PDA

View Full Version : forum server switch - feedback requested

Driber
18th Jun 2014, 11:05
The forums are now running on a different server. If everyone could do a quick poll vote so we can see if it made any difference, that would be great.

And if you experience any new issues as of a few hours ago, please report them here in this thread.

LARALOVERnr1
18th Jun 2014, 11:06
Haven't noticed any difference at all tbh. I like this layout.

d1n0_xD
18th Jun 2014, 11:26
I think it's loading a little bit faster than before :)

When I saw this:

jbfxki_asaeae.jpg

I thought the forums were getting a graphical overhaul too, but there's no difference... Is that the case?

Valenka
18th Jun 2014, 12:06
Yes, I've noticed a difference. I've had some crappy Internet service this week since Verizon decided to suck as a company, so I've had to deal with slow-loading and sometimes never loading web pages until tomorrow when I switch to Comcast. However, even with my crappy Internet speed today, I noticed that the forums have been loading faster. Faster than any other website I attempt to go on. :)

Driber
18th Jun 2014, 12:50
I think it's loading a little bit faster than before :)

When I saw this:

jbfxki_asaeae.jpg

I thought the forums were getting a graphical overhaul too, but there's no difference... Is that the case?

Heh, that's just a generic info graphic that IT puts up whenever they work on the servers and when the forums (or whatever part of the SE network they work on) can't be displayed while the maintenance is happening. So no major overhauls planned, no.

Though we *are* working on some new skins ;)

Yes, I've noticed a difference. I've had some crappy Internet service this week since Verizon decided to suck as a company, so I've had to deal with slow-loading and sometimes never loading web pages until tomorrow when I switch to Comcast. However, even with my crappy Internet speed today, I noticed that the forums have been loading faster. Faster than any other website I attempt to go on. :)

Awesome :)

a_big_house
18th Jun 2014, 13:38

Yes... Yes we are

:lol:

dark7angel
18th Jun 2014, 14:41
I think it's going faster than before. :)

Metalrocks
18th Jun 2014, 14:47
it does load faster actually. at least for me that whole page pops up at once instead of loading when i scroll down.
or when i post a comment. this always took few secs to load up.

d1n0_xD
18th Jun 2014, 15:16

:worship:

Rai
18th Jun 2014, 16:41
I wasn't sure at first as firefox was being crap, but now it seems the pages are loading slightly faster.

Error96_
19th Jun 2014, 20:04
Seems the same as before and is still loading pages quickly.

IvanaKC
19th Jun 2014, 21:23
No difference for me. :)