PDA

View Full Version : SURVIVOR - Fan-Made Banner

Valenka
10th Jun 2014, 16:07
Just wanted to share with everyone a banner I put together in celebration of the new game. It took me awhile to get an idea of what I wanted and even longer making it look as good as it did in my head, even though it's simple as heck. Either way, I hope you guys like it. :)

jpwrpn_Untitled-2.jpg
jjhncg_Untitled-4.jpg
jdkkys_Untitled-6.jpg
jtncdv_Untitled-1.jpg
jrwmft_Untitled-2.jpg
jixtnp_Untitled-3.jpg
jeqkly_Untitled-4.jpg
jicjyk_Untitled-5.jpg
jtwqqu_Untitled-7.jpg

I'm making a few more to update the thread with and I'll post them as soon as I'm done.

XylophoneDealers
10th Jun 2014, 22:07
Top one is stunning. Awesome job. :D kudos to you

Relight-TRHQ
10th Jun 2014, 22:16
Nice job! Love the top two.

There is a line or two of white along the right sides?

Valenka
10th Jun 2014, 22:38
Updated the OP with a few more.

Thanks, you guys! :)

There is a line or two of white along the right sides?

I'm not sure what you mean. White lines like a border? I didn't add anything like that to the work.

Relight-TRHQ
10th Jun 2014, 23:09
If you temporarily switch your forum theme to a dark theme (I use "Tomb Raider Dark"), you'll immediately see what I mean.

Valenka
11th Jun 2014, 16:29
If you temporarily switch your forum theme to a dark theme (I use "Tomb Raider Dark"), you'll immediately see what I mean.

Ah, I see it now. That was not intentional. Looks like I'll have to give that a fix. :p

BridgetFisher
11th Jun 2014, 16:35

uwaaaaaaaaaaaa its BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

this should be the default the light one was kinda blinding I gotta say. This is so awesome who ever made it is a sheenius, someone get this web dev a pulitizer :D

Lalight
11th Jun 2014, 16:46
WOW!!! They are amazing!!! I really like the first, fourth and last three. But all of them are beautiful :)

chriss_99
11th Jun 2014, 21:01
Beautiful piece of artwork :)

AdobeArtist
12th Jun 2014, 15:27
I actually made a banner as well :D

piwxpk_ROTR_forumbanner01.png

Valenka
12th Jun 2014, 16:22
I actually made a banner as well :D

That is beautifully done, Allen! Have you made any others? What font did you use? It looks familiar but I can't place a finger on it.

Update:

jtwqqu_Untitled-7.jpg

XylophoneDealers
12th Jun 2014, 17:05
That is beautifully done, Allen! Have you made any others? What font did you use? It looks familiar but I can't place a finger on it.

Yeah... I think it might be the font from Beyond: Two Souls. The word Beyond looks mega familiar XD :P

Valenka
13th Jun 2014, 14:59
Yeah... I think it might be the font from Beyond: Two Souls. The word Beyond looks mega familiar XD :P

Good eye! I think you're correct. I'm staring at my copy of Beyond right now and I definitely see some similarities.

AdobeArtist
13th Jun 2014, 16:27
Good eye! I think you're correct. I'm staring at my copy of Beyond right now and I definitely see some similarities.

The actual font name is Segoe Media Center. I have no idea if this is the same used in Beyond.

XylophoneDealers
13th Jun 2014, 17:18
Heh sorry I thought it looked like Beyond: Two Souls. Time to do some spelunking. XD :D

Driber
13th Jun 2014, 17:26
Awesome banners, guys :thumb:

xMissCroft
19th Jun 2014, 20:44
Wow, they're AMAZING! :thumb:

RybatGrimes
19th Jun 2014, 21:37
pnabdy_Forum-Banner.png

I made one! Got some inspiration from the Tomb Raider Light banner. :p That symbol and Logo was a ***** to center so I hope it looks okay. :p

d1n0_xD
19th Jun 2014, 21:43
^ Nice one, hope it makes it to the new skins :D

*winks at Driber*

Valenka
19th Jun 2014, 23:30
I made one! Got some inspiration from the Tomb Raider Light banner. :p That symbol and Logo was a ***** to center so I hope it looks okay. :p

That is phenomenal. I would love to see that banner as the official forums banner for the 'Light' theme. :thumb:

RybatGrimes
20th Jun 2014, 00:03
That is phenomenal. I would love to see that banner as the official forums banner for the 'Light' theme. :thumb:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/e5c5a966c9753b789b8dd28e22703d36/tumblr_inline_n7fxgyTrdy1qgigev.jpg

Really?! :D

I didn't think it was that good. :p

Valenka
20th Jun 2014, 00:06
Really?! :D

I didn't think it was that good. :p

Absolutely. I love it. I wish we could all contribute a banner and have it change every time we refresh the page or view a different part of the forum.

Driber
20th Jun 2014, 10:09
^ You can actually do that with a firefox plugin called GreaseMonkey :)

pnabdy_Forum-Banner.png

Nice one :thumb:

What was the difficulty centering it, if I may ask? Just curious :)

Valenka
20th Jun 2014, 12:06
^ You can actually do that with a firefox plugin called GreaseMonkey :)

No kidding? Hmm...I might have to go back to using two browsers. I'm currently on Chrome.

RybatGrimes
20th Jun 2014, 20:59
Nice one :thumb:

What was the difficulty centering it, if I may ask? Just curious :)

It was because the text in the TR logo is justified instead of centered, since Rise had 4 letter and The has 3 you just can't put of in the middle, so it's justified so the edges will line up but it's not symmetrical. That makes it difficult to center something behind it because it's going to look really weird and off center unless it's just right. :p So I'm glad it turned out okay and you guys like it. :D

Driber
21st Jun 2014, 12:20
Banners I did for the forum skins:

jnjuxa_tr10_banner_light.jpg

jgjxif_tr10_banner_dark.jpg

It was because the text in the TR logo is justified instead of centered, since Rise had 4 letter and The has 3 you just can't put of in the middle, so it's justified so the edges will line up but it's not symmetrical. That makes it difficult to center something behind it because it's going to look really weird and off center unless it's just right. :p So I'm glad it turned out okay and you guys like it. :D

Ah right, I see what you mean :)

d1n0_xD
21st Jun 2014, 16:14
^ All hail Driber, the Bannermeister :worship:

Valenka
21st Jun 2014, 18:47
Absolutely wonderful, Dribs!

Driber
22nd Jun 2014, 20:27
Thanks, guys :)

@Dino: Heh, better than banmeister, I suppose :D