PDA

View Full Version : Character Turntable

BridgetFisher
3rd Jul 2014, 10:41
Im playing Deus Ex the fall, and it has a thing called "Character Turntable", this is awesome! I can view the models look all around them and zoom in! Please include this in the next Deus EX game, but let me zoom in more and rotate all around it like up and down, it only goes left and right. This is such an awesome feature! My feedback is I liked it very much, the characters are so unique in Deus Ex with their Augs its nice to view them for once in a model viewer, I hope all the games have that from now on. It doesnt work in all games but Deus Ex games it does due to the high level of detail in the augs and personality in the look of the characters because whoever is making those is super creative!

CyberP
3rd Jul 2014, 10:46
Im playing Deus Ex the fall, and it has a thing called "Character Turntable", this is awesome! I can view the models look all around them and zoom in! Please include this in the next Deus EX game, but let me zoom in more and rotate all around it like up and down, it only goes left and right. This is such an awesome feature! My feedback is I liked it very much, the characters are so unique in Deus Ex with their Augs its nice to view them for once in a model viewer, I hope all the games have that from now on. It doesnt work in all games but Deus Ex games it does due to the high level of detail in the augs and personality in the look of the characters because whoever is making those is super creative!

If this is explained in-game as a feature of your infolink/neural hub then I don't see why it shouldn't be in DX4. It's not too taxing to implement & it can substitute the use of immersion & gameplay breaking third person perspective entirely ;)

BridgetFisher
3rd Jul 2014, 11:11
If this is explained in-game as a feature of your infolink/neural hub then I don't see why it shouldn't be in DX4. It's not too taxing to implement & it can substitute the use of immersion & gameplay breaking third person perspective entirely ;)

This feature Im talking about is in the main menu for the game under the option 'Character Turntable" which lets us view the awesome and truly wonderful detail of the models used in game. Putting it in game would work because its deus ex, its all about tech gadgets and such. Having some device to view the models after a digital capture through a retinal scan would fit the lore of the universe so if a model viewer was "IN" the game, that wouldnt be gamebreaking.

I really like looking at the augs on the NPC's that is what Deus Ex is for alot of us, those augs are kinda the core of the game right? Maybe thats why I like seeing them, they may be just models to some people, for me as a Fan and player, I feel like Im seeing the story through viewing the models due to their distinctive personalities, even the turrets and other non-sentient or robotic assets.

CyberP
3rd Jul 2014, 11:25
I can accurately guess what it is, it's basically a development tool (3D model viewer) turned into an in-game feature. It can be explained/presented as a feature of the neural hub so I don't see why not. Making it have a more practical purpose (locational health system/application of medical tools as in Deus Ex 1 or Metal Gear Solid 3?) would be cool though.

Try spinning what's his face in the viewer for an extended period of time. Since EM have a hard-on for MGS there may be a silly egg/reference where what's his face pukes upon exit of the viewer.

AlexOfSpades
3rd Jul 2014, 14:55
I like the idea, and it's super easy to code.

Ashpolt
3rd Jul 2014, 15:07
I really like looking at the augs on the NPC's that is what Deus Ex is for alot of us, those augs are kinda the core of the game right?

For DXHR, sure. Not anywhere near so much the older games. Which was one of the problems of DXHR, IMO: far too narrow focus. Deus Ex kept peeling back extra layers of plot, growing the conspiracy each time: DXHR was just about the aug debate the entire time, and that was it. Yawn.

Shralla
3rd Jul 2014, 18:26
I just don't see why, but that's fine if they want to include it. I haven't used anything like that since the Super Smash Bros Melee trophy viewer which I used to "check out" Zelda.

Jito463
3rd Jul 2014, 22:07
I'm going to just pretend the preceding post doesn't exist...

Shralla
4th Jul 2014, 00:21
We were all hormonal teenagers at some point, and that Zelda is a fox!

68_pie
4th Jul 2014, 02:40
This would make more sense if your character model actually changed over time.

Shralla
4th Jul 2014, 02:58

Zing.

FrankCSIS
4th Jul 2014, 03:11
We were all hormonal teenagers at some point, and that Zelda is a fox!

To be frank, I was going to say the only real use would be to check out your augmented chica (or dude) in all its rotating 3d glory, with a zoom-in feature of some sort :whistle:

Funnily enough, a friend got me to rewatch the old X Men cartoons. I didn't remember the ending credits featured rotating 3d models of the main characters, with their descriptions.

68_pie
4th Jul 2014, 03:29

Oh wait, wasn't the justification for having TPP in DXHR because the character model was meant to change as he got new augs?

smh