacklist, although I havent tried the coop campaign, and I def. want to. I could imagine in levels like Tai Yong Medical, there being multiple objectives for each player to tackle, objectives that are both optional(of course making completing your task easier) and needed to complete an objective in the future.

There are so many ways that it could be done, even as an optional choice, that its sad that game companies don't put any thought into coop games. It opens up so many options, for creative gameplay.

The thing is, I won't be destroyed if they don't. As long as they try to improve.

I do have ideas even for single player but still reading others ideas. I wonder how much they read these boards ;p I know they do.

AdrianShephard
5th Oct 2014, 23:03
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory does coop the best. It's a separate campaign that forces you to work with your partner. Really intense and the most fun I've ever had with coop.

johntravoltadenton
6th Oct 2014, 09:20
IMO DX4 should be a decent game for stealth-fans. Decent stealth game is game in which:
1. You don't have to kill, or even attack (unconscious) ANY character. So no bosses.
2. You can complete the game not being seen by anyone
3. If you do the above, noone in the game is even be aware of your existence. No talking like "I heard Sarif's god, Adam Jensen, can disappear when he wants"
4. You don't even have to directly talk to anyone (extension of rules 2. and 3.)

Also, it should be a decent cyberpunk RPG game. So:
1. You can hack anything and retrieve any information
2. You can complete most (if not all) missions by espionage and using of information
3. You can communicate (not necessarily talk, look stealth rule 4) with people from some kind of Underground (I assume there will be Underground in DX4) and give them information you retrieved to influence the story/ending.
4. You encounter morally difficult decisions.

THAT would be an awesome game.

johntravoltadenton
6th Oct 2014, 09:35
Also, there should be some tributes to original DX. Like grenade climbing. Imagine the situation: you level up, buy yourself a skill "grenade climbing", walk up to the wall, and, if you have at least 4 grenades (will explain later why 4), you climb up the wall!

Why 4? It shouldn't look like in DX where you just walked on a grenade and then on the next one. It's 2014 at all. There should be 4 grenades necessary, 2 for legs and 2 for arms. See, you first attach the leg grenades, then arms grenades, climb up, then you take one leg grenade, attach it on a higher point, grab it, put one leg on free arm-grenade, take second leg-grenade, attach it higher, put second leg on second arm-grenade, climb up and again from the beginning. In 3-rd person game it would look awesome (and a little funny easter-eggy too), but in 1st person game it would rock too.

Jito463
6th Oct 2014, 15:06
Also, there should be some tributes to original DX. Like grenade climbing. Imagine the situation: you level up, buy yourself a skill "grenade climbing", walk up to the wall, and, if you have at least 4 grenades (will explain later why 4), you climb up the wall!

Why 4? It shouldn't look like in DX where you just walked on a grenade and then on the next one. It's 2014 at all. There should be 4 grenades necessary, 2 for legs and 2 for arms. See, you first attach the leg grenades, then arms grenades, climb up, then you take one leg grenade, attach it on a higher point, grab it, put one leg on free arm-grenade, take second leg-grenade, attach it higher, put second leg on second arm-grenade, climb up and again from the beginning. In 3-rd person game it would look awesome (and a little funny easter-eggy too), but in 1st person game it would rock too.

I...I just....NO!
:mad2:
*sigh*

AdrianShephard
6th Oct 2014, 17:37
IMO DX4 should be a decent game for stealth-fans. Decent stealth game is game in which:
1. You don't have to kill, or even attack (unconscious) ANY character. So no bosses.
3. If you do the above, noone in the game is even be aware of your existence. No talking like "I heard Sarif's god, Adam Jensen, can disappear when he wants"
4. You don't even have to directly talk to anyone (extension of rules 2. and 3.)

Also, it should be a decent cyberpunk RPG game. So:
2. You can complete most (if not all) missions by espionage and using of information
3. You can communicate (not necessarily talk, look stealth rule 4) with people from some kind of Underground (I assume there will be Underground in DX4) and give them information you retrieved to influence the story/ending.

THAT would be an awesome game.

I thought you were describing DX for a moment there. Only like 2 of your points that aren't in the game.

Mousehunt
6th Oct 2014, 22:33
Grenade... climbing... ?

Huh wtf?

Grenade Climbing, that's what you came up with?

johntravoltadenton
15th Oct 2014, 18:33
I thought you were describing DX for a moment there. Only like 2 of your points that aren't in the game.

None of those points is in original DX. You can't complete all quests (side-quests inluded) not attacking anyone. You can't even do that in half of the missions available. You can't complete the game not being seen. Most obvious example is getting arrested by Gunther, but there is a thousand more examples of that. No matter how hard you try, people will be also aware of your existence (both in DX and DXHR - I didn't play Invisible War so don't know how's there). You can't also complete ANY mission in DX not talking to anyone.

In original DX you can hack every computer, but in most cases it's not worth time. You can't do anything with most of information retrieved. Also, in DX there was no real espionage and using of information. This game was never meant to be like that. You can't give the NSF any valuable information in DX (as far as I remember), and none of the decisions you make in DX is morally difficult - all of them are really obvious.

Tl;dr while original DX is a great game, it didn't meet any of my requirements for a (stealth-based) game to be remembered for all times.

Shralla
15th Oct 2014, 23:51
Then why does it consistently top lists of greatest games of all time? Many of your points are decidedly un-Deus Ex, like the idea of not ever talking to anyone. The game is not about avoiding interaction. It's a stealth-action game, not a pure stealth game. It always has been.

The game you're describing is much more similar to Thief or Dishonored.

AdrianShephard
16th Oct 2014, 00:54
Tl;dr while original DX is a great game, it didn't meet any of my requirements for a (stealth-based) game to be remembered for all times.

The "my requirements" are the key words in your sentence.

I think there is a way to not kill anyone in the original DX (not using killphrases either). Other than that, you don't have to attack anyone in the original game if you don't count killphrases.

You can do this, though I don't know if you literally mean "seen" or if you're implying "detected". If it's the latter, than yes you can do this. If it's the former, then I don't know why you don't want to be seen in a FPS...even Splinter Cell had times where you were seen.

Most obvious example is getting arrested by Gunther, but there is a thousand more examples of that.

There aren't "a thousand more examples". Maybe 1 or 2, but I'm sure not more.

This is in DX also. I'm pretty sure no one talks about JC. If they do, it's probably MJ12, and remember that they created you so of course they know about your existence.

I don't understand why this would make a game good...? If this is supposed to be an extension of your own life, then I don't think this can apply to a video game with similar success ;). But anyway, you can skip a good portion of the conversations in the original DX if you know the keycodes/secrets ahead of time. This point isn't completely satisfied by DX, I agree.

In original DX you can hack every computer, but in most cases it's not worth time. You can't do anything with most of information retrieved.

You may think it isn't worth the time to hack computers, but I sure did. Even emails with seemingly "useless" subjects gave some backstory on the world in DX. Datacubes/books/emails were the way the writers fleshed out the characters/atmosphere. If you can't appreciate that, then that's your fault, not the game's.

You can complete missions using espionage. There always was a way to finish a mission undetected and using information acquired throughout the level (keycodes, paths, etc). If you want more, see Splinter Cell.

This is mighty specific. This is also extremely subjective, more so than the other points.

A weak point of DX, I know. At least the ending (especially Tong's) was somewhat difficult for me.

What you want isn't Deus Ex, it's something more similar to Splinter Cell. Not being seen at all and not talking to anyone are two points that will ruin Deus Ex; storytelling will be greatly affected if the devs work with these two requirements in place.

OneUp77
18th Oct 2014, 16:02
Needs moar regerative health and action.

Needs more dumb AI and handholding.

AdrianShephard
18th Oct 2014, 17:27

You forgot contextual jumping and love affairs.

CyberP
21st Oct 2014, 02:29

I think the game does need more action (if you choose the action/combat playstyle). The original DX featured more action than Human Revolution, though it featured more content in general (not including aesthetic detail density per map as HR wins there) and was a longer game so this is a given.
Basically I think DX4 needs more content comparible to DX1, and visuals should be sacrificed to achieve this, which is why I wish they'd use the Crystal engine again: to recycle some assets from before, within reason, which will save a lot of time and money to invest elsewhere rather than starting from scratch. this doesn't mean limited interactivity or takedowns have to return, what was done in DX3 can be changed. Not only this but they had became skilled in Crystal's use which obviously is an advantage.

Don't forget DX1 had health regen and it was the most insanely OP type of regen in video games to date perhaps, but it was at least optional, relied on a limited resource, had to be turned on and was given to you 1/3rd of the way through the game though. Doesn't change the fact of how OP it was, but these things make it somewhat forgivable, especially the optional aspect.

All stuff I've said before, but worth repeating.

You forgot contextual jumping and love affairs.

Many tears would be shed.

See Deus Ex 1

Take out 3rd Person animations.

That is all.

How would you make Deus Ex 1 better then? I'm fishing for ideas, not that I've ran out, but I just may not be seeing something. Plus Deus Ex was far from perfect (still the GOAT though).

Tverdyj
19th Dec 2014, 22:06
I'm 90% sure we've had this discussion already.

Things HR did better: hacking, covo battles, gunplay, Exploring verticality in hubs (ILS).
The one good innovation in IW that HR expanded, but can be taken further: weapon mods/customization.
Things DX can do better: melee combat. See Dark Messiah of Might + Magic, possibly Riddick (haven't gotten far in that game, but hand to hand was neat, dunno about melee weapons).
Movement system-Mirror's edge remains king when it comes to first person movement scheme. At the very least, put in in Thief's mantling.

That's the technical stuff off the top of my head.

Shralla
20th Dec 2014, 01:09
I'm 90% sure we've had this discussion already.

Yeah, like four months ago when this topic was posted, and two months ago when it was last posted in.

Things HR did better: hacking, covo battles, gunplay, Exploring verticality in hubs (ILS).

Absolutely not. There are invisible ceilings in Human Revolution that make it so you can't jump past a certain point. On top of the that the ILS locks you into a canned animation, and has a habit of interrupting long-jump attempts, forcing you straight to the ground. Combine that with third-person ladder climbing and there was nothing better about the verticality in HR at all.

Tverdyj
20th Dec 2014, 03:58
Yeah, like four months ago when this topic was posted, and two months ago when it was last posted in.

Absolutely not. There are invisible ceilings in Human Revolution that make it so you can't jump past a certain point. On top of the that the ILS locks you into a canned animation, and has a habit of interrupting long-jump attempts, forcing you straight to the ground. Combine that with third-person ladder climbing and there was nothing better about the verticality in HR at all.

Given I don't see any post by my old 5-character-long-name-which-cannot-be-re-registered in this thread, I'm guessing me and CyberP had this discussion in some other thread before

As for verticality--As i've said i'm talking about the hubs. In particular the Yuzhao district of Hengsha. I remember the invisible war in the harbour you couldn't climb over, and yes, it was annoying.

My love for ILS has to do with it eliminating one of the biggest annoyances of FPS games with exploration elements--falling to your death due to a poorly time jump. I don't like the 3rd person cutscenes (given the post before mine was CyberPs endorsing the removal of 3rd person cutscenes I assumed it was implied, but I see I forgot to quote it), and I agree we don't need 3rd person to climb a ladder.

FrankCSIS
20th Dec 2014, 05:24
I'm guessing me and CyberPhad

Now now, no need to be calling anyone names!

CyberP
31st Dec 2014, 00:09
My love for ILS has to do with it eliminating one of the biggest annoyances of FPS games with exploration elements--falling to your death due to a poorly time jump..

Speak for yourself, I love first person platforming. It shouldn't take long to get used to the last-second timing of a jump

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st Dec 2014, 17:34
Now now, no need to be calling anyone names!

Exactly; we must all strive to be better human-beings.
PS. Omar can assist you with this. :p