PDA

View Full Version : Nooooooooo!

Tecstar70
9th Jun 2014, 23:21
Just noticed water drops on the "camera lens" on the E3 trailer!!!

Please CD don't do this again, or at least give the option to turn it off. It breaks the immersion of the game.

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 23:23
It's not a gameplay footage lmao, calm your bewbs.

Rai
9th Jun 2014, 23:24
I actually quite liked that effect. *runs*

Yeah, I'm all for options for fairness. :)

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 23:31
It's not a gameplay footage lmao, calm your bewbs.

You don't know that ;)

_Ninja_
9th Jun 2014, 23:32
You can turn it off on PC. :p

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 23:44
You don't know that ;)

Satan isn't happy with your actions.

Driber
10th Jun 2014, 00:11
Satan isn't happy with your actions.

That means I must be doing something right :p

DamianGraham
10th Jun 2014, 00:29
on topic, I think that if the game looked anything similar to this (which we saw for the DE), my eyeballs would melt from too much amazing HD beautiful Lara in them.

Metalrocks
10th Jun 2014, 04:14
on topic, I think that if the game looked anything similar to this (which we saw for the DE), my eyeballs would melt from too much amazing HD beautiful Lara in them.

i think it is obvious that it will get an graphical overhaul.

DamianGraham
10th Jun 2014, 04:18
i think it is obvious that it will get an graphical overhaul.

Haha my comment was more in line with Driber's him saying that the trailer could possibly be gameplay haha hence why I said if it looks remotely close to the trailer I'll be super pleased. Even if it doesnt.. I'll still be super pleased

Metalrocks
10th Jun 2014, 04:23
Haha my comment was more in line with Driber's him saying that the trailer could possibly be gameplay haha hence why I said if it looks remotely close to the trailer I'll be super pleased. Even if it doesnt.. I'll still be super pleased

oh, i see now. my bad.
yeah, i think this will not be the case either. otherwise 2013 version would have looked just like the turning point trailer.
never the less, the graphics are still very nice regardless. now lets see how the new TR will look like.

DamianGraham
10th Jun 2014, 04:25
oh, i see now. my bad.
yeah, i think this will not be the case either. otherwise 2013 version would have looked just like the turning point trailer.
never the less, the graphics are still very nice regardless. now lets see how the new TR will look like.

Exactly (also my apologies, I read my quote and don't know how you understood a word of what was said, I'm super tired now, been on an E3 binge since this morning haha time for bed!) but I'm expecting it to surpass the Definitive Edition's graphics considering that was a port/touch up, whereas this game is developed FOR next-gen. Graphics aren't everything, but at any rate I'm super excited to see what they'll do for Ms. Croft :)

Metalrocks
10th Jun 2014, 09:28
was pretty clear to me. maybe you are not so tired as you thought :)

Tecstar70
10th Jun 2014, 10:12

Yes it does look great and I hope it stays that way, but this breaking the 4th wall is not appealing to me. Are we there, being Lara and experiencing the game or are we watching an interactive movie?

To me it's like "ooh look what we did there, isn't it clever, the water splashed and your TV got wet too!" and is unnecessary. Put the resources into the rest of the game, not clever effects that while are well delivered are disposable.

Metalrocks
10th Jun 2014, 10:20
Yes it does look great and I hope it stays that way, but this breaking the 4th wall is not appealing to me. Are we there, being Lara and experiencing the game or are we watching an interactive movie?

To me it's like "ooh look what we did there, isn't it clever, the water splashed and your TV got wet too!" and is unnecessary. Put the resources into the rest of the game, not clever effects that while are well delivered are disposable.

but you cant deny that games do get better graphics, especially since companies are aiming for a more realistic look and pretty much most players want better graphics.
yes, unfortunately some games do focus more on graphics than gameplay, but at the same time, the story has to be explained in some way. now think about how the last TR would have been without any of the scenes. you would not care much for lara now, would you.

Tecstar70
10th Jun 2014, 10:27
but you cant deny that games do get better graphics, especially since companies are aiming for a more realistic look and pretty much most players want better graphics.
yes, unfortunately some games do focus more on graphics than gameplay, but at the same time, the story has to be explained in some way. now think about how the last TR would have been without any of the scenes. you would not care much for lara now, would you.

Sorry Rocks, I wasn't clear on that fact that I when I said "rest of the game" I included the graphics in that. I want to see the best graphics they can get but stuff like this is unnecessary IMO.

Metalrocks
10th Jun 2014, 10:30
Sorry Rocks, I wasn't clear on that fact that I when I said "rest of the game" I included the graphics in that. I want to see the best graphics they can get but stuff like this is unnecessary IMO.

i see now. i guess i partly misunderstood you as well. :rolleyes:

BridgetFisher
11th Jun 2014, 08:27
I hope there is an option to disable that shaky camera as if some heroin addict is holding the camera in cinematics and when playing the game. It literally made my nauseous and sick in the last TR game. Games like Kane and Lynch had an option to turn that off. I hope CD lets us turn off the shaky camera it just makes the production look cheap. Its not edgy the graphics and story are very powerful in TR games and well written that dont need a shaky camera to make them impress their points upon the player as they do with bad movies. Its kind of seen as the Michael Bay style of design for gaming.

Driber
11th Jun 2014, 09:34
^ I had no problems with the shaky cam. I think it worked pretty good in the setting of TR9, and did add to the feeling of immersion for me.

But yeah, an option to turn it off would be best, for those who don't like it. Especially those who even get sick from it.

Did you vote for it yet on the wishlist? :)

Psychomorph
11th Jun 2014, 20:34
If they introduce the shaky/twitchy cam when running again, then imma gonna boycott this one. I never came to replay TR2013 just because of the camera twitching.

This madness needs to end.