PDA

View Full Version : The Suit: customisation options

gkkiller
11th Aug 2014, 12:32
Give us different options for 47's suit. Sounds simple, but let me elaborate.

First, cosmetic differences. Speaks for itself. Going into a mission, you can choose between a number of suits, say:
- classic suit (iconic black suit with red tie)
- Requiem suit (http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140312142542/hitman/images/thumb/3/3b/Requiem91_(1).png/500px-Requiem91_(1).png)
- Agent 17's suit (http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120118040740/hitman/images/8/8a/Agent17.jpg)
- Absolution's 'on the run' suit (http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/hitman-absolution/thumb/a/a4/05_evidence_005.jpg/450px-05_evidence_005.jpg)

There's no gameplay difference - this is just a matter of taste. (Note that I haven't played Contracts Mode, so I don't know if this feature is included in it.)

But then it gets fun.

After you select your suit, you can also buy (buy it once and it stays 'bought) and equip items for 47's suit. For example, say, a pistol holster, or a belt that can hold large melee weapons. These have some fun effects on the gameplay. For example, the pistol holster lets 47 draw his pistol far more quickly than he would be able to if he simply put it in his pocket, and the belt allows 47 to hook on a large melee weapon like a bread knife or a fire axe that normally he'd find hard to conceal.

And now the even more fun part ... these enhancements only apply to 47's suit. They don't affect disguises, because it'd be blatantly ridiculous to see a chef or mechanic walking around with an expensive pistol holster. This gives players additional incentive to play suit only, without disguises.

Of course, some will say that, in Absolution style gameplay, disguises are underpowered enough that additional incentive to play suit only is definitely a bad thing. But, come on, the disguise system has to be one of the first things IO is going to fix, right? And, if you really wanted to keep the benefits of the suit restricted, just limit the number of enhancements/upgrades that can be equipped - say, five on Normal, four on Expert, and two on Professional, or whatever difficulties there are going to be.

Thoughts?

AdrianShephard
11th Aug 2014, 13:12
I like the idea but think the last upgrade/enhancement should allow you to carry whatever it is you bought on all disguises (like the flak vest in BM). Playing suit only is a novelty so why spend your hard earned money on upgrades only for that suit? That's a weird way of playing: suit only but with a gun to kill people. I thought if you play suit only you would generally ghost through.

As for suit colors, I don't think IO should change the trademark suit and allow for different styles/colors. Maybe if you finish the game or something, but not during normal playthrough.

FootFetish4Life
12th Aug 2014, 03:10
I like the idea about different suits. I think a lot of people would love to wear the pin striped suit 47 wears in Blood Money. As well as other suits (a black suit, black tie funeral style suit, very fitting). Maybe they can be unlocked after completing the game or micro-transacted.

After you select your suit, you can also buy (buy it once and it stays 'bought) and equip items for 47's suit. For example, say, a pistol holster, or a belt that can hold large melee weapons. These have some fun effects on the gameplay. For example, the pistol holster lets 47 draw his pistol far more quickly than he would be able to if he simply put it in his pocket, and the belt allows 47 to hook on a large melee weapon like a bread knife or a fire axe that normally he'd find hard to conceal.

And now the even more fun part ... these enhancements only apply to 47's suit. They don't affect disguises, because it'd be blatantly ridiculous to see a chef or mechanic walking around with an expensive pistol holster. This gives players additional incentive to play suit only, without disguises.

I'm a little confused here. You're suggesting a belt to conceal a fire axe? Doesn't that go against the whole "magic pockets" thing? And if 47 could conceal a pistol holster under a suit he should be able to conceal it under a janitor's uniform.

I think we should steer away from all this "mix 'n' match" when it comes to disguises. There are just too many factors involved and better not doing something than doing it half-assed, or not doing it right.

gkkiller
12th Aug 2014, 12:04
I like the idea but think the last upgrade/enhancement should allow you to carry whatever it is you bought on all disguises (like the flak vest in BM). Playing suit only is a novelty so why spend your hard earned money on upgrades only for that suit? That's a weird way of playing: suit only but with a gun to kill people. I thought if you play suit only you would generally ghost through.

As for suit colors, I don't think IO should change the trademark suit and allow for different styles/colors. Maybe if you finish the game or something, but not during normal playthrough.

The idea is just to add additional incentive to play suit only. Like in Absolution, you had the Suit Only challenge - here, you get to keep your enhancements if you wear the suit.

And about the suits, I intended it to be like an unlockable thing. For example, completing challenges, or earning SA, would get you the usual bonus money, as well as a snazzy new outfit.

MrJohnson
12th Aug 2014, 15:48
I like the idea about different suits. Maybe they can be [...] micro-transacted.

Please, no.

AdrianShephard
12th Aug 2014, 15:59
Please, no.

Micro-transactions are the last thing IO wants to do. They already got enough bad press with Absolution, and with the negativity surrounding microtrans today...

MrJohnson
12th Aug 2014, 16:33
Micro-transactions are the last thing IO wants to do. They already got enough bad press with Absolution, and with the negativity surrounding microtrans today...

Well, the thing is, IO is not really in charge of "everything..."
I'm pretty sure Square Enix has its hands on that kind of decisions, and I'm also pretty sure Square Enix wouldn't mind some more DLCs and/or micro transactions...
DLCs for Absolution were already kind of micro transactions, werent they? 1$ dlc for some suit, or some gun, I think

AdrianShephard
12th Aug 2014, 17:05
Well, the thing is, IO is not really in charge of "everything..."
I'm pretty sure Square Enix has its hands on that kind of decisions, and I'm also pretty sure Square Enix wouldn't mind some more DLCs and/or micro transactions...
DLCs for Absolution were already kind of micro transactions, werent they? 1$ dlc for some suit, or some gun, I think

You're right, Squenix is in charge of choosing microtrans.

Ha ha it won't let me write S-Q-U-E-E-N-I-X without making it automatically "Square Enix" :D

I didn't even bother with the costume DLCs.