PDA

View Full Version : Out of Character Creatures in ROTTR

daventry
4th Jul 2014, 11:08
What out of Character Creatures should be in ROTTR

Remember, these things were all over in the TR Series and im not talking about Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY.

Im talking about the Mutant Walruses from TR3 including the Tinnos Mutants and the Komodo Dragons that spew poison at you.

Remember the Fire and Ice Spirits in TR4 that you couldent kill in witch you had to guide them to a water source so they can be taken out.

Also that AOD Spirit

Theres also the Sea Hag in TR5 with Young Lara

Tihocan
4th Jul 2014, 11:57
BIGFOOT!
http://i.imgur.com/GTiV68l.jpg

lol

daventry
4th Jul 2014, 13:52
And Yetis

a_big_house
4th Jul 2014, 16:11
Anything that is relevant to the mythology behind the story I guess...

Valenka
4th Jul 2014, 16:43
Anything that is relevant to the mythology behind the story I guess...

This. I don't want to see anything that doesn't apply to the theme.

Ellie92
4th Jul 2014, 16:47
I don't like random fantasy creatures if it doesn't have anything to do with the story. The storm guards in TR9 were nice. It fit without being too "World of Warcraft".

daventry
7th Jul 2014, 06:28
Every TR Game had its Supernatural Entity with the Story, why the fear it would change.

These i found on Tomb Raider Forums that were supposedly to be in TR2013. Maybe some of them could be in ROTTR

http://i.imgur.com/Pls3YpXl.jpg

Tihocan
7th Jul 2014, 08:39
To be honest, I think TR2013 had just the right amount of supernatural, sort of a "welcome to the other world, Lara". It might have become too "Resident Evil" for me otherwise. They were effectively Zombie Samurai, right?

Now that she knows there is that this Otherness* exists, she can seek it out and things can get weirder.

*No relation to Repairman Jack - though a crossover would be awesome

d1n0_xD
7th Jul 2014, 11:05
The concept art is nice, I sure wanted to see those, but I think it would become too horror/survival if they added those... But I still think they're cool, maybe someday :D

And like Darksaiyan says, Lara is now aware there are things in the world she can't explain, that her father knew about them but she didn't believe him, so it'll be nice to see where will it all go :3

BridgetFisher
8th Jul 2014, 09:56
I dont think the monsters must be "horror/survival" or scary I think mythological monsters and unique enemies would work too? Like medusa's, minotaurs, or dinosaurs. Nothing stops Lara Croft in her quest for ADVENTURE!

d1n0_xD
8th Jul 2014, 10:08
^ Of course, of course... I was talking about the 2013 game and why it's good those monsters didn't make it in the game, the Oni make more sense :)

Chameleojack
8th Aug 2014, 13:47
The production art looks like Shadow of the Colossus spares, mostly. I like them all, but I personally think it would be better for Lara to explore a tomb from a different (not far-eastern) culture.

Cristiavano
11th Aug 2014, 07:03
The production art looks like Shadow of the Colossus spares, mostly. I like them all, but I personally think it would be better for Lara to explore a tomb from a different (not far-eastern) culture.

Mesopotamia, india or ancient hebrew culture

BridgetFisher
11th Aug 2014, 08:51
What out of Character Creatures should be in ROTTR

Remember, these things were all over in the TR Series and im not talking about Lions and Tigers and Bears OH MY.

Im talking about the Mutant Walruses from TR3 including the Tinnos Mutants and the Komodo Dragons that spew poison at you.

Remember the Fire and Ice Spirits in TR4 that you couldent kill in witch you had to guide them to a water source so they can be taken out.

Also that AOD Spirit

Theres also the Sea Hag in TR5 with Young Lara

Those are the things that made the game adventurous and fun for me as a player like most, its what made the Tomb raider series so famous. Noticed in the last game minus mowing down the samurai guys there isnt as much creativity present in the enemies. The samurais were human and so were all the fisherman people. Hoping this time they explore more concepts to think outside the box instead of being trapped inside it. Kind of makes the whole game feel the same when every enemy is the same.