PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed at the news of TR:RoT being an XBOne exlcusive

juanb88
13th Aug 2014, 08:49
Having been an avid supporter of the Tomb Raider series since its inception in 1996, I am extremely frustrated at learning that the latest release in the series, Tomb Raider: Rise of the Tomb Raider, will be an Xbox One exclusive.

Over the past 18 years, I have spent countless hours adventuring with Lara, from her start on the original PSOne up and to her latest outing on the PS3. I have purchased every single game – from the very first Tomb Raider, to bonus releases like Tomb Raider: The Golden Mask.

I have watched in wonder as Lara’s story unfolds, joining her in exploring amazing locales and taking in the sense of adventure that has become a staple of the series.

Lara has always been my favourite video game character – I have supported her and the series during darker times (with reference to Angel of Darkness), and have shared in the excitement of fellow fans during the reboot and the amazing games that followed.

I am not posting this due to a desire to partake in any console wars. Tomb Raider has always been a multi-platform series, and I have journeyed with Lara on everything from a PSOne to PC to Nintendo DS. The support for various platforms is what has always made Lara and her amazing adventures accessible to her millions of fans, regardless of which platform they were gaming on.

With that being said, I have to state both my disbelief and utter disappointment at the fact that I will not be able to join Lara on her next adventure. I own a PlayStation – the console on which Lara started her journey, and the console on which she has now ended it, for not only me, but thousands of other gamers as well.

I implore Crystal Dynamics to reconsider their decision regarding the exclusivity of this title. I am not only unable, but also completely unwilling to purchase an entirely new console to support only one game. I believe that by keeping the latest game in the series an Xbox One exclusive, Crystal Dynamics are not only depriving us of the opportunity to continue our journey with Lara to see where her story leads, but in doing so they are also alienating an extremely large portion of the Tomb Raider fan base.

I will continue to support Lara’s existing adventures, however I will actively avoid any future releases and titles from Crystal Dynamics should Rise of the Tomb Raider be kept an exclusive.

I trust that the outrage sparked by Crystal Dynamic’s decision, as well as the multitude of online petitions that are currently being hosted, will persuade them to reassess the matter, and will lead to a resolution which will be beneficial not only to their company, but the people who matter most: Lara’s fans.

Stefanvdm1389
13th Aug 2014, 08:53
Keep it multi-platform

Please sign
http://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-don-t-make-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-as-an-xbox-exclusive?recruiter=76709600&utm_campaign=twitter_link_action_box&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition#
https://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-and-crystal-dynamics-rescind-the-arrangement-to-publish-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-exclusively-on-xbox-one-2#share

kiss-bite
13th Aug 2014, 09:23
I feel yours and fellow raider's heartache...

It's signed and sealed, and if truly 100% exclusive and not timed, so is the fate of Tomb Raider. The announcement is both patronising and insulting and could never be anything else but that. They know it and know a big core of the fan base will know it! Lost money plus product desperation equals brand suicide...

Hardcore fans (like myself) need to know when to let something cherished go. To not be a consumer puppet ideal for manipulation.

BlueSkiesXXV
13th Aug 2014, 10:16
This news is probably the biggest slap in the face possible for the long-term hardcore Tomb Raider fanbase.
I, like many, have bought every main TR game on release day since 1996 (PlayStation for me).

I have been coming here for many years & I will openly say it now, that I am a bit of a classic TR fanboy at heart, but I still enjoyed the TR reboot for what it was & was really looking forward to the next one. There is zero chance of me buying an XBONE, so after almost 20 years, TR & I will be parting ways, which is rather sad. To this day TR has always meant an awful lot to me.

I assume that there was a lot of money involved in the decision & who can blame any business for selling out when a huge pot of money is on the table. However, selling out like this often means that you lose pretty much all integrity & respect, but that comes part & parcel with the cold hard cash.

Let's see where TR is in another 20 years after steering the franchise in this new direction...just watch out for that large iceberg on the horizon.

BridgetFisher
13th Aug 2014, 16:32
This news is probably the biggest slap in the face possible for the long-term hardcore Tomb Raider fanbase.
I, like many, have bought every main TR game on release day since 1996 (PlayStation for me).

I have been coming here for many years & I will openly say it now, that I am a bit of a classic TR fanboy at heart, but I still enjoyed the TR reboot for what it was & was really looking forward to the next one. There is zero chance of me buying an XBONE, so after almost 20 years, TR & I will be parting ways, which is rather sad. To this day TR has always meant an awful lot to me.

I assume that there was a lot of money involved in the decision & who can blame any business for selling out when a huge pot of money is on the table. However, selling out like this often means that you lose pretty much all integrity & respect, but that comes part & parcel with the cold hard cash.

Let's see where TR is in another 20 years after steering the franchise in this new direction...just watch out for that large iceberg on the horizon.

I think the purpose of the rebooted version and changing the character and all is to get rid of the older fanbase, this may be more of a marketing decision to get the game a different audience which is normal for a company to change their demographics with things.