PDA

View Full Version : When will ROTTR PS4/PC come out?

Tihocan
16th Aug 2014, 00:33
Amidst all the sadness and anger, I thought I'd try and lighten the mood a bit.

So, when will the full platform release happen?

width=300

pidipidi39
16th Aug 2014, 00:35
Early 2016.

I'm hoping for March at max.

Leon S. Kennedy
16th Aug 2014, 00:39
May 2016. 6 month window of exclusivity is my guess.

Murphdawg1
16th Aug 2014, 01:04
I'll be bold and say same month as Xbone, M$ is known to cave under pressure.

Rai
16th Aug 2014, 01:26
March 5th 2016. Or no later than 1st half of 2016 seems about right.

AdobeArtist
16th Aug 2014, 01:43
I'd like to think it'll come out on PS4/PC in Feb. But March seems like the safer bet.

And why is "same month as XB1" an option at all in the poll? :scratch: We all know that's never gonna happen.

Treeble
16th Aug 2014, 01:43
Holiday 2017.

But of course I wish it to be (much) earlier than that.

Murphdawg1
16th Aug 2014, 01:47
I'd like to think it'll come out on PS4/PC in Feb. But March seems like the safer bet.

And why is "same month as XB1" an option at all in the poll? :scratch: We all know that's never gonna happen.

In case Microsoft does another 180?

pidipidi39
16th Aug 2014, 01:48
March 5th 2016.
That would actually be funny, lol.

But it would be even funnier if it was March 5th 2015.

What if it's a one day deal? :p

Leon S. Kennedy
16th Aug 2014, 02:20
Holiday 2017.

But of course I wish it to be (much) earlier than that.

No way.

Treeble
16th Aug 2014, 02:31
I honestly hope you're right. Someone's gotta be the negative nancy though. :p

Weemanply109
16th Aug 2014, 03:06
In case Microsoft does another 180?

:lol: Who would be surprised?

FarronFox
16th Aug 2014, 03:17
I'm going to think positively and say January.

They can have their launch first on the xbone but with such a major part of the fanbase feeling betrayed they'll change things so it can be received by the rest earlier.

Metalrocks
16th Aug 2014, 04:53
i rather be skeptical about it and say some time in the future. that way i cant be too wrong if it comes a month later or in 6 months.
unless we are really unlucky and dont get it all.

Tecstar70
16th Aug 2014, 07:53
February 2016 I reckon. March at the very latest. Voted for Feb.

JaxGames
16th Aug 2014, 08:06
I say earliest Feb but no later than June

dark7angel
16th Aug 2014, 11:05
i rather be skeptical about it and say some time in the future. that way i cant be too wrong if it comes a month later or in 6 months.

I'm with you.

I'll remain pessimist 'cause that way I won't get disappointed again... :(

Tecstar70
16th Aug 2014, 11:07

I think 6 months is too long. lets hope I am right!

oldboy2003
16th Aug 2014, 11:53
I'll be bold and say same month as Xbone, M$ is known to cave under pressure.

tbh i'm thinking that as well, maybe not that month but a month after because i think if they made the ps4 and pc release date too long i think the non tomb raider fans wouldnt be as hyped anymore and they would lose customers.

DrCroft
16th Aug 2014, 12:01
I've put March, hoping for a u turn from SE though and it will be released at the same time. Unlikely, but hey a girl can only dream.

oldboy2003
16th Aug 2014, 12:04
So are the holidays of 2015 december? im unsure since i dont live in the us

Tecstar70
16th Aug 2014, 12:06

Generally considered from Thanksgiving which is in November.

DrCroft
16th Aug 2014, 12:07

Yep means around Christmas :)

oldboy2003
16th Aug 2014, 12:10
Yep means around Christmas :)

hmm i think they might release it before christmas (hopefully!) :cool:
edit: I meant I hope they release the PS4 and PC versions before christmas

Tecstar70
16th Aug 2014, 12:44
hmm i think they might release it before christmas (hopefully!) :cool:
edit: I meant I hope they release the PS4 and PC versions before christmas

It would be nice, but sadly I don't think so.

Metalrocks
16th Aug 2014, 12:52
I think 6 months is too long. lets hope I am right!

i think we all hope that will never be the case.

kiadaw
16th Aug 2014, 13:09
So Holidays is November or December?

pidipidi39
16th Aug 2014, 13:13
From Thanksgiving to Xmas Day, I guess.

Tecstar70
16th Aug 2014, 13:14
So Holidays is November or December?

From Thanksgiving, this year 27th November, to New Year. So it seems that the Xbox exclusive will be at least for this period.

_Ninja_
16th Aug 2014, 13:15
I'm going to be pessimistic and say one year at least. Maybe earlier for PC.

Tecstar70
16th Aug 2014, 13:21
I'm going to be pessimistic and say one year at least. Maybe earlier for PC.

I think that is too pessimistic. SE will want to capitalise on the buzz generated by the exclusivity. There would have to be a really compelling reason to wait that long and I am not convinced there is one, and I don't think MS have paid enough for that length of time.If we don't hear by March 2016 then they have really fked up in my opinion.

JaxGames
16th Aug 2014, 16:57
I'm 100% sure it will come out on PS4/PC in the coming months after release.The reason why Ryse and DR3 will never come to PS4 is because it's being published by MS.I think the confusion came from Phil mentioning Ryse and DR3 because TR isn't being developed by MS , this was obviously a ploy to trick people into thinking it won't come to PS4 but possibly PC...Now it's up to SE I'm sure they wouldn't want to miss out on sales from PS3/PS4 and PC owners so I've rethought my decision and I'm going say no later than March.

Error96_
16th Aug 2014, 19:01
I will take a guess at the deal being 6 months so June but hope it's less

moogle
20th Aug 2014, 05:15
I will guess sometime later in 2015

a_big_house
20th Aug 2014, 10:59
Where's the never option? :p

Tihocan
20th Aug 2014, 11:03
Where's the never option? :p
*puts fingers in ears* LALALALALALALALALALALALALA

No, I thought I'd lighten the mood, thus assume it will be out for everyone.

kiadaw
20th Aug 2014, 11:03
From Thanksgiving, this year 27th November, to New Year. So it seems that the Xbox exclusive will be at least for this period.

This 'Hoildays' thingy is actual holidays (like in general everyone & their neighbor have Holidays (as in not working) in the US of A), or just figure of speech? Thats a pretty long time for a holiday.

a_big_house
20th Aug 2014, 11:09
*puts fingers in ears* LALALALALALALALALALALALALA

No, I thought I'd lighten the mood, thus assume it will be out for everyone.

Alright, fair enough! :D

Tecstar70
20th Aug 2014, 11:14
This 'Hoildays' thingy is actual holidays (like in general everyone & their neighbor have Holidays (as in not working) in the US of A), or just figure of speech? Thats a pretty long time for a holiday.

I think that's the general holiday period.

kiadaw
20th Aug 2014, 11:26
I'm 100% sure it will come out on PS4/PC in the coming months after release.The reason why Ryse and DR3 will never come to PS4 is because it's being published by MS.I think the confusion came from Phil mentioning Ryse and DR3 because TR isn't being developed by MS , this was obviously a ploy to trick people into thinking it won't come to PS4 but possibly PC...Now it's up to SE I'm sure they wouldn't want to miss out on sales from PS3/PS4 and PC owners so I've rethought my decision and I'm going say no later than March.

I hated it when people try to play with words to confuse/mislead/vague, & unforunately common in the gaming industry.

IvanaKC
20th Aug 2014, 11:42
I say somewhere in 2016.

Usually when you bet, you get money. What do we get if we are right? :p

Driber
20th Aug 2014, 12:10
Bragging rights, and... cookies!

http://driber.net/os/chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg

kiadaw
20th Aug 2014, 12:47
Its all about bragging rights!

Murphdawg1
20th Aug 2014, 16:38
What if the Xbox version gets delayed?

IvanaKC
20th Aug 2014, 16:39
Its all about bragging rights!

Come on, dude, those cookies must be delicious! gxuhbj_zubo.gif

What if the Xbox version gets delayed?

Then everything gets delayed for the same amount of time. But hey, I placed my bets already so they better not delay the game. :D

Lycantendencies
20th Aug 2014, 18:47
I'd like March 2016 at the latest.

DamianGraham
21st Aug 2014, 00:13
I'd best be seeing it within 6 months or they can expect one unhappy camper (multiple ones actually). I hope and pray that this is a lesson learned for them, I really don't think it is however, pretty sure the next sequel is going to be exclusive to Xbone permanently, but I've been wrong before. They're testing the waters with the timed thing, just to see how we'd react and how far we'd let them take it. Don't give up until we get what we want you guys, and don't forgive so easily!

Tihocan
21st Aug 2014, 02:17
Bragging rights, and... cookies!
-img

Bragging rights, yes. Cookies? Well, I didn't make it an open poll - so I can't see who won anyway ;)

Driber
21st Aug 2014, 08:59
People still post, though...

Telekill
23rd Aug 2014, 17:33
I don't think that they care about the fans and have no plans to bring the new TR to PS4. It doesn't really matter anymore because as of the announcement anything with a Crystal Dynamics, Eidos, or Square logo, I refuse to buy new.

They ignore me... I ignore them.

ARaider
23rd Aug 2014, 18:46
I don't think that they care about the fans and have no plans to bring the new TR to PS4. It doesn't really matter anymore because as of the announcement anything with a Crystal Dynamics, Eidos, or Square logo, I refuse to buy new.

They ignore me... I ignore them.

akdsqn_635347412552170157waitwhatgif.gif
How can you ignore Lara freaking amazing stunning nice smart funny cool badass iconic hot Croft?
Wow... just wow... Nobody shall ignore my little bird or you die by a tragic cheerleading accident.:p ;)
But I'm serious ignoring them is not going to help. It only makes it worse.

Murphdawg1
23rd Aug 2014, 23:26
akdsqn_635347412552170157waitwhatgif.gif
How can you ignore Lara freaking amazing stunning nice smart funny cool badass iconic hot Croft?
Wow... just wow... Nobody shall ignore my little bird or you die by a tragic cheerleading accident.:p ;)
But I'm serious ignoring them is not going to help. It only makes it worse.

If they decide not to bring the game to PS4 or PC then it would be kinda hard not to ignore the franchise. Of course they would be absolutely stupid for doing that as there certainly is a demand for it but at this point I would not put it past them. Apparently our $60 isn't good enough

ARaider
23rd Aug 2014, 23:36
If they decide not to bring the game to PS4 or PC then it would be kinda hard not to ignore the franchise. Of course they would be absolutely stupid for doing that as there certainly is a demand for it but at this point I would not put it past them. Apparently our $60 isn't good enough

Lol that's true, but I was talking about if the game would come to ps4, etc., then it would be stupid to ignore it.:p

Gemma_Darkmoon_
24th Aug 2014, 00:30
Fingers crossed it's not too long. Once Christmas is past the key point of deal will have passed so maybe March time perhaps.

yamatai_veteran
14th Oct 2014, 12:38
I think all this Christmas exclusive mean it's coming January but Xbox have made it so SE can't say that till 1st of the new Year.

Lord Martok
14th Oct 2014, 14:51
The evils of Micro$haft know no bounds.

Tecstar70
15th Oct 2014, 09:35
Fingers crossed it's not too long. Once Christmas is past the key point of deal will have passed so maybe March time perhaps.

I think something will be very wrong if it's not got a release date by March.

Tihocan
16th Oct 2014, 03:47
People still post, though...

I'd have to trust the people... :wave:

NikNak513
16th Oct 2014, 22:25
March the following year.

BR4DDERS1986
17th Oct 2014, 21:38
Julember 2015. :D

Lara_Fan_84
21st Oct 2014, 00:53
For me, if we had an official announcement of it coming to PS3/PS4 and PC that would be fantastic and I wouldn't care how long I had to wait as long as we get it. If it only came to PS4 and not to PS3 also it would be my reason for buying a PS4. I still have a fat PS2 that works like new and my PS3 (the non backwards compatible) and it still works like it did when I got it. I know we have to keep up with new technology but I still get frustrated when games move over to next-generation consoles because my old-generation consoles still work like new. Well, I'm from the NES generation so PS isn't really old.

SindyCroft
30th Oct 2014, 23:45
January please? It would be a great way to start the new year:naughty:

NSW_pride
31st Oct 2014, 12:48
March 2016, is my guess.

Scion_Light
14th Jan 2015, 14:20
Guess at May for a 6 month exclusive

Steel_Wing
21st Jan 2015, 13:23
January as I am unrealistically hopeful. Holidays could just mean until January 3rd couldn't it?

Tecstar70
21st Jan 2015, 14:24
January as I am unrealistically hopeful. Holidays could just mean until January 3rd couldn't it?

I like your optimism, but I don't think it wioll be that soon unfortunately.

Murphdawg1
24th Jan 2015, 21:55
For me, if we had an official announcement of it coming to PS3/PS4 and PC that would be fantastic and I wouldn't care how long I had to wait as long as we get it. If it only came to PS4 and not to PS3 also it would be my reason for buying a PS4. I still have a fat PS2 that works like new and my PS3 (the non backwards compatible) and it still works like it did when I got it. I know we have to keep up with new technology but I still get frustrated when games move over to next-generation consoles because my old-generation consoles still work like new. Well, I'm from the NES generation so PS isn't really old.

I'm actually surprised they're developing this game for the 360 as well considering it will turn 10 years old this year. At some point games have to move on to newer machines unless they want to be severely limited by older consoles. I mean think how gimped a game like Batman Arkham Knight would be on the 360 and PS3. I don't even think those machines could handle the Batmobile, let alone the huge size of Gotham City.

Charlie_T_Raider
25th Apr 2015, 12:49
I went for May. Long enough to give MS more sales but not so long as people have forgotten the game when the hype is gone.

Chaugmar
6th May 2015, 14:39
Will guess at March/April to hit Easter holidays.

Driber
8th May 2015, 16:55
I'm actually surprised they're developing this game for the 360 as well considering it will turn 10 years old this year. At some point games have to move on to newer machines unless they want to be severely limited by older consoles. I mean think how gimped a game like Batman Arkham Knight would be on the 360 and PS3. I don't even think those machines could handle the Batmobile, let alone the huge size of Gotham City.

Where there's a will, there's usually a way...

AdobeArtist
8th May 2015, 18:04
Where there's a will, there's usually a way...

Where there's a will... I want to be IN it :p

chrisdaventry
23rd Jun 2015, 07:08
I Vote sometime from July in witch there will be some DLC for the XBox Version First that might come With the PC/PS4 Versions of the Game.

Metalrocks
23rd Jun 2015, 07:29
i think we had this somewhere.
anyway, i chose april to june. and i certainly hope we get some sort of compensation. even when this questions coulndt be answered due some reason :rolleyes:

Tecstar70
23rd Jun 2015, 07:32
anyway, i chose april to june. and i certainly hope we get some sort of compensation. even when this questions coulndt be answered due some reason :rolleyes:

Here lies the next wave of discontent, when PC and PS4 get the vanilla game and people will cry foul because they are expecting "compensation"....

I think we had this somewhere else as well. April to June anyway.

Metalrocks
23rd Jun 2015, 07:38
Here lies the next wave of discontent, when PC and PS4 get the vanilla game and people will cry foul because they are expecting "compensation"....

I think we had this somewhere else as well. April to June anyway.

you have to admit that it would be just too fair after leaving us out due exclusivity reasons.
but then i could also complain about the "GoTY" edition being released later that contain all the content for less.

oldboy2003
23rd Jun 2015, 07:47
tbh i feel like PC and PS4 are going to get ROTTR somewhere between January to March because the holiday of 2015 usually lasts like four weeks? So it wouldn't take square enix a long time to port it over I'm guessing.

Tecstar70
23rd Jun 2015, 07:55
tbh i feel like PC and PS4 are going to get ROTTR somewhere between January to March because the holiday of 2015 usually lasts like four weeks? So it wouldn't take square enix a long time to port it over I'm guessing.

I am pretty sure they are already working on PC and PS versions, albeit to a lesser degree than the Xbox versions that will come out first.

Tihocan
23rd Jun 2015, 08:01

Yep, When will ROTTR PS4/PC come out? (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=146640)
I vote March.

chrisdaventry
23rd Jun 2015, 08:03
I am pretty sure they are already working on PC and PS versions, albeit to a lesser degree than the Xbox versions that will come out first.
What Company Builds a Standalone PC/PS4 Game these days, when knowingly they make an XBox Version, its Easier and Cheaper to Port it to PC/PS4

oldboy2003
23rd Jun 2015, 08:29
What Company Builds a Standalone PC/PS4 Game these days, when knowingly they make an XBox Version, its Easier and Cheaper to Port it to PC/PS4

I think that's what tecstar meant he said they're probably working on PC and PS versions.

Rai
23rd Jun 2015, 09:26
I voted April-June. The holiday season for retail usually includes January, with sales starting Boxing Day and continuing throughout January in the UK. MS will want to get as many Xmas sales as they can, including late sales in January, but SE will be thinking any length longer than six months may harm overall sales across other platforms. They'll want to keep the momentum going. This deal™ is meant to be beneficial to both companies, remember.

Tecstar70
23rd Jun 2015, 09:33
I voted April-June. The holiday season for retail usually includes January, with sales starting Boxing Day and continuing throughout January in the UK. MS will want to get as many Xmas sales as they can, including late sales in January, but SE will be thinking any length longer than six months may harm overall sales across other platforms. They'll want to keep the momentum going. This deal™ is meant to be beneficial to both companies, remember.

I think six months is the top end definitely. I also think that there will be flexibility. If MS see strong sales into 2016 and believe that RotTR is helping there may be an option to extend.

Like the (tm) BTW !!! :thumb: ;)

Barrier_Maiden
23rd Jun 2015, 11:48
Abstain. Not confident enough it'll come to other platforms to vote. RotTR could turn out like Ryse and Dead Rising 3 and not come to Playstation at all, or it could turn out like Mass Effect and come to Playstation four years after the XBox release. All we can do is wait and see, but in the meantime I'm assuming and accepting the worst.

Larafan1996
23rd Jun 2015, 12:26
The use of holiday 2015 at every possible mention is very telling, I think they probably will want it out before the end of the fiscal year (31st March in Japan) unless Microsoft is going to cover that cost aswell.

Tecstar70
23rd Jun 2015, 12:51
Abstain. Not confident enough it'll come to other platforms to vote. RotTR could turn out like Ryse and Dead Rising 3 and not come to Playstation at all, or it could turn out like Mass Effect and come to Playstation four years after the XBox release. All we can do is wait and see, but in the meantime I'm assuming and accepting the worst.

It could but extremely unlikely.

Gitb97
23rd Jun 2015, 13:33
I chose Jan-March. I think it'll come out near the end of Feb.

AdeleDazeem
23rd Jun 2015, 13:51
I say somewhere between 6 and 8 months away from the Xbox release. Releasing between January and March wouldn't be worth the bad publicity imo.

Metalrocks
23rd Jun 2015, 14:06
also dont think it will come out that early next year. M$ tries to sell as many consoles as they can. 6 months does sound more plausible. if its this ultimatum in the contract.

s-jay2676
23rd Jun 2015, 14:54
At least 12 months later as a Complete Edition with all DLCs.

Barrier_Maiden
23rd Jun 2015, 17:30

I would be totally okay with this. BioWare did something similar with Mass Effect 2: took ages for it to get ported to PS3, but when it did it came bundled with all the DLC plus an interactive comic that recapped events from the first game and allowed you to make some decisions that would affect the ME2 storyline. It was more than worth the wait.

I'd also be totally okay with waiting a year to play RotTR and getting no extras. I don't need any compensation or make-goods (though a promise to never pull this exclusivity bull**** again would be nice), I just want to play the damned game.

TranceTrouble
23rd Jun 2015, 18:31
I chose Jan-March. I think it'll come out near the end of Feb.

my dollars are on 14 February :naughty:

Gitb97
24th Jun 2015, 15:21
^ Feb seems like a nice month for the game to come out IMO anyway regardless of what day :p Gives 4 months for the deal to wear off

Tecstar70
24th Jun 2015, 15:30

I think that is being equally pessimistic and optimistic in the same sentence!

WinterSoldierLTE
24th Jun 2015, 17:56
At the latest, 1 year. Earliest 6 months. I'm leaning towards a year.

Driber
24th Jun 2015, 18:17
Yep, When will ROTTR PS4/PC come out? (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=146640)

Thanks for finding the link. Merged :)

Tihocan
25th Jun 2015, 00:46
my dollars are on 14 February :naughty:
That would actually be a glorious throwback to classic Lara.

Thanks for finding the link. Merged :)
Well, it was pretty easy, being my original poll ;)
It's too bad you can't change your mind on a poll, as now we know the actual release date it may be a different perspective.

Metalrocks
25th Jun 2015, 01:26
lol. better not be feb. mirrors edge 2 comes out. but then, i maybe wait for TR for a complete edition as they did with the previous title.

Valenka
25th Jun 2015, 03:23
It could but extremely unlikely.

I wouldn't go that far. Anything is possible and the fact of the matter is, all we have is a 50/50 chance. No one on this forum knows any more than that, except for those who actually work for Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics or Microsoft. I'm all for being optimistic, but we need to be realistic as well.

Tecstar70
25th Jun 2015, 06:31
I wouldn't go that far. Anything is possible and the fact of the matter is, all we have is a 50/50 chance. No one on this forum knows any more than that, except for those who actually work for Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics or Microsoft. I'm all for being optimistic, but we need to be realistic as well.

I agree anything is possible, but I have many reasons why this is unlikely. (see the link in my sig)

WinterSoldierLTE
25th Jun 2015, 09:51
or it could turn out like Mass Effect and come to Playstation four years after the XBox release.

Ya know, I always pictured that Mass Effect port being caught up in arguments between Sony and BioWare for some reason. I'm not saying it did, and I've not looked in to it, but I always pictured that particular instance going down like: BioWare shopped 'ME' to Sony, Sony said "No thanks, it's no good." so BioWare went with Microsoft. Then 'ME' comes out, is a hit and gets load of acclaim and then Sony comes to BioWare with a "Hey, you know that game you shopped to us? We'll take it." and BioWare at that point (after very strong sales and loads of acclaim) were in a position to say: "If you want it, you'll pay us X." Sony says "No, it's not that good. How about we pay you Y?" and then they and Sony go back and forth arguing over a price, Sony eventually caved.

Again, not saying it happened or that I've checked in to it, it's just how I pictured that going down.

Relic_Runner
3rd Jul 2015, 11:22
I think they might try to hit just before Easter break and not thinking it will be year like the rumours say.

kevin867446
6th Jul 2015, 05:21
the publisher is M$.
I don't think it will come out PS4.
That's why CD don't tell u what really truth is.
And U heard the M$ said.
"I don't buy the IP."
yah they didn't buy the "Tomb Raider", maybe.
But they bought the "Rise" already I think......
well,it's all my opion anyway.
I'm really piss off these things happened on 3rd party.
And I won't support it(Tomb Raider series) with my money anymore
if the next come out like this deal,if it has the next....
BTW,I won"t get Rise even if it come out.
I only get a game on day1.

Tecstar70
6th Jul 2015, 06:24
the publisher is M$.
I don't think it will come out PS4.
That's why CD don't tell u what really truth is.
And U heard the M$ said.
"I don't buy the IP."
yah they didn't buy the "Tomb Raider", maybe.
But they bought the "Rise" already I think......
well,it's all my opion anyway.
I'm really piss off these things happened on 3rd party.
And I won't support it(Tomb Raider series) with my money anymore
if the next come out like this deal,if it has the next....
BTW,I won"t get Rise even if it come out.
I only get a game on day1.

Hi kevin867446. Welcome to the forums. There are many good reasons why its is very likely to come out on other platforms. Of course whether you still buy it is up to you.

gemekaa
11th Jul 2015, 13:22
I am hoping soon - early next year, hopefully. Any longer and while I might buy the game, it would be more likely to be on sale instead of something on my must-have list. Right now, I wantwantwant the game...but with all the newer games coming out (and on PC from the get-go) in 2016, and especially if I've been spoiled for the game, it won't have the same draw.
And that isn't even getting into the end of 2016 rumor, ugh!

I'm just hoping the exclusivity won't be too long. December 2015 is what I'd like.