PDA

View Full Version : Playable flasbacks?

shwanedangles
19th Aug 2014, 05:39
I think it would be pretty cool if there were short missions in between the story. Flashbacks of when he was young or dreams of assassinating targets from previous games would definitly be pretty interesting. Anyone have any other ideas?

FootFetish4Life
19th Aug 2014, 06:41
I definitely DO NOT want to replay old levels in Hitman 6. And playing these levels via flashbacks would be Contracts all over again.

An idea like this has already been suggested, about classic levels with the Glacier 2 engine, except in the form on DLC separate from the main game.

kewlak
19th Aug 2014, 09:40
I think it would be pretty cool if there were short missions in between the story. Flashbacks of when he was young or dreams of assassinating targets from previous games would definitly be pretty interesting. Anyone have any other ideas?
Yes! Flashbacks from 47's childhood would be very interesting. Missions from 47's past also, but i don't want to play Lee Hong Assassination for the 3rd time :) .
Nightmares like in old Max Payne games would be great too.
EDIT:
I want to see mr.17!

Itsrob
19th Aug 2014, 17:42
I second the idea of adding remakes of C:47 - BM levels remade with glacier 2 for DLC. That would be awesome and I and i'm sure many others would pay extra for it.

AdrianShephard
19th Aug 2014, 18:51
I second the idea of adding remakes of C:47 - BM levels remade with glacier 2 for DLC. That would be awesome and I and i'm sure many others would pay extra for it.

I'm for remakes only if they are DLC...and not missions that were already remade.

I don't want any BM missions remade though, that game is pretty recent and accessible if you want to go back and play it.

FootFetish4Life
20th Aug 2014, 02:57
I don't want any BM missions remade though, that game is pretty recent and accessible if you want to go back and play it.

I commend you on flying to the moon but for the rest of us, 2006 is not recent.

IMO, and I've never played C:47, but Blood Money has the bulk of the interesting levels in the series. Contracts had Meat King's Party and Beldingford Manor, but I can't think of a single level from Silent Assassin that really stood out, I don't know if the dated graphics or technology had anything to do with it, but IO will be very selective when picking levels to remake and Blood Money had the most interesting levels; Curtains Down, A New Life, Murder of Crows, You Better Watch Out!, House of Cards, Dance With A Devil - nothing in Silent Assassin was even remotely as interesting. Also, the introduction to Accidents give the BM levels an upper hand. Contracts levels were fun but they apart of a bigger picture, the rain, the flashbacks, that's why they were fun to me.

I really can't imagine them remaking levels without including Blood Money.

gkkiller
20th Aug 2014, 12:37
If any flashbacks are to be had or levels are to be remade, I vote IO remakes Absolution missions. They could all benefit massively from being overhauled and consolidated into large sandbox areas. Two missions I really liked, Attack of the Saints and Operation Sledgehammer, could both benefit greatly from remakes - the only problem is that neither are really Hitman style, because of the noticeable lack of civilians, but that's easily fixed in the latter, by making the attack a scripted event: 47 starts off in jail, escapes and recovers his equipment, and then leaves - triggering the attack. In the midst of the chaos, he can pursue Skurky and kill him, or find a nice vantage point and snipe him (the starting point of the Hope Fair level?). The mission ends as 47 finds what he needs (I think it was Victoria's location) by getting it from Skurky's body, and makes his escape in an Agency vehicle.

AdrianShephard
20th Aug 2014, 12:49
IMO, and I've never played C:47, but Blood Money has the bulk of the interesting levels in the series. Contracts had Meat King's Party and Beldingford Manor, but I can't think of a single level from Silent Assassin that really stood out, I don't know if the dated graphics or technology had anything to do with it, but IO will be very selective when picking levels to remake and Blood Money had the most interesting levels; Curtains Down, A New Life, Murder of Crows, You Better Watch Out!, House of Cards, Dance With A Devil - nothing in Silent Assassin was even remotely as interesting. Also, the introduction to Accidents give the BM levels an upper hand. Contracts levels were fun but they apart of a bigger picture, the rain, the flashbacks, that's why they were fun to me.

I really can't imagine them remaking levels without including Blood Money.

I'm not implying that BM isn't worth some remakes (i.e. because it's bad), BM is just more accessible to play than the older games, so if you are craving to play New Life (which I think is the most boring level), pop it into your 360/PS3. There are no compatibility issues or anything similar with a console that you have to worry about on a computer -- which is how C:47, H2, Contracts are primarily played. On top of that, the graphics in H2/Contracts are much more dated, lending to the need of a remakes. I get that BM was your introduction to the franchise so you automatically hold it higher than the others, but saying that no level in H2 is even close to being as interesting as one in BM is a far fetched claim that makes me question whether you have completed the game. There are certainly levels in H2 better than Vintage Year, New Life, and Curtains Down. I'll give you Dance With The Devil...I actually would want that to be remade. That's a nice mission.

I commend you on flying to the moon but for the rest of us, 2006 is not recent.

Explain the bolded bit to me...? 2006 isn't actually that far away game-wise; you wouldn't see games like TES: Oblivion (2006), SC: Double Agent (2006), HL: Episode One (2006), or Gears of War (2006) get remade/remastered anytime soon because they are relatively recent. Add to that the engines/software used in those games passes as 'modern' -- as opposed to older games that are noticeably stuck in the pre-HD era e.g. GTA: San Andreas -- and you can see why newer games are fine as is...that is, unless the publisher does a cash grab and remasters an already new game like Last of Us, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, and GTA (GTA has a popular multiplayer, so that's a good enough reason).

I could see why 2006 would be far away if you were growing up during those years, though.

AGENT 58
20th Aug 2014, 13:15
I agree with Adrian Shephard.
Some missions from Hitman 2 would definitely be worth remaking.
Levels like Anathema,Invitation to a party,Jacuzzi job would be interesting to see with Glacier 2 engine.

FootFetish4Life
20th Aug 2014, 21:55
I never mentioned A Vintage Year. It was one of my least favorites.

Adrian Shephard, you didn't like A New Life, and this goes back to our discussion about the soundtrack, so I understand why. To me, A New Life was all about the look and sound of the level, and the many different ways of accessing the house, you had the both sides of the house, the front door, the tree house, the clown, there were just so many options. It's a shame you didn't like it.

I'm not implying that BM isn't worth some remakes (i.e. because it's bad), BM is just more accessible to play than the older games, so if you are craving to play New Life (which I think is the most boring level), pop it into your 360/PS3. There are no compatibility issues or anything similar with a console that you have to worry about on a computer -- which is how C:47, H2, Contracts are primarily played. On top of that, the graphics in H2/Contracts are much more dated, lending to the need of a remakes. I get that BM was your introduction to the franchise so you automatically hold it higher than the others, but saying that no level in H2 is even close to being as interesting as one in BM is a far fetched claim that makes me question whether you have completed the game. There are certainly levels in H2 better than Vintage Year, New Life, and Curtains Down. I'll give you Dance With The Devil...I actually would want that to be remade. That's a nice mission.

Blood Money's graphics and game play are both dated. A Murder of Crows, for example, would be a lot better with Absolution's crowd technology.

Explain the bolded bit to me...?

Time goes by faster on the moon.

FootFetish4Life
20th Aug 2014, 22:01
I agree with Adrian Shephard.
Some missions from Hitman 2 would definitely be worth remaking.
Levels like Anathema,Invitation to a party,Jacuzzi job would be interesting to see with Glacier 2 engine.

Anathema was my favorite level in Silent Assassin. Invitation to a Party is a cheaper version of Traditions of the Trade. I wouldn't remake either but if I had to pick one I'd go with the latter. No sense in remaking both. And Jacuzzi Job, well, I guess you're entitled to your opinion.

AdrianShephard
20th Aug 2014, 23:14
Adrian Shephard, you didn't like A New Life, and this goes back to our discussion about the soundtrack, so I understand why. To me, A New Life was all about the look and sound of the level, and the many different ways of accessing the house, you had the both sides of the house, the front door, the tree house, the clown, there were just so many options. It's a shame you didn't like it.

It's not about the music. The place is just so...static. The whole level is stale. Nothing is going on...just a couple of NPC's looping with no purpose. If there actually were guests or something...maybe. Almost every other mission locale had something interesting in it: in Curtains Down there was a opera rehearsal, in DWTD there were two big parties going on, in Murder of Crows there was Mardi Gras celebration, etc. etc. Don't know, different tastes I guess. That's my biggest complaint (apart from the disguise system) of BM: there isn't much sense of urgency. Now that could be because of the soundtrack, but more likely because of the ridiculous disguises.

Blood Money's graphics and game play are both dated. A Murder of Crows, for example, would be a lot better with Absolution's crowd technology.

Eh...BM is relatively good. There are more recent games that are worse. Look at the flip side though, BM is better graphically and gameplay-wise to the older 3 titles, so if you think BM is dated...

Whatever, if IO decides to remake levels, they shouldn't make them predominately BM. If there were 5 remakes I would choose: Say Hello To My Little Friend (C:47), The Jacuzzi Job (H2), Hidden Valley et. al (H2), Beldingford Manor (Contracts), and Dance With The Devil (BM) -- and as a bonus Motorcade Interception (H2) for a mini level. I wouldn't want only an update to AI and graphics, but almost a complete redesign of the map like Contracts did with the Hong Kong missions.

Time goes by faster on the moon.

Ah. Didn't put two and two together.

And Jacuzzi Job, well, I guess you're entitled to your opinion.

That's a good mission, but it would be better if it was bigger. I still don't get why everyone likes Anathema...is it something I'm missing?

FootFetish4Life
20th Aug 2014, 23:58
Anathema was favorite mission in Silent Assassin. I didn't necessarily like it.

You left out The Meat King's Party :scratch:. That mission would be absolutely sick with Absolution's graphics.

A remake of Say Hello to My Little Friend I wouldn't mind because I never played it.

Hidden Valley?? Really? I thought that mission was whack. Hidden Valley and Jacuzzi Job were both pieces to a bigger puzzle. I don't think portion levels would make good standalone missions for remakes. Especially Jacuzzi Job, which was particularly small and short. Unless you want to include their duller counterparts.

gkkiller
21st Aug 2014, 05:06
Anathema was favorite mission in Silent Assassin. I didn't necessarily like it.

You left out The Meat King's Party :scratch:. That mission would be absolutely sick with Absolution's graphics.

A remake of Say Hello to My Little Friend I wouldn't mind because I never played it.

Hidden Valley?? Really? I thought that mission was whack. Hidden Valley and Jacuzzi Job were both pieces to a bigger puzzle. I don't think portion levels would make good standalone missions for remakes. Especially Jacuzzi Job, which was particularly small and short. Unless you want to include their duller counterparts.

He said Hidden Valley et al., so I think he meant the following missions should be included in the remake.

FootFetish4Life
21st Aug 2014, 07:02
He said Hidden Valley et al., so I think he meant the following missions should be included in the remake.

I see. That makes more sense.

AdrianShephard
21st Aug 2014, 15:25

I'm thinking IO would include more missions like this one in H6 so it would be redundant. They know we all liked the mission (IO specifically mentioned it when they announced Contracts on Steam). From what I have seen in the 'favorite Hitman game thread', most people praised the darker theme of Contracts, so here's hoping they make H6 like that. I won't welcome Absolution's graphics if there is that grainy filter that makes the screen look fuzzy; I really hated that.

Beldingford Manor was pure genius. The amount of entries to the estate was astounding. All of the secret passages, the rain, and the premise of saving someone before they are hunted gave off an eerie feel.

Hidden Valley?? Really? I thought that mission was whack... I don't think portion levels would make good standalone missions for remakes.

Hidden Valley and the other Japanese missions did suck, but that's why they need remakes. There is so much potential. IO could merge Hidden Valley and At The Gates...and if they are going with enormous maps, they could include the castle in there as well. They could also fix that horrendous AI where people see through your mask from miles away...

Especially Jacuzzi Job, which was particularly small and short.

Yeah, Jacuzzi Job was pretty short. I sort of want them to take the idea behind the level and expand on it i.e. redesign the map so it's bigger but still captures the feel of the original. Heck, it would be awesome if they merged Basement Killing, Graveyard Shift, and Jacuzzi Job into one massive level.

I don't want map reskins like they did with Traditions of the Trade. IIRC, the only really noticeable differences are the closure to the pool area -- in the original you could walk in your tights with everyone else to the pool -- and the ghost/murder (I'm pretty sure this wasn't in C:47). Everything else was almost identical.

Out of the 5 I chose, three of them are actually in need of redesigns. DWTD and Beld. Manor are classics and are arguably the best level in their respective games. I didn't feel like BM needed any remakes because most of the levels are designed well as is (with a few questionable choices). C:47 and H2, with their multi-part missions, could use some glue here and there. Say Hello To My Little Friend and its sister missions are the only ones not remade in Contracts. It's actually a nice level that's more fun if you kill everyone. The map is barren though, so more guards and better AI are badly needed.

I'll link the SHTMYF for you. The soundtrack in the mission is great BTW; the other jungle theme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RoXrTd6NY8) is similar but a bit better IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iize5FzfGCo

FootFetish4Life
21st Aug 2014, 23:53
Thanks for the link. I would've loved to play that mission in Contracts. Would've made for an interesting target. I think maybe, the weather kept it from being in Contracts, as it looks better during the day, idk.

I wanted to see a return to China or Japan with ninjas but as an all new level with better gameplay, not just a remake of something old. The Hidden Valley chapter did have a lot of potential, but I'd like to see a new chapter that's a hybrid of that region from both Contracts (urban) and Silent Assassin (rural). But maybe we've seen enough of Hong Kong or Japan. If they just remake Hidden Valley et al, I'd say include At the Gates and the castle portion.

gkkiller
22nd Aug 2014, 05:12
Thanks for the link. I would've loved to play that mission in Contracts. Would've made for an interesting target. I think maybe, the weather kept it from being in Contracts, as it looks better during the day, idk.

I wanted to see a return to China or Japan with ninjas but as an all new level with better gameplay, not just a remake of something old. The Hidden Valley chapter did have a lot of potential, but I'd like to see a new chapter that's a hybrid of that region from both Contracts (urban) and Silent Assassin (rural). But maybe we've seen enough of Hong Kong or Japan. If they just remake Hidden Valley et al, I'd say include At the Gates and the castle portion.

If anything, I think it would be nightmare fuel to navigate through a hot and humid rainforest in the dead of the night with torrents of tropical rain pouring down all around you.

I second the idea of a return to Japan as an all new mission. Make it feel different from the H2 ones - they felt very imposing, with the odds stacked against you, and it really felt like you'd gone back in time. Making a new mission not feel like a rehash of an old mission would help it stand out as well.