PDA

View Full Version : Will you be buying RotTR on Xbox One?

Pages : [1] 2

a_big_house
12th Aug 2014, 14:22
Hey guys, obviously a lot of fans are disappointed, perhaps angry with the news of Rise being an Xbox One exclusive game, but I thought it might be a good idea to get this in numbers, so vote here; Will you be buying Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One?

It's a no from me.

d1n0_xD
12th Aug 2014, 14:24
Hell nope.

NikNak513
12th Aug 2014, 14:24
No, I don't plan on buying an Xbone, ever.

Jurre
12th Aug 2014, 14:26
Que the 'NOOOOOOOO' compilation...

BR4DDERS1986
12th Aug 2014, 14:27
Nope.

pidipidi39
12th Aug 2014, 14:29
No.

billy98raider
12th Aug 2014, 14:39
NO. Not a chance.

Treeble
12th Aug 2014, 14:41
Absolutely not.

segamer
12th Aug 2014, 14:50
If it doesn't run at 60 fps as it did on PS4, I won't buy it.

Metalrocks
12th Aug 2014, 14:55
no way in hell. im a proud pc gamer and i expect this title to be released for it.
and who voted yes? get him/her.

dark7angel
12th Aug 2014, 14:57
No!

Tecstar70
12th Aug 2014, 14:58
no way in hell. im a proud pc gamer and i expect this title to be released for it.
and who voted yes? get him/her.

Me. I play on the Xbox 360 console and the XB1 is my new-gen console of choice.

ARaider
12th Aug 2014, 15:21
Lol this is perfect CD can see that this was the wrong move! They will regret it... Just wait and they will beg us. :D

Metalrocks
12th Aug 2014, 15:26
Me. I play on the Xbox 360 console and the XB1 is my new-gen console of choice.

targeting missile to location.
target acquired.

lol. just kidding :D. there is no missile flying to you. you can crawl out from your bomb shelter.

kadosho
12th Aug 2014, 15:28
I don't own an xboxone or a ps4 at the moment. I dunno about jumping to another system quite yet, its a bit risky and pricey. Going to wait and see what CD has in store with RoTR.

AdrianShephard
12th Aug 2014, 15:30
Skewed poll. Only angry fans come here to show their disappointment (and rightfully so). I, for one, have both systems so I will gladly buy TR for xbone

Valenka
12th Aug 2014, 15:32
I just read the news on Facebook and I literally died. Like, I laughed so hard. Hell, I'm still laughing. It's absolutely hysterical. Dumbest move I could ever picture from Square Enix, but I am SO grateful that I have an Xbox One.

razorxc
12th Aug 2014, 15:32
NO CLEARLY NO

namitokiwa
12th Aug 2014, 15:33
Ofcourse NO. Soon CD and Square Enix will see that this is a terrible MOVE ever!
Just like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse Son of Rome which were exclusive then release later on PC. But the sale may not the same as it first release.
Have a good journey CD and SE.

Daftvirgin
12th Aug 2014, 15:33
Depends on whether I'll get an XB1 or PS4. I'll probably get both of then, but I'm waiting for a hardware redesign somewhere mid-cycle. Until then I'm happy with my PS3 and PC.

MissBrandy
12th Aug 2014, 15:43
''Not a chance you bastards'' - Lara Croft

And also my thought about ... I won't buy it, not even if i can get the console from a friend, not even if it's at 50% discount .... i won't support TR as exclusive game. Sorry.

Tecstar70
12th Aug 2014, 15:47
targeting missile to location.
target acquired.

lol. just kidding :D. there is no missile flying to you. you can crawl out from your bomb shelter.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Lycantendencies
12th Aug 2014, 15:48
Can't vote, but right now it's a no. Though I love my 360, the XboxOne just hasn't appealed to me. I'm still not convinced they won't try to slowly push the overbearing control over physical content they originally intended for the One, and until I am, not even TR will sell me on it.

GLA
12th Aug 2014, 15:49
Me too :)

*edit - I was supposed to quote MissBrandy's excellent post... *goes back to lurking for own safety*

Titak
12th Aug 2014, 16:09
No.
I only play Tomb Raider and have been doing so on a PC since 1996.
Why on earth would I go buy an XBox One just so I can play this one game? :rolleyes:

I love TR, and this move is way below the belt. :mad2:

Valenka
12th Aug 2014, 16:22
At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I do have to state for the record that while I'm completely disappointed in Square Enix with this move, I'm still a Tomb Raider fan and always will be, which is why I'll be picking up the game at launch.

I'm not going to end my relationship with Tomb Raider over exclusivity; if the tables were turned and it was a PS4 exclusive, I would be just as disappointed and just wait until I'm able to purchase a PS4 to play the game.

But that's just my $0.02.

*ducks to avoid any potential objects thrown my way*

daventry
12th Aug 2014, 16:23
Goodbye Lara Croft, your PC Player shall miss you so :(

d1n0_xD
12th Aug 2014, 16:24
At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I do have to state for the record that while I'm completely disappointed in Square Enix with this move, I'm still a Tomb Raider fan and always will be, which is why I'll be picking up the game at launch.

I'm not going to end my relationship with Tomb Raider over exclusivity; if the tables were turned and it was a PS4 exclusive, I would be just as disappointed and just wait until I'm able to purchase a PS4 to play the game.

But that's just my $0.02.

*ducks to avoid any potential objects thrown my way*

That's cool, but most people aren't that lucky to own an Xbox1 or more... :/ And it still kinda feels wrong...

daventry
12th Aug 2014, 16:27
I will no longer make TR XPS Screens to Support Tomb Raider and Crystal/Square nomore.

Valenka
12th Aug 2014, 16:30
That's cool, but most people aren't that lucky to own an Xbox1 or more... :/ And it still kinda feels wrong...

Oh, the decision is absolutely wrong. Tomb Raider has always been multi-platform with a diverse fanbase and exclusivity should never be a part of the TR franchise. It was bad enough with Underworld's DLC only being on Xbox 360, but this is too far.

I'm truly saddened, but I'm not going to deny myself the experience.

MaxRaider
12th Aug 2014, 16:30
I have an Xbox One, so yes I will buy it. But don't kill me! I enjoy all platforms alike! :group_hug:

dark7angel
12th Aug 2014, 16:36
Oh, the decision is absolutely wrong. Tomb Raider has always been multi-platform with a diverse fanbase and exclusivity should never be a part of the TR franchise. It was bad enough with Underworld's DLC only being on Xbox 360, but this is too far.

I'm truly saddened, but I'm not going to deny myself the experience.

To be honest, in most cases, it's not a matter of people denying themselves the experience but people simply not being able to afford an Xbone.

In my case for example, I don't own an next-gen console and at the moment I just can't even afford one. But if/when I can, I won't buy an xbone just because of one game when the other console has more titles that I'm interested in.

I love Tomb Raider, I've been with the franchise since the beginning, but I just can't afford to buy one console to play one single game...

d1n0_xD
12th Aug 2014, 16:38
^ Yeah, it's just not fair, it's not about not supporting the game, it's about your own principles and feeling cheated...

Valenka
12th Aug 2014, 16:40
To be honest, in most cases, it's not a matter of people denying themselves the experience but people simply not being able to afford an Xbone.

I think you missed the point I was trying to make, there.

In regard to denying myself the experience, I meant that because I have an Xbox One, I'll be picking up ROTTR at launch; I'm not going to not get the game in lieu of what's happened here. I have the means to experience the game, so I shall. I'll just feel a little bad for those who aren't able to experience it.

^ Yeah, it's just not fair, it's not about not supporting the game, it's about your own principles and feeling cheated...

Whoa, now.
Just because some people have the means to play the game and choose to do so does not make them the bad guys, so please don't paint us that way. I'm not going to boycott a game I'm dying to play because it's exclusive to one platform. I still love Tomb Raider and I still want to play the game. There's nothing wrong with that.

d1n0_xD
12th Aug 2014, 16:45
Whoa, now.
Just because some people have the means to play the game and choose to do so does not make them the bad guys, so please don't paint us that way. I'm not going to boycott a game I'm dying to play because it's exclusive to one platform. I still love Tomb Raider and I still want to play the game. There's nothing wrong with that.

I didn't say that, I was saying it's not fair to the people who could otherwise play this game to need to buy Xbox, whether they can or can't. I was putting blame on whoever made this decision.

I still love it too, and I want to play, but, you know, I can't.

Murphdawg1
12th Aug 2014, 16:50
I think you missed the point I was trying to make, there.

In regard to denying myself the experience, I meant that because I have an Xbox One, I'll be picking up ROTTR at launch; I'm not going to not get the game in lieu of what's happened here. I have the means to experience the game, so I shall. I'll just feel a little bad for those who aren't able to experience it.

Whoa, now.

You supporting a terrible business practice though.

Valenka
12th Aug 2014, 17:10
I didn't say that, I was saying it's not fair to the people who could otherwise play this game to need to buy Xbox, whether they can or can't. I was putting blame on whoever made this decision.

I still love it too, and I want to play, but, you know, I can't.

Ah, my apologies for the misinterpretation. :o
I understand where you're coming from, though. I mean, they're essentially saying, "If you want to play ROTTR, it'll cost you USD$560 or tough luck." It isn't right at all; they're driving a wedge within the TR community.

You supporting a terrible business practice though.

I'm aware of this, but I'm really not willing to allow my love for Tomb Raider to cease in lieu of consumerism greed. I guess at the end of the day I really am just being selfish and I do apologize for that and I do sympathize with the community, but if I can be respectfully blunt for a moment, ROTTR is going to make sales at launch regardless.

Some people who aren't in tune within the community will see it on the shelf and say, "Hey look, another Lara Croft game. This looks good, I think I'll buy it," and not realize the controversy and uproar its exclusivity caused.

I will be getting ROTTR at launch because I love Lara Croft and I want to experience the game, but my decision to do so in no way should be translated into apathy or a nonchalant outlook on the unfortunate circumstances we're forced to experience here. :o

pidipidi39
12th Aug 2014, 17:14
Ah, my apologies for the misinterpretation. :o
I understand where you're coming from, though. I mean, they're essentially saying, "If you want to play ROTTR, it'll cost you USD$560 or tough luck." It isn't right at all; they're driving a wedge within the TR community.
Yus gurl, preach this!

The basic point is that we (or at least, I) aren't (or at least, am not) mad because they turned it into an Xbox exclusive. I would be just as mad if they turned it into a PS exclusive or a PC exclusive.

What I really don't get (and what makes me feel sad/angry) is that they abandoned a huge part of the fanbase with a rather unapologetic PR statement.

P.S: I know you weren't talking to me, but I felt like adding my 0.02$ to your point. :)

d1n0_xD
12th Aug 2014, 17:21
Yeah, any exclusive is bad exclusive, no matter which platform.

Valenka
12th Aug 2014, 17:31
Yus gurl, preach this!

The basic point is that we (or at least, I) aren't (or at least, am not) mad because they turned it into an Xbox exclusive. I would be just as mad if they turned it into a PS exclusive or a PC exclusive.

What I really don't get (and what makes me feel sad/angry) is that they abandoned an huge part of the fanbase with a rather unapologetic PR statement.

P.S: I know you weren't talking to me, but I felt like adding my 0.02$ to your point. :)

Yeah, any exclusive is bad exclusive, no matter which platform.

Exactly. :thumb:

rms
12th Aug 2014, 17:34
Have to express my displeasure also. I really hope this is a timed exclusive, and they should clarify this ASAP

Lenimph
12th Aug 2014, 17:38
No

I have absolutely no interest in buying an Xbone

Not even Tomb Raider can change that. I personally feel betrayed and alienated right now. And not only do they decide to make it console exclusive they picked the worst console to do it on. How can this be the most ambitious Tomb Raider of all time when you're working on that Xbone's crap hard ware that doesn't even come close to my 3 year old pc that I have to update because it wont run Frostbite at 60 fps...

So much BS...

BridgetFisher
12th Aug 2014, 17:43
I dont own an xbox one, nor will I buy one for a single game :P
At least by the time it comes to PC the bugs will be worked out, exclusive is only time based.

DastanMiles
12th Aug 2014, 17:52
Nope. Definitely not.

JessyBrody
12th Aug 2014, 17:53
WORST TOMB RAIDER NEWS EVER.

Klona13
12th Aug 2014, 18:03
Never.
Never even considered it and trust me, I won't.

IvanaKC
12th Aug 2014, 18:11
That would mean buying XboxOne for just one game. So, of course I won't be buying it.

God, disappointment is so big right now. There are no words to describe it.

sbauer
12th Aug 2014, 18:12
No. I own both systems, but will not be picking up this game. I just cannot support decisions like this.

Regardless of Xbox vs PS4, we are all gamers. These deals are bad for all of us.

pomeranianpuppy
12th Aug 2014, 18:15
An xbox one is £350!!!!! :eek: I have a dog to support!

Seriously, I'll have to wait and see in a years time a lot can change but at the moment no

ScrewYouGuys
12th Aug 2014, 18:28
Hell no

_Ninja_
12th Aug 2014, 18:30
No.

Weemanply109
12th Aug 2014, 18:42
Nope. I want the franchise to CROAK as a result of this. Give TR it's final deserving rest now!

I'll never support buying a decaying console months after it's release.

icepopshot
12th Aug 2014, 18:44
Never ever. To Bad CD just go for the Quick Cash from MS. Ohh I hate this Company! But I can't vote. Guess I dont have enough posts.

Rai
12th Aug 2014, 18:46
I don't own either an Xbox1 nor a PS4, but I will want to play the game, so it looks like when I finally get a new console, it will be the XBox1. Better start saving!

To those saying big fat NOs, is this a knee jerk reaction to the exclusive and you may change your mind later when you've calmed down, you don't own an Xbox 1 and won't buy one just for TR or you really are so outraged that you'll boycott the game even though it is TR. I mean we know so little of the actual game, will articles/screens/trailers etc help change your mind do you think?

SofaJockey
12th Aug 2014, 18:48
Sure, I'll buy it because I have an Xbox One.
If this had gone PS exclusive there would also have been a fuss.

Just by less people (cough).

Weemanply109
12th Aug 2014, 19:01
Just by less people (cough).

That's because TR sells more on Playstation. They're selling out a huge chunk of their fanbase.

Deltoran
12th Aug 2014, 19:03
No, I'm not going to buy an inferior gaming system to play a single game. If they wanted to have the most sales they should've released on all three main systems, they're bound to lose customers this way - I'm one of them.

MasterTaffer
12th Aug 2014, 19:04
Yep. I buy all hardware for the purpose of avoiding exclusivity barriers, so this news doesn't effect me at all.

Deltoran
12th Aug 2014, 19:13
That's wonderful for you Taffer, but it doesn't really prevent publishers from screwing other customers, just allows you to bypass their antics. Not every gamer can afford or wants to spend money to purchase all systems, especially when one will usually do just fine. The current industry standards for consoles is just sickening...these exclusivity wars need to end.

I don't understand how the people in charge can't see that by releasing to all platforms they reach the most customers.

killerhappy
12th Aug 2014, 19:15
NO!

Cube1701
12th Aug 2014, 19:32
I wasn't planning on getting an Xbox One and this hasn't changed my mind at all.

_Ninja_
12th Aug 2014, 19:43
To those saying big fat NOs, is this a knee jerk reaction to the exclusive and you may change your mind later when you've calmed down, you don't own an Xbox 1 and won't buy one just for TR or you really are so outraged that you'll boycott the game even though it is TR. I mean we know so little of the actual game, will articles/screens/trailers etc help change your mind do you think?

I have not owned a console since Playstation (the original) and lived through all the exclusives. It's a definitive no in my case. Just not happening. Unless it somehow comes out as the greatest generation defining masterpiece or something.

Munchakoopas
12th Aug 2014, 19:48
Yep. I buy all hardware for the purpose of avoiding exclusivity barriers, so this news doesn't effect me at all.

Poor excuse considering the history.
Even then buying a console to play at 30fps 1440p when you could get 4k running on a PC is just silly for $500

DrCroft
12th Aug 2014, 19:48
No I won't be. I'm saving at the moment for a PS4 and I had planned to buy one next October in anticipation for ROTTR. If it turns out that it is a timed exclusive with PC at a later date then I would rather put that money towards a PC.

If this had turned out PS4 exclusive, I'd feel the same even it worked to my favour because TR should be available to everyone. Always has been, and this should continue.

Deltoran
12th Aug 2014, 19:52
I believe this is the game masterpiece you're looking for then Ninja: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

Again tho, I can't stress enough, no consumer who actually likes to budget themselves and spend responsibly is going to throw down 200+ dollars US for a console and an additional 60 for a game when they already have a platform. So they lose out on a single game, multiply that by millions of dollars for how much Square/CD loses in this catastrophe.

FalloftheTR
12th Aug 2014, 20:08
I own a Xbone and I vote: NO - M$ is not going to ruin this series for me. I literally hate CD and M$ right now

ererer
12th Aug 2014, 20:09
Nope,

why the hell would I want to play some crappy looking, 30fps capped xbone game when I have a monster pc.

screw this franchise, its dead to me now

Leon S. Kennedy
12th Aug 2014, 20:13
No. This probably my favorite IP, but I am not buying a Xbox One for any reason. If it was any other IP would wish it dead, but I will wait for the PS4 version.

dark7angel
12th Aug 2014, 20:22
I don't own either an Xbox1 nor a PS4, but I will want to play the game, so it looks like when I finally get a new console, it will be the XBox1. Better start saving!

Like I said earlier, I don't have an XBONE and won't be buying one for just one game. This is not a knee jerk reaction.

Leon S. Kennedy
12th Aug 2014, 20:23

NOTHING will change my mind. This was my worst fear when I read rumors MS would get big 3rd party game for exclusivity. At least this looks like a "timed exclusive."

I hope they were compensated well for all the sale they will lose on PlayStation. Short-sighted move that could really hurt the franchise in the long run as PS4 is really destroying Xbox One in sales. Not even allowing a PC is really desperate move by MS.

I still have Uncharted 4: A Thief's End for Holiday 2015 which will undoubtedly sell more.

Epimetheus
12th Aug 2014, 20:25
Nope.

I've been with this franchise since the first installment. It's what got me into gaming. I've been enjoying Tomb Raider on PlayStation for nearly 20 years now. I even purchased and replayed Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition recently in anticipation of playing the next one on my PS4. And today, Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix turned their backs on me. They clearly don't value me as a consumer, so I won't be dignifying their decision to alienate the main portion of their player base with my continued support.

I've withdrawn my Temple of Osiris preorder and won't feel too guilty about trading in my copy of the Definitive Edition. Feel pretty dirty about giving them my money for what basically amounted to a promotional campaign for a game on a different system.

Pew
12th Aug 2014, 20:43

Genius...:rolleyes:

MasterTaffer
12th Aug 2014, 20:45
Poor excuse considering the history.
Even then buying a console to play at 30fps 1440p when you could get 4k running on a PC is just silly for $500

That assumes two things:

I don't have such a PC. I do, and I play on consoles traitionally anyway.
I care about pushing all the graphical sliders to the right all the wya. I really don't.

Weemanply109
12th Aug 2014, 20:46
Wow @ all these 'New Player's lol. It's good that people are here to voice their opinions, though. LET EM BE HEARD! *raises pitchforks*

RybatGrimes
12th Aug 2014, 20:47
I wasn't buying an Xbox One in the first place lol so no.

ftbscreamer
12th Aug 2014, 20:51
Nope! Wont be getting temple of Osiris either.

AdeleDazeem
12th Aug 2014, 20:53
No. I bought a PS4 yesterday (no regrets). I've never bought an Xbox, just Nintendo and PlayStation consoles. Tomb Raider always comes to PlayStation, so how could I not expect that this time it wouldn't be any different?

PermanentlyAngry
12th Aug 2014, 21:00
I own an Xbox One mainly for Microsoft's exclusives, but I will not buy TRoTTR out of principle. I thought scummy business practices ;like this were a thing of the past in our industry. Seems not, the only way to teach corporations is to hit them where it hurts... and that's their profits.

IvanaKC
12th Aug 2014, 22:02

Yeah, I'll boycott the game even though it's TR. It could be the greatest game of all time and I still won't be playing it. If TR was exclusive from the beginning, that would be perfectly fine. But, after all those years, there is no sense in making it exclusive, don't you think?

You know, there is nothing worse than being compared with Ubisoft lately, but even guys at Ubisoft aren't that greedy to suddenly make their big multiplatform franchises an exclusive. Hell, they even remastered AC Liberation so it wouldn't be just on PS Vita, right? :rolleyes:

d1n0_xD
12th Aug 2014, 22:09
^ Yep. And what angers me the most is the ignorance of some people, some guy just made an account to say how he's glad it's XBOX1 only, and that PS fanboys should stop whining, like it affects only PS owners. It's funny how this "console wars" don't acknowledge PC even exists. But he also says that PS has a bunch of exclusives and that it's only right for Xbox to have some. Yes, it's right, but make your own, like Sunset Overdrive, do not take away multi-platformed titles.

Murphdawg1
12th Aug 2014, 22:24
^ Yep. And what angers me the most is the ignorance of some people, some guy just made an account to say how he's glad it's XBOX1 only, and that PS fanboys should stop whining, like it affects only PS owners. It's funny how this "console wars" don't acknowledge PC even exists. But he also says that PS has a bunch of exclusives and that it's only right for Xbox to have some. Yes, it's right, but make your own, like Sunset Overdrive, do not take away multi-platformed titles.

Yeah all the exclusives he named were either 1st or 2nd party exclusives. Other people want to bring up BloodBorne but that is a new IP.

yadsar
12th Aug 2014, 22:26
I will not buy Temple of Osiris for the same reason that some other people are saying. Is different when a game is made from scratch and it is exclusive like Sunset Overdrive but Tomb Raider was always a multi platform game and I'm also counting you PC gamers. To now have it exclusive to 1 system is a big FU to the fans. I will not support corporate greed. God forbid if Kingdom Hearts 3 also becomes Xbox One exclusive because I will never buy another Square Enix game.

Lycantendencies
12th Aug 2014, 22:28
To those saying big fat NOs, is this

you don't own an Xbox 1 and won't buy one just for TR
This.

There's only 2 titles including TR that interest me on the XBoxOne, the other being Crackdown, and that's not enough to convince me to buy at the best of times.

There are other reasons. I don't like multi format franchises going exclusive to one company and if it is a permanent exclusive, I think their explanation added insult to injury so to speak, but they're not my main reasons.

chip5541
12th Aug 2014, 22:30
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... It's a shapeshifter. Kill it!! ;-)

Daftvirgin
12th Aug 2014, 22:32
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... It's a shapeshifter. Kill it!! ;-)

how is this relevant to the discussion?

pidipidi39
12th Aug 2014, 22:34
Wat.

BlueSkiesXXV
12th Aug 2014, 22:38
Goodbye Tomb Raider/Crystal :wave:

chip5541
12th Aug 2014, 22:42
Sorry, watching to much Supernatural and someone signature just tickled me. I had planned on posting the below but typing on a iPhone is a real pain.

As a person who lives in a rural area and limited bandwidth the X1 is not even an option so I will sadly be missing out. I do hope it hits the other systems at some point. I really enjoy the Lara Croft universe.

aang001
12th Aug 2014, 22:43
nope. put it on ps4 and we'll talk

QiX
12th Aug 2014, 22:45
Preliminary results. For each copy they sell of RotTR they will NOT SELL SIX AND A HALF COPIES. Not to mention the scratched reputation and loss of credibility. Is this exclusivity contract really worth THAT much?

daventry
12th Aug 2014, 22:52
Lets say Crystal/Square will change their minds and release ROTTR for PC and PS4 in 2016, will they just Port it from the Xbox, because how long will an Actual PC/PS4 Game Development take.

Elliot Kane
12th Aug 2014, 23:01
Of course not. I don't even own an XBone and have no plans to get one.

unrealized
12th Aug 2014, 23:06
Hahahaha!

No...

Leon S. Kennedy
12th Aug 2014, 23:13

This is implying timed exclusivity? Either way the brand is damaged.

Rogue_Leizu
12th Aug 2014, 23:14
Not a chance...I've owned Xboxes before and none of them have been reliable for me not to mention the controllers being uncomfortable...

I do not own an Xbone, I will not own an Xbone, so I guess this means I won't be able to play the sequel to one of my all time favorite games ever...The Tomb Raider reboot was a masterpiece however the choice to make the second one an Xbox exclusive seems mind numbingly incompetent to me...Why rip Laura away from the console brand that created her for a console that hasn't sold as well as the PS4 and shows no signs of doing so...?

I for one am incredibly curious as to why this decision was made to begin with without the PR BS spin reply we've gotten...There needs to be trust between game companies and their fans, it's what keeps us loyal...

Look at EA...Their shady business practices have garnered a lot of resentment from gamers over the last few years, and I for one have moved to only buying used copies of the very few of their games (mainly army of two) that I want to play as I will not be feeding them money for their work...

A little advice from someone you don't know and honestly will probably never trust Crystal Dynamics...

Stop trusting what the console companies say and produce and distribute YOUR content to YOUR fans...A short term boost from one company over another at release will never be worth the trust of your fans...

Look at all the hate and anger your choice to rip tomb raider away from your PS4 fan base...

Does it really seem worth it to you...?

MollyMog
12th Aug 2014, 23:53
As of now, no. This stuff is shady.

I have a PS4 because I made that choice as a consumer. I didn't think I would loose TR. It never left my mind that I might buy an Xbox One later. I did the same thing last generation. I bought a PS3 first, then a 360 a couple years later when there were enough games to make it worth it. It makes sense to me to buy an Xbox for Halo or other FIRST TIME exclusive IPs. This DOES NOT make sense. I get that someone is trying to make money, but this is too much. It feels STOLEN. Instead of CREATING new IPs that would draw me in to buy a product, I am FORCED to buy it to continue the series, OR miss out on a game I LOVE.

CakeLuv
13th Aug 2014, 00:13
I actually feel betrayed, all that happines everyone felt, and now they do this to us, I might just not buy the new LC game either, and stop supporting a franchise who at first showed interest for us but now just takes bad choices, I just hope if it comes out as an exculsive, at least make it worth it, like, make it a good game, not just TR with bad and ugly bizzarre animations...

Weemanply109
13th Aug 2014, 00:26
I actually feel betrayed, all that happines everyone felt, and now they do this to us, I might just not buy the new LC game either, and stop supporting a franchise who at first showed interest for us but now just takes bad choices, I just hope if it comes out as an exculsive, at least make it worth it, like, make it a good game, not just TR with bad and ugly bizzarre animations...

I agree (though, I still plan to buy LC, looks better than the reboot). The real issue here is how they literally done "bait and switch" on us. They announced it was multi-platform at E3 and last year too. We all got excited, pre-ordered, shared our opinions, expectations, speculations, all these different platform users all together, looking forward to a game in unity and then they basically segregate two player bases from the xbone fans and leave us for dead. Now two player bases have to cut off their pre-orders and hopes of playing a highly anticipated game because of $$$.

Mess.

d1n0_xD
13th Aug 2014, 00:28
^ And on top of all that, they say: "We didn't forget about you guys, we have DE and Temple of Osiris for you", like what? :|

Weemanply109
13th Aug 2014, 00:38
The funny part is, PC doesn't even have DE. :lol: Poor us. :x We only have Temple of Osiris coming up and nothing new besides that.

CakeLuv
13th Aug 2014, 00:39
^ And on top of all that, they say: "We didn't forget about you guys, we have DE and Temple of Osiris for you", like what? :|

ikr, Lara doesn't even look like Lara to me anymore in that game ._.

pidipidi39
13th Aug 2014, 00:40
The funny part is that they're like ''Don't worry, we're not abandoning our PC/PS fans... we're just making the most ambitious Tomb Raider game ever and they won't get to play it.''

/rant

Weemanply109
13th Aug 2014, 00:44
The funny part is that they're like ''Don't worry, we're not abandoning our PC/PS fans... we're just making the most ambitious Tomb Raider game ever and they won't get to play it.''

/rant

Basically. lol.

He comes off as an ass for trying to excuse this. However, poor guy probably is being forced to write that. :lol: I bet SE made this decision behind closed doors, hence why it's surprising Camilla/Rhianna, etc. Also, Darrell seemed a bit apprehensive when getting around to mentioning the exclusivity at Gamescon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkUeKzL9U-E (1:14 his voice goes a bit off-track there :p). May have been a last minute thing and he was told he had to announce it which was why he was nervous about it.

CakeLuv
13th Aug 2014, 00:50
yall, we got 6.807 signatures so far,

if you wanna vote, It's for the new TR to be released for the other consoles (PC and PS4) so if you wanna vote, vote

https://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-and-crystal-dynamics-rescind-the-arrangement-to-publish-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-exclusively-on-xbox-one-2#share

(Sorry if it's already posted, idek)

gandul
13th Aug 2014, 00:50
This will only make people angry and for sure will backfire, Crystal Dynamics.
I dont buy microsoft or sony consoles since PS2 generation, only Nintendo ones because they have very different first party games. I bought Tomb Raider in Steam and liked it (I even have all the Tomb Raider games in Steam).

I will try to explain what this politics do to people like me, first they make me hate the company doing this practices, that hate removes the morality isues of downloading the game without paying for it. I have a blacklist with the companies which use bad practices and i wont buy games from, and its not easy to leave the blacklist.

d1n0_xD
13th Aug 2014, 01:03
Basically. lol.

He comes off as an ass for trying to excuse this. However, poor guy probably is being forced to write that. :lol: I bet SE made this decision behind closed doors, hence why it's surprising Camilla/Rhianna, etc. Also, Darrell seemed a bit apprehensive when getting around to mentioning the exclusivity at Gamescon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkUeKzL9U-E (1:14 his voice goes a bit off-track there :p). May have been a last minute thing and he was told he had to announce it which was why he was nervous about it.

Man, imagine if they were lots of TR fans in that conference, imagine the riot, I would've LOVED it xD Him running of the podium xD

Stoibs
13th Aug 2014, 01:16
Ofcourse not...

Xbone costs about $600 in Australia, with the games about $100+ or more.

I'm not sure if the bean counters who made this decision actually failed economics 101 or not, but most of us average income earners aren't exactly in the business of going out and spending $700 dollars for one game.
What a stupid, stupid move.
Sad thing is that I probably would have pre-ordered this from any of my usual Digital Pc retailers, now even if it does come to PC I'll probably be waiting on that 75% or more sale due to this middle finger and lack of respect that they've shown the fans.

slipwagon
13th Aug 2014, 01:28
No. Why can't I vote in the poll?

pidipidi39
13th Aug 2014, 01:29
^ Probably because you can't when your status is just ''Registered User''.

I don't know, just guessing.

Murphdawg1
13th Aug 2014, 01:33
Even the PS3 was beating the Xbox One in terms of which platform people would buy for and yet Square/Crystal go exclusive with Microsoft? Talk about a huge "We don't need you anymore" statement to the old and new fans that have supported Tomb Raider on PC and Playstation.

WinterSoldierLTE
13th Aug 2014, 01:41
Absolutely not. I love TR. It's been a huge part of my life for a few years now. I buy the merch when I can, I've got the books ("The Lost Cult" is a must-read for all of us), and I've been planning a Lara tattoo for a year or so now. But I do not like Xbox. It's just doesn't have a good library to me, and I will not buy one just to play ROTTR. When I upgrade to current-gen, it'll be PS4.

I go back and forth with feelings here. It's just business, I get it. Bad business, IMO, but business nonetheless. I've stood up for CD handling TR for awhile now, and I go back and forth between anger towards them now, and believe it or not shame.

I've told my story about playing TR2013 for the first time before, so I'll not repeat it again, but this official news is very disappointing. I was proud CD finally showed the WORLD, not just us hardcore TR fans, what they could do with TR. We already knew, and we were always at a struggle to explain it to "outsiders", and I can't be the only one who felt vindicated when TR2013 got such great reviews and praise. And yeah, now this... betrayal and dis-respect. Not towards me, towards ALL of us. WE were there before TR2013, on various consoles.

I will always be a Tomb Raider fan. I will not disappear from the forums, I will not take the Lara figures off my shelves and take the posters down, but I will not buy a system whose library I am not impressed with just so I can play the new TR.

For those who do own an X-Bone, I am happy for you. I hope you receive no attitudes from others on here who do not or will not own one. We are a better COMUNITY than that type of behavior.

d1n0_xD
13th Aug 2014, 01:43
I was proud CD finally showed the WORLD, not just us hardcore TR fans, what they could do with TR. We already knew, and we were always at a struggle to explain it to "outsiders", and I can't be the only one who felt vindicated when TR2013 got such great reviews and praise. And yeah, now this... betrayal and dis-respect. Not towards me, towards ALL of us. WE were there before TR2013, on various consoles.

Truer words haven't been said :thumb:

ARaider
13th Aug 2014, 01:50
Man, imagine if they were lots of TR fans in that conference, imagine the riot, I would've LOVED it xD Him running of the podium xD
:lol:
I would totally riot!

slipwagon
13th Aug 2014, 01:52
^ Probably because you can't when your status is just ''Registered User''.

Well that sucks. The whole reason I joined this forum was to vote in this poll.

QiX
13th Aug 2014, 02:10
Keep posting on any of the Eidos Forums. The post count to gain 'New Player' status is low, 10 posts if I recall. A few complains in the other threads will let you vote. Let's make sure they will know how bad their marketing decision was, by the numbers.

Deltoran
13th Aug 2014, 02:10
You can still state your opinion and express your thoughts on this travesty. Feel free to do so.

QiX
13th Aug 2014, 02:16
Preliminary results update. For each copy they sell of RotTR they will NOT SELL SEVEN COPIES. Not to mention the scratched reputation and loss of credibility. Is this exclusivity contract really worth THAT much?

Metalrocks
13th Aug 2014, 02:18
Basically. lol.

he does sound a bit worried after announcing the last bit.

you need an amount of comments to vote on poles. if im not mistaken, you need over 20 comments and be active here for 2 weeks.

_Love2Raid_
13th Aug 2014, 02:51
That would be a no. Damn it, I was planning on getting a PS4 as my new gaming console. I don't want an Xbone and I'm not buying one just to play this game. I can't believe they are doing this to us, the loyal fans. Did you check that message they wrote to explain their decision? Dear lord, it was so insulting. We do have a brain, you know (it's all about money, can't hide that). Oh look, the rest of the community isn't forgotten, because we still get to play good old TR2013 and that nice little spin-off game (which I actually was looking forward to a lot, but seriously considering not to buy anymore). How lovely. This isn't how you treat your fanbase. You can't go and alienate the majority of the hardcore fans (see the poll results on this site and TRF) for some quick cash. I am so disappointed, I don't care about this game anymore. I don't even care about the franchise anymore, which used to be my favourite. So much has changed, it's an entirely different game with an entirely different character. Still, I was willing to try out Rise of the Tomb Raider, because the prequel had a lot of good things going for it as well. I did enjoy that game and I was looking forward to see whether or not the team at Crystal Dynamics made any changes based on the criticism they received (too much combat, not enough tombs, puzzles too easy, you get it...). But then all of the sudden we have THIS. What a slap in the face, seriously. It's like they are saying 'thanks for being a loyal fan for such a long time and we appreciate all your support and money, but we no longer need you (because Micro$oft) so byeeeee'...

It's not unlikely that this is only a timed-exclusive. The fact that everyone who has anything to say about it is being so vague regarding the subject, it makes you wonder... Maybe MS is using this time to lure more people to their side, to sell as many Xbones as possible to gullible people who might think that it's the only way to get to play this game. And then, when the time is right, they might reveal that it's coming to the PC and PS4 after all. Just a little later. Even if that is the case, I will not buy it. It makes things even worse! How can they keep us in the dark like that, it's incredibly rude! Unbelievable. You people deserve neither my support nor my money. :mad:

Poor Lara, maybe one day she and the Tomb Raider IP will belong to a company that will treat her, and us, with more respect. Hopefully it will be a UK-based studio, Crystal Dynamics never got it right anyway. Goodbye for now. :wave:

slipwagon
13th Aug 2014, 03:02
A few complains in the other threads will let you vote. Let's make sure they will know how bad their marketing decision was, by the numbers.

I could spam the nasty facebook page I created on the matter but I'm not looking to get kicked off the forums

QiX
13th Aug 2014, 03:12
I could spam the nasty facebook page I created on the matter but I'm not looking to get kicked off the forums

You're right. There is also this time limit I forgot, it's not just a matter of post count, so spamming won't really be a shortcut. Not really much to do now but to keep voicing your opinion, I'm afraid, which is not few.

Tihocan
13th Aug 2014, 03:49
I'm so torn... I was going to get an XBone, when the next generation build came about, so I'm not really affected - but this sort or corporate behaviour I find highly disturbing and disrespectful.

Avatlantis
13th Aug 2014, 05:33
No. no way. For tomb raider I get no xbox one.

Adia
13th Aug 2014, 05:40
I'm not buying a console just to buy a game. Even if it was a game that I was really waiting to buy.

NSW_pride
13th Aug 2014, 05:50
I don't have a next gen console yet. I was planning to go from X360 to PS4, but I don't know what I'll do now!

I'll wait a few days/weeks before I make up my mind whether to boycott or not.

Leon S. Kennedy
13th Aug 2014, 05:57
I don't have a next gen console yet. I was planning to go from X360 to PS4, but I don't know what I'll do now!

I'll wait a few days/weeks before I make up my mind whether to boycott or not.

I keep reading there will be a 360 version of this game as well. Makes sense with Xbone install base being so low. I don't own either so I'm still screwed. Oh well it will be there loss next holiday season when PS4 has 25 million consoles in homes and M$ has around 12 million Xbones sold.

NoSubmission
13th Aug 2014, 06:15
Seeing as how i can't vote. The answer is no. Ill just wait till they release it on PC.

Falcon
13th Aug 2014, 06:26
Had the perfect day planned, thanks CD you just ruined it! Been playing TR on PC since 1997's TR2. If this was a new franchise, sure make it exclusive, but all of us have been around for ages. Man I was looking forward to our 20 years of TR celebration in 2016. I can understand if they did this for extra money but not consulting with fans before hand, that's just low. Do they they realise that after almost 20 years we would have gone to hell and back to support this game. Now we are all forced to buy a console many of us don't even like. I don't think I've ever been this disappointed. I love TR and it breaks me, but I will not buy this game for Xbox One.

DragonFire7007
13th Aug 2014, 06:30
Cant vote, but NO. I will not be buying it. I had an Xbox One, but I really didn't like the console at all, so I sold it. And Tomb Raider DE ran like crap on it compared to PS4. Not only will I not be buying Rise of the Tomb Raider on XBO, I will not be buying Temple of Osiris on PS4, or any other Square published games on ANY system until they release RotTR on PS4 and PC. While I personally don't care about a PC version, I think they should release the game on all current gen platforms so all TR fans can play it. I don't really care about a last gen version, as I'd rather have them focus on advancing the series, and by the time it comes out most fans will have moved on to new systems anyway.

evilbert70
13th Aug 2014, 07:04
No in fact cd nor M$ will never see another dime
I will not buy tomb raider nor gex nor any other old
Classic game made by you and I am considering
To boycott square Enix you heard me the ff series
sucks any way !! Hope your new buddies love
You cause you just lost me for all time!!!!!!
Real Dick move!!!!!

LustigePerson
13th Aug 2014, 07:08
I can't belive this.
Played every TR on PC from the beginning!
NEVER,EVER will i buy a XBOX.
I hope CD got a lot of money from M$ to compensate for all the lost Fans.
F*** it!

evilbert70
13th Aug 2014, 07:33
My wallet is now exclusive to playstation
Apple or lynx and naughty dog!!!! So there you
Have it piss us off all at once and see what happens!!!!

ZipandIareTight
13th Aug 2014, 07:59
Even if they are trying to compete on the Sony exclusive Uncharted Series, they would still get more money break even if they have a PC release. Uncharted is a more popular series as far as exclusives go because they haven't had to go through changes in developers due to faulty games. Being that this is the second reboot of the franchise, and the second reboot by CD alone they will need as much support as possible to make sure a third reboot isn't required. Lets face it, as much as I love Tomb Raider including the 2013 release, it's going into Uncharted territory (pun intended) and will not come out on top. Naughty Dogs most recent release was a contender for GoTY even as a Sony exclusive. I want Tomb Raider to live on.

AlineShenon
13th Aug 2014, 07:59
No!

sid6581
13th Aug 2014, 08:16
Not on Xbox or any other system now, treating fans like this makes TR pretty much dead for me.

I mean - I played the first Tomb Raider on a PC twice, first the original release, after that with a 3Dfx Voodoo card. I missed no game of the series expect Angel of Darkness, I have a statue on my desk but this is it for me, I feel really disrespected by Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix and I won't support such a behaviour.

Tecstar70
13th Aug 2014, 08:20
The question being asked here is will you buy the game, not the console. Most people here have the preferred platform for gaming and it is not you that MS are trying to entice. Having a big name game as an exclusive on the shelves will catch the parent buying market and the light gaming kids who will be attracted to it. Sure there may be some extra sales from heavy gamers too but you guys are not the main audience for this deal. MS need to shift boxes to the casual market.

AdeleDazeem
13th Aug 2014, 08:23
Alright then. Yes I will get it, if it truly releases on 360 too. I don't own one of those, but I have friends who do. And they're not expensive used. And I'll get it again on PS4 if possible at some point.

moogle
13th Aug 2014, 09:14
Heck No, I have learned this lesson since I experienced this kind of Xbox exclusivity previously and I will not bite the same bait again. Back when Panzer dragoon was a Xbox Exclusive, after some consideration I decided to buy a Xbox. I realized after I beat Halo, panzer dragoon, there is no more xbox game that I am interested with. At the end, the xbox just sit on my cabinet collecting dust. Paid $250 just to play few xbox games that I am interested, big mistake for my wallet...nowdays I rather save my money and watch someone's game walkthrough on youtube for this kind of exclusivity 'mayhem'. No Tomb Raider on PC means no $$$ from me.

chinmi
13th Aug 2014, 09:39
Already got a decent gaming PC, xbox 360, ps4 and a wii U. I WILL NOT BUY AN XBOX ONE just to play TOMB RAIDER !!!!!

Heck the only console I play is the wii U right now, the xbox 360 and the ps4 is just gathering dust under my TV.

Falcon
13th Aug 2014, 10:17
I just hate it when companies try and manipulate consumers like this. They must think we are complete and utter fools. I'm just going to hold out till it released on PC and PS before I buy it. As a fan since 1997, there is no way I can not ever buy this game, but I can wait. :mad2:

Stefanvdm1389
13th Aug 2014, 10:19
no

Jack Pipsam
13th Aug 2014, 10:57
Yes.

I have an Xbox One and I plan on getting the game when it comes out.

Maverick99
13th Aug 2014, 10:59
No.

I wouldn't even buy it if they threw in an Xbox One for free. I don't waste money on inferior versions...

Kubalik
13th Aug 2014, 11:06
No. I hate Microsoft and Xbox.

i very disappointed at the news of TR:RoT being an Xbone exlcusive.
Tomb Raider was my love, i played every part on PlayStation, but now is dead for my. Why? Crystal Dynamics like more money that fans. I wish you more money guys, and fewer fans.
RIP Lara 1996-2013

ltshaunbrownuk
13th Aug 2014, 11:10
Why would any consumer, buy a product from a company whom has repeatedly LIED to consumers faces? You know Microsoft and the Xbone. So no I won't buy an Xbone!

Also why would any consumer choose to switch platforms for a company CD/SE. You know the ones choosing to completely disrespect it's previous customers whom are actually the ones, who have kept the franchise alive by supporting it (both money and time).

You cant make a 2 way street a 1 way street and expect nothing to change!

I have lost any and all respect for CD/SE! Enjoy the £10 or less bargin bin!

Lycantendencies
13th Aug 2014, 11:17
I keep reading there will be a 360 version of this game as well.
Makes no difference to me. I have a 360, but The TR reboot is an ongoing narrative, and the 360 is near the end of it's cycle so by 3 or at a stretch 4 we'll be in the same position of XboxOne or nothing.
Seems pointless to waste money now when the outcome will still be the same.

chisthegamer
13th Aug 2014, 13:27
NOOOOOO!!!!! Way in hell

MollyMog
13th Aug 2014, 16:39
It's a day later and I am still upset. I don't like the PR. I don't like the business practices...But I will buy RotTR on PS4 in 2016 if it's just a timed exclusive.

But poor Lara Croft caught in the middle. I feel bad for her!!!! I will not boycott TR games, but I WILL NOT BUY XBOXONE for this. I can wait to buy it on the PS4.

As bad as the PR was from CD, I feel bad. I'm sure they were given A LOT of money. I am more upset that big MS basically bribed them for a timed exclusive.

Chocolate_shake
13th Aug 2014, 17:47
Even if I owned an Xbox one , I would not purchase the game . I won't be a part of the nonsense square and microsoft are perpetrating .

d1n0_xD
13th Aug 2014, 18:02
^ Let me ask you something, Motoleo, do you know how exclusives work?

Error96_
13th Aug 2014, 18:46
I will never get an Xbox 1. Micosoft idea of having a console as a multimedia device rather than primarily a console is something I don't like.

I will get TR if it's out on PS3/Xbox but even as a massive TR fan I won't spend hundreds on pounds to get one game.

IvanaKC
13th Aug 2014, 19:36
Nobody said anything when PS did it. :/

What did PS exactly do? Get themselves a completely new series instead of trying to make a huge, multiplatform franchise exclusive for their console?

d1n0_xD
13th Aug 2014, 19:42
^ Yeah, how dare they :p

jdm1013
13th Aug 2014, 19:53
Definitely not. I will not be forced to buy a console that is inferior just to play this game. Boo to Crystal Dynamics for its terrible decision. I will be hard pressed to find a reason to buy any future releases from them. I have always been a supporter of their games, and this is my payback.

Lycantendencies
13th Aug 2014, 20:40
What did PS exactly do? Get themselves a completely new series instead of trying to make a huge, multiplatform franchise exclusive for their console?

I think he's talking about early TRs.
Sony also did it with other franchises.
However, contrary to what he said, people have criticized Sony over the years for it.
And multi platform titles going single company has become so scarce because it's proved unpopular, whoever has done it.

d1n0_xD
13th Aug 2014, 20:53
^ Yes, but as far as I know, Sony's exclusives were new IPs and that's okay in my book.

Hmm exclusive means what it says. I'll be happy to be a part of it.

Of course.

Weemanply109
13th Aug 2014, 20:58
Let this gif answer your questions! :lol:

http://s27.postimg.org/7mhw5iwz5/insta.gif

Munchakoopas
13th Aug 2014, 21:00
Let this gif answer your questions! :lol:

http://s27.postimg.org/7mhw5iwz5/insta.gif

<3

a_big_house
13th Aug 2014, 21:01
That is the most intelligent gif I've seen in ages.
The reveal of the Xbone face is EXACTLY what the Gamescom reveal was like

Weemanply109
13th Aug 2014, 21:11
The feels from that gif are indeed like the gamescon event and our reactions were captured well by Lara. :lol: Even show knows ****s up. I just keep staring at it.

Munchakoopas
13th Aug 2014, 21:12
The feels from that gif are indeed like the gamescon event and our reactions were captured well by Lara. :lol: Even show knows ****s up. I just keep staring at it.

I should probably of asked first, but i posted this on Steam community instantly cause it was that good. Let me know if you want me to take it down ;)

Weemanply109
13th Aug 2014, 21:13
I should probably of asked first, but i posted this on Steam community instantly cause it was that good. Let me know if you want me to take it down ;)

Don't worry, it's not my gif. I found it and felt the urgent need to share it.

Can you link me to the Steam community part you linked it to? I wanna like/comment on it to show support. :lol:

EDIT: Nevermind, found it myself. I commented. My Steam Nickname is "↓FallOfTheXboneExclusive↓" btw.

Munchakoopas
13th Aug 2014, 21:17
Don't worry, it's not my gif. I found it and felt the urgent need to share it.

Can you link me to the Steam community part you linked it to? I wanna like/comment on it to show support. :lol:

EDIT: Nevermind, found it myself. I commented. My Steam Nickname is "↓FallOfTheXboneExclusive↓" btw.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=300087779

Figured that might of been you :P

d1n0_xD
13th Aug 2014, 21:21
I can't see the gif :(

Munchakoopas
13th Aug 2014, 21:23
I can't see the gif :(

Well that was fast, my whole Artwork collection is now gone including screenshots :D
"You currently have no artwork stored in the Steam Cloud. To upload artwork, go to the related Game Hub's Artwork tab and look for the Upload Artwork button at the top right."

DAMN YOU SE

Edit: WAIT.. ITS ALL BACK UP NOW! xD

Flintmelody
14th Aug 2014, 10:20
You couldn't even give me an xbox one.

Tecstar70
14th Aug 2014, 10:28
You couldn't even give me an xbox one.

Just for the record, if any one IS giving away an Xbox One i'd be happy to accept. :naughty:

a_big_house
14th Aug 2014, 10:30
Just for the record, if any one IS giving away an Xbox One i'd be happy to accept. :naughty:

Yeah, me too. It take the free Xbone and still not buy Rise on it :cool:

Murphdawg1
14th Aug 2014, 10:34

It probably makes a great door stop:lol:

d1n0_xD
14th Aug 2014, 11:59
CD/SE should buy all of us an Xbox. Microsoft sells their console, CD/SE sells their game, we all get it at the same time, everybody wins :p

Metalrocks
14th Aug 2014, 13:45
love the gif :lol:

sounds like a good idea. if you buy TR, you for free a xbone. if they would use this scheme, M$ would actually make some wins there. :p

Munchakoopas
14th Aug 2014, 13:50

If they want to give me one, sure, but they can keep their kinect spycam.

Tecstar70
14th Aug 2014, 13:51

I'll take that too.

Metalrocks
14th Aug 2014, 13:56

at least its not mandatory anymore. so you can relax. thats something M$ changed quickly after so many complaints.

Munchakoopas
14th Aug 2014, 13:57
at least its not mandatory anymore. so you can relax. thats something M$ changed quickly after so many complaints.

Oh i know they changed it. I just don't want that thing in my house.

Metalrocks
14th Aug 2014, 14:01
Oh i know they changed it. I just don't want that thing in my house.

thats why i keep disconnecting my webcam after finishing chatting on skype. :D

Valenka
14th Aug 2014, 16:06
I don't believe in that conspiracy nonsense, that people are watching you through your webcam or Kinect camera. It's scientifically impossible for anyone to hack into your computer webcam and watch you unless you download any viruses or malware that contain software similar to what technical support agents use to "screen share."

Screen sharing is essentially, in a nutshell, a small piece of software that allows an individual to control your computer remotely from their end. I've done it before when having some computer issues years ago and I was always able to exit the software at will if desired.

So, unless you click on someone's link and end up having such a software installed on your computer, you can put your paranoia to rest. I've had my webcam plugged in for years until I stopped using it; it always glowed orange on the side to show it was in use and never did so unless I activated it myself to webchat or record a video or take a picture.

As for the Xbox's Kinect, I'm not sure how its functionality works aside from the obvious: when it's on, you can clearly tell. When my Xbox is off, so is the Kinect, which clearly makes it impossible for anyone to watch me through it. When it's on, however, I don't know; that's anyone's guess.

If Microsoft wants to watch me through my Kinect, go right ahead. I'm not that much of an interesting person behind closed doors. I'm either playing a video game or watching Netflix or television. If Microsoft wants to watch me do those things, they can knock themselves out.

If you aren't a fan of the Kinect, then buy an Xbox that comes without it for $100 less. If you have an Xbox with a Kinect, unplug it and put it back in the box or to the side. It won't work unless it's plugged in, so you don't have to worry about people watching you.

For those saying, "Well I don't want that thing in my house," you're just foolish. Simply refrain from picking up the Xbox with the Kinect packaged together, or if you do, sell the Kinect, trade it in at GameStop, or destroy it. I don't really care. :p

Leon S. Kennedy
14th Aug 2014, 16:12
I don't believe in that conspiracy nonsense, that people are watching you through your webcam or Kinect camera. It's scientifically impossible for anyone to hack into your computer webcam and watch you unless you download any viruses or malware that contain software similar to what technical support agents use to "screen share."

Screen sharing is essentially, in a nutshell, a small piece of software that allows an individual to control your computer remotely from their end. I've done it before when having some computer issues years ago and I was always able to exit the software at will if desired.

So, unless you click on someone's link and end up having such a software installed on your computer, you can put your paranoia to rest. I've had my webcam plugged in for years until I stopped using it; it always glowed orange on the side to show it was in use and never did so unless I activated it myself to webchat or record a video or take a picture.

As for the Xbox's Kinect, I'm not sure how its functionality works aside from the obvious: when it's on, you can clearly tell. When my Xbox is off, so is the Kinect, which clearly makes it impossible for anyone to watch me through it. When it's on, however, I don't know; that's anyone's guess.

If Microsoft wants to watch me through my Kinect, go right ahead. I'm not that much of an interesting person behind closed doors. I'm either playing a video game or watching Netflix or television. If Microsoft wants to watch me do those things, they can knock themselves out.

If you aren't a fan of the Kinect, then buy an Xbox that comes without it for $100 less. If you have an Xbox with a Kinect, unplug it and put it back in the box or to the side. It won't work unless it's plugged in, so you don't have to worry about people watching you.

For those saying, "Well I don't want that thing in my house," you're just foolish. Simply refrain from picking up the Xbox with the Kinect packaged together, or if you do, sell the Kinect, trade it in at GameStop, or destroy it. I don't really care. :p

I absolutely believe it. I believe the government can get access to any online camera you own. Laptop, phone, tablet, etc.

Valenka
14th Aug 2014, 16:28
I absolutely believe it. I believe the government can get access to any online camera you own. Laptop, phone, tablet, etc.

Care to explain why?

a_big_house
14th Aug 2014, 16:37
Care to explain why?

Can I? :D

I think they could if they wanted to, the tech is there for them to use. I just think they choose not to use it, after all, where's the fun in staring at my face whilst I stare at these forums for 10 hours a day :lol:

Weemanply109
14th Aug 2014, 17:36
What if I have a nip slip in front of my kinect? *giggles* Microsoft will get the exclusives. :p

I'm pretty sure unless the communication between you and the partner is encrypted then it's pretty easy for hackers to gain access to webcam footage and such without controlling your computer. I'm sure I read about this in relation to the NSA fiasco and such.

Let's be honest, if hackers can easily obtain such information from those means then I have no doubt Governments haven't tried their hand at such ways too. They're the ones that want control so it makes sense that they'd want do to this kind of thing.

FarronFox
15th Aug 2014, 01:43
Nah, either PC and/or PS4 for me.

dandins
15th Aug 2014, 09:18
not even for free. i want a ps4 version!

Tihocan
15th Aug 2014, 09:43
What if I have a nip slip in front of my kinect? *giggles* Microsoft will get the exclusives. :p

:lol: :thumb:

a_big_house
15th Aug 2014, 09:51

Now that's a Microsoft exclusive I'd buy! :lol:

Valenka
15th Aug 2014, 12:17
I'm pretty sure unless the communication between you and the partner is encrypted then it's pretty easy for hackers to gain access to webcam footage and such without controlling your computer.

Yeah if you're using like, Skype or Omegle or a program or service that can be hacked. But I mean like unless you're using your webcam online, through a website or something, it's literally impossible for someone to watch you through it.

Your computer can't be hacked unless you willingly or inadvertently install a backdoor for a hacker to use.

Metalrocks
15th Aug 2014, 12:34
Yeah if you're using like, Skype or Omegle or a program or service that can be hacked. But I mean like unless you're using your webcam online, through a website or something, it's literally impossible for someone to watch you through it.

Your computer can't be hacked unless you willingly or inadvertently install a backdoor for a hacker to use.

well, someone got banned from xbox because he used profanity in a private that. so M$ is watching you.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escapist-news-now/8505-Xbox-One-Users-Banned-For-Swearing

yeah, its old news but still, you cant trust them.

Valenka
15th Aug 2014, 12:43
well, someone got banned from xbox because he used profanity in a private that. so M$ is watching you.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escapist-news-now/8505-Xbox-One-Users-Banned-For-Swearing

yeah, its old news but still, you cant trust them.

Uh...did you even read the article?
They got banned for using profanity on Skype and through videos posted to the Upload Studio, not in a private chat.

Paranoia of Microsoft discredited.

dandins
15th Aug 2014, 13:09
Cross-subsidization.

Microsoft wants to "buy" their console back into the market and in this case TR will suffer - concerning!!! I can understand MS offering such exclusive deals because they really have a hard time with their ****Box.

But Square Enix is the idiot right here. Accepting such a deal shows how shortsighted they think. Releasing a game like TR on a console wich:
-has officially 30-50% less graphic power
-significant lower sales numbers
-has a pretty bad reputation after all the microsoft **** last year ( cutting players freedom)
will end up in flop sales numbers for the game.

I am also concerned about the fact that the game will be released for the last gen console. Both versions will have the same content and the new gen version will allways suffer under this compatibility issue - allways and without a doubt.

We really dont need another 720p game on the ****Box..

Hopefully SE will realize that this kills the game and bring out a beautiful ps4 version.

andrew90
15th Aug 2014, 13:24
I would rather pay double for a ps4 version of the game than buy an X1. The PS4 is better in every way for me. Microsoft shoul stick with windows cause the xbox sucks.

Valenka
15th Aug 2014, 13:27
I would rather pay double for a ps4 version of the game than buy an X1. The PS4 is better in every way for me. Microsoft shoul stick with windows cause the xbox sucks.

I would too, considering $120 is a lot cheaper than $500.
Please, keep your opinions fair and respectful, some people actually like the Xbox. :)

andrew90
15th Aug 2014, 13:35
I was just expressing my opinion, sorry if I offended someone. I think even people who like xbox1 think the ps4 is better:D

dandins
15th Aug 2014, 13:41
I was just expressing my opinion, sorry if I offended someone. I think even people who like xbox1 think the ps4 is better:D

I think even Micro$oft knows that ps4 is better - otherwise games wouldnt run on 720p while ps4 delivers 1080p on higher detail.

Rhinala
15th Aug 2014, 15:20
I am a PC player played tomb raider from 2003, I am one of the few who really loved angel of darkness (purchased it again on GoG last year). For me there is no chance that i will buy a platform that i am not going to use in order to play a game even if i think it will be a great one.
In my opinion SE lost faith, i am not sure that raise of the tomb raider will not be exclusive, the exact wording if i recall correctly We don't own the franchise people will be able to play tomb raider on other platforms. Even if the exclusiveness will be timed SE will remain a company that i don't want to support. SE was one of the game companies that i prospected sorry to see them going in the EA route.

The witcher 3 will be out in 2015 and will be modable, geralt will be able to traverse anything so i guess a mod influenced by the spirit of TR might be one of my first projects there.

Metalrocks
15th Aug 2014, 15:30
They got banned for using profanity on Skype and through videos posted to the Upload Studio, not in a private chat.

sorry, i havent. i just knew that someone got banned because of profanity and i knew that where i read it. sorry i got that fact wrong but anyway, its M$ we are talking about.

drkl0rd2000
15th Aug 2014, 22:26
Nope!!

I do not have an Xbox One and will not purchase a system for any game no matter what that game may promise.

JaxGames
15th Aug 2014, 22:34
Yes I will.I'm most likely going to get the white Sunset Overdrive bundle. I'm not however getting an Xbox One just for Tomb Raider that'd be ridiculous and unjustifiable however I still will buy TR at launch so I can experience the greatness it will be. I will too probably get TR for PS4 if it comes out further down the line.I can't miss out on that platinum xD

Murphdawg1
15th Aug 2014, 22:48
Yes I will.I'm most likely going to get the white Sunset Overdrive bundle. I'm not however getting an Xbox One just for Tomb Raider that'd be ridiculous and unjustifiable however I still will buy TR at launch so I can experience the greatness it will be. I will too probably get TR for PS4 if it comes out further down the line.I can't miss out on that platinum xD

If I had an Xbox One(I don't and never will) I would not buy ROTTR just for the fact that what they're doing is a terrible disservice to the fans. Square and Crystal should be punished for being shortsighted and completely screwing over the fans on other platforms. I don't care if someone is the biggest TR fan there is at some point you have to have some kind of principles and values otherwise you just turn into a fanboy/girl and by purchasing their product you are condoning their practice.

Valenka
16th Aug 2014, 14:22
sorry, i havent. i just knew that someone got banned because of profanity and i knew that where i read it. sorry i got that fact wrong but anyway, its M$ we are talking about.

And?
Your entire reasoning behind your paranoia was just discredited and you're still basically like, "Oh...well Microsoft sucks anyway so whatever."

Really?
I'm starting to think some people just want to hate Microsoft for whatever reason they can get. :rolleyes:

Metalrocks
16th Aug 2014, 15:09
And?
Your entire reasoning behind your paranoia was just discredited and you're still basically like, "Oh...well Microsoft sucks anyway so whatever."

Really?
I'm starting to think some people just want to hate Microsoft for whatever reason they can get. :rolleyes:

like i said, i just knew there was a case, i looked it up and posted it. big deal. doesnt mean you have to get that worked up about it.

Valenka
16th Aug 2014, 15:55
like i said, i just knew there was a case, i looked it up and posted it. big deal. doesnt mean you have to get that worked up about it.

I'm not getting worked up, I'm struggling to understand why even after being disproved, you're still perpetuating negativity about the situation. :scratch:

Metalrocks
16th Aug 2014, 16:04
just pointing out points from M$ what they did. and lately they do get some negative articles. especially since the announcement of the xbox and what its requirement were back then. and what ever M$ said to SE that that this franchise should be exclusive, just proofs how desperate they are to sell their box.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
24th Aug 2014, 01:09
Am holding on for PS4/PC release.

Driber
24th Aug 2014, 14:23
Sorry for butting in, Metal, but Valenka is right in his criticism towards your post (#195). When you try to provide proof of something and the proof is debunked, waving it off by saying something like "oh well, I was wrong, but MS still can't be trusted" seriously undermines the credibility of your argument, and in this particular case I don't blame Valenka for thinking that you just want to hate MS.

Having said that, here's a twist - you weren't wrong, and Valenka didn't actually debunk the article you provided :p

'The bans are associated with Upload Studio and Skype, and are received when users upload videos or have chats using what is being deemed "inappropriate content."'

The OR is important here, as it implies that yes, MS is indeed watching in on private chats. The reporter even explicitly mentions reddit users who claim to have been banned for swearing in private chats.

This is incorrect.

It certainly is not "scientifically impossible" (whatever that means :nut:) for someone to watch a user through his webcam or kinect camera without a trojan horse being installed on your computer/console.

First of all, all operating systems are theoretically susceptible to security holes. If a hacker finds one of these holes, he could get access to your computer or console without having to send you some email containing a trojan horse.

Second, any person who has access to the data stream generated by the webcam can theoretically watch in on it. And by the very nature of the internet, many people have access as the data has to go through a whole bunch of hoops to get from end user A to end user B.

Even when the data is encrypted doesn't guarantee that it is safe from being spied on. Encryption only works as well as the weakest link in the chain. If someone breaks the encryption, you're screwed. Encrypting data only means it may make it harder for people to crack the code; it doesn't make it impossible.

So, unless you click on someone's link and end up having such a software installed on your computer, you can put your paranoia to rest.

Yeah I'm sure YOU used some kind of consumer friendly software that is very straight forward and very visible/transparent. Don't fool yourself into thinking that good hackers and big government agencies all use these primitive tools.

I've had my webcam plugged in for years until I stopped using it; it always glowed orange on the side to show it was in use and never did so unless I activated it myself to webchat or record a video or take a picture.

Exactly - YOUR webcam lights up when in use. What about all other webcams that don't?

Also, I'm sure it is scientifically impossible for someone who has access to your computer to reprogram some code so that it doesn't light up when it's in use, right? RIGHT?

As for the Xbox's Kinect, I'm not sure how its functionality works aside from the obvious: when it's on, you can clearly tell. When my Xbox is off, so is the Kinect, which clearly makes it impossible for anyone to watch me through it.

See above.

When it's on, however, I don't know; that's anyone's guess.

Well there we go...

Ahhh, the age old "I've got nothing to hide, so I got nothing to worry about" argument. Governments LOVE people like you ;)

I wonder if you'll still use this argument when your country openly turns into a full on big brother type police state and your every move is being watched and you're being patted down at every street corner. You got nothing to hide, right?

I also wonder if you think this argument works for people who have their xbox in their bedroom...

Isn't that exactly how this discussion started? By Munchakoopas saying that he'll USE the xbox but that MS can keep their kinect cam, and Metal responding by saying that he can relax because it's no longer mandatory? You seem to be preaching to the converted :p

How is that foolish? You yourself even suggest in this very same paragraph that Munchakoopas can simply sell the kinect or trade it in at GS or even destroy it - how does that not support the very thing he himself said about not wanting the kinect in his house? :p

Care to explain why?

Sure, watch this:

8bSplc33CLA

Wrong.

Wrong.

FunnyTrauma
24th Aug 2014, 20:48
Am holding on for PS4/PC release.

I'd like to do that too but.. Nooo i'm too weak guess i'm gonna buy it for xbox360. Or not. Well yes. Oh i don't know ._.

BeastCallisto
24th Aug 2014, 21:38
Watching the Young Turks about the webcam spying in the Tomb Raider Forums. I like that.
Driber is, of course, absolutly right. The corporations, that build computers and webcams and that write software HELP the governments to spy on you. Thats why I don't own a webcam.

As for the question of the thread: No. I don't own Xbox 360 or one so I won't buy the game.

RosePetals
24th Aug 2014, 22:49
Nope, nope, nope.
Like GemmaDarkmoon and so many others, I'll be waiting for the PS4 release (if there ever will be one).

^ LOL at the off-topic (yet very interesting) discussion, by the way.

Metalrocks
25th Aug 2014, 02:32
Sorry for butting in, Metal, but Valenka is right in his criticism towards your post (#195). When you try to provide proof of something and the proof is debunked, waving it off by saying something like "oh well, I was wrong, but MS still can't be trusted" seriously undermines the credibility of your argument, and in this particular case I don't blame Valenka for thinking that you just want to hate MS.

Having said that, here's a twist - you weren't wrong, and Valenka didn't actually debunk the article you provided :p

'The bans are associated with Upload Studio and Skype, and are received when users upload videos or have chats using what is being deemed "inappropriate content."'

The OR is important here, as it implies that yes, MS is indeed watching in on private chats. The reporter even explicitly mentions reddit users who claim to have been banned for swearing in private chats.

im not saying he is wrong for what i have said. you read for your self why. after all, its nearly a year old video and i watched it only once. obvious i will get some facts wrong. thats all i was trying to say that i was wrong about what i thought originally.

Weemanply109
25th Aug 2014, 12:05
+1 reason for not using Skype, I guess. :D

Valenka
25th Aug 2014, 12:50
If Microsoft is watching me through my Kinect, I really should watch my language a little more when I'm playing online. They may think I have an incredibly limited vocabulary...or Tourette's Syndrome.

NaughtyOttsel22
25th Aug 2014, 13:33
Have an Xbox One but definitely not, I hate the XB1 controller with a passion and the install times are just awful.

I've played TR since 1996 on PC and PS systems and that sure as hell ain't changing cause MS can't make their own Uncharted style game.

Mick2412
6th Sep 2014, 12:44
I will still get PS4 this gen as Sony and playstation seem more focused on the games rather than other things.

NaughtyOttsel22
6th Sep 2014, 12:47
Nope and if it doesn't come to PS4, I'll just get it on PC and play it using the PS4 controller.

M$ can get lost.

Gonga
14th Sep 2014, 04:10
I've played them all and this will be the first TR I won't be playing. I will never own a console. Sad day for TR.

Fornix
14th Sep 2014, 06:50
Came across this topic on another forum. Apparently new users aren't allowed to vote in polls here. But if I could, my vote would have gone out to "No" like the majority here. If Eidos comes to their senses and releases on PS4, I'll be picking up this game. Otherwise I'll pass.

Metalrocks
14th Sep 2014, 08:29
Came across this topic on another forum. Apparently new users aren't allowed to vote in polls here. But if I could, my vote would have gone out to "No" like the majority here. If Eidos comes to their senses and releases on PS4, I'll be picking up this game. Otherwise I'll pass.

hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

if im not mistaken, you have to be here for over 2 weeks and haven a small amount on comments posted here before you are allowed to vote.

Raider-Of-Tombs
14th Sep 2014, 12:06
I am prepared to but this game on any platform. I know it's a bit of a kick in the nether area for playstation gamer, but I'm a long time tomb raider fan and I don't tend to get caught up in this console war. I like tomb raider. I like Lara. I'll go where she goes :cool:

Metalrocks
14th Sep 2014, 12:44
I am prepared to but this game on any platform. I know it's a bit of a kick in the nether area for playstation gamer, but I'm a long time tomb raider fan and I don't tend to get caught up in this console war. I like tomb raider. I like Lara. I'll go where she goes :cool:

even when it leads to your doom? :whistle:

AdeleDazeem
14th Sep 2014, 12:44
I love Tomb Raider. But I also love Ratchet, Sly and Uncharted. So yeah... can't have all 4 because 'reasons'.

Raider-Of-Tombs
14th Sep 2014, 12:48
even when it leads to your doom? :whistle:
ESPECIALLY when it leads to my doom "muwahahah"

Driber
14th Sep 2014, 13:41
Man, XB1 is getting slaughtered.

http://i.imgur.com/NgJVTZe.png
http://i.imgur.com/NgJVTZe.png

Valenka
14th Sep 2014, 13:46
At this point, I can't tell if people really dislike the Xbox One or just out of spite toward Microsoft.

IvanaKC
14th Sep 2014, 14:05
At this point, I can't tell if people really dislike the Xbox One or just out of spite toward Microsoft.

Maybe none. I chose Windows because of mouse and keyboard so I can't say that I dislike Xbox, I simply cannot adjust to controllers. And I use a Microsoft product so no hate from me. :p

Lord Martok
14th Sep 2014, 16:50
I use Microsoft based PC's as well, largely for CG modeling and animation....but Xbox One is still not in my sights or my future because I still don't trust that Microsoft will stay away from the policies it attempted to introduce for Xbox One and then recanted.

I like mouse and kb as well....better yet, mouse and Nostromo keypad. :). Sony has at least allowed third parties to try and introduce a mouse/keypad setup on PS3, but it just never took off. I tried it, and it just felt awkward...but maybe I didn't monkey around with the settings enough.

One would figure that since consoles are really becoming "fixed architecture" PC's that a mouse/kb or mouse/keypad option would be a no brainer. But, I'm also too used to controllers on a console. On a PC, I'll use mouse and keypad....sometimes a controller....it just depends on how it feels and functions. I'm not a PC snob, so it makes little difference to me.

Besides, on PC it's too easy for hackers to completely ruin the fun of games....not saying consoles are immune, but the instances don't seem as frequent.

Valenka
14th Sep 2014, 19:48
Besides, on PC it's too easy for hackers to completely ruin the fun of games....not saying consoles are immune, but the instances don't seem as frequent.

You haven't played GTA Online, then. :lol:
Hackers are in abundance. But they're doing more for the gamers than Rockstar ever had since launch.

Lord Martok
14th Sep 2014, 21:22
Lol....mods are one thing...hacks are another. :)

noladixie
15th Sep 2014, 01:13
I'm not buying this game on Xbox1 or PS4

Serpiente
15th Sep 2014, 02:07
I won't ever buy an Xbox One.

Lord Martok
16th Sep 2014, 13:54
I won't buy an Xbox One either, because I entertain no doubts that Microsoft will go right back to implementing the policies that shot themselves in the foot prior to the Xbox One launch in the first place.

I was ready to fully embrace the next-generation of consoles, but after Microsoft's shenanigans (and especially this Tomb Raider deal), I am Sony all the way now. And it's sad too because I've owned both brands since the PS2/Xbox days. And this was, as another poster put it, a way to get around console exclusives. But Xbox One isn't even a consideration. Sadly, this means I will have to be missing out on the next Halo titles....but, I have Destiny on PS4, so it's not a great loss. (and given Microsoft's shenanigans, I consider this to be the ultimate middle finger to Microsoft). :)

I love Tomb Raider, but I am not so desperate for it as to get an Xbox One just to play it.

I will, however, get Temple of Osiris if it comes out on PS4, simply because it has the Lara I know and love. Otherwise, all I am doing is waiting for the timed exclusivity to end...and I can wait. :)

Sophiafan
16th Sep 2014, 14:26
No way. I will wait for PS4 release

just*raidin*tomb
17th Sep 2014, 14:44
I'll be getting an Xbox One eventually anyway so I might as well get one when Rise comes out. Hopefully there'll be some sort of bundle.

Forever sad its not coming to PS4 in the foreseeable future though.

Dragu Slave
18th Sep 2014, 12:28
Hell to the no.

Lara_Fan_84
19th Sep 2014, 18:49
No. I don't have a PS4, but I will have to get one eventually since games are moving to there. A lot of the sequels to the games I play have moved onto next generation consoles.

Charlie.T.Raider
27th Sep 2014, 12:26
I don't like the direction Xbox is going with multimedia so will go for PS4 whatever console TR is or is not coming out out on.

Leon S. Kennedy
28th Sep 2014, 09:48
Nope. Zero interest in Xbox. :)

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End will slaughter Rise Of The Tomb Raider.

Tecstar70
29th Sep 2014, 10:29
I don't like the direction Xbox is going with multimedia so will go for PS4 whatever console TR is or is not coming out out on.

It depends what you mean by multimedia. The ability to play some file formats from external storage on the XB1 has been applauded by a lot of people and PS4 owners are waiting for the same capability. If you mean music and video stores, well Sony has that too. If you mean TV, well you don't have to use it, its not a big part of the XB1. What I am saying is that I don't think this is a defining factor in choosing or not choosing a new-gen console ( unless you mean something different of course!)

On a general note I think the poll question seems out of sync with the answers being given. Maybe the question should have read
"Will you buy an Xbox One to play RotTR"

The actual question is more suited to people who own or have access to an XB1 rather than what appears to be the majority of respondents who are PC and PS4 owners. I think the number of people who buy an XB1 JUST for RotTR is going to be small. That's why the poll result seems to sit on the negative side.

Of course, that may have been the plan, as any poll result can always be twisted to meet an objective by the way the question is asked"

NoDice
29th Sep 2014, 17:36
NO

hiropon056
1st Oct 2014, 10:39
To do so I first would have to buy a xbox one. So it's a "no" for me.

DrCroft
4th Oct 2014, 15:12
Has anyone seen the Game UK page? Probably a mistake, however I did go in today and they were fully aware and taking preorders for rise on Ps4.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-301163?

NSW_pride
4th Oct 2014, 15:34
Has anyone seen the Game UK page? Probably a mistake, however I did go in today and they were fully aware and taking preorders for rise on Ps4.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-301163?

It says "Only on Playstation" on the cover.

Metalrocks
4th Oct 2014, 15:47
now it would be nice if it could say the same thing for pc as well. but unfortunately we all know the truth :(

Tecstar70
4th Oct 2014, 16:59
Common practice to take pre-orders. They probably aren't taking any cash at this point. The game retailers know the score with these things...

Valenka
4th Oct 2014, 17:32
I find it hilarious that they chose the box template that says "Only on PlayStation." :lol:

That is rich.

Gonga
14th Oct 2014, 10:49
I've played every TR game many times, including all the gold levels and hundreds of custom levels. I usually play a new TR game the day it's released. All on PC. I've never owned a console and never will.

It's not just sad for TR but any time a company puts marketing above their loyal fans, it's the worst of the worst, and well deserves an appropriate response from the fans, or should I say lack of response? This move by Microsoft is the epitome of stupidity, and fits well with their Windows 8 strategy.

This will be the first TR game I will not play.

yamatai_veteran
14th Oct 2014, 13:04
After this deal I will never get any Xbox console current or future even it were the only next gen console out there. It's PC/PS4 or not at all for me.

AlexWeiss
14th Oct 2014, 23:30
Lol this is perfect CD can see that this was the wrong move! They will regret it... Just wait and they will beg us. :D

Truthfully I don't think this was a decision on CD's part, I think it was more of $#!t— ehem, Square Enix's deal because Square is the publisher. It's Crystal's game but at the end of the day it's Square Enix's product.

AlexWeiss
14th Oct 2014, 23:33
Late to the party but I might get it on Xbox One. I'm angry at the fact that they alienated a major part of their fanbase (after all, it's been on Playstation since 1996), and I think it's an awful marketing decision, regardless of the millions of dollars MS gave to them, but there are a few other games I wanted to get that are only on the Xbox One and I'll most likely cave in by then.

DamianGraham
14th Oct 2014, 23:58
Truthfully I don't think this was a decision on CD's part, I think it was more of $#!t— ehem, Square Enix's deal because Square is the publisher. It's Crystal's game but at the end of the day it's Square Enix's product.

I actually discussed this too, my opinion has really shifted on CD not being so much to blame as Square Enix

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=2037787&postcount=1611

Publisher's hold the ball over the developers, even if it is the developer's own IP, they need funding for it, and the publisher essentially owns them with the loan it gives them to make the game. If y'all want to be mad, look at Micro$oft, and Square Enix here, not Crystal Dynamics. And as said before, just speak with your wallet, don't support Square Enix titles, and don't cave in and buy XB1. If a message doesn't get sent, we'll just get shafted time and time again by publishers. WE make THEM.

Metalrocks
15th Oct 2014, 01:44
I actually discussed this too, my opinion has really shifted on CD not being so much to blame as Square Enix

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=2037787&postcount=1611

Publisher's hold the ball over the developers, even if it is the developer's own IP, they need funding for it, and the publisher essentially owns them with the loan it gives them to make the game. If y'all want to be mad, look at Micro$oft, and Square Enix here, not Crystal Dynamics. And as said before, just speak with your wallet, don't support Square Enix titles, and don't cave in and buy XB1. If a message doesn't get sent, we'll just get shafted time and time again by publishers. WE make THEM.

thats all very true but in the end, how many will give in afterwards? how many people dont even know TR yet and just buy the game without knowing the actual history of the game and that it used to be multiplatform since 96?

DamianGraham
15th Oct 2014, 02:46
thats all very true but in the end, how many will give in afterwards? how many people dont even know TR yet and just buy the game without knowing the actual history of the game and that it used to be multiplatform since 96?

Well, the true fans are going to know all about this deal and what the history of TR represents for us PS and PC fans- to me it all boils down to this; if you find that you can't not buy the game, all you have to do is buy it used, or rent it from gamefly or something. Here's the deal, I am a fan of Tomb Raider not Square Enix or Crystal Dynamics. They're mediums in which this game is made and brought to me, but honestly if it's going to be whored out for money- I'd rather nobody get the game at all than a select few, Lara deserves more than that and deserves a studio that can recognize it. Till then, all we can do is speak with our money.