PDA

View Full Version : Hitman 6 Weapon Customization

Hitman187
5th Jul 2014, 11:22
One of my favorite aspects of the classic hitman games was being able to customize my loadout and purchase new upgrades before the mission. I would suggest IO add weapon customization because I felt it really increased the replay value. If they were to add weapon customization I would also like them to expand on it. More customization options, more guns, buyable assets. What really made the hitman games fun with me is preparing for the mission and listening to the briefing. This was nonexistent in Hitman Absolution and really took away from the experience. The little things count the most.

gkkiller
6th Jul 2014, 06:48
Seconded. Planning what gear I wanted to take with me and which weapons to upgrade adds to the overall feel of being a professional killer.

FootFetish4Life
23rd Aug 2014, 07:22
Do we really need customizations for machine guns and shotguns in a game where the objective is to be inconspicuous?

Weapons customizations were fun in Blood Money, but I couldn't help noticing what a waste of time and money spent was upgrading my M4, SMG and shotgun.

I understand I'm probably alone on this, but I didn't even upgrade my silverballer much beyond ammo (I didn't like how it looked with all those attachments), but I understand it because it's the primary firearm in the game.

And the W2000 sniper rifle. Upgrading that baby was fun. I could switch between manual and semi-auto fire rates depending on my mission.

I know some of you want the luxury of customizing your M4 so you can enter a mission and go postal and that's really, kinda juvenile. I got tired of that kinda stuff after GTA III.

Hitman just isn't the type of game where a large arsenal of upgradable weapons is even relevant. Or even adrenaline boosts or tier level armor, unless you like to occasionally raise your alert level and play like that. The combat system in everything from Blood Money and down was kinda cheap.

I don't want to bring up action missions and shootouts because we're talking about Hitman, but maybe a few incidents sparsed out throughout the game to justify upgrading all this equipment. For example, at the end of the mission, say, a small party gathering for a drug lord, where everyone in attendance is a bad guy, 47 can pop out of a birthday cake and blow everyone away with a shotgun or a machine gun. The option for Silent Assassin will always be there, but just some alternative ways to complete the mission that are more fun loud than silent.

mm24
23rd Aug 2014, 09:10
Do we really need customizations for machine guns and shotguns in a game where the objective is to be inconspicuous?

Weapons customizations were fun in Blood Money, but I couldn't help noticing what a waste of time and money spent was upgrading my M4, SMG and shotgun.

I understand I'm probably alone on this, but I didn't even upgrade my silverballer much beyond ammo (I didn't like how it looked with all those attachments), but I understand it because it's the primary firearm in the game.

And the W2000 sniper rifle. Upgrading that baby was fun. I could switch between manual and semi-auto fire rates depending on my mission.

I know some of you want the luxury of customizing your M4 so you can enter a mission and go postal and that's really, kinda juvenile. I got tired of that kinda stuff after GTA III.

Hitman just isn't the type of game where a large arsenal of upgradable weapons is even relevant. Or even adrenaline boosts or tier level armor, unless you like to occasionally raise your alert level and play like that. The combat system in everything from Blood Money and down was kinda cheap.

I don't want to bring up action missions and shootouts because we're talking about Hitman, but maybe a few incidents sparsed out throughout the game to justify upgrading all this equipment. For example, at the end of the mission, say, a small party gathering for a drug lord, where everyone in attendance is a bad guy, 47 can pop out of a birthday cake and blow everyone away with a shotgun or a machine gun. The option for Silent Assassin will always be there, but just some alternative ways to complete the mission that are more fun loud than silent.

Well, that's you'r point of view, and it seems logic, but it's always good to let the players upgrade weapons if he want and not penalize, him if he don't want. So I want cuztomisation for SMG, Assault Rifle, Shotguns, Snipers or pistol.

Also, a lot of people after they finished the game try levels again but this time with big guns. And Hitman is not a stealth only games, you can do what ever you want. (but personally, if I don't get Professional/Silent Assasin, I restart the level)

AncientMyth
25th Aug 2014, 04:54
I agree with mm24. Everyone is entirely entitled to his or her own opinion and preferred playstyle. However, why not give other players more options for their preferences and playstyles? It is always a goal of mine to complete each level in the truest Hitman fashion (following the spirit of the game), but I also enjoy messing around with the levels and finding new ways to complete the levels or new rules or restrictions under which to complete the levels as an added challenge and playthrough.

Personally, I think Hitman really shines the most when it allows for as much choice and freedom as possible. And, as Hitman187 noted, it really does increase the replay value for those who so desire such options.

shwanedangles
27th Aug 2014, 23:15
I agree completely. Customizable loadouts makes you feel in control of how your getting the mission done. I also liked the briefing (which absolution had in the pause menu but it felt different). Absolution was alright but the direction they went with it completely ditched what hitman games are about.

AdrianShephard
28th Aug 2014, 02:36
I want to see more gadget customization. For those of us who go for Silent Assassin, gun customization only goes so far...

AncientMyth
28th Aug 2014, 04:56
Hmm... Gadget cusomization. Examples?

Rougeieserina
28th Aug 2014, 07:42
Hmm... Gadget cusomization. Examples?

I'm not sure, you'll have to give an example. :nut:

Aybroe
28th Aug 2014, 11:50
Probably means something like there was in Blood Money

- Upgrading the lockpick: Speed
- Upgrading the syringe: Increased time for guards being unconscious (assuming that the sedative won't last forever), Amount of syringes
- Upgrading the mine: Ability to attach on walls, range of detonation, amount of mines
- Upgrading the binoculars: range, thermal vision (of course Instinct will nullify this...)

and so on.

kewlak
28th Aug 2014, 13:17
I'm in favour of all kind of weapon and gadget customizations (maybe except changing colours what is useless in my opinion). I'd like to customize even heavier guns like shotgun or M16. Like mm24 and AncientMyth said it should be up to player if he wants to play like silent assassin or like mass murderer. I personally prefer silent style, but sometimes after dozens of s.a. walkthroughs i simply like to kill everybody ;) . I think it increases game's playability so player can choose any styles he wants and beat game again and again.

AdrianShephard
28th Aug 2014, 13:37
Probably means something like there was in Blood Money

- Upgrading the lockpick: Speed
- Upgrading the syringe: Increased time for guards being unconscious (assuming that the sedative won't last forever), Amount of syringes
- Upgrading the mine: Ability to attach on walls, range of detonation, amount of mines
- Upgrading the binoculars: range, thermal vision (of course Instinct will nullify this...)

and so on.

Yes.

alpaca
29th Aug 2014, 18:30
I couldn't agree more on this (my first post ever on this forum BTW =D)
Anyways, I'd also like to add that I would like to see a more realistic approach to inventory. No more magically concealing heavy weapons like assault rifles and shotguns. EDIT: To the previous point I made, it would be great to be able to hide large firearms inside containers like the classic box of roses to hide a shotgun, or a violin case to hide a sub-machine gun, you get the idea. I'd like the option to change to First Person like it was available in Blood Money, and also be able to customize firearms cosmetically (I guess this would be pushing IO Interactive too much considering their lowering of resources). It should FEEL next gen IMMEDIATELY when I watch the reveal trailer (hopefully by next Spring =D).

mm24
30th Aug 2014, 10:02
I couldn't agree more on this (my first post ever on this forum BTW =D)
Anyways, I'd also like to add that I would like to see a more realistic approach to inventory. No more magically concealing heavy weapons like assault rifles and shotguns. EDIT: To the previous point I made, it would be great to be able to hide large firearms inside containers like the classic box of roses to hide a shotgun, or a violin case to hide a sub-machine gun, you get the idea. I'd like the option to change to First Person like it was available in Blood Money, and also be able to customize firearms cosmetically (I guess this would be pushing IO Interactive too much considering their lowering of resources). It should FEEL next gen IMMEDIATELY when I watch the reveal trailer (hopefully by next Spring =D).

IO said they will remove magic pocket ;)