PDA

View Full Version : I support tomb raider

m0cket90
17th Aug 2014, 19:03
I am upset that tomb raider is an exclusive to xbox, even if it is a timed exclusive. I do not feel like waiting for the game to come out to ps4 so I will do the unthinkable, I will buy an xbox one. I do not like xbox one so I will not allow Microsoft take my money. I've already spoken to a manger of gamestop. I will buy a used xbox one to play tomb raider on release day. I will however return the console and get my money back. Desperate? Possibly. But I played this game since I was 7.

So, I will buy Xbox one, return it in seven days and get my money and return the game. I will only lose 25 bucks. But I won't mind cause tomb raider is worth every penny. But you will not get any money from me mircosoft, so here's my middle finger to you for making me go creative.

medievil
17th Aug 2014, 19:13
I am upset that tomb raider is an exclusive to xbox, even if it is a timed exclusive. I do not feel like waiting for the game to come out to ps4 so I will do the unthinkable, I will buy an xbox one. I do not like xbox one so I will not allow Microsoft take my money. I've already spoken to a manger of gamestop. I will buy a used xbox one to play tomb raider on release day. I will however return the console and get my money back. Desperate? Possibly. But I played this game since I was 7.

So, I will buy Xbox one, return it in seven days and get my money and return the game. I will only lose 25 bucks. But I won't mind cause tomb raider is worth every penny. But you will not get any money from me mircosoft, so here's my middle finger to you for making me go creative.

hmmm..sounds like a paid post from M$ or CD to try to sway opinion and take a little heat off. No way would I buy, even a used xbox one, just to play a single game...I especially am not going to go your route and loose money on the deal as well. I will just wait, buy the game used at some point int he future.. that way neither M$ or CD get money for their bad decisions

Valenka
17th Aug 2014, 19:33
I definitely wouldn't do that; that's exactly what Microsoft wants. But if that's what you want to do, go for it. :)

m0cket90
17th Aug 2014, 19:35
The only lost is the game since you opened it. You lose 25 dollars when you trade it in. I want to play tomb raider but I also don't want an xbox one. So I'm giving Microsoft a giant middle finger because I won't spend a penny on xbox one. As long as I return it within 7 days I won't lose a penny.

Tecstar70
17th Aug 2014, 19:46
Wow. I'm not sure I would do that. Good luck to you mate if you want to. Whatever makes you happy.

Treeble
17th Aug 2014, 19:56
Smart thinking, nevertheless. If I could, I'd probably do that as well because I have no interest in owning an Xbox One.

m0cket90
17th Aug 2014, 20:04
Smart thinking, nevertheless. If I could, I'd probably do that as well because I have no interest in owning an Xbox One.

Thanks, it's a loophole I found. I can still give tomb raider my money and also give Microsoft the middle finger cause they won't get a penny from me.

Weemanply109
17th Aug 2014, 20:27
What if it takes you so long to play through Rise that you miss the time-window to return it?

m0cket90
17th Aug 2014, 20:41
What if it takes you so long to play through Rise that you miss the time-window to return it?

I have 7 days... its not like I'm going for achievements. Only 1 play through will be enough for me.

Valenka
17th Aug 2014, 20:44
I don't know what GameStop manager you spoke with that said you can return the Xbox One console even after you open it and play it. Last I checked, the GameStop return policy does not honour returns on merchandise that has been opened or even played.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

Hopefully they don't give you another story when you try to return the console. When I worked at GameStop, you can't return anything that's been opened; if it's defective, they replace it, not refund the money. I know their policy hasn't changed, but maybe that manager is nice enough to let you "test drive" a console.

I'd rather simply rent the game for $2 at RedBox and play it on a friend's console if I didn't have one. :p

Treeble
17th Aug 2014, 21:34
He says in the first post he's getting an used Xbox, to which I think the very first policy on your link applies. 7 days should be plenty to experience the game.

m0cket90
17th Aug 2014, 22:35
I don't know what GameStop manager you spoke with that said you can return the Xbox One console even after you open it and play it. Last I checked, the GameStop return policy does not honour returns on merchandise that has been opened or even played.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

Hopefully they don't give you another story when you try to return the console. When I worked at GameStop, you can't return anything that's been opened; if it's defective, they replace it, not refund the money. I know their policy hasn't changed, but maybe that manager is nice enough to let you "test drive" a console.

I'd rather simply rent the game for $2 at RedBox and play it on a friend's console if I didn't have one. :p

Exactly. It's for used. I would never buy new what are you nuts? I hate xbox. I'm only doing this to play the game cause I ain't waiting almost 2 damn years for a game.

nodq24
17th Aug 2014, 23:37
Microsoft will be barely lucky with me as I have decided a few days ago that I'm picking up a x1, but I'm not doing it just for one game, I'm doing it since I have some interest in the new Forza game and possible future exclusives. So I will buy Rise of the Tomb Raider day one and take my sweet time with the game as my primary console will still be my ps4.

Valenka
18th Aug 2014, 00:04
He says in the first post he's getting an used Xbox, to which I think the very first policy on your link applies. 7 days should be plenty to experience the game.

Ah, that makes sense. I clearly missed that. :p

Exactly. It's for used. I would never buy new what are you nuts? I hate xbox. I'm only doing this to play the game cause I ain't waiting almost 2 damn years for a game.

Alright, don't get your knickers in a twist; I didn't see the "used" part. ;)

Leon S. Kennedy
18th Aug 2014, 00:25
This is far more bending than I am willing to do. I'll wait or not play it at all. Won't be the first game I wanted to play, but didn't because it was on a platform I didn't want to buy.

Metalrocks
18th Aug 2014, 00:56
if its worth for you, go for it. but dont fall in toe the trap. thats what M$ wants. im really curious how many people actually give in and get a xbone because of this game. i sure not get one. even when i will be pissed that i have to wait longer for the pc release and who knows when it will come out, i have the chance to play other games in that time. if any come out that might be interesting. which most likely will be some indie games from steam.

motoleo
18th Aug 2014, 05:22

Good for you. I'm doing the same.

(Except I think I might keep the Xbox. I think all the exclusives come first. There's another game by Playdead, makers of LIMBO and their new INSIDE game is coming. Plus, I wanted to play Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive. Oh, and I'm not getting a used one. Too risky.)

But if I could do that and not lose any money, that's tempting! I think I might be obsessed with Rise of Tomb Raider I can't play it in just 7 days.

FalloftheTR
18th Aug 2014, 14:45
Good thread and its needed among all the 'OMGs' ones. I shall support Tomb Raider. Love the reboot and can, frankly, deal with the timed exclusivity aspect. Not the end of the world. I just want us to get past this to actually talk about the game.

This post not paid for by M$. And good to know how Gamestop actually rolls; going to avoid buying any used consoles from them. IF they allow that, then they are selling in an 'as is' basis and not just used.

segamer
18th Aug 2014, 15:04
I already have an Xbox One. However, for those that want to play the game, it's not a bad idea. However, the ticket price is high even if you get your money back.

kiadaw
18th Aug 2014, 15:36
I can understand people do not want an Xbox, but some people are making out like there is only one game of worth (Rise of Tomb Raider) for it.

There are quite a few good games on it if you search a little. Of cours when it comes to 3rd party, its a bit better on PS4 (mostly), & obviously PC.

I am not promoting X1, I do not own one, & may not own one, but you certainly get to play more than one good game on it. Just saying.

Anyway, a fun question, would you rather

A) Play a little later on PS or PC, if its mean a better version for the game (due to extra funding from MS, & bug/ extra polishing after released on Xbox)

B) Play at same time (on all platform), but with a slightly inferior version (due to less funding etc).

Obviously B is not possible now, but think about it, A wasn't too bad is it.

I waited, & got to play the enhance version of Witcher 2, with extra content & better controls. I am not complaining. My point is, the later version of a game is most time better.

LaraCroft04
18th Aug 2014, 15:51
I'll be honest, even though this will be an unpopular opinion, I have to admit that this announcement has made me change my decision from going for the ps4 and instead buying an xbox one. It will sound silly to a lot of you to make a decision based on one game but Tomb Raider has been and always will be the most important game series to me, purely because ever since I was young and my dad first played the series with me I became obsessed with Lara. Even if the exclusive is timed, I couldn't wait for this game. Any other, absolutely, but as sad as it sounds I just have to have this when it's out.

Although I will say I was torn between which console to buy ever since the two were announced and have played and enjoyed both, the only reason I eventually decided to buy ps4 is that my friends I game online with all chose to buy playstations, and my brother has an xbox one so I figured it would be good to have both in the house. So although this announcement has swayed my decision, it's not as though I hate the xbox one, and I already own the 360 which I love.

Yeah I could wait or go down the route of buying a used one for the game as some have stated, but for me another issue is the possibility of Xbox getting exclusive DLC again, like with Underworld. It's just not worth the risk for me so unfortunately even though I don't agree with this exclusivity deal and think it's really unfair to the fans who don't want to purchase an xbox, it has actually worked in making me purchase an xbox for this game. Sorry guys :( *sheepish face*

Tecstar70
18th Aug 2014, 15:53
I'll be honest, even though this will be an unpopular opinion, I have to admit that this announcement has made me change my decision from going for the ps4 and instead buying an xbox one. It will sound silly to a lot of you to make a decision based on one game but Tomb Raider has been and always will be the most important game series to me, purely because ever since I was young and my dad first played the series with me I became obsessed with Lara. Even if the exclusive is timed, I couldn't wait for this game. Any other, absolutely, but as sad as it sounds I just have to have this when it's out.

Although I will say I was torn between which console to buy ever since the two were announced and have played and enjoyed both, the only reason I eventually decided to buy ps4 is that my friends I game online with all chose to buy playstations, and my brother has an xbox one so I figured it would be good to have both in the house. So although this announcement has swayed my decision, it's not as though I hate the xbox one, and I already own the 360 which I love.

Yeah I could wait or go down the route of buying a used one for the game as some have stated, but for me another issue is the possibility of Xbox getting exclusive DLC again, like with Underworld. It's just not worth the risk for me so unfortunately even though I don't agree with this exclusivity deal and think it's really unfair to the fans who don't want to purchase an xbox, it has actually worked in making me purchase an xbox for this game. Sorry guys :( *sheepish face*

No need to apologise. People choose a platform for their own reasons. You have done that and although some may not like the reason that's up to you.

LaraCroft04
18th Aug 2014, 16:06
No need to apologise. People choose a platform for their own reasons. You have done that and although some may not like the reason that's up to you.

Thank you :) the apology is there just in case anybody gets irritated by my decision, I've seen a lot of (understandably) heated posts regarding this topic and didn't want to wind anyone up by looking like I'm supporting Crystal and Microsoft in this decision by giving them my money.

Tecstar70
18th Aug 2014, 16:11
Thank you :) the apology is there just in case anybody gets irritated by my decision, I've seen a lot of (understandably) heated posts regarding this topic and didn't want to wind anyone up by looking like I'm supporting Crystal and Microsoft in this decision by giving them my money.

I will be giving them my money too, although recent events haven't swayed me to do so.

FalloftheTR
18th Aug 2014, 16:49

Yeah, there are a lot of reasons people may choose an Xbox - Titanfall could be a reason. Once Gears of War 4 hits, I'll be on mine all the time.

Maybe Halo 5; maybe

Leon S. Kennedy
19th Aug 2014, 05:28

Or you could just buy the game on 360 since you already own one. But hey whatever makes you happy.

LaraCroft04
19th Aug 2014, 17:05
Or you could just buy the game on 360 since you already own one. But hey whatever makes you happy.

I did consider that, but after playing the definitive edition ( on a friends playstation 4 ) I'd rather have the game looking as good as that one did than to buy it for the 360. Though I'm not buying an Xbox one until much closer to release date, so there's always the possibility of changing my mind :)

motoleo
22nd Aug 2014, 05:33
Did anyone preorder the book yet?

RaiderSean
22nd Aug 2014, 07:13
Yes. I have preordered it and hope for some good storyline.

motoleo
22nd Aug 2014, 12:58
Cool. I might flip a few pages if it arrives in Barnes & Noble. :)

Daftvirgin
22nd Aug 2014, 13:38
I was favorable towards the PS4, but after this year's E3, I lined up all the exclusives and concluded that the X1 has a more appealing line up.

I'll probably play RotTR on PC when it comes out and get a console when they release a hardware redesign (aka a slim version because the X1 right now is massive).

Weemanply109
22nd Aug 2014, 16:23
Makes you wonder if you can even get a slimmer version of the PS4. :p That thing is already tiny.

Driber
22nd Aug 2014, 16:49
Sure it can!

http://www.tpcdb.com/images/products/1000/1478.jpg

Daftvirgin
22nd Aug 2014, 17:34
Makes you wonder if you can even get a slimmer version of the PS4. :p That thing is already tiny.

you'd be surprised at how tiny they actually can make consumer electronics nowadays. This is the inside of a Macbook Air:

that one circuit board is supposed to be the whole Mac :o

Sure it can!

http://www.tpcdb.com/images/products/1000/1478.jpg

I love the PS2 slim. Its my favorite console because of the sleek design :D

Murphdawg1
22nd Aug 2014, 19:09
you'd be surprised at how tiny they actually can make consumer electronics nowadays. This is the inside of a Macbook Air:

that one circuit board is supposed to be the whole Mac :o

I love the PS2 slim. Its my favorite console because of the sleek design :D

I never had to get a PS2 slim because my fat PS2 was a beast and I never had issues with it.

motoleo
22nd Aug 2014, 20:18
I was favorable towards the PS4, but after this year's E3, I lined up all the exclusives and concluded that the X1 has a more appealing line up.

I'll probably play RotTR on PC when it comes out and get a console when they release a hardware redesign (aka a slim version because the X1 right now is massive).

Me too. I also like the controller on the X1. And a few of my international friends all have Xbox's.

Lord Martok
23rd Aug 2014, 16:51
I remember when I bought a game from GameStop one time, and it was the sorriest excuse ever for a title, I demanded my money back the same day I bought it...and they fully refunded me. I told them, I don't pay for broken games.
The game was Duke Nukem Forever.

As for the whole "buy an Xbone and then take it back within a week after I played/beat RotTR", it's a sketchy move....but speaking for myself, M$ can suck the big one....for reasons other than some limited exclusivity on a single title. I refuse to spend money on a console that may well end up falling right back into the policies that M$ tried to implement in the first place.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
24th Aug 2014, 00:32
I will hold out for the release on other consoles. Getting an x-box one and then trying to return is always risky as you get might get nice Christmas staff who say you can take it back but then might not be the same person when trying to return.

Lord Martok
24th Aug 2014, 09:36
I will hold out for the release on other consoles. Getting an x-box one and then trying to return is always risky as you get might get nice Christmas staff who say you can take it back but then might not be the same person when trying to return.

Yes, I've heard of such Christmas elves....they're called Jawas. :D

Daftvirgin
24th Aug 2014, 11:34
Yes, I've heard of such Christmas elves....they're called Jawas. :D

yDThrTxWBmw

Lord Martok
24th Aug 2014, 17:08
yDThrTxWBmw
:lol::lol:

Which, when translated means: "That Jawa no longer works here. We're sorry for any inconveniences in trying to return your product.". :D

motoleo
25th Aug 2014, 04:27
Any topic that shows that people are not supporting Tomv Raider makes me want to create a topic in support of Microsoft, TR and Xbox. I'm really not against Microsoft at all.

Lord Martok
25th Aug 2014, 05:01
Have at it. :)

Metalrocks
25th Aug 2014, 08:36
give it a try. lets see what the outcome will be. maybe add a poll with it as well.

Gator4Life
25th Aug 2014, 17:32

MS will still make money if you buy the game new. MS gets a portion of every new game sold.

motoleo
25th Aug 2014, 18:22
I think once he gets an Xbox One, he will keep it because he will like it. :)