PDA

View Full Version : Lara Croft: Simified

Valenka
14th Aug 2014, 21:31
I thought the forum could use a good laugh and some positive vibes, so I present to you, Lady Lara Croft: Simified!

jfogys_Untitled-1.jpg

I've been playing around with The Sims 4's beta version of Create a Sim and I decided to have a go at Lara herself. It was a little difficult as there wasn't much clothing to choose from at this point, but I think, working with what I had available, it's a pretty on point likeness. :)

jwqcsl_Untitled-4.jpg

Lara's face was a bit of a challenge because while the new features are incredibly superior to that of its predecessors, it's quite difficult to make a Sim look like a specific person every time. So, I decided to play around with my imagination and I went for a Camilla Luddington meets Jonell Elliott.

jroipz_Untitled-3.jpg

...and of course, the classic Lara wouldn't be the classic Lara without her iconic sunglasses. I couldn't have them in a red tint on the lenses, so I decided to have the next best thing and I think it works in this case.

jtklbn_Untitled-2.jpg

Lara's outfit was another small challenge, considering that there's no 'Create a Style' feature present in The Sims 4, so getting the right colours for something tends to fall under the chance and luck category. With her outfit here, the colours are a little off, but on point enough to get the message across. I do love how I was able to have her high socks come above the brown boots. The only thing I don't like is that the boots have a small heel instead of being usually flat as Lara wears.

Her personality was quite easy to reflect, though! Lara's aspiration simified is to be "the curator" and collect everything the world has to offer. Her traits include 'active,' 'family-oriented,' and loner.' I also took the liberty of adding a biography for her before uploading her to The Sims 4 gallery.

Lady Lara Croft is a well-known name in the community. Renown for her physical prowess and determination for success, Lara boasts the largest mansion in town with the widest collection of artefacts.

I hope you guys like it! :)

JaxGames
14th Aug 2014, 21:38
Good Job! Love them glasses so... Lara :lol:

a_big_house
14th Aug 2014, 21:43
Did you avoid a side on view on purpose, or? :D

Nah, that's pretty good, she could use a belt for those shorts though ;)

Valenka
14th Aug 2014, 21:54
Did you avoid a side on view on purpose, or? :D Nah, that's pretty good, she could use a belt for those shorts though ;)

I didn't even think of a side view. :p
Let's just say...her lady pillows are quite appropriate.

I would have added a belt but there aren't any available.

a_big_house
14th Aug 2014, 22:00
I didn't even think of a side view. :p
Let's just say...her lady pillows are quite appropriate.

I would have added a belt but there aren't any available.

:eek: How could you think I meant for her bosoms! I was clearly trying to get a look at her hair :whistle: :lol:

Ahh, that sucks :hmm:

segamer
14th Aug 2014, 22:02
You should have made her chubby. That would have been funny.

Tecstar70
14th Aug 2014, 22:24
God job. Now you just need the Adventurer add-on pack. Paid DLC I imagine....

Valenka
14th Aug 2014, 22:36
God job. Now you just need the Adventurer add-on pack. Paid DLC I imagine....

Quite right. :lol:
EA is so predictable.

:eek: How could you think I meant for her bosoms! I was clearly trying to get a look at her hair :whistle: :lol:

Ahh, that sucks :hmm:

She has the braid! As it should be. :D

Error96_
14th Aug 2014, 22:44
That is really cool. Know I have created lots of different Lara looks on Sims 2 but never played the more recent versions of sims.

a_big_house
14th Aug 2014, 22:46
She has the braid! As it should be. :D

Yeah, but you can't see it in the pictures you posted :p

Perhaps, your next task could be to create the rest of the Endurance crew? :D

Valenka
14th Aug 2014, 22:50
That is really cool. Know I have created lots of different Lara looks on Sims 2 but never played the more recent versions of sims.

If you've got the chance, download the demo for The Sims 4. It's available at no cost. :)

Yeah, but you can't see it in the pictures you posted :p

Perhaps, your next task could be to create the rest of the Endurance crew? :D

Alright, you harpy! :p I'll post a picture of the braid too. :rasp:

It shouldn't be too difficult to recreate the Endurance crew. Jonah will be fun, since they have tattoos similar to the one on his arm. :D

a_big_house
14th Aug 2014, 23:23
If you've got the chance, download the demo for The Sims 4. It's available at no cost. :)

Alright, you harpy! :p I'll post a picture of the braid too. :rasp:

It shouldn't be too difficult to recreate the Endurance crew. Jonah will be fun, since they have tattoos similar to the one on his arm. :D

I just went to download it but it requires you to download Origin too and I don't particularly want that on here :hmm:

Pfft, you've got to please your audience, haven't you learnt anyway from the past two days? :D

And goood, I'll be waiting :lol:

Weemanply109
14th Aug 2014, 23:26
I hope you gave Lara's booty a fair treatment too. :p Her assets cannot be undermined. :lol: Could you try your hand at Reboot Lara? ;)

Good work, though. TS4's CAS is very advanced and allows for more accurate Sims. Shame the rest of the game has become less advanced, though.

Valenka
14th Aug 2014, 23:44
Here you go, guys. :)
Classic Lara from the side and Reboot Lara front and side.

jxyolr_Untitled-2.jpg
jbcgrh_Untitled-3.jpg
jztpzh_Untitled-4.jpg

Jurre
14th Aug 2014, 23:51
This Sims Lara looks more comfortable and relaxed than I've ever seen Lara before :)

Weemanply109
14th Aug 2014, 23:53
Here you go, guys. :)
Classic Lara from the side and Reboot Lara front and side.

jxyolr_Untitled-2.jpg
jbcgrh_Untitled-3.jpg
jztpzh_Untitled-4.jpg

Reboot Lara needs more scars, blood and less of a happy face. :lol:

Dem boots, tho. Aren't they the exact ones she wears with one of the DLC outfits?

Valenka
15th Aug 2014, 00:01
Reboot Lara needs more scars, blood and less of a happy face. :lol:

Dem boots, tho. Aren't they the exact ones she wears with one of the DLC outfits?

Think of it as pre-Yamatai. :p

And good eye! I think they're quite similar to the boots she wears with the Sure Shot outfit. :thumb:

a_big_house
15th Aug 2014, 09:12
I love the edition of the green necklace on reboot Lara :D

Valenka
15th Aug 2014, 12:12
I love the edition of the green necklace on reboot Lara :D

Yay! :D
I don't have access to a necklace with just one green pendant, but I figured that was the next best thing. :p

jumanji4400
19th Aug 2014, 21:09
The Sims 4 Lara Croft Tomb Raider Underworld

Here is my Tomb Raider Underworld inspired Lara Croft sim.

Reference:

jzceqj_8c5w41k733h1fiyfg.jpg

Lara in The Sims 4.

jqyrpf_vxp4izcmc3q8eqzfg.jpg

jalbvt_b5wehq2dyp5vqssfg.jpg

No photoshop has been used. (%100 in-game screenshots.)
No custom content is used.

Final No Custom Content version is now available. Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cgmwd8c8jp9kcwr/TheSims4_LaraCroft.rar

You can also download it via Origin Community in The Sims 4 game (during in-game);
just search my Origin ID ( jumanji4400 ) and take a look at my galery.

HOW TO INSTALL
1. Download the "TheSims4_LaraCroft.rar" file from the link above.
2. Extract its content to ...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray

Valenka
19th Aug 2014, 21:40
Hey! Would you mind editing that to be a little bit smaller? It's too big to be posted as is and it's stretching out the thread. :)

jumanji4400
19th Aug 2014, 22:02
Hey! Would you mind editing that to be a little bit smaller? It's too big to be posted as is and it's stretching out the thread. :)

Done.

Valenka
19th Aug 2014, 22:40
Thanks. :)
Awesome job by the way; the similarities are striking.

a_big_house
4th Sep 2014, 11:58
I feel like with Sims 4 actually being out now (in the US) we need some more Lara in this thread :D

Driber
4th Sep 2014, 16:56
Wow that actually looks almost like the real deal. Awesome job, jumanji4400 :thumb:

Weemanply109
4th Sep 2014, 22:17
I feel like with Sims 4 actually being out now (in the US) we need some more Lara in this thread :D

It's best to wait for the inevitable "Adventures" Expansion Pack! :lol:

DamianGraham
4th Sep 2014, 23:32
Looks great! :D How is miss Croft adapting to being a Sim? haha (btw is The Sims 4 worth it? I'm half tempted on getting it and making it my first PC game purchase).

Valenka
5th Sep 2014, 12:32
Compared to The Sims 3, it's alright.
But, if you take it for what it is and avoid comparing it to its predecessors, it's quite amazing.

Weemanply109
5th Sep 2014, 14:52
To be fair, it's a base game. So it should be rightly compared to other base games instead. It's very bare, tbh, but I think the CORE experience the game gives you is very reminiscent of TS2. It gives you classic Sims vibes, it's great. It's just a shame there isn't a lot more to do.

Valenka
5th Sep 2014, 15:27
To be fair, it's a base game. So it should be rightly compared to other base games instead. It's very bare, tbh, but I think the CORE experience the game gives you is very reminiscent of TS2. It gives you classic Sims vibes, it's great. It's just a shame there isn't a lot more to do.

Agreed.
I wasn't criticising anyone for comparing to its predecessors, I was just highlighting that in my case, anyway, avoid comparisons helps me enjoy the game more.

Although, I was a little peeved the other day when my Sim who I only played with for 45 minutes died in a fire because no firefighters came to help. Lo and behold, you have to either buy a sprinkler system or click on the Sim and select "Run to Safety" and watch your house go up in flames. :mad2::lol:

Weemanply109
5th Sep 2014, 17:40
Agreed.
I wasn't criticising anyone for comparing to its predecessors, I was just highlighting that in my case, anyway, avoid comparisons helps me enjoy the game more.

I see and I agree. :p

Although, I was a little peeved the other day when my Sim who I only played with for 45 minutes died in a fire because no firefighters came to help. Lo and behold, you have to either buy a sprinkler system or click on the Sim and select "Run to Safety" and watch your house go up in flames. :mad2::lol:

Yea, some of the changes are a bit confusing at first. :p

Valenka
6th Sep 2014, 13:36
I JUST learned yesterday how to make kitchen islands with counters. :whistle: