PDA

View Full Version : Will there be another Anniversary?

Scion's_Eye
13th Jun 2014, 05:21
Since the 20 year anniversary of TR will be in 2016, and we all know ROTTR is coming for 2015, I have to wonder if there will be another remake.

What do you think? Would you want a remake? Do you expect one? What game(s) would you like to be remade?

I personally would love an HD remake of 2 and 3 combined, maybe like an HD classic series with Anniversary included. *idea partially... okay, fully... stolen from the upcoming Master Chief Collection for Halo*

XylophoneDealers
13th Jun 2014, 07:03
It's definitely a possibility - but there are currently two games in development (ROOTR & LC:TOO). But 2016 is a while away, we'll just have to wait and see!

BridgetFisher
13th Jun 2014, 08:12
Id buy another Anniversary edition. I was very happy with the last anniversary edition made. I liked being able to change outfits and the look of the character. Definitely one of my favorite games in my collection. Plus it will help me get my Tomb Raider Fix since the new games have no tomb raiding :P The new Rise Of the Tomb Raider says it will have Tombs, but knowing its being made by people who hated the tombs, I dont think the tombs will be very good sadly. T_T

d1n0_xD
13th Jun 2014, 08:13
Id buy another Anniversary edition. I was very happy with the last anniversary edition made. I liked being able to change outfits and the look of the character. Definitely one of my favorite games in my collection. Plus it will help me get my Tomb Raider Fix since the new games have no tomb raiding :P The new one says it will have one, but knowing its being made by people who hated the tombs, I dont think they will be very good sadly. T_T

What are you talking about? :scratch:

a_big_house
13th Jun 2014, 08:20
Since Anni came out 11 years after TR1, perhaps Anni 2 could do the same? (Gives them more time) On top of the first Anni release, of course... So 2018

pirate1802
13th Jun 2014, 08:49
What are you talking about? :scratch:

That "I hate tombs" line probably. Its astounding how many people didn't get the joke..

NSW_pride
13th Jun 2014, 08:52
This is what CD have said about remaking past TR games.

Are there plans to remake any other Tomb Raider titles such as was done with Anniversary?

KS: “No, there are no plans right now or in the future to develop any other Tomb Raider title besides what we’re currently working on. You can still play the original games on your PlayStation or PSP. As you know our goal is to start from day one with the franchise. This is it. This is Lara’s new adventure.” [Transcribed from Crystal Habit Podcast #3 (September 2011)]

I took that from in here http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=124504#FAQ:_LEGACY_TOMB_RAIDER_TITLES

Rai
13th Jun 2014, 09:22
^Except Karl also said there'd be no GoL sequel. :whistle:

I suppose it's possible. I'm among the few that actually liked TRA, though I can see flaws in it. A remake of TR2 would be nice or any of the Core games as a 20 year anniversary of the start of it all could just as well be celebrated with any game remade.

@BridgitFisher, you said you liked TRA, yeah? Well you know the same company that worked on TRA as the ones working on RotTR, the same company you say 'hate the tombs'. Granted, a lot of the team would be different.

BlueSkiesXXV
13th Jun 2014, 12:14
A remake of TR2 would be just...AWESOME!!! It was such a great game and running around in Venice again or the wreck of the Maria Doria in HD would just be the coolest!!!

What a way to celebrate 20 years of Tomb Raider!!!

IvanaKC
13th Jun 2014, 12:24
A remake of TR2 would be just...AWESOME!!! It was such a great game and running around in Venice again or the wreck of the Maria Doria would just be the coolest!!!

What a way to celebrate 20 years of Tomb Raider!!!

As much as I agree, it would be better if this anniversary is celebrated some other time. Now they're busy with new TR games. I would rather have one decent game than many unfinished ones.

Tecstar70
13th Jun 2014, 14:07
As much as I agree, it would be better if this anniversary is celebrated some other time. Now they're busy with new TR games. I would rather have one decent game than many unfinished ones.

Not that I would be bothered by a remake, but I wouldn't be surprised if LCTOO is out soon so they may have some bandwidth to do something?

Valenka
13th Jun 2014, 14:51
Honestly, I sincerely hope not. It would be a complete back-pedal given the fact that they want us to forget the Lara we once knew, as this is her reincarnation. To remake a game from the generation they want us to forget seems quite foolish.

Scion's_Eye
13th Jun 2014, 15:28
Honestly, I sincerely hope not. It would be a complete back-pedal given the fact that they want us to forget the Lara we once knew, as this is her reincarnation. To remake a game from the generation they want us to forget seems quite foolish.

I can see your point... but iunno maybe just an HD remake like they did with the God of War titles would be a nice addition in my collection imo.

Metalrocks
13th Jun 2014, 15:34
a big no no from me. they should really focus on the new lara instead going for a quick cash grab.
besides, i didnt enjoy anni. from egypt on i hated it and i even took out he dvd from my drive and threw it against the wall because it made ma so angry.

BridgetFisher
13th Jun 2014, 15:39
a big no no from me. they should really focus on the new lara instead going for a quick cash grab.
besides, i didnt enjoy anni. from egypt on i hated it and i even took out he dvd from my drive and threw it against the wall because it made ma so angry.
What was it you hated about the anni? Maybe the steam version fixed those things since its updated? I think there are different teams at Eidos since one team made Temple of Osiris and I saw this one guy from that team, he was awesome so happy and excited about it because he knows how much fun its gonna be!!! Maybe that team could work on another anni version? Im not sure but those are different teams right? Or are they the same people?

Valenka
13th Jun 2014, 15:53
I can see your point... but iunno maybe just an HD remake like they did with the God of War titles would be a nice addition in my collection imo.

I don't think so; that would mean less people working on an official instalment and it could suffer because of it. I'd rather have a quality game and no HD remake than a crappy game, but with Tomb Raider 2 with more polish.

Metalrocks
13th Jun 2014, 16:23
What was it you hated about the anni? Maybe the steam version fixed those things since its updated? I think there are different teams at Eidos since one team made Temple of Osiris and I saw this one guy from that team, he was awesome so happy and excited about it because he knows how much fun its gonna be!!! Maybe that team could work on another anni version? Im not sure but those are different teams right? Or are they the same people?

mainly the controls and the camera that made the platforming to a nightmare. i think i have learned a lot of new profanity because of it.

Weemanply109
13th Jun 2014, 17:54

I'd agree but considering that Crystal are still releasing the "Lara Croft.." franchise and that still continues with adventures of the old Lara with the old voice actress then they've already kind put themselves in that territory already.

I wouldn't mind a TR2 HD remake that's digital only. The best it can do is bring more people to be aware of the older series and bring more sales.

NikNak513
13th Jun 2014, 18:18
I don't see it happening.

Treeble
13th Jun 2014, 20:03
A little homage as a DLC to either game (I'd lean towards LCTOO, even) would be better at this point than a full remake. I guess it'd receive a lot less hate from the fans, too. :)

LARALOVERnr1
13th Jun 2014, 22:08
Please remake Legend... Please remake Legend.... Please remake Legend.....

Valenka
15th Jun 2014, 15:33

That would be rather pointless, I think. :scratch:

IvanaKC
15th Jun 2014, 16:01

Why in the world would they do that? It is not that old game and it still has nice graphics.

d1n0_xD
15th Jun 2014, 16:03
mainly the controls and the camera that made the platforming to a nightmare. i think i have learned a lot of new profanity because of it.

Oh God, I remember climbing that pyramid with those poles that go away after a certain amount of time... Let's just say I was frequently swimming in lava :D

IvanaKC
15th Jun 2014, 16:18
Oh God, I remember climbing that pyramid with those poles that go away after a certain amount of time... Let's just say I was frequently swimming in lava :D

I didn't mind that, at least it was a challenge. :D And it's not like we didn't have full control of the camera, you could rotate it any way you wanted.

d1n0_xD
15th Jun 2014, 16:25
^ Yeah, but Lara just wouldn't respond to my input, she would always jump ahead instead of bouncing off the wall and onto a pole, no matter what I did xD I still enjoyed it, but it's one of those games you want to replay but you remember a certain level and you just don't want to xD That's why I replayed Legend 11 times, Underworld 5 times, TR2013 2 times and I'm planning on doing it again in a week or so :D But Anni? Played twice, and on that 2nd run, I gave up xD

IvanaKC
15th Jun 2014, 16:37
^ Yeah, but Lara just wouldn't respond to my input, she would always jump ahead instead of bouncing off the wall and onto a pole, no matter what I did xD I still enjoyed it, but it's one of those games you want to replay but you remember a certain level and you just don't want to xD That's why I replayed Legend 11 times, Underworld 5 times, TR2013 2 times and I'm planning on doing it again in a week or so :D But Anni? Played twice, and on that 2nd run, I gave up xD

Wow, I've never encountered such problems.
You know, I lost the count of how many times I played LAU trilogy. But 11 times for Legend - too little, if you ask me. :p

Error96_
15th Jun 2014, 17:55
I definitely think TR2 is the best in series and if they went for a remake it's the logical choice. The Maria Dora levels and Venice could look unbelievable with current graphics. I don't think they will do it but if they do a remake I would want an updated TRA/TR2 model Lara and not a TR(2013) model Lara in it.

Thetford
11th Jul 2014, 19:54
I think we will have to wait for Crystal Dynamics to screw up and give the franchise to a different development team with conveniently the same initials.

Driber
11th Jul 2014, 23:07
I think we will have to wait for Crystal Dynamics to screw up and give the franchise to a different development team with conveniently the same initials.

OMG you're right :eek:

Benghazi!!!

Weemanply109
12th Jul 2014, 02:28

:lol: