PDA

View Full Version : Coming to PC eventually!

mugenkb1
12th Aug 2014, 16:08
Confirmed to be using AMD's Mantle API for the PC. So at least us PC users can still play on ultra settings.:D

http://videocardz.com/51018/exclusive-upcoming-games-support-mantle

The_Hylden
12th Aug 2014, 16:18
Until an official source from SE, or CD, says otherwise, there's nothing confirmed.

mugenkb1
12th Aug 2014, 20:38
It's probably going to be like Dead Rising 3 type of deal.

I mean, the source is pretty credible,
"While the third group has still Mantle support pending, the second group is confirmed to support new API. Here you can find Star Citizen, Sims 4, Rise of the Tomb Rider, Mass Effect or Star Wars Battlefront."

BTW, Mantle is the new API supported by AMD cards for PCs, so I would like to say that I feel pretty confident for ROTTR to be release on PC eventually.

Weemanply109
12th Aug 2014, 20:56
The article gets it from a good source, though. I trust in it. I have no doubt it'll eventually make it's way to PC. The fact that we have to wait till 2016 is ridiculous, though.

Definitely happy about Mantle, though. It gives some GREAT performance optimizations and since Nixxes are great at giving good optimization in PC ports already, I have good hope that they'll make this run fine and dandy on AMD systems.

Deltoran
12th Aug 2014, 21:01
Are we sure that mantle support wasn't confirmed before they made this ridiculous decision? Possible it was originally planned for all platforms but then MS bought them off? I don't wan't to get my hopes up - I hope they make another press release soon.

Jurre
12th Aug 2014, 21:06
It is possible that the exclusiveness is temporary: after all the point of all this is to make us run to the store to get Xboxes. If they were to tell us that it will come on other platforms later we would just wait for it and leave those Xboxes were they are.

It makes sense from a money point of view: receive the bribe from Microsoft now and the money from PS and PC gamers later.

Still it doesn't change the fact that all of this is completely and utterly anti-consumer and that in exchange for all their moneys they now got the hate and mistrust of the whole Tomb Raider community on their backs. And the ones who bought Xboxes for Tomb Raider will feel ripped off as well when the game is released on PS4 & PC too.

They really sold their soul for thirty pieces of silver here...

Deltoran
12th Aug 2014, 21:09
You're absolutely right, but I'm hoping that there enough of us who aren't fool enough to fall for their manipulative bull****. I certainly won't be rushing out to buy an XBone. And I probably won't pay full price for the next TR game now even if it DOES come to PC and PS4. And here I was ready to pre-order.

Jurre
12th Aug 2014, 21:34
You're absolutely right, but I'm hoping that there enough of us who aren't fool enough to fall for their manipulative bull****.

So do I. I figure that the more we see through their wicked schemes and work against them, the sooner they'll release the game on other platforms...

d1n0_xD
12th Aug 2014, 21:55
It absolutely makes sense for it to be timed, but I can't help it but fear the worst :(

_Ninja_
12th Aug 2014, 22:22
I hope. But this is just a vague hope at this point.

mugenkb1
13th Aug 2014, 03:56
It is possible that the exclusiveness is temporary: after all the point of all this is to make us run to the store to get Xboxes. If they were to tell us that it will come on other platforms later we would just wait for it and leave those Xboxes were they are.

It makes sense from a money point of view: receive the bribe from Microsoft now and the money from PS and PC gamers later.

Still it doesn't change the fact that all of this is completely and utterly anti-consumer and that in exchange for all their moneys they now got the hate and mistrust of the whole Tomb Raider community on their backs. And the ones who bought Xboxes for Tomb Raider will feel ripped off as well when the game is released on PS4 & PC too.

They really sold their soul for thirty pieces of silver here...

Couldn't have said it better myself! Once they announce that it's also for PC, they're probably hoping that it'll make them see like they're martyrs.

EDIT: more from gameinformer.com

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/08/12/i-want-to-win-this-generation-says-xbox-boss-phil-spencer.aspx

"Earlier today, Microsoft dropped a huge bomb at its Gamescom press briefing. The company has locked up exclusivity for Rise of the Tomb Raider, and we had the oportunity to ask Xbox boss Phil Spencer more about the deal, how things are changing at Xbox, anticipated features, and what it means to be behind the competition in sales.

Right now, Microsoft isn't confirming lifetime exclusivity (we used Titanfall as a comparison when inquiring), but lining up even the crucial holiday 2015 release window for a coveted third-party exclusive could be a big win. It all depends on how long the exclusivity window is, if it's limited. Regardless, this shows that Microsoft is working to sure up Xbox One exclusive content outside its own walls.

The language that Microsoft is using around the exclusivity right now is "exclusive to Xbox in holiday 2015." This hints at a window rather than permanent, but Square Enix will be the ones to share more details on that later (should there be any)."

So...pretty confident we'll be seeing the PC version probably early 2016.

NoSubmission
13th Aug 2014, 06:49
Confirmed to be using AMD's Mantle API for the PC. So at least us PC users can still play on ultra settings.:D

http://videocardz.com/51018/exclusive-upcoming-games-support-mantle

Thanks mate, I knew it was going to be released on PC. Just more the question of "when".

Ryse is doing it, dead rising 3 is doing it.

NightRain'06
14th Aug 2014, 04:19
I'm hoping the PC specs will be lenient like the previous games.

I know I should not worry; but, you just don't know...

The reason is I purchased a new modest desktop PC only a few months ago so it's only a baby.
And I only have a Radeon 7 card. I can upgrade the card, I suppose.

mugenkb1
14th Aug 2014, 04:44
I'm hoping the PC specs will be lenient like the previous games.

I know I should not worry; but, you just don't know...

The reason is I purchased a new modest desktop PC only a few months ago so it's only a baby.
And I only have a Radeon 7 card. I can upgrade the card, I suppose.

Not sure what you mean by lenient...you can always play it on low settings. But I'd expect it to not skimp on graphics on ultra settings though. I'd expect Mantle to help quite a bit, but we'll see.

Metalrocks
14th Aug 2014, 04:57
not really worried about the requirements but more how it is optimized. ow all the focus goes to the xbone and who knows how long we have to wait for the pc to be released and if they actually bother to make a proper pc port.

QiX
14th Aug 2014, 05:07
not really worried about the requirements but more how it is optimized. ow all the focus goes to the xbone and who knows how long we have to wait for the pc to be released and if they actually bother to make a proper pc port.

You'd expect trouble to port a game to a weaker system. Porting for PC is basically adding things to make a better use of a most powerful system, settings for graphics, sound, control bindings etc. No big deal :D

medievil
14th Aug 2014, 09:05
I hope everyone DOES know that both Xbox and PS4 use AMD/Ati GPU's so mantle support COULD be just used on consoles. Regardless, this was all well before the announcement...

mugenkb1
14th Aug 2014, 17:01
I hope everyone DOES know that both Xbox and PS4 use AMD/Ati GPU's so mantle support COULD be just used on consoles. Regardless, this was all well before the announcement...

Doubt it. Sure, AMD has said "Mantle is intended for use on Radeon graphics in a PC. However, we said that Mantle was designed from the beginning to be extensible to other platforms, as well. AMD stands ready to share the technology with our [console] partners should they choose to want it."

So if it was to support consoles, an announcement would have been made since it's a rather big deal. But nothing as of now. And plus, the videocardz site specializes in PC news..AND Nixxes Software is known to help w/ PC ports, such as they did with TR 2013, Thief, Hitman Absolution, Deus Ex HR.