PDA

View Full Version : First TR2 Gameplay detalis leaked!!

Kremez00
3rd Jul 2014, 07:13
Today via new job listing on Crystal Dynamics official website some gameplay details of Tomb Raider 2 has been leaked. The studios is currently looking for Cinematics Lead, Environment Artist, Combat Systems Designer, and a Systems Designer and the detailed description of these job listing spills the bean on Tomb Raider sequel gameplay and other elements.

Systems Designer job listing include responsibilities: "RPG lite elements, character progression, game difficulty, player mechanics, economy, combat difficulty, world systems design and general maintenance from concept to ship."

Combat Systems Designer job listing include responsibilities: "Enemy AI, combat behaviours, stealth, player weapons and tools, cover and melee based mechanics."

Cinematics Lead listing include responsibilities "to ensure the best possible fusion of storytelling, aesthetics, and gameplay experience", and the experience section reads "Minimum 4 years’ experience, and have shipped at least one console title that was cinematic heavy."

"RPG-lite elements, economy, cover and melee based mechanics, fusion of storytelling, aesthetics, and gameplay experience and many more, these keywords in the listing are enough hints that Crystal Dynamics are keeping intact the most loved features in Tomb Raider 2013 for the sequel.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/14327-first-tomb-raider-2-gameplay-details-leaked-job-listing-fusion-storytelling.html

Metalrocks
3rd Jul 2014, 07:28
reported

d1n0_xD
3rd Jul 2014, 09:10
Why is it reported? :eek:

Tihocan
3rd Jul 2014, 09:41
Why is it reported? :eek:

It's a bad link with a failed attempt at click tracking.

BridgetFisher
3rd Jul 2014, 10:35
Good I hope who they hire to do the cinematics is a pro and not someone who makes the game look like it was filmed on someones cell phone all shaky like the cinematic in the last tomb raider game. I hope HR person makes sure whoever they hire isnt going to make the game all shaky and nauseous making people sick, thats what happened to alot of us in the last game. Just throwing this out there, but associated wanting to throw up with a gaming experience is not something that is a positive reflection of the talents at CD.

d1n0_xD
3rd Jul 2014, 10:43
Well, if the article is a legit one, I'm glad RPG elements, character progression and stealth are back :D Also, economy, that means money, right? :D

Metalrocks
3rd Jul 2014, 11:03
Well, if the article is a legit one, I'm glad RPG elements, character progression and stealth are back :D Also, economy, that means money, right? :D

if it would be legit, it would have been posted officially by CD.

Tihocan
3rd Jul 2014, 11:27
Original article. (http://www.gamepur.com/news/14327-first-tomb-raider-2-gameplay-details-leaked-job-listing-fusion-storytelling.html)
From the 15th of April. :rolleyes:

d1n0_xD
3rd Jul 2014, 11:35
^ 404 Not found.

Driber
5th Jul 2014, 09:42

Not necessarily. I think economy is a dev term for anything that can be used for purchasing and upgrading, such as XP in TR9.

if it would be legit, it would have been posted officially by CD.

CD doesn't post their job offers on the social channels.

Looks legit, albeit old news :)

IRON LOBSTER
5th Jul 2014, 10:03
That Apr 2014 article was taken from another source back in and around summer 2013, I remember a link to it from a TR FB group back then.

So yeah, old.

Leon S. Kennedy
6th Jul 2014, 07:08

Salvage was the currency for weapon upgrades in TR9 so it could be anything.

Metalrocks
6th Jul 2014, 13:39
damn, so i reported it for nothing.

Driber
6th Jul 2014, 16:06
damn, so i reported it for nothing.

You didn't :)

The article was legit, but the poster wasn't. He spammed with a fishy link, so we removed it + banned the account.

Treeble
6th Jul 2014, 16:35
These "smart" bots all seem to point to the same domain Driber, can this particular domain not be added to a censor filter or whatever it's called so it doesn't go through?

Driber
6th Jul 2014, 16:39
These "smart" bots all seem to point to the same domain Driber, can this particular domain not be added to a censor filter or whatever it's called so it doesn't go through?

That's exactly what we did a few weeks go, and that's why Metal reported it; the filter kicked in and the fishy hidden url was revealed :)

Treeble
6th Jul 2014, 17:01
Ah I must've missed it. Have a quick look at the LCTOO subforums, there are at least two topics there that need purging. :)

Driber
6th Jul 2014, 19:30
Cleaned. (And added another domain to the auto censor :whistle:) Thanks :)

Metalrocks
7th Jul 2014, 02:15
good to hear. because the link had plenty of ****, so i knew that its not a real link, if not a fishy link to access someone computer.