PDA

View Full Version : What Memory Sequences should be in ROTTR from the Classics as in Easter Eggs

daventry
17th Jun 2014, 07:11
What Easter Egg things would you like to see in ROTTR

Creatures:
In TR1 Lara Bagged Bigfoot, but we never actually got to kill it in TR5 so what if this time, Lara Bags Bigfoot in ROTTR as a Boss Creature or something.
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/149/lcstampsbigfoot.jpg

Familiar things:
In TR2013 we heard the Classic AH HA Sound with Lara saying it, i Really Hope this happens Allot in ROTTR

You know when we found the 3 Dragon Statues as Secrets in TR2 what if at a Market, we see them standing there at a Stall.
http://tombraiders.net/stella/images/TR2/tomb-raider-2-secrets.png

Say that Line:
I only play for sport - from TR1 - Some Character at the Beginning of the Game Pays Lara to do something for her, yet she should say that Line.

Havent you seen enough - from TR2 - Basically at the End of the Game after we Kill the Main Antagonist and we see some Cinematic of Lara at some New Tomb, then she should say that Line in front of the Camera and Shoot us with the Screen blanking out. The End.

If i had a Coconut for everytime some Lunatic said something like that - from TRAOD - Somewhere in the Game during a Cinematic where the Bad Guy tells Lara her plan, she should say that line.

I want a Croft Manor as a House with a Training Area and a Bike Area plus an Animal Riding Area, then Lara should stand either Outside or Inside: Welcome Back, after that Grueling Island Business Last Year.

d1n0_xD
17th Jun 2014, 08:40
Easter eggs are fun, hope they include something, but certainly NOT anything that could spark a discussion of previous characters coming back xD

daventry
17th Jun 2014, 08:45
Yea like Natla or Zip and Alister in witch Kurtis is a No

Valenka
17th Jun 2014, 12:32
Easter eggs are fun, hope they include something, but certainly NOT anything that could spark a discussion of previous characters coming back xD

Agreed. In TR9 when locating every GPS cache, the classic tune plays and Lara says "Aha!" Easter eggs like that are welcome, but any characters of the series past should not be included. It's a shame Kurtis Trent never truly got the closure I wanted; I'd fallen quite smitten with him. :o

RybatGrimes
17th Jun 2014, 13:50
I actually wouldn't mind seeing a rebooted Natla, or an Amanda at the head of Trinity. :whistle:

daventry
17th Jun 2014, 13:55
This is why i dont want to Alienate People, No more Natla/Amanda/Zip/Alister/Kurtis that will have People Speculate why these People are here when its suppose to be a TR Reboot, thus Tiny Easter Eggs like the Pling Ah Ha Secret is one of the Welcomed things.

a_big_house
17th Jun 2014, 14:23
Could be a newspaper in the window with headlines like "Superstar Amanda Evert found dead in bathtub" or "Government shutdown of Natla Tech." ... It would certainly shut down any returning character ideas :D

Error96_
17th Jun 2014, 21:10
I like getting easter eggs. When you got the 'ah ha' plink I absolutely loved it. It takes a lot of cleverness to throw something like that into the game but it shows they care for the past of the franchise.

'ah ha' plink should stay for the next game.

a_big_house
24th Aug 2014, 12:22
Revenge of the forgotten thread!

So, in one of the Tombs in Rise there should definitely be a hidden PS4 :lol:

Elliot Kane
24th Aug 2014, 12:44
Revenge of the forgotten thread!

So, in one of the Tombs in Rise there should definitely be a hidden PS4 :lol:

Or maybe a shootable XBone? :D

Weemanply109
24th Aug 2014, 13:31
Could be a newspaper in the window with headlines like "Superstar Amanda Evert found dead in bathtub" or "Government shutdown of Natla Tech." ... It would certainly shut down any returning character ideas :D

+1 to this! :lol:

Thetford
24th Aug 2014, 13:54
SLinc beauty products? Some NPCs going on a cruise on the Maria Doria? History books written by Mme Carvier?

Samara
24th Aug 2014, 16:36
Being able to climb some chandeliers as in TR2 would be nice. ;)

CroftManiac
24th Aug 2014, 17:11
How about a gold TR1 statue hidden , or even the Scion!!!!

Valenka
24th Aug 2014, 17:32
I have to admit, when I first saw this thread, I thought about Assassin's Creed because of the 'memory sequences' wording in the title and I was just like, God no! :p

Good thread idea, though. I loved the little "Aha!" in TR2013 when finding all of the caches and I'd love another homage to the classic series. I would love for them to use the "I only play for sport," line in there somewhere.

BridgetFisher
30th Aug 2014, 10:14
Id buy a DLC where we could go hunting bigfoots! This is a fun idea it would be nice if they thought of a way to do these things at CD so we could get some classic Lara Action like wrestling tigers and such.

CroftManiac
30th Aug 2014, 11:44
Maybe the excalibur!! ( :lol: )

BridgetFisher
30th Aug 2014, 14:17
Maybe the excalibur!! ( :lol: )

The Ark of the covenant was in Croft Mansion, maybe a fun DLC where we go steal it from the warehouse, or from the tomb itself would be pretty awesome.

CroftManiac
30th Aug 2014, 16:17
The Ark of the covenant was in Croft Mansion, maybe a fun DLC where we go steal it from the warehouse, or from the tomb itself would be pretty awesome.

It sounds fun!! :D
It could also have as an easter egg the Iris or the Ankh or even an unlockable TR1 outfit!!!

Tihocan
31st Aug 2014, 02:00
... or even the Scion!!!!
This.
The Atlantean Scion is probably my most favourite icon of any game, ever. Seeing it in a museum, or referred to on a cavern wall, or something - love it.

The Dagger of Xian, Amulet of Horus and Senet too, Natla logo on the side of a truck (but like "Natla Home Services" or something).

yamatai_veteran
18th Sep 2014, 13:25
Maybe an appearance of the father that came with Lara on her Ireland adventure.

NikNak513
19th Sep 2014, 03:18

Ha! This would be brilliant! :thumb:

IvanaKC
19th Sep 2014, 12:13
This.
The Atlantean Scion is probably my most favourite icon of any game, ever. Seeing it in a museum, or referred to on a cavern wall, or something - love it.

The Dagger of Xian, Amulet of Horus and Senet too, Natla logo on the side of a truck (but like "Natla Home Services" or something).

It would be nice to see Scion in Croft Manor as part of Lara's collection of artifacts or something.

I remember seeing Natla logo on the boxes at the end of a TR Legend and being quite excited about it. Easter eggs are awesome! :D

Tecstar70
19th Sep 2014, 14:02
These things are entertaining, but I hope people don't get disappointed if RotTR continues to not reference Lara's previous incarnation.

Lord Martok
19th Sep 2014, 17:09
Have Lara standing before her classic outfit and saying any of the following to herself:

"Hmmmm...someday, when I'm a bit more confident."
"Maybe someday I'll actually fit into that."
"This could have some tactical advantages against the boys out there."
"Would need to work on my tan first."
"I'll be in the gym."
"A-ha."
"I can definitely play for sport in that!"
"I think I'll give Maxim a call."

:D