PDA

View Full Version : ROTTR 60 FPS on Xbox One?

segamer
12th Aug 2014, 13:31
I have both Xbox One and PS4. I'm not to excited about the exclusive news as Tomb Raider DE didn't preform as well on Xbox One as it did on PS4. Does Crystal Dynamics have a target or goal of 60 fps on Xbox One for ROTTR?

a_big_house
12th Aug 2014, 13:38
I think they should worry about getting 60 sales first :hmm:

d1n0_xD
12th Aug 2014, 13:39

Hahahah damn, it's so funny it's sad :(

JaxGames
12th Aug 2014, 13:40
:lmao: so true

segamer
12th Aug 2014, 14:40
Hey guys... I know Eidos and Crystal Dynamic just **** all over the larger percentage of their fan base for a money hat. I'm not happy either. However, I would like to know if they'll even attempt to match the performance of the PS4.

Almost all the games I have for PS4 run at 60 fps or close to it & I love it. It's hard going back to 30 fps. As mentioned before, I have an Xbox One. I've only purchased 3 games for it; Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 and Rayman. Having been partial to Xbox 360 last generation, Xbox One has been very disappointing to me. I borrowed my friends copy of Tomb Raider DE for Xbox One to do comparisons to the PS4 version and there's no comparison. So, I am worried.

d1n0_xD
12th Aug 2014, 14:42
^ That's not really important right now, though. And human eye can't see the difference, so what's the point?

segamer
12th Aug 2014, 14:47
^ That's not really important right now, though. And human eye can't see the difference, so what's the point?

What are you talking about? Of course you can. Can you tell the difference between a movie and a TV Soup Opera? One is filmed at 24 fps and the other 60 fps.

Tecstar70
12th Aug 2014, 14:49
I don't think we'll see trues specs until mjuch closer to release. If Forza Horizon 2 can run at 60fps 1080p then I don't see why ROTTR couldn't.

segamer
12th Aug 2014, 14:53
I don't think we'll see trues specs until mjuch closer to release. If Forza Horizon 2 can run at 60fps 1080p then I don't see why ROTTR couldn't.

However, the team that made Tomb Raider DE on Xbox One couldn't get the game to run at 60 fps @ 1080p.

Tecstar70
12th Aug 2014, 14:57
However, the team that made Tomb Raider DE on Xbox One couldn't get the game to run at 60 fps @ 1080p.

True, but the further a console gets into its lifecycle the more the devs get out of it. Look how many launch games were not 60fps. They are just starting to leak in on the XB1.

segamer
12th Aug 2014, 15:06
True, but the further a console gets into its lifecycle the more the devs get out of it. Look how many launch games were not 60fps. They are just starting to leak in on the XB1.

Last generation I bought nearly every cross platform game for Xbox 360 because more often than not, they performed better. This generation is the opposite; cross platform games are performing better on Playstation 4.

I'm just going to wait and see. I'm not bias. I just want the best possible version.

kadosho
12th Aug 2014, 15:27
Maybe the new engines just needs some getting used on a different platform. But given its TR, expansive, open world, and high terrain. By now they should be able to push more with the new engine to test its limits. No matter what platform its being played on.

bent toe
12th Aug 2014, 16:07
When they signed thos papers with MS they dident know that they put the nail in the coffin for TR and at the same time ****ed thousands of loyal fans who supported them through the years.

Alan wake comes to mind... that game went well in sales... no? Lol

segamer
12th Aug 2014, 22:17
Well, I can only hope that The Rise of the Tomb Raider is well developed for Xbox One. If it's gimped like every other Xbox One game, I'm passing.

hipeople5100
12th Aug 2014, 23:12
I think that Crystal Dynamic is going to use directx 12 for the game since its coming out in holiday 2015 and microsoft platforms use it even and xbox one.

Leon S. Kennedy
12th Aug 2014, 23:15
Uncharted 4 will run at 1080p/60fps...

unrealized
12th Aug 2014, 23:27
1st. You're asking this with well over a year before release, if God actually existed HE wouldn't know the answer to that.

2nd. After the latest news today about exclusivity, who gives a fukc?

d1n0_xD
12th Aug 2014, 23:36
^ Well, he does, since he's planning on getting it, but only if it's 60fps, which is a shame, IMO xD

RybatGrimes
13th Aug 2014, 00:03

https://31.media.tumblr.com/5dc6b9dde3a3d4be4eee96048d2d44f5/tumblr_inline_na7xhaNkBv1qgigev.gif

No one knows if the game will run at 60fps, and tbh I don't think anyone really cares. Most of the fanbase would just like to know if it's coming to the console they own or not.

Weemanply109
13th Aug 2014, 00:20
Judging by Camilla's words on how "realistic" ROTTR will be and how they're trying to make motion capture more realistic, I'm guessing they're pushing for better visual effects, etc rather than resolution. So I'm probably gonna guess you're gonna get 60fps if resolution is sacrificed (as it always is on that console).

OUCH. :lol: How catty of you. :p

NoSubmission
13th Aug 2014, 07:04
I have both Xbox One and PS4. I'm not to excited about the exclusive news as Tomb Raider DE didn't preform as well on Xbox One as it did on PS4. Does Crystal Dynamics have a target or goal of 60 fps on Xbox One for ROTTR?

At 900p, probably. Maybe... i dunno.

mugenkb1
13th Aug 2014, 07:14
Highly highly doubt it's going to be 60fps. I would wager my bets on 30fps. It is the xbone after all.

Jack Pipsam
13th Aug 2014, 11:00
More and more games on the Xbox One are running at 60fps.

I think it will run at 60fps.
As for 1080p? I have no idea on that side of things, most likely not.

kadosho
13th Aug 2014, 15:47
I find myself a bit curious to just how the dev team wants to include within the game environments. Given how expansive the first new TR was, so much action, pitfalls, reaction time, and your entire landscape changes the more you explore. If we do get to explore more than one huge environment then it will definitely need a boost to envelope us as players tenfold. I think they can do it!

BridgetFisher
13th Aug 2014, 15:48

I dont own an xbone, are there any next gen looking games that are 60 fps at 1080p on an xbone?

FalloftheTR
13th Aug 2014, 16:10

920p, 30 fps locked guaranteed

segamer
13th Aug 2014, 21:49
I dont own an xbone, are there any next gen looking games that are 60 fps at 1080p on an xbone?

Forza 5 runs at 60 fps @ 1080p. I think Wolfenstein does too! Both Call of Duty Ghost and Battlefield 4 run at 60 fps but at a resolution under 1080p.

BiPoLaR_X
13th Aug 2014, 22:24
I have an Xbox One, won't be buying this game, and Forza actually struggles at times.

Munchakoopas
14th Aug 2014, 14:12
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition sold 69 per cent of copies on PS4, with Xbox One sales accounting for just 31 per cent.

The PS4 version runs at twice the frame rate and maintains native 1080p visuals during cutscenes.

Do you think ROTTR will do much better?

BridgetFisher
14th Aug 2014, 15:33
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition sold 69 per cent of copies on PS4, with Xbox One sales accounting for just 31 per cent.

The PS4 version runs at twice the frame rate and maintains native 1080p visuals during cutscenes.

Thats pretty normal for an HD edition, I think it would sell more if they offer loyalty bonuses such as trading in the old game and giving a larger credit towards the HD edition. (Its not like they had to "remake" the game or "rewrite" the story.)

segamer
14th Aug 2014, 18:30

They should be able to do much better. First of all, Kinect initially used 10% of the Xbox One's power. Now it's only uses 2%. However, I have little faith in Xbox One because every multiplatform game has been compromised.

segamer
9th Sep 2014, 22:54
I have an Xbox One, won't be buying this game, and Forza actually struggles at times.
I'm up in the air. All the games I've purchased for PS4, thusfar, run at 1080p @ 60 frames per second; Tomb Raider DE, Last of Us, Lego the Hobbit, Call of Duty Ghost, Battlefield 4, etc... I'm just not going back to 30 frames. I borrowed Tomb Raider DE for Xbox One and it looked like $#!t.

SeanCordernay
10th Sep 2014, 01:47
I still don't understand why the XboxOne wasn't designed to run at 1080p...

a_big_house
10th Sep 2014, 01:49

For the Xbox Onefinity, coming out in 2015...

DamianGraham
10th Sep 2014, 02:51

Because Microsoft focused on the aspects that didn't include gaming, they were more focused on the entertainment aspect as far as watching tv and talking to inanimate game consoles went. Sony was for the games with PS4, not only getting tons of exclusives, but the indie world as well. M$ hasn't been treating indie devs well as of late either, and seem to falter in their creativity dept. The 360 was a great machine, don't get me wrong; but I think they've just made some bad choices in priorities when it came to the One. Who knows, maybe they can turn it around- and if they do, they can give us back Tomb Raider and stop buying 3rd party exclusivity.

Tecstar70
10th Sep 2014, 07:03

Apparently it was. Its just people are having a harder time making it happen on the XB1 than on the PS4.

Because Microsoft focused on the aspects that didn't include gaming, they were more focused on the entertainment aspect as far as watching tv and talking to inanimate game consoles went.

The 360 was a great machine, don't get me wrong; but I think they've just made some bad choices in priorities when it came to the One. .

Yes, they dropped the ball. A lot of their market research pointed to this as what people wanted, and maybe in general they do. Maybe the general demographic WOULD like a gaming/TV/music box with digital distribution a la iTunes, but it was the gamers who spoke loudest and pointed out that actually THEY didn't.

I don't have a problem with DRM and digital distribution per se. I like having digital downloads and of course you need DRM or in reality only one person would need to buy the copy of the game and everyone else could pirate it. The problem for me is that it was to be implemented badly. You should be able to give away, lend or sell your digital games. This could be made to work effectively in this day and age.

The pricing of digital games is a problem as they are seen as higher but MS sell them at RRP where retailers don't. This needs to be addressed too. I don't know the answers to these questions but on paper the principles sound great and that's what MS thought people wanted. I bet that they won't be using that market research company again!

a_big_house
10th Sep 2014, 08:55
Apparently it was. Its just people are having a harder time making it happen on the XB1 than on the PS4.

Some might say Microsoft are having a hard time getting it up... :whistle:

dandins
10th Sep 2014, 18:06
the xbox one game wont run on 60fps if they target 1080p - otherwise there would be huge graphic deficits.

guess 30fps and 1080p is realistic - and still hard to reach if they want to delivers massive graphics with alot of details and effects.

i actually prefer 30fps - it looks much more cinematic.

The question actually is: When they bring it on ps4 - will they use the whole power of the ps4? I doubt that they will not max out the ps4 version because somehow they prefer the microsoft plattform... which is totally not comprehensible for me. As a dev i would prefer the platform that provides the most power to make my game look as best as possible.

Tecstar70
11th Sep 2014, 09:21
the xbox one game wont run on 60fps if they target 1080p - otherwise there would be huge graphic deficits.

guess 30fps and 1080p is realistic - and still hard to reach if they want to delivers massive graphics with alot of details and effects.

i actually prefer 30fps - it looks much more cinematic.

The question actually is: When they bring it on ps4 - will they use the whole power of the ps4? I doubt that they will not max out the ps4 version because somehow they prefer the microsoft plattform... which is totally not comprehensible for me. As a dev i would prefer the platform that provides the most power to make my game look as best as possible.

Destiny is apparently running 1080p 30fps on the Xbox One. There are also some titles that struggle at 60fps on the PS4 and are dropped to 30fps by teh devs.

BridgetFisher
13th Sep 2014, 06:55

Not enough people bought the last origin story now the market is smaller, quite a strange choice. Hope either way it sells enough to keep the series alive. Be a shame if it died off because the new version is to far off from the icon of the Tomb Raider.

Tecstar70
13th Sep 2014, 09:34
Not enough people bought the last origin story now the market is smaller, quite a strange choice. Hope either way it sells enough to keep the series alive. Be a shame if it died off because the new version is to far off from the icon of the Tomb Raider.

Are you referring to TR2013? Can you clarify what you mean by "not enough people"?