PDA

View Full Version : TR10 plot speculation *possible spoilers*

Driber
12th Jun 2014, 21:52
So first up a warning - this thread MAY contain possible spoilers. That is, speculation that may reveal plot points that turn out to be true. So if you're not comfortable having ideas put into your head... GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU CAN! :D

So I thought we could have some fun speculating on the plot of the upcoming TR game. I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but going through screenshots of the trailer I just noticed something:

http://driber.net/tr/assets/tr10/screenshots/e3_2014_announce/t/001.jpg (http://driber.net/tr/assets/tr10/screenshots/e3_2014_announce/001.jpg)

See that leather jacket that Lara is holding onto so tightly? It seems to me aaaaaaawfully similar to Sam's jacket:

jhlkku_char_92352.jpg

Could this mean that Sam died and that Lara is wearing her jacket to "keep Sam close to her"?

And could this be the real reason why Lara is suddenly in therapy?

http://driber.net/os/detective.gif

a_big_house
12th Jun 2014, 21:57
I'ma just quote myself here ;)

Since we don't have a story thread (yet) and it was just brought up by you two beauties above. I think everyone needs to consider that the Lara we saw at the end of TR9 and the Lara we saw in the TR10 trailer are two different people (emotionally, of course).
We should be asking why is she rising, when she had already risen? (as Valenka just said)
Like it or not, I think that the comics hold the answer - We know issues 7-12 will set the story for TR10 and Rhianna has been co-writing them (/will be).

I'm thinking that in the comics, Lara ends up killing Sam which puts her in the state in which we saw in the trailer and the game will see her 'rising' out of that. Of course, if I'm wrong you can all just forget I said anything :3

Driber
12th Jun 2014, 22:00
You're right, it indeed does seem like a too big "sudden" change in Lara, assuming the comics are chronologically representative. I think we might be onto something here...

RybatGrimes
12th Jun 2014, 22:14
OMG. HER JACKET DOES LOOK LIKE SAMS.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/46ca9c1b05d97def4c0f5f8e580990bb/tumblr_inline_n72tr4jyAE1qgigev.gif

_Ninja_
12th Jun 2014, 22:29
I can't really picture them leaving such a major character change for the comics. Most gamers wont read them and they wont leave them asking, "Wait, what's happening here? When did all this happen?"

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
12th Jun 2014, 22:32
Driber, Sam's picture does not display at all for me. I had to check it manually (the link shows up as a code when quoting your post).

Anyway, while the jacket doesn't look THAT similar to me, you might be on to something here. Maybe Lara - still confident and bloodthirsty after the, um, "island incident" - did embark on a new adventure, but things did not go according to plan, resulting in something terrible that happened to Sam. That would explain the sudden therapy, which seems slightly at odds with TR2013's ending - unless we factor in an event that might have occurred between the two games.

Driber
12th Jun 2014, 22:33
I can't really picture them leaving such a major character change for the comics. Most gamers wont read them and they wont leave them asking, "Wait, what's happening here? When did all this happen?"

It could be part of those flashbacks Lara is having during her therapy sessions...

RybatGrimes
12th Jun 2014, 22:35

They could fill in the blanks and explain it so easily. :p

Driber
12th Jun 2014, 22:37
Driber, Sam's picture does not display at all for me. I had to check it manually (the link shows up as a code when quoting your post).

Hmm, it works just fine for me :scratch:

I've edited my post to include the direct link.

Edit: Ah I see now, the pic was hotlink protected. I didn't notice it because it was still in my browser cache. It's fixed now :)

Rai
12th Jun 2014, 23:14
The two jackets don't look that similar to me. Sam's jacket is brown and looks like it zips up. Whereas Lara's jacket looks black, though, granted, it's hard to tell, and has large lapels.

To go along with your theory, if it is the same jacket, it certainly would make sense that Lara wears it and holds it so tightly in the trailer. Sam dying, though saddening for Lara might still not be enough to send her to therapy. Would CD agree to Sam dying in the comics though? I mean, yes they bridge the gap between adventures how significant are they to hold such a significant thing happen to one of the main characters in TR'13? There is one way the death of Sam could happen 'off screen' and that would be in a novel,, a book being long enough to give the storyline justice. We know a novel is due in October one with an adventure, presumably set after Yamatai, yet still before the next (game) adventure. If Lara and Sam took it upon themselves to go on an adventure, with them both still new to it all, and it goes drastically wrong, then this could lead into Lara's first solo adventure...and could make it hard for her to trust these new friends mentioned in the RoTTR short description.

MetalJosh18
12th Jun 2014, 23:47
The two jackets don't look that similar to me. Sam's jacket is brown and looks like it zips up. Whereas Lara's jacket looks black, though, granted, it's hard to tell, and has large lapels.

To go along with your theory, if it is the same jacket, it certainly would make sense that Lara wears it and holds it so tightly in the trailer. Sam dying, though saddening for Lara might still not be enough to send her to therapy. Would CD agree to Sam dying in the comics though? I mean, yes they bridge the gap between adventures how significant are they to hold such a significant thing happen to one of the main characters in TR'13? There is one way the death of Sam could happen 'off screen' and that would be in a novel,, a book being long enough to give the storyline justice. We know a novel is due in October one with an adventure, presumably set after Yamatai, yet still before the next (game) adventure. If Lara and Sam took it upon themselves to go on an adventure, with them both still new to it all, and it goes drastically wrong, then this could lead into Lara's first solo adventure...and could make it hard for her to trust these new friends mentioned in the RoTTR short description.

You might be on to something :eek:

Metalrocks
13th Jun 2014, 04:24
sounds like a possibility but i also have to say that laras jacket looks darker and different than that of sam. im really curious how much they use form the comics (once its complete).
or maybe sam got so affected by it that she ended up in an asylum and it broke lara to see her like that.

at the moment i cant think of anything else but certainly a possibility.

Scion's_Eye
13th Jun 2014, 05:13
Ohohohoh yes.. bring on the conspiracy.

*grabs popcorn*

XylophoneDealers
13th Jun 2014, 06:44
Oh this stuff is good. SO GOOD. That's probably why Lara is so nervous. I mean yeah she killed all of those people, but I mean at the end of TR(2013), she was planning on what she must do and 'she must understand'. Sure, she wasn't even worried about what she'd done! XD

d1n0_xD
13th Jun 2014, 07:06

When you think about it, she wasn't that major of a character, sure she was Lara's friend, and something like an heir to Himiko but I still view her as disposable, especially if it strengthens Lara's arc. And in the game it can be easily explained in the intro trailer, like an extended version of this trailer :)

I'ma just quote myself here ;)

Can you please elaborate on that, what's happening in the comics? In detail, please :)

I don't have a theory yet, but stay tuned :p

pirate1802
13th Jun 2014, 07:10
Could this mean that Sam died and that Lara is wearing her jacket to "keep Sam close to her"?

And could this be the real reason why Lara is suddenly in therapy?

cancelling my preorder

daventry
13th Jun 2014, 07:23
Its Speculation, seriously the Game isent going to Revolve around Lara tearing up over Sam throughout the Game that she has to go Therapy for.

Lara is doing Therapy because She went through way Worse in the Game then the others.

Sam might've slit her pulse and Killed herself, so Lara feels a little Guilty and is wearing her Jacket, but thats Not the reason Why Lara is in Therapy.

Remember where Lara has been and what she has been through, walking over decapitated Corpses, jumping into a River of Blood, Shooting Hundreds of People all Rambo Style, Loosing her Mentor, Sam being Sacrificed. All that is being thrown in Lara's Face where the rest of her Friends were locked in a Cage, Lara has it Worse and should be in a Mental Hospital.

Joslin left Lara as a Friend and Blames her for the Death of her Husband in witch leaving her Child without a Father.

Jonah went back to he's Homeland in not wanting to be close to Lara again in fear of he's own Life.

So basically this ROTTR is about Lara as to what she is Becoming, a Tomb Raider whereas the Characters from the Previous Game will just be Flashbacks and the Game will Focus on Lara and the Cult she read about when we found those Radio Tapes around the Island that called themselves Trinity.

BridgetFisher
13th Jun 2014, 09:07
Are there specific comics that are recommended reading that lead into Rise of the tomb raider? Id like to read those to keep up on the story, since as a story its very well written.

_Ninja_
13th Jun 2014, 09:31
When you think about it, she wasn't that major of a character, sure she was Lara's friend, and something like an heir to Himiko but I still view her as disposable, especially if it strengthens Lara's arc. And in the game it can be easily explained in the intro trailer, like an extended version of this trailer :)

Maybe not but people remember the whole first game revolving around saving her. And now when they load up the new game it would be like, "Whoah, really! They just killed her off screen like that?"

a_big_house
13th Jun 2014, 10:17
Can you please elaborate on that, what's happening in the comics? In detail, please :)

I can't really elaborate, but ok...
So, the comics are currently detailing what's happening after they've left the island and have settled back into their normal lives. Although, everyone is having nightmares and Sam has a mysterious hand print on her arm... Jonah almost drowns, Reyes, her daughter and Lara almost get shot by some guys who want to gain some ancient power without resurrecting Himiko, oh, and Sam gets kidnapped...
Which leaves Lara, Reyes and Jonah on a boat heading back to Yamatai to save her arse, but, the guys attack the boat, Lara falls into the water and ends up in a life raft, floats to shore then opens up her fancy weapons case, complete with bow, and pistols and that's where issue 4 ends :)

Are there specific comics that are recommended reading that lead into Rise of the tomb raider? Id like to read those to keep up on the story, since as a story its very well written.

Issues 7 - 12 will lead into the new game ;)

BridgetFisher
13th Jun 2014, 10:41
I can't really elaborate, but ok...
So, the comics are currently detailing what's happening after they've left the island and have settled back into their normal lives. Although, everyone is having nightmares and Sam has a mysterious hand print on her arm... Jonah almost drowns, Reyes, her daughter and Lara almost get shot by some guys who want to gain some ancient power without resurrecting Himiko, oh, and Sam gets kidnapped...
Which leaves Lara, Reyes and Jonah on a boat heading back to Yamatai to save her arse, but, the guys attack the boat, Lara falls into the water and ends up in a life raft, floats to shore then opens up her fancy weapons case, complete with bow, and pistols and that's where issue 4 ends :)

Issues 7 - 12 will lead into the new game ;)

I know this sounds stupid but like uhhh issues 7-12 of ______. On amazon there are alot of listings for the comic with different names, "CineQuest", "case files", which series are we talking about? There is a comic book store near me maybe I can go there today and pick these up :D thanks!

a_big_house
13th Jun 2014, 10:45
They're just titled 'Tomb Raider'
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140674

BridgetFisher
13th Jun 2014, 11:08
They're just titled 'Tomb Raider'
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140674

Oh, exciting, are these written by Pratchett? That is who writes the Tomb Raider games right? Her father is a world famous writer!

a_big_house
13th Jun 2014, 12:12
No, they're written by Gail Simone, however Rhianna will co-write issues 7-12

Valenka
13th Jun 2014, 14:50
Damn you, Driber! I logged on this morning to make a similar thread. :p

Weemanply109
13th Jun 2014, 17:07
Anything that leads to the death of Sam is good in my book and even better if it helps Lara become more like the one we knew before.

XylophoneDealers
13th Jun 2014, 17:24
I'm having so many ideas for ROOTR. OMG. And the trailer is so much darker, gives a more solemn feel to the game. But also a more... Important feel. When the tomb appeared I got chills.

Driber
13th Jun 2014, 17:39
Its Speculation, seriously the Game isent going to Revolve around Lara tearing up over Sam throughout the Game that she has to go Therapy for.

Lara is doing Therapy because She went through way Worse in the Game then the others.

Sam might've slit her pulse and Killed herself, so Lara feels a little Guilty and is wearing her Jacket, but thats Not the reason Why Lara is in Therapy.

Remember where Lara has been and what she has been through, walking over decapitated Corpses, jumping into a River of Blood, Shooting Hundreds of People all Rambo Style, Loosing her Mentor, Sam being Sacrificed. All that is being thrown in Lara's Face where the rest of her Friends were locked in a Cage, Lara has it Worse and should be in a Mental Hospital.

Joslin left Lara as a Friend and Blames her for the Death of her Husband in witch leaving her Child without a Father.

Jonah went back to he's Homeland in not wanting to be close to Lara again in fear of he's own Life.

So basically this ROTTR is about Lara as to what she is Becoming, a Tomb Raider whereas the Characters from the Previous Game will just be Flashbacks and the Game will Focus on Lara and the Cult she read about when we found those Radio Tapes around the Island that called themselves Trinity.

I wasn't saying that the possible death of Sam is the sole reason why Lara is in therapy, I was saying that that could be the trigger. The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

Yes, the ordeals she went through on Yamatai were horrible. But as we see in the comics thus far, she isn't breaking down. Sam actually has it much worse. But as long as Lara has Sam, she finds strength to fight on, maybe to protect Sam.

But if Sam in the end dies, that could the one trigger that sends Lara's mental state spiralling out of control and slinging her into a bad case of PTSD, and thus the reason why in the beginning of the trailer we see a completely different Lara.

Damn you, Driber! I logged on this morning to make a similar thread. :p

:p

Maybe not but people remember the whole first game revolving around saving her. And now when they load up the new game it would be like, "Whoah, really! They just killed her off screen like that?"

Keep in mind that we've just seen a 2 minute trailer. Sam might be killed off in the comics, and Lara then revisits the story through flashbacks at the beginning of TR10, or Sam might be killed off early on in the game itself.

_Ninja_
13th Jun 2014, 17:42
Keep in mind that we've just seen a 2 minute trailer. Sam might be killed off in the comics, and Lara then revisits the story through flashbacks at the beginning of TR10, or Sam might be killed off early on in the game itself.

Now a fully playable flashback of that would be awesome.

Weemanply109
13th Jun 2014, 17:51
I'm having so many ideas for ROOTR. OMG. And the trailer is so much darker, gives a more solemn feel to the game. But also a more... Important feel. When the tomb appeared I got chills.

Ditto! I just hope that Tomb is actually in-game!

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
13th Jun 2014, 20:08
Now a fully playable flashback of that would be awesome.

You know, I can't shake the feeling the majority of the story will be told via flashbacks - the whole idea of a therapy session lends itself to such a structure very well.

Gitb97
13th Jun 2014, 20:10
You know, I can't shake the feeling the majority of the story will be told via flashbacks - the whole idea of a therapy session lends itself to such a structure very well.

Just one or two flashbacks would do it for me, I wanna see how Lara is coping NOW, not a month or two behind her present day

MissBrandy
13th Jun 2014, 20:50
cancelling my preorder

:D:D Did I forget to tell you how much I like you ?? :lol::lol:

PS: I was about to say the same :D

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
14th Jun 2014, 07:30
I'm thinking that in the comics, Lara ends up killing Sam which puts her in the state in which we saw in the trailer and the game will see her 'rising' out of that. Of course, if I'm wrong you can all just forget I said anything :3

i think it's highly unlikely that Lara will murder Sam.
however, if it happened, i wouldn't be surprised. only because
TR has thrown some major curveballs at us in the past. but i do
have a really strong feeling that Sam's fate is going to be grim
regardless. :(

chriss_99
14th Jun 2014, 08:11
Oh, how I love speculation threads. That's the best part in waiting for the game period. :D

Let's start with the jacket. There's no way that one belongs to Sam.
Firstly, Sam's jacket is brown not black :p
Secondly, I doubt CD would kill Sam somewhere outside the game universe. That could create a major plot hole.
The story in the comics is one thing, but I doubt it will have that big of an influence on the events in the sequel.

Moving on to the bear.
http://0519f170a2731643c0a9-ec45ee3cb118921cf5758d3a3db775b7.r83.cf1.rackcdn.com/ea90bee9265180d356d9b5fddfb9f826133f516b.jpg__846x0_q80.jpg

It brings back memories of Tomb Raider I. At least for me :)
That might also suggest that we'll be fighting more animals this time.

The location reminds me of Yamatai a bit. But it's unlikely we end up on an island once again. Perhaps some mountain region this time?

The mercenary that we see near the end might have been hired by Trinity. I love the idea that Lara has to fight against some sort of secret organisation which is interested in everything that's supernatural.
I also hope we'll have more stealth opportunities this time round. This is definitely my style of dealing with combat situations.

a_big_house
14th Jun 2014, 10:33
It's Trinity Sunday tomorrow :whistle:

Metalrocks
14th Jun 2014, 12:37
The mercenary that we see near the end might have been hired by Trinity. I love the idea that Lara has to fight against some sort of secret organisation which is interested in everything that's supernatural.
I also hope we'll have more stealth opportunities this time round. This is definitely my style of dealing with combat situations.

but if its only them, then i think they are poorly prepared for it since i didnt see any equipment and the stuff they are wearing looks more casual. but i guess that if they were hired by trinity or any secret organization, they are sure left in the dark what they would face actually. and i dont mean lara :p
i think they would be some small fries who just take value things and sell it on the black market and have actually no idea what they actually see. in other words, inexperienced guys.

maybe its the first level after lara discovered the artifact or what ever she is looking for there. and suddenly lara faces for the first time deadly traps (at least i cant recall any traps on the island) and just managed to escape them but got badly wounded and this brought back memories from the horrific incidents from yamataih and she snapped.

in the meantime the bad guy(s) are trying to figure out who took the artifact and killed his/her men. he/she/they are/were able to figure out who it was and stop at nothing to get it back.

IvanaKC
15th Jun 2014, 15:53
Could someone solve the mystery of Trinity for me? Who or what is that? :scratch:

Metalrocks
15th Jun 2014, 15:55
Could someone solve the mystery of Trinity for me? Who or what is that? :scratch:

you have to read the comics. you can say that they are some organization that still believe in the queen.

Weemanply109
16th Jun 2014, 14:25
Trinity are referenced in the game documents too, IIRC. I didn't really remember much of it nor have I caught up on the comics yet. However I don't like the idea of some conspiracy organisation based from what I remember/assume. It's too cliché. Let's hope they make it interesting if they go with it.

Chocolate_shake
17th Jun 2014, 06:28
The men in black suits troubling Lara and co in the comics can't be the trinity .

From the gps secret documents , it is clear that the Trinity saw Himiko and her resurrection as a threat and referred her as "the enemy" . But the men in the comics say that they worship the sun queen . So they are definitely not the Trinity .

I think the Trinity is an organisation that guards some ancient knowledge / power ( maybe the star phenomenon ? ) and don't want people messing around (knowingly or unknowingly ) trying to unleash it .

The last lines of the gps document are very telling - "Acquisition of star phenomenon unacceptable . Sabotage of axis operation imperative . "

P.S - If we look at issue 3 of the comic , there is a gentleman who saves Alisha's life and buys Lara some time to run out of the Cafe . Could he be a Trinity member ?

Metalrocks
17th Jun 2014, 07:36
The men in black suits troubling Lara and co in the comics can't be the trinity .

From the gps secret documents , it is clear that the Trinity saw Himiko and her resurrection as a threat and referred her as "the enemy" . But the men in the comics say that they worship the sun queen . So they are definitely not the Trinity .

I think the Trinity is an organisation that guards some ancient knowledge / power ( maybe the star phenomenon ? ) and don't want people messing around (knowingly or unknowingly ) trying to unleash it .

The last lines of the gps document are very telling - "Acquisition of star phenomenon unacceptable . Sabotage of axis operation imperative . "

P.S - If we look at issue 3 of the comic , there is a gentleman who saves Alisha's life and buys Lara some time to run out of the Cafe . Could he be a Trinity member ?

wow, completely forgot about these gps stuff.
and you could be on to something with that guy helping lara. just like that guy from the mummy movies who was guarding the ruins that no one can awake hemotent or what ever the bad guys name was.

d1n0_xD
17th Jun 2014, 08:41
This is exciting :D

dark7angel
17th Jun 2014, 09:27

Thank you! I had this vague recollection about the Trinity mention in the game, but I wasn't 100% sure. :)

pidipidi39
17th Jun 2014, 09:45
Yeah, that could be it :)

Btw, I don't want to sound stupid, but I have a doubt: how do the men in the comics plan on ressurrecting Himiko again if Lara destroyed the ''soul''?
I mean, she should be gone forever :scratch:

Metalrocks
17th Jun 2014, 09:46
Yeah, that could be it :)

Btw, I don't want to sound stupid, but I have a doubt: how do the men in the comics plan on ressurrecting Himiko again if Lara destroyed the ''soul''?
I mean, she should be gone forever :scratch:

they dont want to resurrect her. they said someone else.

a_big_house
17th Jun 2014, 14:25
Roth. They want to resurrect Roth :whistle:

Also the guy in the cafe was Fry.

Metalrocks
17th Jun 2014, 14:40
Roth. They want to resurrect Roth :whistle:

Also the guy in the cafe was Fry.

lol. roth resurrection!

fry??
jilhaa_how-to-draw-fry_1_000000001656_5.jpg

DamianGraham
17th Jun 2014, 16:08
You know though, if Trinity is against The Queen, it would make sense why they kidnap Sam, maybe to keep her from every becoming Himiko's vessel again, they plan on killing her? But then again the men in black suits do worship Himiko, so maybe not... Lol What I want to know is what the hell did that woman transform into, the one that kidnapped Sam? Was she a mud monster? I swear if they kill her in the comics, I will lose it. Sam and Lara were perfect and after ALL of the trouble that Lara went through in the last game... Ugh. I do like how Sam is the damsel in distress and Lara comes to her rescue :p

a_big_house
19th Jun 2014, 13:16
fry??
jilhaa_how-to-draw-fry_1_000000001656_5.jpg
Yes! They're both ginger and wearing red jackets ;)

You know though, if Trinity is against The Queen, it would make sense why they kidnap Sam, maybe to keep her from every becoming Himiko's vessel again, they plan on killing her? But then again the men in black suits do worship Himiko, so maybe not... Lol What I want to know is what the hell did that woman transform into, the one that kidnapped Sam? Was she a mud monster? I swear if they kill her in the comics, I will lose it. Sam and Lara were perfect and after ALL of the trouble that Lara went through in the last game... Ugh. I do like how Sam is the damsel in distress and Lara comes to her rescue :p
Perhaps they need Sam to get the star phenomenon (whatever that might be) and wasn't the mud monster just a girl in a suit?

xMissCroft
19th Jun 2014, 20:49
So while watching the trailer for the tenth time,
I was thinking; what's the plot gonna be about?
Like, the guy she kills looks exactly like a solarii brother..
Maybe she goes back to yamatai? but, for what? :scratch:
So pumped for it. :worship:

a_big_house
19th Jun 2014, 20:52
I agree he does look like a Solarii guy and well, in the comics she does return to Yamatai, to save Sam (again) :D

xMissCroft
19th Jun 2014, 20:55
I agree he does look like a Solarii guy and well, in the comics she does return to Yamatai, to save Sam (again) :D
I've never read the comics but i might do one day.. hopefully. xD
And i hope sam is in the new one, that'd be awesome if she was.

a_big_house
19th Jun 2014, 20:56
Go back to the first post in this thread, read through and see what you think ;)

d1n0_xD
19th Jun 2014, 21:02
I don't think those ruins are in Yamatai, though...

a_big_house
19th Jun 2014, 21:06
Not anywhere that we've been in the game, but you've gotta consider that the trailer isn't necessarily in chronological order... ie jumping off the cliff she has no tools, in the cave she does ;)

d1n0_xD
19th Jun 2014, 21:18
Yeah, but those ruins don't look very Japanese xD But maybe Yamatai's a prologue kinda thing, who knows XD

xMissCroft
19th Jun 2014, 21:32
Yeah, but those ruins don't look very Japanese xD But maybe Yamatai's a prologue kinda thing, who knows XD
True. I'm actually pretty confused on what its gonna be about. xD

RybatGrimes
19th Jun 2014, 22:04
Have you guys noticed this symbol on the TR website? I seen it a while ago but didn't really pay attention until I noticed it in the trailer:

ppsprr_Trinity-logo.png

The URL of the first picture says "REMI Logo" but when I google search the image there's a listing for a church facebook page called "Trinity Presbyterian Church" with a very similar logo. What's everyone think? Could we be dealing with some sort of a cult/religious group?

Also: just to throw this out, in the comic there is a man that saves Lara and Reye's from the mysterious men in suits, but we don't know who he is or who he works for, but I don't think he was just some random plot device.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/417b2f12f2fe512a70d8d947cbf5ee02/tumblr_n7377oZfW91rn9ixao1_500.jpg
https://31.media.tumblr.com/88d6c46b2d1adeb59bcdc27e6f03344f/tumblr_n7377oZfW91rn9ixao2_500.jpg

The one man says "Our enemy is here" I'm beginning to think Trinity isn't trying to kill Lara, because they've saved them a few times now, the helicopter who picked them up was from Trinity right? Why would they pick them up and attempt to save them if they didn't want them to leave the island with the knowledge of Himiko? Maybe Trinity is Crystals version of the Lux Veritatis and are battling against this other force (men in suits) that's trying to harvest Himiko's power but Trinity doesn't want the knowledge of this power to get out and is trying to stop them and helps Lara along the way because they want her to join them?

d1n0_xD
19th Jun 2014, 22:20
Well, I think Trinity will definitely play a major role in the game... Maybe they'll help Lara out, but in the end, they betray her :D

*waits for the trolls to attack this "cliché" plot* :D

Valenka
20th Jun 2014, 00:00
So while watching the trailer for the tenth time,
I was thinking; what's the plot gonna be about?
Like, the guy she kills looks exactly like a solarii brother..
Maybe she goes back to yamatai? but, for what? :scratch:
So pumped for it. :worship:

Good eye! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it. I was thinking about it for awhile and I came to the conclusion that he's most likely not a Solarii but perhaps a mercenary or just a general low-tier bad guy. I don't think the Solarii will make a return since we've pretty much had our fill of them with TR9 and the comics, but...you never know.

Have you guys noticed this symbol on the TR website? I seen it a while ago but didn't really pay attention until I noticed it in the trailer:

The URL of the first picture says "REMI Logo" but when I google search the image there's a listing for a church facebook page called "Trinity Presbyterian Church" with a very similar logo. What's everyone think? Could we be dealing with some sort of a cult/religious group?

I've seen a similar logo before, but I can't for the life of me remember where. It's quite old and I get a strange sense it's religious. I think it's Celtic or Gaelic, because if you do a Google search for the Celtic or Gaelic cross, you'll find much more intricate versions but when taken apart and simplified, they bear a striking resemblance to the one you posted.

You mentioned the URL says "REMI Logo" and I know REMI is one of two things that could pertain to Tomb Raider:

The Remi were a Belgic people of north-eastern Gaul. Allied with the Germanic tribes of the east, they repeatedly engaged in warfare against the Parisii and the Senones. During the Gallic Wars in the mid-1st century BC, they allied themselves under the leadership of Iccius and Andecombogius with Julius Caesar. They maintained their loyalty to Rome throughout the entire war, and were one of the few Gallic polities not to join in the rebellion of Vercingetorix.

The second would be the Egyptian god 'Rem' who was sometimes called Remi.

Otherwise, it might just be a criminal organisation racing against Lara to beat her to her endgame for ROTTR. :p

Metalrocks
20th Jun 2014, 01:11
i just think that the trailer is the intro of the game. then we see lara in bed sleeping, the alarm clock rings, and then we have some QTEs we have to press for lara to wake up. once she is up, she will say time to raid tombs and the credits start to roll.
there, rise of the tomb raider :p

ok, jokes aside.
i also think that she might quickly return to yamatai to collect something she missed out to figure out the rest of a puzzle.
regarding the guy she kills, i also think its just some small guy who was only told at a "need to know base" information.

about the guy helping lara in the bar.
call it a hunch but i think he just appears in these comics and will die either in the next issue or the next and before he dies (if he does) he will spill the beans or give some clue for lara to investigate for who he works for.
havent really noticed the symbol on the broken pillar but if its related to trinity and they help her, we can expect some religious related story throughout the series unless its only intended for this game.

damn, all these questions that pop up just because of one trailer :nut:

d1n0_xD
20th Jun 2014, 08:10
i just think that the trailer is the intro of the game. then we see lara in bed sleeping, the alarm clock rings, and then we have some QTEs we have to press for lara to wake up. once she is up, she will say time to raid tombs and the credits start to roll.
there, rise of the tomb raider :p

I gotta admit, that was good :D

a_big_house
20th Jun 2014, 08:12
...they've saved them a few times now, the helicopter who picked them up was from Trinity right?...

Well, the ship was called Trinity, so that doesn't necessarily mean that they work for Trinity. It would be like the Batmobile being called the Waynemobile :lol:

EDIT: Having gone to the site to look at the logo myself, I've just notice that the concept art with the bear, Lara is wearing her TR9 outfit. Not sure if that's just for reference or we are actually going back to the island in the game, but in a flashback (the comics have already explained that we haven't seen everything Lara go upto)

EDIT 2: Also there's a freaky face in the bottom center of the tomb concept art :hmm:
:lol:

EDIT 3: Hay geez - Jewel Pistows
pbkxyc_Other.png
Oh noes, its a flashback... Nevermind :'(

Driber
20th Jun 2014, 09:19
^ That's just a flashback of TR9 :whistle:

Well, I think Trinity will definitely play a major role in the game... Maybe they'll help Lara out, but in the end, they betray her :D

Oh my lord, a betrayal?!!! How freaking original :rolleyes: Do the devs think I'm gonna fork over my hard earned $60 for a stupid plot twist (haha that isn't a plot twist at all - everyone would know it's coming! lolololol) like that?! Christ, I'd rather spend my money on something useful like buying gas for my car :mad:

d1n0_xD
20th Jun 2014, 09:23
Oh noes, its a flashback... Nevermind :'(

^ That's just a flashback of TR9 :whistle:

Yep, I was like, "finally dual pistols" confirmed, y'all can rest easy now" for a second there, but nope :p

Oh my lord, a betrayal, how freaking original. Do the devs think I'm gonna fork over my hard earned $60 for a stupid plot twist (which isn't a plot twist at all - everyone would know it's coming!) like that?! Christ, I'd rather spend my money on something useful like buying gas for my car :mad:

Yeah, thanks, Obama :mad2: :p

pidipidi39
20th Jun 2014, 12:41
Oh my lord, a betrayal?!!! How freaking original :rolleyes: Do the devs think I'm gonna fork over my hard earned $60 for a stupid plot twist (haha that isn't a plot twist at all - everyone would know it's coming! lolololol) like that?! Christ, I'd rather spend my money on something useful like buying gas for my car :mad:
You just killed me :lol:

I hope that won't be the case :p
But not because it would be a ''cliché'' (btw, what's wrong with something being clichéd if it's done well?), but because they just did it TR9: it would be repetitive.

The one man says "Our enemy is here" I'm beginning to think Trinity isn't trying to kill Lara, because they've saved them a few times now, the helicopter who picked them up was from Trinity right? Why would they pick them up and attempt to save them if they didn't want them to leave the island with the knowledge of Himiko? Maybe Trinity is Crystals version of the Lux Veritatis and are battling against this other force (men in suits) that's trying to harvest Himiko's power but Trinity doesn't want the knowledge of this power to get out and is trying to stop them and helps Lara along the way because they want her to join them?
Trinity definitely isn't going to kill Lara. I think it has been clear since the beginning that they are against the solarii, and hence on the same side of Lara (even if they don't know her, probably). They're probably going to get introduced in the second arc of the comics but I hope they will be explained also in the beginning of ROTTR, because otherwise the casual gamer would be confused :hmm:

d1n0_xD
20th Jun 2014, 14:10
I hope that won't be the case :p
But not because it would be a ''cliché'' (btw, what's wrong with something being clichéd if it's done well?), but because they just did it TR9: it would be repetitive.

There's nothing wrong with a cliché story, but some fans don't like clichés, I noticed :p

But I agree, I would too rather go with a different story, as well :D

a_big_house
26th Jun 2014, 09:43
Not really plot speculation, but it looks like Jason Graves will be composing the soundtrack for Rise :D

IvanaKC
26th Jun 2014, 11:44
[COLOR="Red"]Yeah, thanks, Obama :mad2: :p

:lol:
It's off topic, but I have to post this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkQxHlr2fXM

There's nothing wrong with a cliché story, but some fans don't like clichés, I noticed :p

But I agree, I would too rather go with a different story, as well :D

You mean, most fans. :p

We have enough cliches in this world for me to think there is no need for another one called "Rise of the Tomb Raider".