PDA

View Full Version : What to Expect in ROTTR

daventry
9th Jun 2014, 19:11
Come on Crystal, you still have a Year to make us Proud.

So far, you blew us away with the Trailer.

What i Loved the Most from what i saw is Lara going all Rambo with the Bow in the Cave, someone in Square is a Rambo Fan since in TR Lara used an Arrow to close her wound.

Now i Swear thats Croft Manor in Lara's Therapy Session witch i Seriously Hope we will get to see Lara's House and run around the Rooms and Train so we just Start the Game.

I Hope she wears a Backpack with a Braid and use Duel Pistols and i Hope she can Swim.

Now the BIGGEST Thing i Hope for is to turn OFF the Hints and White Ledges

I Also Hope theres No Over Used Swearing from the Characters, thus we can Switch them OFF.

I do Hope theres no more Sam, Hopefully No More Overbaring Emotional Lara aswell.

The Trailer i give a 10/10

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 19:26
I only expect an awesome story and a couple of additions to the already-awesome gameplay :3 Is Rhiana still the lead writer? :D

angebd0625
9th Jun 2014, 20:02
In the Rise of the Tomb Raider trailer, did it look like her hair had been cut in the back? I know this sounds so unimportant but I really hope they keep it long. What did anyone think?

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 20:03
BRAID

DrCroft
9th Jun 2014, 20:04
Now i Swear thats Croft Manor in Lara's Therapy Session witch i Seriously Hope we will get to see Lara's House and run around the Rooms and Train so we just Start the Game.

...now you've said it....I never thought that could be her house!!!

daventry
9th Jun 2014, 20:23
The Therapist even say "I'm concerned that you're still shutting yourself away... AT HOME"

Hence Croft Manor

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 20:30
In the Rise of the Tomb Raider trailer, did it look like her hair had been cut in the back? I know this sounds so unimportant but I really hope they keep it long. What did anyone think?

I don't think so, the hair is still there, you just can't see it, it's tied at the back, kind curves so that's an implication it's long hair ;)

pirate1802
9th Jun 2014, 21:25
The Therapist even say "I'm concerned that you're still shutting yourself away... AT HOME"

Hence Croft Manor

That doesnt prove that the building we saw was her home..

Thetford
9th Jun 2014, 21:37
The room seemed very office chic. It seemed too small to be a library (bookcase in the background) or a reception room (big sofa) in a manorhouse, and lacks a desk to be a study, unless it is Lara's flat, I'm guessing it is the shrink's office.

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 21:40
That doesnt prove that the building we saw was her home..

She's like batman tbh, like, she ain't going out for ppl to see, but like, she's having adventures and all

BUt wait, she answered in that tomb to the doc as if she was in two diff times at the same time, what if she's going moooore bananas and she's imagining all the crazy **** we saw?

blackseed32
9th Jun 2014, 21:45
Just saw the trailer and looks very promising! I've big hopes for this game!!!

DamianGraham
9th Jun 2014, 21:51
I only expect an awesome story and a couple of additions to the already-awesome gameplay :3 Is Rhiana still the lead writer? :D

Yes sir, I follow her on Twitter and she confirmed she was the writer today shortly after the trailer lol

Lalight
9th Jun 2014, 21:53
The trailer looks promising, all I hope for is a great story, tombs, and swimming!

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 22:09
Yes sir, I follow her on Twitter and she confirmed she was the writer today shortly after the trailer lol

Then I think we're all set :3 Not only is she a great writer, she's also free to build her own arc... She's the one who "wrote" this Lara, so she should be the on who continues to "write" her :)

DamianGraham
10th Jun 2014, 03:14
Come on Crystal, you still have a Year to make us Proud.

So far, you blew us away with the Trailer.

What i Loved the Most from what i saw is Lara going all Rambo with the Bow in the Cave, someone in Square is a Rambo Fan since in TR Lara used an Arrow to close her wound.

I Hope she wears a Backpack with a Braid and use Duel Pistols and i Hope she can Swim.

Now the BIGGEST Thing i Hope for is to turn OFF the Hints and White Ledges

I Also Hope theres No Over Used Swearing from the Characters, thus we can Switch them OFF.

I do Hope theres no more Sam, Hopefully No More Overbaring Emotional Lara aswell.

The Trailer i give a 10/10

All good points :) as far as the overbearing emotional Lara, this trailer gave me a sense of disconnect for her. She looked cold and merciless when she shot the arrow at random merc no. 23904 lol. The swearing I feel only adds to the experience. I have said this before and in no way do I mean to offend, but if you found yourself in a similar situation I'm sure you'd swear as well :p it adds to the character emotion/realism in my opinion. White ledges are a big no-no and I hope they turn them off too. They were far too obvious in the last game. Underworld did a great job at hiding them, let's go back to that. Croft manor I think is unanimous (cough cough... CD... cough) I too hope we can walk around and explore it, maybe we can get backstory on her parents there as well (but keep them out of the full game?) My biggest fear is the DLC. I know every single game does it and IMO it's the worst thing, because I haven't the money to buy all these extra things that often should just be included in-game. So for me, I hope the costumes and weapons etc remain unlockable in the game. Bring back the fun in completing side quests. I also want a cinematic viewer like Legend had. The braid and her hair down would make EXCELLENT costume ideas. Not all of the costumes have to be so central to the game, it's an extra. they should be fun lol

Metalrocks
10th Jun 2014, 03:36
well, i still hope they keep the emotion but this time with more confidence. and yes, good point indeed. this could be her manor.

well, most of the stuff are pretty much on the wishlist or can be added to it ;)

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
12th Jun 2014, 08:38
i absolutely love the bear chase scene. if that's just a dose of
what foes we'll face in ROTTR, i'm 100% more stoked than i already am :D

also, did anyone else notice the two wolves in the background of
picture with Lara crouching with her bow???

chriss_99
12th Jun 2014, 09:45
i absolutely love the bear chase scene.

It reminds me so much of the first Tomb Raider. I still remember the fear when I saw the bear for the first time.

XylophoneDealers
12th Jun 2014, 12:08
So we saw, in the trailer:
a bear ( MORE ANIMAL ENEMIES :O )
The bow
A human enemy WITH A GUN
A giant tomb
The axe

In the concept art:
More tomb like structures
LARA WITH A PONY TAIL
Lara wearing her blue/green tank top with cargo pants/trousers.

This is looking good.

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
12th Jun 2014, 20:02
It reminds me so much of the first Tomb Raider. I still remember the fear when I saw the bear for the first time.

right?! it was beautiful :worship:

Psychomorph
12th Jun 2014, 23:05
I love the last part of the trailer, Lara looking into the giant cave with what looks to be ancient structures. Looks very Tomb Raider, I hope that's what it is.

Survival was yesterday, now it's time for exploration.

Scion's_Eye
13th Jun 2014, 02:20
Loved the bear and *finally* having tombs being that main focus. The hint of Croft Manner makes me hopeful.

Overall:
- no overbearing emotions
- more enemy types
- keep that balance of linear and open world like in TR9
- return of dual pistols

BridgetFisher
13th Jun 2014, 09:28
Id like to request an evolution in Collectors Editions kind of like how the Character lara Croft Evolved. What I mean is many games come with an artbook to show the creative process involved in making the game which is always awesome! Maybe a rise in a new way to do collectors editions would fit this game? I saw all this footage and animations from the last game that were never used for a game called Ascension which is more the game people wanted, but it would be fun to get some kind of bonus disc containing like unused stuff that never made it into the game? Or maybe renders of animations, I never thought I would like that stuff like seeing a walk cycle, but I found it very interesting and liked seeing it as much as I like seeing the concept art.

Scion's_Eye
13th Jun 2014, 17:35
And for the love of tombs - NO MULTIPLAYER.

Take your money back from those dedicated servers and put it into a longer game.

Tecstar70
14th Jun 2014, 11:15
Id like to request an evolution in Collectors Editions kind of like how the Character lara Croft Evolved. What I mean is many games come with an artbook to show the creative process involved in making the game which is always awesome! Maybe a rise in a new way to do collectors editions would fit this game? I saw all this footage and animations from the last game that were never used for a game called Ascension which is more the game people wanted, but it would be fun to get some kind of bonus disc containing like unused stuff that never made it into the game? Or maybe renders of animations, I never thought I would like that stuff like seeing a walk cycle, but I found it very interesting and liked seeing it as much as I like seeing the concept art.

So have you changed your mind about buying ROTTR Bridget?

Metalrocks
14th Jun 2014, 12:02
And for the love of tombs - NO MULTIPLAYER.

Take your money back from those dedicated servers and put it into a longer game.

on this we both can fully agree on. the MP was just awful. :rolleyes:

BridgetFisher
14th Jun 2014, 14:39
on this we both can fully agree on. the MP was just awful. :rolleyes:
Pretty sure everyone agrees the MP was terrible because noone plays it, I preordered it on steam and even at launch it was dead online. I know it was made to be the "COD killer" of its time but noone liked it. I hope they focus more on making the game they want than wasting even 1$ on a feature noone ever wanted that people didnt have fun with. Focus on the fun and the MP noone played because it wasnt fun. Only people I ever heard who played it were those 100% completionist people who want all achievements, outside of them, it was a ghost town.

Metalrocks
14th Jun 2014, 15:08
it wasnt CD that made the MP. it was a totally different company who only did the MP. CD only focused on the campaign.
but even then, it sucked. the worst MP i have ever played.

Tecstar70
15th Jun 2014, 21:36
Pretty sure everyone agrees the MP was terrible because noone plays it, I preordered it on steam and even at launch it was dead online. I know it was made to be the "COD killer" of its time but noone liked it. I hope they focus more on making the game they want than wasting even 1$ on a feature noone ever wanted that people didnt have fun with. Focus on the fun and the MP noone played because it wasnt fun. Only people I ever heard who played it were those 100% completionist people who want all achievements, outside of them, it was a ghost town.

A COD Killer? I don't think anyone ever thought it was that! I think the MP was better populated on consoles. I had hours of fun on the Xbox 360. While it wasn't perfect it was still a good game to drop in on. I could always find games to join. The main problem was with the matchmaking different players with different maps. There were a few cheaters but I always left those games. I don't see what they could do differently to improve MP if they were to include it next time.

Murphdawg1
15th Jun 2014, 22:27
I never did enjoy the multiplayer. I'd have a platinum trophy for Tomb Raider and PS3 and the Definitive Edition on PS4 if not for the multiplayer.

Weemanply109
16th Jun 2014, 14:20

It's hugely difference from Call of Duty's spamfest Multiplayer. What's with your obsession of Crystal copying 'Call of Duty'? :cool:

They really didn't, though. The Multiplayer here is pretty much standard in a lot of games, especially Uncharted (which most people assume that was were the copy was taken from). They probably just seen MP as a way to bring in some of the Multiplayer crowd for the extra sales and for a medium to use for DLC (extra $$$).

pirate1802
16th Jun 2014, 16:21
Wait what? TR MP was made to be a CoD killer? I don't know who is smoking the good stuff, but someone sure as hell is.

And I want it.

Weemanply109
16th Jun 2014, 17:07
Wait what? TR MP was made to be a CoD killer? I don't know who is smoking the good stuff, but someone sure as hell is.

And I want it.

Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon't..... It will make you delusion. :o Never confuse your your grandma with yo bae.

#KeepAClearMindAndBody2014

Scion's_Eye
16th Jun 2014, 18:06

And I want it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Metalrocks
17th Jun 2014, 03:49

And I want it.

me too. would be nice to smoke on the water again :D

Tihocan
17th Jun 2014, 04:23
I know it was made to be the "COD killer" of its time...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

I hope they focus more on making the game they want than wasting even 1$ on a feature noone ever wanted that people didnt have fun with.

False. I enjoyed it, far more than the hateful circle-jerkfest that is Call of Duty. I played it for quite a long time, until a new game took my attention away.
I know plenty of others did too.

Valenka
17th Jun 2014, 12:33
I know it was made to be the "COD killer" of its time but noone liked it.

Um, what? :p
I think you're thinking of Battlefield, not Tomb Raider.

Tihocan
18th Jun 2014, 02:37
I disagree with "no multiplayer". I want a multiplayer. But the kind of multiplayer I envisioned back in the "Tomb Raider & Multiplayer: Marrying the Two" (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=132089) thread long ago.
One life, one large arena, stealth and survival.