PDA

View Full Version : Rise Of The Tomb Raider: Release Date

Woogiemush
14th Jun 2014, 21:06
Hi all.

Don't call me stupid, but the trailer says it's release date is Holiday 2015. Does that mean the upcoming Christmas, or next? I am hoping it's this Christmas, but I am pretty sure that it's.

It could be another holiday, as well. Like Thanksgiving or Easter.

Thank you,

Woogiemush

[Edit by Driber: official release date clarification from CD (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=2023340&postcount=17)]

MissBrandy
14th Jun 2014, 21:18
Summer Holiday i wish <3

VaBanes
14th Jun 2014, 21:20
"Holiday" normally means "Christmas" in the US. So I guess around November 2015 maybe.

Scion's_Eye
14th Jun 2014, 21:31
Anywhere from October to end of December 2015 :>

Woogiemush
14th Jun 2014, 21:50
I hope it isn't 2016.

Rai
14th Jun 2014, 22:29
Holiday 2015 indicates November/December 2015 in time for Christmas. To be this year, they'd have said 2014.

d1n0_xD
14th Jun 2014, 22:37
Pretty much what everyone said, last quarter of 2015 is the release window.

NoSubmission
15th Jun 2014, 10:28
Pretty much what everyone said, last quarter of 2015 is the release window.

I really hope they don't delay it like last one.

It was something like 5 months.

Weemanply109
15th Jun 2014, 10:33
I don't see Crystal delaying this game. They've pretty much got a lot of foundation to work with this time now that they've already got TR2013 and don't need to work from scratch anymore. They can use the same animations, etc. Hopefully there isn't delays. 2015 needs to be a pretty damn cohesive year full of amazing titles and I need Tomb Raider in it! :D

Valenka
16th Jun 2014, 21:53
I can't see a delay either. I heard rumour that development for Rise of the Tomb Raider started after TR9 was launched. I heard another rumour that TR9 and ROTTR were being developed side-by-side. Of course, I can't say if either of them were true or not, but...*sigh* I didn't expect a delay with TR9 and yet there was one. I think it's yet another 50/50 shot; it might even be delayed if say, a similar game is released around the same time. But I can't see Square Enix pushing back the release date; if anything, considering that Lara Croft is a long-since veteran in the game world, any territorial trespassers will have to be the ones to suffer a delay.

However, to answer a previous question, "Holiday" is marketing jargon for Christimas-time in the United States. However, "holiday" in the United States is also any celebratory day on the calendar; Christmas, Halloween, Father's Day, Mother's Day, New Year's Day, etc. are all considered "holidays," so if you want to be paranoid, feel free to make an assumption that ROTTR will be released on say, Valentine's Day. :p

In all seriousness, providing there isn't a delay, we can expect ROTTR to launch anywhere between 1 November and 31 December 2015.

Murphdawg1
16th Jun 2014, 22:30
I can't see a delay either. I heard rumour that development for Rise of the Tomb Raider started after TR9 was launched. I heard another rumour that TR9 and ROTTR were being developed side-by-side. Of course, I can't say if either of them were true or not, but...*sigh* I didn't expect a delay with TR9 and yet there was one. I think it's yet another 50/50 shot; it might even be delayed if say, a similar game is released around the same time. But I can't see Square Enix pushing back the release date; if anything, considering that Lara Croft is a long-since veteran in the game world, any territorial trespassers will have to be the ones to suffer a delay.

However, to answer a previous question, "Holiday" is marketing jargon for Christimas-time in the United States. However, "holiday" in the United States is also any celebratory day on the calendar; Christmas, Halloween, Father's Day, Mother's Day, New Year's Day, etc. are all considered "holidays," so if you want to be paranoid, feel free to make an assumption that ROTTR will be released on say, Valentine's Day. :p

In all seriousness, providing there isn't a delay, we can expect ROTTR to launch anywhere between 1 November and 31 December 2015.

I would even add late October to that. Assassin's Creed has been releasing in late October and you can certainly say that is a game that is always out for the Holiday season.

Valenka
16th Jun 2014, 22:41
I would even add late October to that. Assassin's Creed has been releasing in late October and you can certainly say that is a game that is always out for the Holiday season.

Good point! I think the 'Holiday' moniker is essentially for any game released in time to pick up as a Christmas present. :)

NightRain'06
20th Jun 2014, 02:42
If I recall correctly, TR:U and their previous games were consistently released in mid(?) to late(?) November.

Keep in mind ~ this was long before companies began to play the, what I refer to as, "Delay the Game Release Date Game".

So, generally, when game companies say their games will be a "Holiday release", I think, the majority of the time November is when they plant a date.

October 2015 could be a possibility, but I doubt that that month was previously, and even now, considered to be a "Holiday" month by companies.

Then again, don't be surprised if, and I say IF they play the "Delay the release date game" like other game companies, which I'm hoping they will not do.

But I would not be surprised if they did because Tomb Raider was released in March 2013.

Maybe someone can correct me, but this thread had me wondering.
So here's my question ~ Was TR originally dated to be released in Holiday 2012 ?

ETA ~

I really hope they don't delay it like last one.

It was something like 5 months.

I see you've already answered my question. Thank you.

But, again, yes, I would not be surprised if they do delay the game.

Since, however long ago, Call of Duty games had November locked, not a lot of other games released in that month did well or not as well as expected by the other respective companies.

And, from a business standpoint and even development standpoint, it's sensible to delay so those companies' games have some breathing room to finally shine.

But, since this generation of PS4 and XbOne consoles are developer friendly, some may say they have no excuse to delay development and release dates.

Driber
20th Jun 2014, 09:47
^ Yeah, original release window was fall 2012.

kAT3iT6CdGA&start=180

NightRain'06
21st Jun 2014, 04:32
Thank you as well, Driber.

~~~~~~~~~~

I hope it isn't 2016.

Woogiemush ~ Again, do not be surprised if the game does become delayed.

As I've aforementioned, the previous game was delayed too when it was originally meant for Fall 2012 as evident with the trailer provided by Driber.

So, sure, currently the announcement trailer indicated Holiday 2015, but nobody, except the publisher and developer teams, know what will occur to have them possibly delay it.

If they do not delay it, I will be extremely surprised and ecstatic that they have kept their original release window.

And, quite honestly, they should not delay it since both the PS4 and Xbox One consoles are developer friendly.

And even when they have completed development, outside of that, again, the possibly main reason game companies delay games is because they don't want to compete with another game and be buried in sales.

This is why other games like GTA IV, etc. have delayed theirs because, I believe, they did not want to compete with Call of Duty at the time.

Takeo91
22nd Jun 2014, 09:19
I really don't share people's rush on getting the game released as soon as possible.
If you want a game which is high quality in every aspect from story to gameplay and graphics, you'll have to wait. If you push CD to publish it faster, things like TR:MP happen.

I say: Take your time. I can wait until summer 2016.

Driber
29th Jun 2014, 08:01
Okay for those who are still unsure about this - CD officially said the following:

when we say “Holiday 2015” we are referring to the final months of the year

Metalrocks
29th Jun 2014, 08:07
Okay for those who are still unsure about this - CD officially said the following:

now its clear. they should have made it clearer. because when i read/hear holiday, it means summer. since this is the biggest holiday of the year.

Rai
29th Jun 2014, 08:29
now its clear. they should have made it clearer. because when i read/hear holiday, it means summer. since this is the biggest holiday of the year.
For who? For school kids it's the longest holiday/time off school they get in the UK, at least, plus other european countries. Holiday in context of the calendar usually means a celebration like Easter or Christmas, the latter being the biggest in terms of festivities. I automatically thought the last few months as that's the holiday 'season' leading up to Christmas, for shops etc.

Driber
29th Jun 2014, 08:50
@Metal: What Rai said.

There is no "holiday" in the summer. The time when kids are off from school is called summer vacation in the US. And xmas is indeed the biggest holiday of the year.

Looking through the posts here, everyone except for you seemed to get it. So I can't share your judgement that CD should have been more clear.

a_big_house
29th Jun 2014, 12:34
Well actually, they should have been more clear and said the exact date they plan on releasing it :D

Metalrocks
29th Jun 2014, 13:41
@Metal: What Rai said.

There is no "holiday" in the summer. The time when kids are off from school is called summer vacation in the US. And xmas is indeed the biggest holiday of the year.

Looking through the posts here, everyone except for you seemed to get it. So I can't share your judgement that CD should have been more clear.

very possible i get confused since in australia, they do celebrate xmas in summer. :rolleyes: . it always feels so wrong. one of the reasons to hate this country.

Tihocan
30th Jun 2014, 03:01
very possible i get confused since in australia, they do celebrate xmas in summer. :rolleyes: . it always feels so wrong. one of the reasons to hate this country.

That we do, but for us natives it feels normal.
When I heard "Holiday 2015" for America, I thought summer holiday.

NightRain'06
30th Jun 2014, 03:40

Yes, that's what they say currently.

But, again, as you've provided the trailer of TR being released in "Fall 2012", in reality, certain circumstances seemed to have them delay the release, as the months closed in, to Spring 2013.

So this is why I won't be surprised if they delay it again.

To clarify ~ I'm not upset if they do delay it again.
It's just with the majority(?) of game companies in general playing the Delay game in the past has me doubting what they have originally stated in articles or have input within early trailers is my point.

To reiterate ~ I'm really hoping they do not delay it though.

~~~~~~~

Metalrocks ~
In general, when companies say Holiday release, it's usually around November / December in North America regions such as USA, Canada, etc.

Also, currently, they cannot specify a release date as it's still in development and they'd be in more pressure to do everything possible to have the game ready by that date.

This is why game companies overall state a release window or general estimation time frame.
Otherwise, they'd have incomplete games or have no choice but to delay them to be sure everything gets done.

So they will only share an official release date as the months get closer to the estimated window.

Metalrocks
30th Jun 2014, 05:41
That we do, but for us natives it feels normal.
When I heard "Holiday 2015" for America, I thought summer holiday.

it does seem more obvious then xmas season. but then again, america also writes the date differently than the rest of the world. "month/day/year". wile the rest say "day/month/year". :nut:

Metalrocks ~
In general, when companies say Holiday release, it's usually around November / December in North America regions such as USA, Canada, etc.

Also, currently, they cannot specify a release date as it's still in development and they'd be in more pressure to do everything possible to have the game ready by that date.

This is why game companies overall state a release window or general estimation time frame.
Otherwise, they'd have incomplete games or have no choice but to delay them to be sure everything gets done.

So they will only share an official release date as the months gets closer to the estimated window.

thanks for the little info. had to think of BF4.

when i think back when i was in switzerland, they also referred holiday to summer. no one meant winter or even easter. it was summer. and summer is in june-august.

pidipidi39
30th Jun 2014, 07:18
i think back when i was in switzerland, they also referred holiday to summer. no one meant winter or even easter. it was summer. and summer is in june-august.
Yeah, Ikr.
Here in Italy when we say ''Holiday'' we mean June-August too.
But I got used to the fact that in the USA they mean Xmas.

Now that I think about it, they could just have said ''Winter 2015'' and there would have been no confusion xD

Driber
30th Jun 2014, 11:55
Yes, that's what they say currently.

But, again, as you've provided the trailer of TR being released in "Fall 2012", in reality, certain circumstances seemed to have them delay the release, as the months closed in, to Spring 2013.

So this is why I won't be surprised if they delay it again.

To clarify ~ I'm not upset if they do delay it again.
It's just with the majority(?) of game companies in general playing the Delay game in the past has me doubting what they have originally stated in articles or have input within early trailers is my point.

To reiterate ~ I'm really hoping they do not delay it though.

Why are you telling me this? Didn't we already agree on this earlier? lol

I wasn't saying that it's impossible that CD will push back release date, I was only officially clarifying what CD means by "holiday 2015"; the final months of 2015 are their current target release window.

it does seem more obvious then xmas season. but then again, america also writes the date differently than the rest of the world. "month/day/year". wile the rest say "day/month/year". :nut:

lol, what on earth does that have to do with anything.

when i think back when i was in switzerland, they also referred holiday to summer. no one meant winter or even easter. it was summer. and summer is in june-august. [/COLOR]

Well, CD isn't located in Switzerland, is it :p

Here in Italy when we say ''Holiday'' we mean June-August too.
But I got used to the fact that in the USA they mean Xmas.

Are you really sure about that, though? If "holiday" means "summer" in Italian, then what does "vacation" translates to...?

Now that I think about it, they could just have said ''Winter 2015'' and there would have been no confusion xD

Yes, there would, lol. Then you'd have people being confused and thinking if CD means January-February of 2015 :rasp: :D

pidipidi39
30th Jun 2014, 12:56
Are you really sure about that, though? If "holiday" means "summer" in Italian, then what does "vacation" translates to...?
Holiday does not mean Summer in Italian (Summer is translated with Estate).
Holiday and Vacation translate into the same word in Italian: ''Vacanza/e''.
With ''Vacanza'' (the singular) you mean a day off, while with ''Vacanze'' (plural) you can mean any holiday during the year: easter holidays, summer holidays, Christmas holidays and so on.
But, people usually mean the summer holidays with it, because of some reasons.

I'm such a good teacher :D :p

Yes, there would, lol. Then you'd have people being confused and thinking if CD means January-February of 2015 :rasp: :D
Yes, but that would be caused by people's confusion and not by Crystal actually not being accurate :rasp:

Metalrocks
30th Jun 2014, 13:01
Why are you telling me this? Didn't we already agree on this earlier? lol

I wasn't saying that it's impossible that CD will push back release date, I was only officially clarifying what CD means by "holiday 2015"; the final months of 2015 are their current target release window.

lol, what on earth does that have to do with anything.

Well, CD isn't located in Switzerland, is it :p

well, as you can see, im not the only one who thought that holiday means summer. and in america they do write the dates differently.

and you live in holland and holiday doesnt mean summer there? nothing to do with where the company is located.

and regarding the "winter" part. certainly correct, but i havent heard from anyone, referring to dates, that winter means jan-feb. everyone i know, every i have heard, every company i worked for, or read, means end of the year.

but if we to make it really easier for everyone to understand:
end of 2015.

there, this will solve the whole world date problem.

Driber
30th Jun 2014, 13:43
Holiday does not mean Summer in Italian (Summer is translated with Estate).
Holiday and Vacation translate into the same word in Italian: ''Vacanza/e''.
With ''Vacanza'' (the singular) you mean a day off, while with ''Vacanze'' (plural) you can mean any holiday during the year: easter holidays, summer holidays, Christmas holidays and so on.
But, people usually mean the summer holidays with it, because of some reasons.

I'm such a good teacher :D :p

lol thanks, I learned a lot :D

Man, in Holland we have it so much easier. 'Vacation' strictly means 'time off', and 'holiday' strictly means 'day of celebration'.

Yes, but that would be caused by people's stupidity and not by Crystal actually not being accurate :rasp:

Wow, way to throw other forum members under the bus there, mate. That's exactly what some people posted in the beginning of this thread :whistle:

well, as you can see, im not the only one who thought that holiday means summer.

Well, as you can see, most people understood it just fine.

and in america they do write the dates differently.

And I still don't know what that has to do with anything.

and you live in holland and holiday doesnt mean summer there?

See my response to Pidi.

nothing to do with where the company is located.

It does have something to do where a company is located. When a company uses marketing jargon like "Holiday 2015" you always have to keep in mind where that company is located so that you can know what they mean.

And that's exactly what people early on in this thread were doing, and BAM - 'problem' solved.

and regarding the "winter" part. certainly correct, but i havent heard from anyone, referring to dates, that winter means jan-feb. everyone i know, every i have heard, every company i worked for, or read, means end of the year.

You're contradicting yourself here. You say that I am correct, yet you follow up with a counter argument.

So which one is it? You agree with me that if CD had said "Winter 2015" people would still possibly be confused and think they could possibly mean Jan-Feb? Or are you saying that there would be NO ONE making those speculation and it would be "universal fact" that "Winter" couldn't possibly refer to.... WINTER (you know, since there are only about 7 days of actual winter at the end of the year and the vast majority of winter days are in the beginning of the year)? :whistle:

but if we to make it really easier for everyone to understand:
end of 2015.

there, this will solve the whole world date problem.

Yeah, right. Then we'll have people speculating for all the time whether "end" means the last few days of the year, the last few weeks of the year, or the last few months of the year :p :D

pidipidi39
30th Jun 2014, 13:50
Man, in Holland we have it so much easier. 'Vacation' strictly means 'time off', and 'holiday' strictly means 'day of celebration'.
Yeah, that's easier :)

Wow, way to throw other forum members under the bus there, mate. That's exactly what some people posted in the beginning of this thread :whistle:
Ops, sorry :(
I didn't mean to offend anyone :(
Ok, maybe I should have used a different word (gonna change it right now), I didn't mean ''People are dumb''.
God, I guess I should have read the whole thread before posting that.

Driber
30th Jun 2014, 14:13
^ Thanks, mate. It sounds better now :thumb: :)

Rai
30th Jun 2014, 15:04

I guess I was the one to make assumptions. When you say summer, you were referring to Nov-Feb time-frame, yeah? With Christmas in December. So to think that CD meant 'summer' wasn't wrong really.

And also the UK complicates things. We use the word Holiday for school time off, so when they have time off for Easter, Summer and Christmas, it's the school 'holidays'. But, commercially, when we say Holiday, it does usually mean over the Christmas period. Also when workers take time off, they're 'on holiday' whether we go 'on holiday' (taking a trip away abroad or just within the UK) or not. Brits rarely say they're going on vacation (taking a trip away). :nut:.

Metalrocks
30th Jun 2014, 15:26
You're contradicting yourself here. You say that I am correct, yet you follow up with a counter argument.

So which one is it? You agree with me that if CD had said "Winter 2015" people would still possibly be confused and think they could possibly mean Jan-Feb? Or are you saying that there would be NO ONE making those speculation and it would be "universal fact" that "Winter" couldn't possibly refer to.... WINTER (you know, since there are only about 7 days of actual winter at the end of the year and the vast majority of winter days are in the beginning of the year)? :whistle:

Yeah, right. Then we'll have people speculating for all the time whether "end" means the last few days of the year, the last few weeks of the year, or the last few months of the year :p :D

i see you got me a bit wrong here. technically you are right that winter as such is from dec-feb. but if they would have said winter holidays (which i should have written to make it clearer), then its universal to think of december.

and regarding you last statement;
so? still easier for everyone to understand when ruffly the game will come out. how many companies did that and no one got crazy about it.

I guess I was the one to make assumptions. When you say summer, you were referring to Nov-Feb time-frame, yeah? With Christmas in December. So to think that CD meant 'summer' wasn't wrong really.

And also the UK complicates things. We use the word Holiday for school time off, so when they have time off for Easter, Summer and Christmas, it's the school 'holidays'. But, commercially, when we say Holiday, it does usually mean over the Christmas period. Also when workers take time off, they're 'on holiday' whether we go 'on holiday' (taking a trip away abroad or just within the UK) or not. Brits rarely say they're going on vacation (taking a trip away). :nut:.

pretty much that. yes.
i guess that companies do use school holiday as a reference since most people have families and it just makes it easier to interpret it.

Driber
30th Jun 2014, 17:37
i see you got me a bit wrong here. technically you are right that winter as such is from dec-feb. but if they would have said winter holidays (which i should have written to make it clearer), then its universal to think of december.

and regarding you last statement;
so? still easier for everyone to understand when ruffly the game will come out. how many companies did that and no one got crazy about it.

pretty much that. yes.
i guess that companies do use school holiday as a reference since most people have families and it just makes it easier to interpret it.

Right, so let's recap, shall we...

First you feel the need to throw CD under the bus for writing a phrase in their first trailer that wasn't crystal clear to you, even though just reading the few couple of posts in this thread it was pretty well explained what time window CD is referring to.

Your complaint was that to you, "summer is the biggest holiday". Even though the dictionary definition of "holiday" is "a day fixed by law or custom on which ordinary business is suspended in commemoration of some event or in honor of some person"

So that already right there makes your argument invalid, because even though during the summer vacation schools are out, ordinary business is certainly not suspended in commemoration of some event or in honor of some person.

So if we're focusing on the plain old dictionary definition, there's no way you can say that summer is the biggest "holiday"; Christmas is clearly the biggest holiday of the year, which is celebrated in December in the vast majority of the world.

You then go on to further support your complaint with a vague argument about Americans writing days and months in a different order, which you still haven't explained how that has any kind of bearing on your complaint at all, since the trailer does not state anything in the month/day/year format.

Then you propose that CD should write (or should have written) "End of 2015" as solution end (or avoided) the confusion, even though that phrase would also have introduced confusion. And when I point it out, you shrug your shoulders and dismiss it :nut:

So we're having this whole long discussion about it, and why? Just because you were confused about winter/summer for a few seconds? As I said, all you had to do is open this thread, read the first few posts, and you had your answer. Bam - 'problem' solved; no harm done; no need to complain.

The same time you would have to spend going online when CD for example announces an event and they use PST as their timezone indicator. You also would have had to go to a thread, see if anyone converted it to your particular timezone to find out when the event starts in your country. Or you would have had to look it up through a timezone converter, yourself, which would have taken you less than a minute.

Or how about when CD announces a new product, for example, a Lara action figure, and the prices are listed in USD in their announcement text. You then also have to look up online via a currency converter how much it would be in Hong Kong dollars.

So are you every time going to demand that CD makes perfect announcements that are so elaborate that they are instantly understood by the entire world? Should they list their product prices in every conceivable currency in a blog post, and should they announce events and provide every conceivable timezone variation, so that all is instantly clear in all corners of the earth, so that there would be no people who would have to spend a precious minute of their life looking it up online?

---

Okay, I guess I went off on a bit of a tangent here, so I apologize for the long winded text, heh. In conclusion - after having analysed the discussion we've been having here about "Holiday 2015", my complaint is that some people have IMO gotten so incredibly entitled that they feel the need to complain about the most insignificant little things that inconvenience them in the most insignificant ways.

(Metal, I swear... if your response is going to be "I wasn't really serious about my complaint" I'm gonna smack you with a smelly fish for trolling me! :lol:)

Rai
30th Jun 2014, 18:00
Why is there even any confusion? Metal's confusion came from Holiday 2015, right? Which he interpreted as Summer 2015, which, is actually correct if you're in Australia or anywhere else that sees summer happening in the end of the year: November/December; the 'Holiday' in question being Christmas, which, commercially (sales and offers etc) is the biggest 'holiday' of the year. I didn't help matters by questioning Metal's summer reference as summer for me is...now (June-August), so I thought Metal was talking about June-August 2015 *facepalm* (He wasn't). I can only imagine that Metal's confusion came from 'Hmm, Holiday 2015, that's summer, right', but everyone else here seems to think it's Fall/Autumn (which in Australia would be Feb/March?) I can kind of see why 'end of/last few months of 2015' clarifies things for him.

namitokiwa
30th Jun 2014, 18:11
No matter the release is, I can still saving money for this game. My wallet is ready. :-P

Driber
30th Jun 2014, 18:19
Yeah I'm pretty sure Australia having summer in December caused an additional few wires to cross along in the discussion :nut:

I can kind of see why 'end of [...] of 2015' clarifies things for him.

For him, yeah. While at the same time also introducing confusion for others.

Metalrocks
1st Jul 2014, 11:32
i sure didnt intent to confuse others. and im certainly not mad at CD. and yes driber, your comment did come across as rude but lets not swell on that.
also the american date was just an example.

and what rai said. because when i see trailers in cinemas and they say holiday, it is summer. which in australians case is from dec-feb.

ok, now thats all cleared up. case closed.

Driber
1st Jul 2014, 11:50
Uhm, I don't recall referring to my own post as (possibly) "rude" :scratch:

Anyway, what made you interpret it that way? You didn't take that last line seriously (okay, that's ironic, lol) did you? Because that was 100% a joke -_-

Metalrocks
1st Jul 2014, 12:04
Uhm, I don't recall referring to my own post as (possibly) "rude" :scratch:

Anyway, what made you interpret it that way? You didn't take that last line seriously (okay, that's ironic, lol) did you? Because that was 100% a joke -_-

to me it sounded rude, like im an idiot. i know you didnt say that, just how it came across to me.

but as i said, lets not dwell about it. its done, its over. time to move on. :)

Driber
1st Jul 2014, 13:15
Alright, let's move on. FWIW, I certainly do not think you are an idiot :flowers:

Metalrocks
2nd Jul 2014, 01:19
thank you :)

hipeople5100
12th Jul 2014, 23:37
This does not seem right because on a page it says Rise of the Tomb Raider supposed to be release May 2015? That does not make sense and isn't that too early?
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/28440/20140711/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-release-date.htm?\

Treeble
13th Jul 2014, 00:02
Just speculation, I'd say. Even the platforms haven't been officially revealed as of yet, and I fail to see this game coming out on PS3/360, especially considering Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris will come out before and will only be available for PS4/One(/PC).

Rai
13th Jul 2014, 00:15
It's misinformed. Crystal D have already confirmed that Rise will be released in the last few months of 2015, Hence Holiday 2015 in the trailer. And so far we only know the game is next gen, PS4, XboxOne and presumably PC (when CD announced they were working on the sequel).

Driber
13th Jul 2014, 13:29
This does not seem right because on a page it says Rise of the Tomb Raider supposed to be release May 2015? That does not make sense and isn't that too early?
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/28440/20140711/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-release-date.htm?\

Sloppy article. Do not believe. Official release window is last months of 2015.

Just speculation, I'd say. Even the platforms haven't been officially revealed as of yet, and I fail to see this game coming out on PS3/360, especially considering Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris will come out before and will only be available for PS4/One(/PC).

LCTOO is a completely different game using a different engine. And on top of that, it might even be limited to DD only, unlike the main games. So LCTOO not being released for PS3/360 likely has very little baring on TR10 release platform, if any at all.

Treeble
13th Jul 2014, 15:21
It still doesn't make sense to skip one release and then one year later release a game for a previous gen platform. If it were the other way around I could see it happening, though.

Driber
13th Jul 2014, 16:35
It still doesn't make sense to skip one release and then one year later release a game for a previous gen platform.

If LCTOO was a TR game, sure. But it's not.

They are different games. Different workflows. Probably different teams. Perhaps even different studios.