PDA

View Full Version : Which platform would you buy ROTTR for?

daventry
11th Jun 2014, 07:30
Im a PC Man at Heart :D

Thanks for the Help Driber :D

Dragu Slave
11th Jun 2014, 08:19
PC only??? Oh no you didn't.

It should be PS4/XBONE and PC.

No to PS3/X360!!!!!!!

BridgetFisher
11th Jun 2014, 08:20
I thought the TR game would be on consoles since those would be the people who buy more games than PC users in general? Is the tomb raider game not coming to consoles? thats an odd choice I cant imagine it will make much money on PC. Hmmm I dont think I would buy it since she doesnt use guns, I mean its 2014 and shes running around with a bow, she might as well start using a musket or something while shes at it or go full caveman without the pickaxe and just carry around a wooden club. The theme seems a bit weird to me to buy, but maybe thats just me because I'm a PC gamer.

d1n0_xD
11th Jun 2014, 08:23
I thought the TR game would be on consoles since those would be the people who buy more games than PC users in general? Is the tomb raider game not coming to consoles? thats an odd choice I cant imagine it will make much money on PC. Hmmm I dont think I would buy it since she doesnt use guns, I mean its 2014 and shes running around with a bow, she might as well start using a musket or something while shes at it or go full caveman without the pickaxe and just carry around a wooden club. The theme seems a bit weird to me to buy, but maybe thats just me because I'm a PC gamer.

Just because in the cinematic trailer she uses a bow for stealth, doesn't mean there will be no guns, you had guns in the previous game, didn't you?

Im a PC Man at Heart, should the Game be Delayed to wait upon the Consoles aswell.

PS4 and Xbox One are next-gen also, put them in there... PC has no gen when you think about it.

daventry
11th Jun 2014, 08:38
It seems once i make a Poll, i cant Edit it, must i make a New Thread

daventry
11th Jun 2014, 08:42
Im a PC Man at Heart :wave:

Driber
11th Jun 2014, 08:53
Wouldn't it be better to let people freely choose which platform they would prefer TR10 on?

Like, a full list of platforms, and making the poll multiple choice.

I can edit it for you if you'd like :)

daventry
11th Jun 2014, 09:25
Please and thank you, otherwise i would go Thread 3 :lol:

Driber
11th Jun 2014, 09:37
Alright, how's this for poll options?

- PS4
- XB1
- PC
- WiiU
- MAC
- PS3

daventry
11th Jun 2014, 09:40
Yes, thats perfect

Tallantis
11th Jun 2014, 09:48
It would be better for the sales but it need to be a next gen title. As long as the quality of the graphics are not affected I don't care about a last gen release.

Driber
11th Jun 2014, 09:54
done, and merged the threads. You edit your OP now :)

a_big_house
11th Jun 2014, 09:58
Voted for Xbone, PS4, 360 and PS3. Deal with it :cool:

Driber
11th Jun 2014, 10:00
Hmm, just thinking, maybe change the poll to ask which platform people would BUY the game for?

That may give a better indication of the actual demand.

What do you think, daventry?

Tallantis
11th Jun 2014, 10:02
I think it's fine cause it's a bit unsure that the last gen will get hands on.

Driber
11th Jun 2014, 10:09
I think it's fine cause it's a bit unsure that the last gen will get hands on.

But that would be the point of the poll, right? To show CD whether there's a demand for a last gen release.

d1n0_xD
11th Jun 2014, 10:37
Yeah, that's why I vote PC, because I'm getting in on PC... But maybe this is a poll whether or not to have it on 360 and PS3, I don't know XD

daventry
11th Jun 2014, 10:37
Hmm, just thinking, maybe change the poll to ask which platform people would BUY the game for?

That may give a better indication of the actual demand.

What do you think, daventry?Agreed, please and thank you :)

Driber
11th Jun 2014, 10:53
Okay, updated and poll reset :)

Tecstar70
11th Jun 2014, 11:11
I will have an XB1 by then...

BridgetFisher
11th Jun 2014, 11:16
What about none?

mark_79
11th Jun 2014, 11:22
PC version will be the best, obviously.

chriss_99
11th Jun 2014, 11:39
If it came out on 360, that would be my choice. However, the new game is likely to be released on the next gen platforms exclusively.
Xbox One doesn't appeal to me, so I'm thinking of buying PS4. I still have lots of time to make up my mind.

Tecstar70
11th Jun 2014, 12:00
If it came out on 360, that would be my choice. However, the new game is likely to be released on the next gen platforms exclusively.
Xbox One doesn't appeal to me, so I'm thinking of buying PS4. I still have lots of time to make up my mind.

This isn't certain. I reckon there's a good chance you will see it on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

a_big_house
11th Jun 2014, 12:04
*sigh*
Okay, I voted for PS4 and 360

Tecstar70
11th Jun 2014, 12:08
*sigh*
Okay, I voted for PS4 and 360

Why the sigh?

chriss_99
11th Jun 2014, 12:13
This isn't certain. I reckon there's a good chance you will see it on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Underworld came out on both last gen and next gen systems. The last gen version was a failure in comparison to 360 and PS3 version.
It's almost as if they were making two separate games. I want to play a well-polished game so I may not have a choice but to buy a next gen system.

a_big_house
11th Jun 2014, 12:13
Why the sigh?

Cause I'd already voted in the thread before :lol:

Dragu Slave
11th Jun 2014, 13:33
PS4. I don't mind it being multi-platform but not cross-gen.

Bring it on PS4, XBONE and PC. No old-gen please.

pirate1802
11th Jun 2014, 16:53
Pee Sea

Lycantendencies
11th Jun 2014, 17:02
Can't vote on the poll, but it will be PS4.
Assuming the game takes full advantage of new gen tech I couldn't see 360/PS3 versions being able to keep up, but if the game is able to translate well enough into that gen, I might buy them down the the line too.

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
11th Jun 2014, 18:02
PC, and it would be great if the task of polishing the PC version was given to Nixxes again. They're a bunch of extremely talented guys, TR2013 PC was stellar. No complaints.

Lalight
11th Jun 2014, 19:12
I voted for PS4 (enough time to save for one, especially since they are releasing the white version on September, hehe) :) and PS3 ( if they have it for this gen).

Valenka
11th Jun 2014, 19:28
Underworld came out on both last gen and next gen systems. The last gen version was a failure in comparison to 360 and PS3 version. It's almost as if they were making two separate games. I want to play a well-polished game so I may not have a choice but to buy a next gen system.

Um...wouldn't it make more sense to compare Tomb Raider and the Definitive Edition opposed to Underworld's PS2/Xbox/360/PS3 versions? In which case, TR looked great on both the Xbox 360/PS3 and the Xbox One and PS4.

CakeLuv
11th Jun 2014, 19:31

Sure, because based on the Turning Point trailer we saw how Lara never killed a man or used guns in the whole game, right?

AdobeArtist
11th Jun 2014, 20:06
It'll be PS4 for moi.

chriss_99
11th Jun 2014, 20:40
Um...wouldn't it make more sense to compare Tomb Raider and the Definitive Edition opposed to Underworld's PS2/Xbox/360/PS3 versions? In which case, TR looked great on both the Xbox 360/PS3 and the Xbox One and PS4.

You see, Underworld was originally developed on next-gen platforms and a completely different studio developed the last gen version. I somehow think it might be a completely different story when you upgrade the game for the next gen system, which is why your comparison to definitive edition may be irrelevant.
Let me put it this way, if Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris isn't released on 360 and PS3, we won't be playing ROTTR on last gen platforms.

Valenka
11th Jun 2014, 21:27
Xbox One or GTFO. /troll

Buy the game on your favourite platform that ROTTR will be available on. Shouldn't be any judgement there. :)

You see, Underworld was originally developed on next-gen platforms and a completely different studio developed the last gen version. I somehow think it might be a completely different story when you upgrade the game for the next gen system, which is why your comparison to definitive edition may be irrelevant.

Good point.

RybatGrimes
11th Jun 2014, 21:54
If I do have a next gen console by the time it comes out it'll be PS4 (which is very likely)

But if not and it actually comes out for last gen consoles then I'll be buying it for the 360.

:D

Lycantendencies
11th Jun 2014, 22:33
Let me put it this way, if Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris isn't released on 360 and PS3, we won't be playing ROTTR on last gen platforms.
Funnily, I just assumed Osiris would come to the 360 and PS3.
Speaking of which, would be great if GoL came to PS4/XboxOne too. Would be a great way to get back in practice.

Murphdawg1
11th Jun 2014, 22:37
PS4 for me. The Sony consoles always seem to do well in the polls.

Wh1t3Kn1te
11th Jun 2014, 23:31
i'll be getting it for the xbox one, and since it doesnt come out for another 16 months i have plenty of time to save up for one. :)

now temple of Osiris however, will not be getting that game.

Metalrocks
12th Jun 2014, 01:53
pc all the way. :D

NSW_pride
12th Jun 2014, 02:45
I voted for the next gen consoles & PC. I want to see this game reach its full potential, and I don't want last/current gen holding this game back.

And no I haven't made the jump to next gen yet, and I still don't know when I will.

Scion's_Eye
12th Jun 2014, 02:49
PS3/PS4 - depending if I end up getting a PS4.
But I still have shell shock of how terribad TR8 was on the PS3 so I may take the PC route once again.

chriss_99
12th Jun 2014, 09:32
Funnily, I just assumed Osiris would come to the 360 and PS3.
Speaking of which, would be great if GoL came to PS4/XboxOne too. Would be a great way to get back in practice.

On the official website there's no 360 or ps3 logo so I assume it's not coming out on last gen systems. Too bad :/

Tecstar70
12th Jun 2014, 10:46
On the official website there's no 360 or ps3 logo so I assume it's not coming out on last gen systems. Too bad :/

Too early to assume anything I think...

Wh1t3Kn1te
13th Jun 2014, 00:46
Osiris was confirmed to be next gen only

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/lara_croft_and_the_temple_of_osiris/b/playstation4/archive/2014/06/12/five-things-to-know-about-lara-croft-and-the-temple-of-osiris.aspx

CakeLuv
13th Jun 2014, 00:46
Osiris was confirmed to be current gen only

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/lara_croft_and_the_temple_of_osiris/b/playstation4/archive/2014/06/12/five-things-to-know-about-lara-croft-and-the-temple-of-osiris.aspx

But it looks soo last gen

Tihocan
13th Jun 2014, 07:54
... I dont think I would buy it since she doesnt use guns, I mean its 2014 and shes running around with a bow...

I don't even understand this. a. how do you know she isn't carrying a gun? and b. you're telling me you've never bought a game that doesn't have guns?

I played Tomb Raider on hard, using only the bow - it was the most fun I've had in a long time.

The theme seems a bit weird to me to buy, but maybe thats just me because I'm a PC gamer.

Was that a "PC master race" point, or "I don't play anything other than CoD / BF / RTS"? PC games have many more "weird" themes than console, simply due to higher saturation and diversity of games.

chriss_99
13th Jun 2014, 08:07
Too early to assume anything I think...

Osiris was confirmed to be next gen only

Heh ;)

So it seems I'll have to make up my mind soon about the next gen system :)

IvanaKC
13th Jun 2014, 12:20
PC.

Has it been confirmed that the game will come for X360 and PS3? :scratch:

MissBrandy
13th Jun 2014, 13:11
WiiU ?? Seriously? XDDD

I'll buy it for PC of course...

PD: Is there any change to came out for 360 and PS3 ? O.O ...I think if they're working with a new and good graphic engine, It will be strange if this happen ... :|

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
13th Jun 2014, 13:13
PC.

Last time I checked, no platforms were announced. I might be mistaken, of course.
Frankly, creating a cross-platform game would be a mistake, in my opinion. At this point, they shouldn't let the old consoles hold them back, remember, it's likely the game will launch in the same year as the new Uncharted, people will be more than likely to make graphical comparisons.
PC/PS4/XOne is the way to go.

By the way, the engine Crystal are using is the same one as before, only modified, correct?

Tecstar70
13th Jun 2014, 13:28
Heh ;)

So it seems I'll have to make up my mind soon about the next gen system :)

Yep! That answers that one, but still waiting to hear about ROTTR...

ElieHalo
13th Jun 2014, 14:13
httarchaeologyoftombraider.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-lara-croft-hoodie.jpg

I agree completely!!!!! ;)
I bet the PS4 vision will have better graphics just like TR Definitive Edition :/
WTFF!!!! the game it going to be realised on Xbox360 and on PS3 WHAT!?!? I thought Crystal said that the game is going to be ONLY for next-gen consoles 0.o

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Error96_
15th Jun 2014, 02:40
I would get on PS3/4 depending on how long from now it is released.

NoSubmission
15th Jun 2014, 10:22
PC all the way.
I still got few copies left to give out in my Steam inventory.
Also can't wait till they announce the collectors edition.

Weemanply109
15th Jun 2014, 10:38
PC always, but I plan to get a PS4 next year so maybe I'll buy it for both? (and a PS3 :lol: I've been saying that for years, tho :p).

I wonder if Nixxes will handle the PC port again, tho. They done excellent on TR aside from the messy optimization for Nvidia (which didn't affect me :whistle: AMD prices > ). Hopefully TressFX is a bit more optimized for PC next time around too. I don't want to bury my system on release date on Rise Of The Tomb Raider. :lol:

but maybe thats just me because I'm a PC gamer.

You're also an Nvidia gamer, right? :p I seen you on Steam forums trolling about AMD on the Watch_Dogs forums. :gamer:

d1n0_xD
15th Jun 2014, 10:46
I am an Nvidia gamer too, although a pretty bad one at this point :P Have a 8600 GT, used to have a GTX 295 xD Don't know when I'll buy a new one, and I wouldn't even know where to start :p

Also, nice sig Weemanply, did you make it yourself? :D

Weemanply109
15th Jun 2014, 10:57
I am an Nvidia gamer too, although a pretty bad one at this point :P Have a 8600 GT, used to have a GTX 295 xD Don't know when I'll buy a new one, and I wouldn't even know where to start :p

Also, nice sig Weemanply, did you make it yourself? :D

Wait? Why did you downgrade? :o Did your card die? The same happened to me once. I couldn't afford a better one so I settled with an 8400gs (seriously). :lol:

I've always been with Nvidia till recently (I got my new PC build in early March to play TR to mark it's anniversary, decided to go with AMD R9 280x Toxic 3Gb - feels good maxing everything out :D).

Thank you! :) Yes, I made my signature ages ago, though. I don't think I even remember how I did it. My photoshop skills are very novice and I tend to forget how to use it after I haven't used it in a while. :p

d1n0_xD
15th Jun 2014, 11:04
Wait? Why did you downgrade? :o Did your card die? The same happened to me once. I couldn't afford a better one so I settled with an 8400gs (seriously). :lol:

I've always been with Nvidia till recently (I got my new PC build in early March to play TR to mark it's anniversary, decided to go with AMD R9 280x Toxic 3Gb - feels good maxing everything out :D).

Thank you! :) Yes, I made my signature ages ago, though. I don't think I even remember how I did it. My photoshop skills are very novice and I tend to forget how to use it after I haven't used it in a while. :p

Yeah, my card died :( You should've seen the joy I felt when I was playing Borderlands 2 with Maya with PhysX on, it was so awesome, and that much more immersive :eek: So my friend just gave me his 8600 for $20 xD I was happy I could play Tomb Raider and other stuff, but the time is coming where I shall need a new one xD Hope I can max everything out too one day ^_^

Well, it's a very good sig for a novice, I'm a novice myself, and I basically used tutorials and a lot of practice for mine XD But I haven't used PS in more than 2 years, I forgot the little I knew :p

Driber
15th Jun 2014, 11:37
PC.

Not yet, but it might.

Frankly, creating a cross-platform game would be a mistake, in my opinion. At this point, they shouldn't let the old consoles hold them back

Cross-platform doesn't have to hold anything back. That's just a wild assumption some people make about TR10, based on the opinion of a few game devs who are completely unrelated to the team at Crystal.

By the way, the engine Crystal are using is the same one as before, only modified, correct?

No, that was the deal last time with TR9. TR10 will no longer use the Crystal engine.

d1n0_xD
15th Jun 2014, 11:43
^ A new engine? Damn, I want to see some gameplay footage :D

NoSubmission
15th Jun 2014, 11:44
No, that was the deal last time with TR9. TR10 will no longer use the Crystal engine.

Sounds interesting do you have a source? I can't seem to find anything about it.

It would be a waste to change engines now, would it not?

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
15th Jun 2014, 14:01
Cross-platform doesn't have to hold anything back. That's just a wild assumption some people make about TR10, based on the opinion of a few game devs who are completely unrelated to the team at Crystal.

But think about it: x360/ps3 don't have much RAM, for example. That means the number of objects in a scene needs to be smaller, the texture resolution can't be too high and so on. That means concessions have to be made and the power of new machines isn't being utilised.

Ah, VERY interesting, thanks. :wave:
Crystal used the term "Foundation engine":
http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/09/ride-of-the-tomb-raider-e3-2014-reveal/
I was wondering if they meant a brand new one or a further upgraded version of the one used in Legend-Anniversary-Underworld-TR2013.

Weemanply109
15th Jun 2014, 14:03

Not that I doubt you, driber, but for the sake of backing myself up in future conversations on other forums, etc, is there a source for this?

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
15th Jun 2014, 14:15
Not that I doubt you, driber, but for the sake of backing myself up in future conversations on other forums, etc, is there a source for this?

No need for a source, DRIBER NEVER LIES.
I think.;):D

Weemanply109
15th Jun 2014, 14:17
No need for a source, DRIBER NEVER LIES.
I think.;):D

He's really just trolling us. King Driber the TROLL of Eidos Forums. :worship:

kidding ;)

Driber
15th Jun 2014, 15:23
lol

It's true that I do troll sometimes. Though in a benevolent way, of course; not the "bad" kind of trolling :)

But no, I'm not lying about the engine. Post #66 has a source link ;)

But think about it: x360/ps3 don't have much RAM, for example. That means the number of objects in a scene needs to be smaller, the texture resolution can't be too high and so on. That means concessions have to be made and the power of new machines isn't being utilised.

No, you're still thinking about it the wrong way, heh. I already explained it in the other thread, but here's another example: the PS3 version of Legend also had less objects rendered in some scenes than the 360 version because of the differences in hardware.

So you see, you still get the machines who are capable of doing more, utilizing more. There need not be any "compromise" by merely supporting older hardware :)

If you design primarily for said older hardware, then that's of course a different beast, yes. But that's not what is happening here ;)

Chocolate_shake
16th Jun 2014, 04:02
With the change in the engine , will the core jumping and shooting mechanics from the last game be affected/modified ?

Metalrocks
16th Jun 2014, 06:13
new engine.
nice, lets hope its HW friendly. otherwise i have to get a new one that it can keep up with it. if im lucky then only a new graphic card.

Tihocan
16th Jun 2014, 06:19
Multiple locations around the world will be filled with exploration spaces that are some of the most beautifully hostile places on earth and over three times larger than we could achieve before.

I going to assume this is a "no" for any previous gen systems.

Metalrocks
16th Jun 2014, 07:49

sounds like it. but this means more exploration and hopefully multiple ways to reach your goal without killing everyone.

d1n0_xD
16th Jun 2014, 08:49
^ Now, that is what I would like to see, at least 3 ways to do something: shoot everything, be stealthy (either by killing them stealthily or sneaking past them), or find a secret path that completely avoids enemy encounters.

Tihocan
16th Jun 2014, 09:37
Reward the explorer - as long as it's not too easy.

Metalrocks
16th Jun 2014, 09:39
^ Now, that is what I would like to see, at least 3 ways to do something: shoot everything, be stealthy (either by killing them stealthily or sneaking past them), or find a secret path that completely avoids enemy encounters.

and you get rewarded for it. just like in blacklist, if you found a more stealthier way, you got additional points that gave you more money.
but in TR i would prefer that you get to unlock a costume or other features to unlock.

d1n0_xD
16th Jun 2014, 09:49
but in TR i would prefer that you get to unlock a costume or other features to unlock.

Aw, man, that needs to happen, and there's your replay value, plain and simple :D

Metalrocks
16th Jun 2014, 09:56
Aw, man, that needs to happen, and there's your replay value, plain and simple :D

exactly. these were the reason why i played legend and underworld so many times.
especially finding the gold artifact surely was challenging. i like to see this returning.

Tecstar70
16th Jun 2014, 12:48
If you design primarily for said older hardware, then that's of course a different beast, yes. But that's not what is happening here ;)

Based on what Driber said, you may be mistaken in this assumption...

Tecstar70
16th Jun 2014, 14:08
UPDATE: Amazon lists Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS3, Xbox 360

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-16-amazon-lists-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-for-ps3-xbox-360

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KJGYGZU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B00KJGYGZU&linkCode=as2&tag=prog-21

d1n0_xD
16th Jun 2014, 15:06
There, it's settled... :p

Driber
16th Jun 2014, 15:10
You think evidence will stop speculation? :D

Tecstar70
16th Jun 2014, 15:14
There, it's settled... :p

Well....not necessarily. Amazon may just be chancing their arm to pull pre-orders...

d1n0_xD
16th Jun 2014, 15:28
^ Why would they do that? People can easily cancel their pre-orders if it turns out to be false...

Weemanply109
16th Jun 2014, 15:36
Since when has Amazon ever been a reliable source for anything? They've pulled rubbish like this before. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong. Definitely not valuable information.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/ATRL_Smilies_All/random/mskt8j_zpsfb323382.gif

Tecstar70
16th Jun 2014, 15:39
^ Why would they do that? People can easily cancel their pre-orders if it turns out to be false...

That's the point. If Amazon get 50,000 pre-orders and it does come out - bazinga! If it doesn't come out they haven't lost anything.

d1n0_xD
16th Jun 2014, 15:41
^ Oh. I thought you have to pay in advance for pre-orders :p

Weemanply109
16th Jun 2014, 15:43
That's the point. If Amazon get 50,000 pre-orders and it does come out - bazinga! If it doesn't come out they haven't lost anything.

Yep. It just seems like them getting hopeful. Especially since Amazon don't charge for pre-orders till they've actually been shipped out to you. They don't really lose.

Marilena
17th Jun 2014, 13:55
i bought a pc last year and tomb raider works great apart tress fx.. i suppose new tomb raider should work too!!!! Right???

Metalrocks
17th Jun 2014, 14:44
i bought a pc last year and tomb raider works great apart tress fx.. i suppose new tomb raider should work too!!!! Right???

so your pc is 1 year old and cant handle tress fx? my pc is older than yours and i can run it at max settings with tress fx on on.
did you build in the parts your self or one of the finished ones?

DamianGraham
17th Jun 2014, 16:00
Definitely PS4. I have a PS3 still but obviously the choice would be PS4 considering how much better it is. I'm shocked at how gorgeous the games are so early during the console's life. Do y'all remember when PS3 first came out and we were blown away by games like Heavenly Sword/Uncharted, and as time went on the graphics of games only got better and better. If they look this good now, imagine what they'll look like a few years into the console's life-span! :O

Murphdawg1
17th Jun 2014, 22:16
Definitely PS4. I have a PS3 still but obviously the choice would be PS4 considering how much better it is. I'm shocked at how gorgeous the games are so early during the console's life. Do y'all remember when PS3 first came out and we were blown away by games like Heavenly Sword/Uncharted, and as time went on the graphics of games only got better and better. If they look this good now, imagine what they'll look like a few years into the console's life-span! :O

This generation of consoles is very different than any previous gen. These consoles are much more like PCs so the hardware is already very familiar to developers so there is no funky architecture to learn like there was in the 7th gen especially with the PS3's cell processor.

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
18th Jun 2014, 15:51
This generation of consoles is very different than any previous gen. These consoles are much more like PCs so the hardware is already very familiar to developers so there is no funky architecture to learn like there was in the 7th gen especially with the PS3's cell processor.

It's also worth pointing out that at this very moment, we have games which look like this:
http://assets.vg247.com/current//2013/02/Crysis-3-1.jpg
The lighting will improve, so will the particle effects or the sheer number of objects on the screen. There will be a jump in quality, no question, but not as huge as the one we experienced during the PSX-PS2 transition (or PS2-PS3/X360).
Not to mention creating rich visuals rivaling CGI is prohibitively expensive, how many AAA developers went bankrupt last generation? Way too many.

Driber
18th Jun 2014, 16:52
man, xbone is getting hammered in the poll :whistle:

MissBrandy
18th Jun 2014, 18:08

hmmm .. XD ... we all know that buying for PC (Windows) or Xbox we still buy for Microsoft benefit :lol:

PS: oh ..yes .. I know, PStation will kick an Xbox ass for ever :p

I'll buy for PC, but if I need to chose for a console I'll pick PS4

Metalrocks
19th Jun 2014, 01:32

same here. already the controller are better than the xbone one. never really liked the feel of it when i played at a friends place.

lol, i still remember when the very first xbox came out, and people complained about the controller being too huge. tried it at a gameshop and boy, it was horrific. even my friend who has huge hands had some issues.

Murphdawg1
19th Jun 2014, 02:24

Kinda sad when the PS3 is beating the Xbone and we don't even know if ROTR will be on the PS3.

a_big_house
19th Jun 2014, 12:27
Xbone getting hammered? Did you miss Mac? :lol:

IvanaKC
19th Jun 2014, 16:22
hmmm .. XD ... we all know that buying for PC (Windows) or Xbox we still buy for Microsoft benefit :lol:

Hey, don't touch Microsoft! They still have the best OS ever and it's called Windows XP. Right, Driber? :D

Anvie
19th Jun 2014, 16:54
Although I'd like to have the new TR on PS3 because I can't afford a new console, it's important for CD not to develop this new game on the PS3/X360. We've seen numerous times studios failing in offering great titles on the 2 generations of consoles. So, it's important that CD develop the "Rise of Tomb Raider" exclusively on PS4/XB1. For the PC, I think that 80% of the copies would be hacked, so it's not that good to develop on PC :)

d1n0_xD
19th Jun 2014, 17:10
^ Please don't bash PC like that, consoles can be hacked too... I've seen numerous times where people could've pirated a game, but instead they bought the game... Or they pirated the game to try it, then bought an original copy to support the developers :) It is true that there are hackers a many, but to say they shouldn't develop on PC is harsh. And CD could easily manage to satisfy the last-gen too, we're just have to see what the game looks like and what are the improvements since the DE. If RotTR will indeed not look as good and not have as many features on last-gen as it would on current-gen, CD can make a statement like "Hey, we want to satisfy our last-gen fanbase too, but we'll have to warn you that it will not be the same game graphically etc." so people are clear on that so they could decide whether they want to buy it on 360/PS3 or invest in XB1/PS4. But please don't try to preach that the franchise should be platform-exclusive, especially console-exclusive. Your argument just doesn't make sense.

IvanaKC
19th Jun 2014, 17:11
Although I'd like to have the new TR on PS3 because I can't afford a new console, it's important for CD not to develop this new game on the PS3/X360. We've seen numerous times studios failing in offering great titles on the 2 generations of consoles. So, it's important that CD develop the "Rise of Tomb Raider" exclusively on PS4/XB1. For the PC, I think that 80% of the copies would be hacked, so it's not that good to develop on PC :)

What exactly do you mean by that? Do you realize that there is a great number of players who play on PC? And that PC is stronger than any console?

d1n0_xD
19th Jun 2014, 17:13
^ They think it's not wise to develop on PC, since apparently, all PC games are pirated :p

Murphdawg1
19th Jun 2014, 17:16
^ Please don't bash PC like that, consoles can be hacked too... I've seen numerous times where people could've pirated a game, but instead they bought the game... Or they pirated the game to try it, then bought an original copy to support the developers :) It is true that there are hackers a many, but to say they shouldn't develop on PC is harsh. And CD could easily manage to satisfy the last-gen too, we're just have to see what the game looks like and what are the improvements since the DE. If RotTR will indeed not look as good and not have as many features on last-gen as it would on current-gen, CD can make a statement like "Hey, we want to satisfy our last-gen fanbase too, but we'll have to warn you that it will not be the same game graphically etc." so people are clear on that so they could decide whether they want to buy it on 360/PS3 or invest in XB1/PS4. But please don't try to preach that the franchise should be platform-exclusive, especially console-exclusive. Your argument just doesn't make sense.

There should be some kind of rental service on PC where someone pays a small fee to try a game. The whole pirating and then buying is lame and I view those people the same as those who just straight up pirate. You couldn't do that kind of thing in a retail store.

Anvie
19th Jun 2014, 17:18
Sorry, I talk roughly but in my experience, I've never seen someone buy a PC game :^)

Murphdawg1
19th Jun 2014, 17:22

PS: oh ..yes .. I know, PStation will kick an Xbox ass for ever :p

Microsoft doesn't get anything on PC game sales unless it is a title developed by Microsoft.

Driber
19th Jun 2014, 17:55
Xbone getting hammered? Did you miss Mac? :lol:

I was talking about the current console war, heh.

Hey, don't touch Microsoft! They still have the best OS ever and it's called Windows XP. Right, Driber? :D

Hell yeah!

http://driber.net/os/maximum-brofist.jpg

The "cross gen release hurts the game" thing is a myth. Nothing more than some opinions of a few of the well known dev studios at this point. I can't believe so many people just keep on parroting this mantra without actually being devs themselves...

I said it before and I will say it again - just because Ubisoft can't pull it off successfully (or think they can't) doesn't mean CD can't pull it off successfully :cool:

As for the anti-PC argument... I have the same response to that as to those who want to exclude last gen owners - it's selfish :whistle:

(Please take no offence to any of the above, Anvie :) I'm not even addressing you, personally. It's just that this discussion has been going on for a while now.)

IvanaKC
19th Jun 2014, 18:21
Hell yeah!

http://driber.net/os/maximum-brofist.jpg

I am so going to see that picture in my head whenever I see anything XP related. Maximum brofist FTW! :D

Sorry, I talk roughly but in my experience, I've never seen someone buy a PC game :^)

Except me and my brother, then. My brother even bought me a collection of AC games for my birthday last year. ;)

-----------------

Now, let us not forget the DRM thing in ACII. I bought the game and I'm still pissed years later because people wouldn't shut up about games being pirated. As a buyer, I had to deal with that crap, not you, not pirates. :mad:

Besides, what is wrong with playing the game and then if you like it, you buy it? Especially if you can do it that way. How many times have we heard gamers complaining about spending their money on a game they didn't like that much?

Rai
19th Jun 2014, 18:57
Where's the 'I don't know yet' option :p? My laptop would probably explode trying to run RoTTR. The poor thing struggles with TR. My son has an Xbox360, so if the game is available on that, then it'll be that version I buy, but as we don't know if the game is coming last gen, then it's hard to say. However, should my finances improve significantly in the next year, I'd really like to jump in with a current gen console and experience RoTTR in all it's glory! Not sure which console I'd choose though.

d1n0_xD
19th Jun 2014, 19:32
^ Maybe the poll can help you which console to buy :p PS4 has 23 votes, while XB1 has 6 :p

Driber
19th Jun 2014, 20:12
Where's the 'I don't know yet' option :p? My laptop would probably explode trying to run RoTTR. The poor thing struggles with TR. My son has an Xbox360, so if the game is available on that, then it'll be that version I buy, but as we don't know if the game is coming last gen, then it's hard to say.

Then you should vote for 360. Note that the poll asks which platform WOULD you buy the game for (as in: what is your preference), not what platform WILL you buy the game for in the end. One of the purposes of the poll is to show demand :)

Rai
19th Jun 2014, 21:04
^ Maybe the poll can help you which console to buy :p PS4 has 23 votes, while XB1 has 6 :p

I guess it's easier than being blinded by science when asking in a store or looking up specifications and whatnot. :p

Then you should vote for 360. Note that the poll asks which platform WOULD you buy the game for (as in: what is your preference), not what platform WILL you buy the game for in the end. One of the purposes of the poll is to show demand :)

My bad, I misread the question. I guess I'll choose that option then.

AdobeArtist
19th Jun 2014, 23:15

That's because you aren't in peoples homes to witness them download a game from Steam or some other similar service. It's not like you'll "see" a PC box purchase at a retail outlet like Gamestop or Bestbuy ;)

I am so going to see that picture in my head whenever I see anything XP related. Maximum brofist FTW! :D

Windows 7 foreeeeeeeeever!!! :D:D

d1n0_xD
19th Jun 2014, 23:20

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo66/unoriginalerin/brofist.jpg

Tihocan
19th Jun 2014, 23:48
I'm not sure which way I'm going to go. The only games which have really excited me for the next gen are The Division and Tomb Raider. I love the Uncharted series, but is that enough to push me towards a PS4?

And what's on XBone that I can't get on the other? :-/

My brother in law - cheapest kid I know - buys them often. Sometimes even at full price. Sounds like you hang out with... what's the word?... unscrupulous people?

Valenka
20th Jun 2014, 00:03
It's not like you'll "see" a PC box purchase at a retail outlet like Gamestop or Bestbuy ;)

Ahem. *raises hand*

I usually get most of my PC games digitally, but I've purchased every Sims, Sims 2 and Sims 3 game in-store, box, disc and all. I'll be doing the same with The Sims 4 and when I get a new computer next month, I'll do the same with The Elder Scrolls Anthology and The Elder Scrolls Online. :p

Metalrocks
20th Jun 2014, 00:45
That's because you aren't in peoples homes to witness them download a game from Steam or some other similar service. It's not like you'll "see" a PC box purchase at a retail outlet like Gamestop or Bestbuy ;)

same here. i have purchased many games from steam and even origin, especially since they offer huge discounts that makes you save a lot of money than going to the store. hell, got my self even blood dragon from uplay.
but otherwise, i still buy retail games. the last one was the south park game.

so anvie, there are plenty of pc gamers who buy legally games. and dont sound like ubi soft who think that every pc gamer out there is a pirates. it didnt go well for them that they had to excuse them self the next day.

:D:thumb:
XP is good but win 7 is better.

NightRain'06
20th Jun 2014, 01:44
For me, it's easily Lara's "other humble abode" ~ the PlayStation. :D

To clarify, I'm not a Sony fanboy so let's not be childish and go there.

Personally, I just prefer Sony's consoles and was never a two-console gamer when the original Xbox was released.

In other words, both half-seriously and humorously, I'm being "faithful" to Lara by staying on PS.
Also, I don't want to eat her bullets ! :lol:

So, to reiterate, I will be purchasing it for the PS4.

PS ~ Relative side note ~ Heck, I've re-purchased Tomb Raider for that console as well.

Driber
20th Jun 2014, 09:59
*facepalm* at Win7 chest thumping :p

BlueSkiesXXV
20th Jun 2014, 10:26
As soon as this or U4 are released I will pick up a PS4.

Oh...& XP Pro all the way here. I had to make some changes when they dropped it, i.e browser & anti-virus. Now I should be able to run it for at least another 3-4 years :)

IvanaKC
20th Jun 2014, 10:43

:D:thumb:
XP is good but win 7 is better.

We can argue about that forever. XP is the most stable OS Windows has ever made. Win7 is better just because it supports new software, but with a little effort, you can get some of the programs working on XP. ;)

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo66/unoriginalerin/brofist.jpg

Pffff, lame imitation of Driber's and mine brofist. :p

MissBrandy
20th Jun 2014, 10:53
For the PC, I think that 80% of the copies would be hacked, so it's not that good to develop on PC :)

:eek::eek::eek: I think who are really a gamer won`t use pc with pirated games for two main reasons: 1. buying original ones we support PC platform as ''console'' (wich is growing day by day), ...2. In PC version we have tha same game released in PC 30€ less than released in PS4 for example. To give an example: GTA is coming to PS4/XBone and PC in few monts ... I have it at 33€ in Pre-order for PC right now while for PS4 it's 64€ :D
And if you wait one month or two after releasing date, you get it even cheaper ...as Watch dogs for example that I can buy it now for 25€ only few weeks after.:thumb:

Driber
20th Jun 2014, 10:56
Pffff, lame imitation of Driber's and mine brofist. :p

^ I actually thought at first he was being funny and wanted to show a fistbump fail, lol.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Steven-Tyler-Randy-Jackson-High-Five-Fistbump-Fail-American-Idol.gif

IvanaKC
20th Jun 2014, 11:19
^ I actually thought at first he was being funny and wanted to show a fistbump fail, lol.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Steven-Tyler-Randy-Jackson-High-Five-Fistbump-Fail-American-Idol.gif

That gif shows the fail of all fails - epic fail. :lol:

Well, I think they tried to brofist because they use the same OS. However, no one should brofist in that name except for us. :D

Metalrocks
21st Jun 2014, 01:09
lol, i had no issues what so ever with XP programs to run on win 7. but lets put it this way, both OS have its advantages.

Marilena
21st Jun 2014, 13:06
so your pc is 1 year old and cant handle tress fx? my pc is older than yours and i can run it at max settings with tress fx on on.
did you build in the parts your self or one of the finished ones?

Sorry i was wrong.. it's a laptop.. i could handle tress fx too but the game became a bit slow when i had to shoot.. :P

Metalrocks
21st Jun 2014, 15:42
Sorry i was wrong.. it's a laptop.. i could handle tress fx too but the game became a bit slow when i had to shoot.. :P

yeah, laptop arent really good for games. you are better off with a desktop. they can handle much more also easier to install new HW if necessary.

Takeo91
21st Jun 2014, 21:10
I'll play it on my PC. I hope CD bringt out the Definitive Edition for the current TR as well as the new one for PC.

PS: Laptops may be a big thing in near future. Look at the Prototype external graphics card by Gigabyte.

Marilena
22nd Jun 2014, 19:03
i just wish that the new tomb rider will work fine :(

Andy64
27th Jun 2014, 12:39
Probably PS4. I want to get one but havn't get seen the game to tempt me to buy it. Probably ROTTR would be it.

ARaider
16th Jul 2014, 19:40
I hope it's comming for the ps3 because I don't have a ps4.:(
My laptop isn't that fast either, so let's hope!:)

Driber
16th Jul 2014, 21:44
I hope it's comming for the ps3 because I don't have a ps4.:(
My laptop isn't that fast either, so let's hope!:)

If this poll is any indication, it would be crazy for the devs not to release it on PS3. It's even more popular than XB1 :nut:

ARaider
18th Jul 2014, 01:08
If this poll is any indication, it would be crazy for the devs not to release it on PS3. It's even more popular than XB1 :nut:

haha yeah, but it's kinda weird that's its more popular on ps3 than on XB1;):scratch:
But they also said it was only for ps4, Pc and XB1, but maybe they reveal later that it's also for ps3 xbox360.:D And if they don't... well that's a shame and they also get less money because a lot of people have a ps3.:)

RougeisSerina
18th Jul 2014, 04:15
Why, though? pc is SO much better. :D

Driber
18th Jul 2014, 08:06
haha yeah, but it's kinda weird that's its more popular on ps3 than on XB1;):scratch:

It's not really weird when you think about the fact that the xb1 launch has been a disaster, lol. Also, TR has always had its biggest fanbase on PlayStation.

But they also said it was only for ps4, Pc and XB1

You've read wrong information. There has been no official statement what the release platforms will be. Not even PC has been confirmed yet and still lies in the realms of speculation.

And if they don't... well that's a shame and they also get less money because a lot of people have a ps3.:)

You're right about that.

RougeisSerina
18th Jul 2014, 08:09
Actually, you make a good point. I completely forgot about that. Playstation is the offical home for TR :D

TheZooBoy
18th Jul 2014, 10:14
It's not really weird when you think about the fact that the xb1 launch has been a disaster, lol. Also, TR has always had its biggest fanbase on PlayStation.

Man Driber, you do NOT like the Xbox One. :lol:

RougeisSerina
18th Jul 2014, 10:21

Who does? Number one reason: you can't play online for free. And many other reasons too :D

Driber
18th Jul 2014, 10:35

lol I'm just stating facts, man.

Don't tell me you think the xb1 launch went all smooth? :D

Metalrocks
18th Jul 2014, 13:33
especially since microsoft shot them self in the foot with their announcement and sony really made jokes out of microsoft with sharing games :lol:
plus, not releasing it at the same time around the world as sony did. its obvious that micro tries everything to get sales up.

ARaider
18th Jul 2014, 17:59

You've read wrong information. There has been no official statement what the release platforms will be. Not even PC has been confirmed yet and still lies in the realms of speculation.

You're right about that.

I thought more people would choose for XB1 because of the better graphics. But I don't mind, I never liked the xbox360/one.:p
Im a Sony fangirl:D
ow lol I have read somewhere that they announced it for ps4, pc and XB1 guess it's wrong then... :)

Rai
18th Jul 2014, 18:34
As far as I can remember the blerb when they announced they were making the game said it was 'next gen'. I don't think it's been officially announced what platforms it'll be released on.

ARaider
18th Jul 2014, 19:26
As far as I can remember the blerb when they announced they were making the game said it was 'next gen'. I don't think it's been officially announced what platforms it'll be released on.

I did some research and it's indeed not officially announced.:)
And then that next gen thing, they said this: “With the power of the new generation, and our proprietary Foundation engine, our high octant moments will be even more epic,”
maybe they just meant that it's going to look good on next gen?
I just hope so.... I would die if it's not coming to ps3:(

TheZooBoy
18th Jul 2014, 21:13
lol I'm just stating facts, man.

Don't tell me you think the xb1 launch went all smooth? :D

Oh no, far from it. I just find it funny how much you hate on it :lol:.

And although I am a fan of Xbox over PlayStation, I am a lover of all consoles. I have owned every console since Atari besides the Dreamcast and the Game Cube. :D

And for this gen: own a WiiU, getting an Xbox One this year, and a PS4 the year after that. :D

ARaider
18th Jul 2014, 21:49

And although I am a fan of Xbox over PlayStation, I am a lover of all consoles. I have owned every console since Atari besides the Dreamcast and the Game Cube. :D

And for this gen: own a WiiU, getting an Xbox One this year, and a PS4 the year after that. :D

oh gosh... you're so lucky:thumb::)

d1n0_xD
18th Jul 2014, 22:05
Damn, and I don't even have money for a graphics card xD

Driber
18th Jul 2014, 22:19

Heh, I'm not a fanboy of any platform, so I'm not a hater of any other platform either. I just find it amusing when arrogance from a console maker is backfiring on them :D

TheZooBoy
19th Jul 2014, 12:50
Heh, I'm not a fanboy of any platform, so I'm not a hater of any other platform either. I just find it amusing when arrogance from a console maker is backfiring on them :D

Oh, so true. Microsoft majorly screwed up with this generation. They have been on track to fix it, no doubt, but for a lot of people, it's too little too late. And for some, it's just not enough. Me, since they fixed the always-online thing, I'm good. :D

WinterSoldierLTE
21st Jul 2014, 02:13
PS3. It's not dead just yet.

ActionHero
26th Jul 2014, 00:03
PS4. I just got it yesterday, and I've been playing Definitive Edition on it & I cannot WAIT for ROTTR on it too. It's so prettyyyyyyy..

_Love2Raid_
8th Aug 2014, 20:47
PS4, even though I don't have one... yet. :P