PDA

View Full Version : We do have a say!

Falcon
13th Aug 2014, 08:42
After some consideration, I've decided to do a very stupid thing. If Rise of the Tomb Raider is not eventually sold on other consoles *cringe* I will truly suffer for it :(

If SE chooses to blatantly ignore us and sign a contract to make ROTR XBox exclusive, when they know most of us enjoy playing TR on other consoles. Let's face it, in the end it's all about the money. Then I think the only way to truly show how I feel is to make a vow.

So here goes:

"I vow not to buy any Tomb Raider or Tomb Raider franchise related item until The Rise of the Tomb Raider is also sold on Playstation and PC. I also vow not to buy a XBox to play this game."

Since its all about the money and you really don't give a **** how we feel. Don't expect a single coin from me. I feel this is the only way I can truly express how disappointing I am. I will still follow posts, still watch the trailers. Still be excited, but I will not buy the Xbox game. I will buy the PS4 and PC version when, and if it every releases. (Which I truly hope it does :()

For those of you who own a Xbox (or plan on buying one) and plan on buying the game, just one thing: Enjoy it, enjoy it immensely! But please think of the rest of us when you do. I do not resent you guys, I just feel as a long time gamer, I should have a right to choose on which console I would like to play. Not be forced to buy a console that I don't want. I would not let them manipulate me as a fan to buy their **** (Yes Microsoft referring to you).

Okay now I'm going to crawl into a corner with all my TR poster, T shirts and stuff and feel very sorry for myself :mad2:

Those of you who are brave (and stupid) enough to join me, I only ask that if you make the vow, write it out in full. Make it count! Those of you who don't want to, I understand :D

Deltoran
13th Aug 2014, 08:47
I'm not usually for these kinds of posts given you can't really prove them one way or another but in this case I'll make an exception.

Ahem...

"I vow not to buy any Tomb Raider or Tomb Raider franchise related item until The Rise of the Tomb Raider is also sold on Playstation and PC. I also vow not to buy a XBox to play this game."

Especially the part about the XBone. Microsoft gets enough money from manipulating consumers with their OSes, they don't need to do it with their console as well.

Falcon
13th Aug 2014, 09:06
Thank you for your support Daltoran. No one will know if you keep to your vow or not but I still feel it's worth a shot. The only way to truly express ourselves, the only way they would actually listen, is if we hit their wallets. In the end its all about the money and the profit.

We complain, we sign petitions, we make awful comments. Its not going to change anything. They will apologize, they will say they truly care about the fans blah blah blah. Only the profit will make the difference in the end. So buy it, don't buy it. Might still not change anything, but its the best chance we got, and I'm willing to risk it.

Edit:

Just to clarify. Its not that I don't want SE or CD to make any profit. When ROTR is released on PC and PS I'm going on a spending spree like there is no tomorrow. The idea is just to make a statement. A short (hopefully very short) shopping hiatus where I refuse to spend any money. Just to show that we as consumer, as a person, I will not be manipulated by gaming companies. They have no right to use the one game that I love above all others to force me to buy their console. If they cannot convince me that their console is worth buying without manipulating me, then too bad because I won't bend. I'm hoping others will also see it this way.

Murphdawg1
13th Aug 2014, 10:32
I'm not usually for these kinds of posts given you can't really prove them one way or another but in this case I'll make an exception.

Ahem...

Especially the part about the XBone. Microsoft gets enough money from manipulating consumers with their OSes, they don't need to do it with their console as well.

Why not add to not buy any other Square Enix published games?

BlueSkiesXXV
13th Aug 2014, 10:35
I agree to give them the one fingered salute!!!

Murphdawg1
13th Aug 2014, 10:39
I agree to give them the one fingered salute!!!

Pretty much what they did to us so it's only fair to give it right back to them.

BlueSkiesXXV
13th Aug 2014, 11:06
All this sounds just like another Microsoft announcement.

On the proposed always online requirement for XBONE Don Mattrick (Xbox chief) said:
Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360.

Crystal Dynamics head of studios Darrell Gallagher said:
This doesn't mean that we're walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC.
We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December.

BOOM!!!!

I also gave the XBONE the one fingered salute on that day & it is still holding, even after they reversed it.

Falcon
13th Aug 2014, 11:07
Why not add to not buy any other Square Enix published games?

Oh good point:

"I vow not to buy any Tomb Raider game or Tomb Raider franchise related item until The Rise of the Tomb Raider is also sold on Playstation and PC. I also vow not to buy any square Enix game or franchise related item. I also vow not to buy a XBox to play this game or any other games."

I could probably extend this to Microsoft as well but I doubt I'll buy anything from them anyway.

:D

chisthegamer
13th Aug 2014, 13:12
I am in the same boat

chisthegamer
13th Aug 2014, 13:15
I voe not to buy any future tomb raider games or anything from crystal dynamics until it releases rotr releases on ps4 and pc.

chisthegamer
13th Aug 2014, 13:17
Pretty much what they did to us so it's only fair to give it right back to them.

Dam straight we have to talk with our wallets hit them where it hurts

Error96_
13th Aug 2014, 19:25
Let everyone at CD and SE see how popular they are over this.

CakeLuv
13th Aug 2014, 19:41
I love this kinda stuff, sooo
"I vow not to buy any Tomb Raider game or Tomb Raider franchise related item until The Rise of the Tomb Raider is also sold on Playstation and PC. I also vow not to buy any square Enix game or franchise related item. I also vow not to buy a XBox to play this game or any other games."

kiadaw
13th Aug 2014, 20:33
Oh good point:

I could probably extend this to Microsoft as well but I doubt I'll buy anything from them anyway.

:D

You do not use a PC? You do not use office?...hmmmm

Munchakoopas
13th Aug 2014, 20:42
"I vow not to buy any Tomb Raider or Tomb Raider franchise related item until The Rise of the Tomb Raider is also sold on Playstation and PC and on sale for 75% or more. I also vow not to buy a Xbox to play this game even if i ever get myself one."

This excludes the upcoming Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris right? Cause if not i need to edit my vow.

Leon S. Kennedy
13th Aug 2014, 20:51
"I vow not to buy any Tomb Raider or Tomb Raider franchise related item until The Rise of the Tomb Raider is also sold on Playstation and PC and on sale for 75% or more. I also vow not to buy a Xbox to play this game even if i ever get myself one."

This excludes the upcoming Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris right? Cause if not i need to edit my vow.

That should be included. It is giving money to the company that just took a dump on most of its fans.

SofaJockey
13th Aug 2014, 22:35
I respect where the OP is coming from here but in the scheme of things there is no way for CD/Square to track RotTR sales of 'x' + MS funding, against an alternative sales of 'y' if the release had been multi-platform.

In other words, whatever you do, CD/Square will make decisions about whether the sales are 'enough' irrespective of these activities.

Actually, if they were grumbling about sales of TR2013 then a reaction to reduced sales of RotTR is less likely to reverse an exclusive funding choice and more likely to mean the franchise is killed altogether as a tainted IP. If the launch of LC&tToO tanks, it's the same impact and may increase the financial pressure to do more deals or cut their losses.

I hope RoTTR is awesome and highly successful which will reduce CD's need to do these kind of deals in the future. This is also a deal that only makes sense now at a time of console adoption, so as long as the franchise is not killed off in this iteration, MS' funding interests will lessen with TR11 / TR12.

How many of CD/Square's games have I bought? Only TR.Withholding my custom is going to do very little then.

I don't want to see the franchise die, that seems a completely unhelpful outcome.

I see no reason why a PS4 owner or PS enthusiast should have to buy an Xbox 1. Equally I see no reason who someone who has chosen to go to new gen should feel they are under a moral obligation to do otherwise than simply choose the best new console for them.

There's also a huge industry of talented developers out there including at CD. People who have no influence over what the suits decide. I'm going to support talented developers and an industry that makes great games by supporting and buying those games.

I'm not going to aid the long term future of a series of games I enjoy by trying to kill it or the company that makes it.

I do respect the OPs moral position, I just don't think it will work and in the long term it is more of a hinderance than a benefit, mostly to the individual concerned.

Sorry to go against the flow, but thought I'd share my concerns.

segamer
13th Aug 2014, 22:39
After some consideration, I've decided to do a very stupid thing. If Rise of the Tomb Raider is not eventually sold on other consoles *cringe* I will truly suffer for it :(

If SE chooses to blatantly ignore us and sign a contract to make ROTR XBox exclusive, when they know most of us enjoy playing TR on other consoles. Let's face it, in the end it's all about the money. Then I think the only way to truly show how I feel is to make a vow.

So here goes:

Since its all about the money and you really don't give a **** how we feel. Don't expect a single coin from me. I feel this is the only way I can truly express how disappointing I am. I will still follow posts, still watch the trailers. Still be excited, but I will not buy the Xbox game. I will buy the PS4 and PC version when, and if it every releases. (Which I truly hope it does :()

For those of you who own a Xbox (or plan on buying one) and plan on buying the game, just one thing: Enjoy it, enjoy it immensely! But please think of the rest of us when you do. I do not resent you guys, I just feel as a long time gamer, I should have a right to choose on which console I would like to play. Not be forced to buy a console that I don't want. I would not let them manipulate me as a fan to buy their **** (Yes Microsoft referring to you).

Okay now I'm going to crawl into a corner with all my TR poster, T shirts and stuff and feel very sorry for myself :mad2:

Those of you who are brave (and stupid) enough to join me, I only ask that if you make the vow, write it out in full. Make it count! Those of you who don't want to, I understand :D

So, after you've been $h!T on by Square Enix/Eidos, and they release Rise of the Tomb Raider on your system of choose 6 months late, then you'll support them? That's what they are counting on. By supporting them at all states that these type of deals are acceptable because gamers are willing to buy the game at full price 6 months later.

d1n0_xD
13th Aug 2014, 23:44
^ Xbox sales are what's going to make them reconsider, not the 6 months afterward sales on other platforms.

Murphdawg1
14th Aug 2014, 00:25
^ Xbox sales are what's going to make them reconsider, not the 6 months afterward sales on other platforms.

6 months would honestly be too long. PC and Playstation user will likely have already known what happens either by reading these forums or watching lets plays of it on Youtube or Twitch.

Deltoran
14th Aug 2014, 00:44
I don't plan on paying full price for it if and when it comes to PC/PS4. They've lost my loyalty as a customer. They may regain it depending how things go AFTER TR 2015.

CD/SE please do better for the next Tomb Raider title.