PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Tomb Raider & Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris domain registered by SE

Pages : [1] 2

Shaikh
8th Jun 2014, 17:59
Crystal Dynamics will debut their brand new title at the upcoming E3. If the recent domain registrations from Square Enix are any indication, the name of the game has been discovered, and it is probably planned for E3 judging from the timing of it.

This news was shared by superannuation on Twitter (https://twitter.com/supererogatory/with_replies). He discovered these domains listed by Square Enix’s corporate domain registrar. Since there are two domains being registered here, and only one announcement is planned for E3, we can see either one of them at E3.

The two domains that are registered include Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (https://whois.domaintools.com/laracroftandthetempleofosiris.com) and Rise of the Tomb Raider. (http://whois.domaintools.com/riseofthetombraider.com) The first one seems more likely to be the actual game. We will find out the validity of these names at the upcoming E3.

Crystal Dynamics have already confirmed that the next Tomb Raider game will be using the same engine as in Definitive Edition of Tomb Raider for PS4 and Xbox One (http://gearnuke.com/tomb-raider-sequel-will-utilize-engine-definitive-edition-significant-enhancements/). There is also a downloadable title planned for release from the Tomb Raider series, possibly a sequel to Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, as per the rumors.Source (http://gearnuke.com/crystal-dynamics-next-tomb-raider-name-possibly-discovered-reveal-planned-e3/)

Domains:
[B]Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris (http://LaraCroftAndTheTempleOfOsiris.com)
Rise Of The Tomb Raider (http://RiseOfTheTombRaider.com)

PhGEFLcPHsY

pKJDYipXa_8

CakeLuv
8th Jun 2014, 19:05
YAAAS LARA WERK IT YAAAS

nevillet
8th Jun 2014, 19:49
Could be the Best. News. Ever.

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380438043/885500.gif

RybatGrimes
8th Jun 2014, 21:42
Rise of The Tomb Raider - Sequel tagline, just like WAY back when all we had was a "A Survivor Is Born" web page.
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - Sequel to GOL.

CALLING IT.

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
8th Jun 2014, 22:00
"Rise of Tomb Raider"? Really? Sounds so generic.
Hope the story, characters and writing are better this time, TR2013 was pure trash in this department.

Treeble
8th Jun 2014, 22:51
Tbh I think it's highly unlikely we'll get not one, but two TR announcements simultaneously. I think "Rise of the Tomb Raider" is the tagline for this Temple of Osiris game. I'd have to look up what the Egyptian deity represented, but it's probably just a play with words there.

Not to say there won't be character development if it turns out to be a spiritual sequel to Guardian of Light, of course. I just think they'll have something with more of a punch as the tagline of the next Tomb Raider game.

CakeLuv
8th Jun 2014, 23:12
I'd have to look up what the Egyptian deity represented

Osiris is the god of the afterlife.

Rai
8th Jun 2014, 23:23
Tbh I think it's highly unlikely we'll get not one, but two TR announcements simultaneously. I think "Rise of the Tomb Raider" is the tagline for this Temple of Osiris game. I'd have to look up what the Egyptian deity represented, but it's probably just a play with words there.

Not to say there won't be character development if it turns out to be a spiritual sequel to Guardian of Light, of course. I just think they'll have something with more of a punch as the tagline of the next Tomb Raider game.

Why would there be two separate domain names then, for one game? And two websites (both blank now)? I'm fairly certain Rise of the Tomb Raider is a similar thing to A survivor is Born. It's not brilliant, but it makes sense for the sequel to TR'13.

However, whether they'll both be announced at E3 is another thing.

Treeble
8th Jun 2014, 23:42
Osiris is the god of the afterlife.Kinda makes sense to use "rise" then, right? D:

Why would there be two separate domain names then, for one game?Redirecting purposes? asurvivorisborn.com eventually became the same as tombraider.com. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get the two announcements as much as the next person would, it just seems unlikely.

Anyway, the big question. When exactly will we know what's what? Tomorrow? The day after? I need to get my body ready for this. lol

RybatGrimes
9th Jun 2014, 06:15
Kinda makes sense to use "rise" then, right? D:

Redirecting purposes? asurvivorisborn.com eventually became the same as tombraider.com. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get the two announcements as much as the next person would, it just seems unlikely.

Anyway, the big question. When exactly will we know what's what? Tomorrow? The day after? I need to get my body ready for this. lol

All Access Live: Phil Spencer, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Halo, Crystal Dynamics Game Announcement, and More
2:00 – 3:00 PM ET (11 AM – Noon PT)
Immediately following the briefing, Geoff has the exclusive first interview with Phil Spencer about everything that was announced on stage and his new vision for Xbox. Plus, tune in for the world premiere of Sunset Overdrive multiplayer with Marcus Smith from Insomniac Games. Glen Schofield and Michael Condry drop by to discuss Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, we get the latest on Halo E3 news from Frank O'Connor of 343 Industries, the team behind The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt drops by, and Crystal Dynamics visits All Access to make a new game announcement exclusively on Spike — with the first footage too! Also, GT's own Kyle Bosman visits to report on the social sentiment coming out of the Xbox press conference.

So probably at like 2:45 they'll make the announcement. :p And I'm also not sure what they mean by "footage", does that mean gameplay? Or is it just a trailer? Lol idk, weird wording.

kerrang
9th Jun 2014, 08:49
GOL was ok game to me, so not much interested in the sequel..

i will be very disappointed if they won't show the sequel of reboot.

Tecstar70
9th Jun 2014, 12:13
The important thing to consider here is that GoL and similar games are branded as Lara Croft and not Tomb Raider to distinguish them from the main games. This to me says that these are 2 separate games.

Rai
9th Jun 2014, 12:30
The important thing to consider here is that GoL and similar games are branded as Lara Croft and not Tomb Raider to distinguish them from the main games. This to me says that these are 2 separate games.

Well exactly :thumb:. Anyone else think Temple of Osiris is a SE/other dev game while CD concentrate on TR (RotTR)?

Chocolate_shake
9th Jun 2014, 13:16
A sequel to Gol would be pretty awesome indeed . :)

And Egypt is back ! Yipeee

RybatGrimes
9th Jun 2014, 17:41
DID YOU GUYS JUST SEE IT?????? THEY SHOWED A TRAILER. OH MY GOD.

dark7angel
9th Jun 2014, 17:43
Here: http://www.spike.com/netstorage/e3/live.html

@1:51:10

XylophoneDealers
9th Jun 2014, 17:43
HOLY LARA THE TRAILERRRE

AdobeArtist
9th Jun 2014, 17:44

I saw it alright. Kind of interest to see Lara...

in therapy after her experiences on the island

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
9th Jun 2014, 17:44

Yep, saw it a few minutes ago. CGI trailer, though.
Unsurprisngly, Lara seems to suffer from psychological issues, haha.
Too early to tell, but I got the impression they retained her "Barbie-like" face.

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 17:46
Time to get the party started, heh :)

DTKx-49Fat4

RybatGrimes
9th Jun 2014, 17:47
CiNqMznF00U

I'M LITEREALLY SHAKING.

Ellie92
9th Jun 2014, 17:49
I think I had an orgasm.. D:

Weemanply109
9th Jun 2014, 17:54

It was amazing! Lara looked so dark in the trailer, and a lot like the old Lara too! She looks amazing.

Rai
Amazing! I missed it as it was streaming as the video froze. So thanks for posting :D

Was that Camilla? It doesn't sound like her..well except when she was grunting :p.

RybatGrimes
That's honestly SO close to what I imagined for a teaser trailer. I imagined some kind of interview or something, but I imagined something for a like tv show talking about Yamatai. BUT JESUS THIS WAS BETTER I'M SO EXCITED.

Weemanply109
9th Jun 2014, 17:55
Amazing! I missed it as it was streaming as the video froze. So thanks for posting :D

Was that Camilla? It doesn't sound like her..well except when she was grunting :p.

It is her, sounds a LOT like her, but she's improved her Lara accent. She always tends to do better in the trailers, actually. :p

EDIT: Watching again, it could still be her, but she's either IMRPOVED vastly or it really isn't her. Amazing Voice acting and the perfect Lara Croft voice. I hope if it is Camilla that she keeps it up or if it's a new VO then they keep HER.

pidipidi39
9th Jun 2014, 17:58
IT WAS LIKE.
100000000 TIMES BETTER THAN I EXPECTED.

SO DARK.
SO INTENSE.
I'M PROUD OF CD.

I'm sorry, I'm freaking out. I'm just so weak.
Oh, dear God. I ain't worthy.

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
9th Jun 2014, 18:01
IT WAS LIKE.
100000000 TIMES BETTER THAN I EXPECTED.

SO DARK.
SO INTENSE.
I'M PROUD OF CD.

I'm sorry, I'm freaking out. I'm just so weak.
Oh, dear God. I ain't worthy.

Don't get your hopes up, you can bet the "dark & mature" tone will all but vanish one hour into the game.
Brace yourself for crappy writing, horrible, generic support cast, saturday morning cartoon villains and so on. You know, like in TR2013.

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 18:01
Obviously Camilla! ;)

Weemanply109
9th Jun 2014, 18:03
What I'm amazed at is the LOOK OF LARA. She looks a lot like an actress but I can't put my finger on her! This is LARA'S best LOOK, BETTER THAN TURNING POINT CGI. BETTER THAN THE IN-GAME OR ANY RENDER! PLEASE KEEP IT CRYSTAL! DON'T **** WITH IT AGAIN!

I am almost WEEPING!

pidipidi39
9th Jun 2014, 18:03
Don't get your hopes up, you can bet the "dark & mature" tone will all but vanish one hour into the game.
Brace yourself for crappy writing, horrible, generic support cast, saturday morning cartoon villains and so on. You know, like in TR2013.
What the hell are you even doing on Tomb Raider forums?

Weemanply109
9th Jun 2014, 18:06
The new model is probably reminiscent of the actress chosen for the new TR film (if that's still happening, it's been AGES).

She looks like Scarlett Johansson, her nose and cheekbones, etc. Am I the only one seeing it? Pause that YT video @ 1:19 and you'll see!

EDIT: WAIT. I googled images of her to refresh my memory and I'm not sure now. /DEATH

I have a feeling CD really learnt their lessing with TReboot. I hope Lara is a dark character with good/bad qualities.

Like Britney, SHES NOT THAT INNOCENT. ;) (Oops.. I did it again reference :p)

Chocolate_shake
9th Jun 2014, 18:07
An amazing teaser indeed . This is exactly how I wanted to see Lara after Yamatai .

Now they just need to balance platforming-combat properly and it will be perfect

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
9th Jun 2014, 18:08
What the hell are you even doing on Tomb Raider forums?

Let me tell you - as a Tomb Raider FAN (key word: FAN, not a mindless FANBOY), I want this game to be as good as humanly possible.

To ensure its quality, the fanbase needs to voice their concerns and let Crystal know not everything in TR2013 turned out to be fine and dandy. Criticism leads to improvement.

Shocking, I know.

AdobeArtist
9th Jun 2014, 18:08
Spike is showing Temple of Osiris... now with FOUR player co-op :D

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 18:09
Don't pay too much attention to the party poopers, folks. Some bitter TR fans just don't want the game to be received well ;)

Don't let people try to bring you down and just PARTY HARD. It's been well over a year... go nuts, you have official permission, haha :D

Weemanply109
9th Jun 2014, 18:09
The more I reply TReboot, the more I realise how linear and boring it was. I agree with Phaid. Our criticism is only going to help the developers. TR was a flawed game (hugely). Let's hope they've listened. Hence the "Rise of the Tomb Raider" title. I think this is the REAL journey to Lara actually putting herself out their and becoming the Tomb Raider we know her to be.

RybatGrimes
9th Jun 2014, 18:12
NOOO TALK ABOUT THE SEQUEL. I'M SO EXCITED FOR ToO BUT I WANT MROE ABOUT THE SEQUEL.

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
9th Jun 2014, 18:13
Don't pay too much attention to the party poopers, folks. Some bitter TR fans just don't want the game to be received well ;)

Riiiiiight. :rolleyes:
Quite the contrary, I think everyone wants Crystal to learn from their mistakes and deliver a much better game than the first one. I know I do.

pidipidi39
9th Jun 2014, 18:15
Let me tell you - as a Tomb Raider FAN (key word: FAN, not a mindless FANBOY), I want this game to be as good as humanly possible.

To ensure its quality, the fanbase needs to voice their concerns and let Crystal know not everything in TR2013 turned out to be fine and dandy. Criticism leads to improvement.

Shocking, I know.
One thing is to voice your concern, another thing is to call a game ''crappy'' and ''horrible''.
TR2013 was very far from perfection, we all know that and we all have already voiced our concerns.
Now, let me party :p

Spike is showing Temple of Osiris... now with FOUR player co-op :D
I know! :D

So, two games.
That's kinda cool.

XylophoneDealers
9th Jun 2014, 18:18
IM SO EXCITED IT LOOKS STUNNING AND SOUNDS GREAT BUT I HOPE ITS CAMILLA

The_Hylden
9th Jun 2014, 18:19
Nice shot to the head, Lara :p

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 18:19
Riiiiiight. :rolleyes:
Quite the contrary, I think everyone wants Crystal to learn from their mistakes and deliver a much better game than the first one. I know I do.

Okay, so voice your critical opinion in a constructive way then without upsetting people and trying to rain on their parade by immediately trash talking a game that was only just announced and calling people 'a-holes', 'mindless fanboys', etc ;)

Criticism leads to improvement.

Criticism is always welcome here. Being a jerk and flaming other members is not.

namitokiwa
9th Jun 2014, 18:23
I AM DYING ... PLEASE SO MOREEEEEE
I LOVE YOU MY QUEEN, LARA CROFT <3

dark7angel
9th Jun 2014, 18:23
Not really impressed by Temple of Osiris, but the trailer for Rise of the Tomb Raider looks pretty awesome!!! :D Very dark and atmospheric! If the game is anything like that, we're on the right track!!! :thumb:

Though I have to say, after all this time, Camilla's voice still puts me off... :(

namitokiwa
9th Jun 2014, 18:24
WILL THERE BE MORE THAN CGI TRAILER? INFORMATION? AN ACTUAL GAMEPLAY? I THINK THIS IS A GREAT TIME TO SHOW MORE THAN CGI TRAILER, RIGHT? OMG....PLEASE, I AM... I CAN'T WAIT NO MORE :((

RybatGrimes
9th Jun 2014, 18:27
Crystal Dynamics, a Square Enix studio, today announced its latest title in the critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider® series, Rise of the Tomb Raider ® . The game will redefine survival action in Holiday 2015.

In her first adventure, Lara Croft® was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. In the next chapter of her journey, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider.

“With the power of the new generation, and our proprietary Foundation engine, our high octane action moments will be even more epic. Multiple locations around the world will be filled with exploration spaces that are some of the most beautifully hostile places on earth and over three times larger than we could achieve before,” said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Product Development and Western Studios at Square Enix. “Our digital actors will rival CG quality, and after hearing the cry from our fans loud and clear, we will put the tombs back into Tomb Raider, all in our gritty Survival-Action style.”

Rise of the Tomb Raider builds upon the formula that made Tomb Raider a success, and features the return of Camilla Luddington as Lara Croft. Camilla will take character performance to new heights as Lara pushes herself beyond human limits and is confronted with what it means to become a hero. Once again, Crystal Dynamics is proud to have the award-winning author Rhianna Pratchett as a key member of the writing team, helping craft a story that delves into Lara’s inner turmoil and motivations in this critical second act of her journey

AAAAAAHHHH

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 18:28
Well, guess it's time I come back to these forums xD That trailer gave me goosebumps, I must admit, it's pretty awesome to see the scars on her hands :3 One question: does it mean she wanders around the globe, "tomb raiding" while undergoing therapy? Goddamn it, I don't understand, has E3 started already? It's June 9th xD And what's Temple of Osiris? :D

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 18:29
Anyone thinks Lara looks even more similar to Camilla than before?

daventry
9th Jun 2014, 18:30
Swearing Settings Off :nut:

Hints and White Ledges Off :wave:

Lets Hope Lara can Swim this time ;)

Can we Wish for a Braid :lol:

I do Hope Square Listended to the Fans as to What we want, is there a way we can see or them telling us what is in TR2 that Fans Begged sbout

Rai
9th Jun 2014, 18:30

A bit yes. Sounds great too. Anyone got a piccy of her at the end?

dark7angel
9th Jun 2014, 18:31
MULTIPLE LOCATIONS AROUND THE WORLD!!!!! YES!

And TOMBS!!!!!!!!! :D

It's kinda sad that a press release for Tomb Raider has to confirm the return of Tombs... But I'm glad they did!!! I WANT LOTS OF TOMBS!!!! :D

RybatGrimes
9th Jun 2014, 18:33
A bit yes. Sounds great too. Anyone got a piccy of her at the end?

https://24.media.tumblr.com/f8a6d57a61bd4d242ed77c2352a0a312/tumblr_n6wxycTBLY1svktoco1_500.jpg

d1n0_xD

Didn't look like Camilla to start with, IMO :o

Weemanply109
This new Lara doesn't look like Camilla in the slightest, imo. Reboot in-game Lara looked like Camilla, this didn't, imo.

I am excited about globe trotting. Not excited about the mention of "friends". I guess 'The Adventures of Lara & Friends' continues! :/

RybatGrimes
9th Jun 2014, 18:34

Omg really? You didn't get that with the reboot? There were a lot of times she looked EXACTLY like Camilla in the reboot. :eek:

XylophoneDealers
IT IS CAMILLA SHE DID THE MO-CAP FOR THE TRAILER
AND OMG
TOMBS
THIS COULD BE GAME OF THE YEAR IF THEY PULL IT OFF.

d1n0_xD
MULTIPLE LOCATIONS AROUND THE WORLD!!!!! YES!

And TOMBS!!!!!!!!! :D

It's kinda sad that a press release for Tomb Raider has to confirm the return of Tombs... But I'm glad they did!!! I WANT LOTS OF TOMBS!!!! :D

Ok, wait, so this is only press release, it's not E3 yet? I don't understand, I thought games will be shown tomorrow :o

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 18:36
Omg really? You didn't get that with the reboot? There were a lot of times she looked EXACTLY like Camilla in the reboot. :eek:

Nope, she was just Lara to me, to be honest xD And goddamn, I will need to upgrade my PC once again XD But hey, new Tomb Raider, hopefully longer and better than the previous one (which was awesome :3 )

dark7angel
9th Jun 2014, 18:38
Ok, wait, so this is only press release, it's not E3 yet? I don't understand, I thought games will be shown tomorrow :o

E3 started today. The CGI trailer for TR was shown at the Microsoft Conference. The Tomb of Osiris thing is a GoL type of game and was revealed after the conference on Spike TV. :)

pidipidi39
9th Jun 2014, 18:39
“With the power of the new generation, and our proprietary Foundation engine, our high octane action moments will be even more epic. Multiple locations around the world will be filled with exploration spaces that are some of the most beautifully hostile places on earth and over three times larger than we could achieve before,” said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Product Development and Western Studios at Square Enix. “Our digital actors will rival CG quality, and after hearing the cry from our fans loud and clear, we will put the tombs back into Tomb Raider, all in our gritty Survival-Action style.”
DEAR GOD.
I need some gameplay.

And, also, Holidays 2015.
It's not even that far! :D

Yes, I think she looked pretty identical to Camilla in this trailer :)

dark7angel
9th Jun 2014, 18:39
Not excited about the mention of "friends". I guess 'The Adventures of Lara & Friends' continues! :/

Yeah, this is really something I had hoped would not return (as well as Camilla to be quite honest...)

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 18:40
E3 started today. The CGI trailer for TR was shown at the Microsoft Conference. The Tomb of Osiris thing is a GoL type of game and was revealed after the conference on Spike TV. :)

OMG it started today?!? I need to start watching XD Soooo, there are 2 games coming up? Hot damn, this is gonna be good :3 Are there any confirms on gameplay videos being shown? :D Thanks for the info, dark7angel :3

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 18:42
Yeah, this is really something I had hoped would not return (as well as Camilla to be quite honest...)

Come on, people, what's wrong with supporting characters? :o

Shaikh
9th Jun 2014, 18:44
Nice shot to the head, Lara :p
1x Headshot. XP - 100 :D

Isn't she looks like Scarlet Johanson? :scratch:

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 18:45
Welcome back, Dino! :D

You can check out the videos on the first page of this thread :)

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 18:45
HOMAGYD IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL HELP ME THAT BEAR WAS SO CLASSIC OMG HEEEEEEEEEEELP YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS MMAMY U LOOK SO GOOD WERK THAT CGI YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

THE BACKGROUND MUSIC AND THE VOICE AND THE FACE AND THE CLOTHES AND THE LLARA AND THE SALIVA AND THE CROFT MANOR I ASUME HELP ME I'M SO SHOCKED I CAN'T FEEL MY EARS WAIT I NEVER DO, DO YOU?

dark7angel
9th Jun 2014, 18:46
Come on, people, what's wrong with supporting characters? :o

Nothing! But TR's supporting characters were pretty forgettable to be honest...

GLA
I'm so incredibly excited! :D

I love how badass Lara seems to be in the trailer. I can't wait for more...

In particular, the bits in the therapy session when it showed her hands, and the way she was moving her foot...I can't explain it, but I LOVE it :thumb:

Driber
https://24.media.tumblr.com/f8a6d57a61bd4d242ed77c2352a0a312/tumblr_n6wxycTBLY1svktoco1_500.jpg

Yup, deffo see a lot of Camilla's features there, heh.

daventry
9th Jun 2014, 18:48
Hope we are still Allowed to Extract Models from the Game, so far with Tomb Raider Square dident mind. :p

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 18:49

You think so? A lot of people did see some features of Camilla in TR9 Lara, heh.

AND THE CROFT MANOR I ASUME

Where?!

AdobeArtist
9th Jun 2014, 18:50
go nuts, you have official permission, haha :D

We're all going streaking, woooohooooooo

:D:D:D :naughty::naughty::naughty:

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 18:51
Welcome back, Dino! :D

You can check out the videos on the first page of this thread :)

Hvala najljepša, Driber ^^ That's thank you very much in Bosnian xD Oh, I'm watching it for the 11th time now, trying to soak up every detail of it, not to miss anything xD Goddamn it, this announcement is gonna wreck my studying XD A question, Driber: Will you be posting any news and videos that might come up in these next few days? :D

Nothing! But TR's supporting characters were pretty forgettable to be honest...

Yeah, I kinda have to agree with you there, they were not bad, but as you says, forgettable... But still, I can see Lara's relationship with Sam growing, so we'll see, all I'm saying, my vote goes to this game having supporting characters :D So we'll see, I can already picture it, those who turn out to be friends in this game, will maybe be part of Lara's crew, like Zip and Alistair?

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 18:52
Yup, deffo see a lot of Camilla's features there, heh.

I c it all

http://blog.linio.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/CAMILLA-LUDDINGTON_TOMB-RAIDER_FILM_.jpg

AND WHAT IF THE THERAPY IS IN HER MANOR WHILE RAINING AND SHE JUST GOT SURPRISED BY HER THERAPIST APPEARING RIGHT AFTER SHE WAS HUNTING AND KILLING RANDOM PEOPLE AT THE FOREST

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 18:52
Ladies and gentleman, we have an official forum title finally for the TR10 section :cool:

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 18:54
YAS WERK THAT TITLE LAURA

RybatGrimes
AND WHAT IF THE THERAPY IS IN HER MANOR WHILE RAINING AND SHE JUST GOT SURPRISED BY HER THERAPIST APPEARING RIGHT AFTER SHE WAS HUNTING AND KILLING RANDOM PEOPLE AT THE FOREST

I'M ******* FINISHED IF THIS IS THE CASE.

AdobeArtist
WILL THERE BE MORE THAN CGI TRAILER? INFORMATION? AN ACTUAL GAMEPLAY? I THINK THIS IS A GREAT TIME TO SHOW MORE THAN CGI TRAILER, RIGHT? OMG....PLEASE, I AM... I CAN'T WAIT NO MORE :((

It would still be too early to see full gameplay. It usually goes that teaser/announcement trailers precede gameplay coverage.

Rai

Thank you! The coat looks a tad like the one on Comic #5, a little.

Edit: Foundation engine? Is this new or what they're calling the revamped engine?

Also anyone wish to guess the locations? And I saw bear

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 18:56
So, a question for everybody? Do you think Lara is going on these little adventures WHILE she's in therapy? And did you see how coldbloodedly she killed that man, but not in a badass way, almost like she's used to it now, she just lets that arrow slip, and you can see her expression, it's so complex, I don't even know how to describe it :3 Work with me guys, I can't contain my fangasm XD

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 18:56
I'M ******* FINISHED IF THIS IS THE CASE.

AND SHE'S ALL ANXIOUS BECAUSE SHE'S ALL WOUNDED AND HAS TO PEE YOU COULD IMAGINE OMG THE HAIR

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 18:58
So, a question for everybody? Do you think Lara is going on these little adventures WHILE she's in therapy? And did you see how coldbloodedly she killed that man, but not in a badass way, almost like she's used to it now, she just lets that arrow slip, and you can see her expression, it's so complex, I don't even know how to describe it :3 Work with me guys, I can't contain my fangasm XD

She's looking at him as if he was just her pray and she's like "dis bish's basic af."

Sorry for double post tho

Rai
9th Jun 2014, 18:59
Ladies and gentleman, we have an official forum title finally for the TR10 section :cool:

Where are discussions for LC: and the Temple of Osiris going?

Driber
Isn't she looks like Scarlet Johanson? :scratch:

Hmm, not sure. Got a side-by-side to compare? :)

CakeLuv

Is any info released already?

RybatGrimes
9th Jun 2014, 19:00

I'm SO here for this jaded, PTSD ridden, damaged Lara. WHEW.

So we didn't see her ponytail at all, do you guys think there was a reason for that? Maybe a bRAID THEEIR GONNA REVEAL???

noname3
9th Jun 2014, 19:02
They can keep it as long as there's no Definitive Edition on PC. There's no guarantee I'm not going to get screwed with some inferior version again after all.

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 19:03
We're all going streaking, woooohooooooo

:D:D:D :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Pics or it didn't happen! :mad:

:D

Weemanply109
9th Jun 2014, 19:03
The environments is what excites me. That last few seconds were beautiful.

Me too! I want Lara to be damaged goods! Have loads of baggage!

I'm not kidding. :worship:

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 19:06

Not sure if sarcasm or not, but if not, yeah, I agree, PTDS and damaged doesn't mean bad and wimpy (as we could clearly see), but brace yourselves for a tsunami of people saying she's weak because she's seeing a shrink or some mumbo-jumbo like that...

The environments is what excites me. That last few seconds were beautiful.

Yeah, I'm all for vast and creepy tombs and caves :3

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 19:06
Hvala najljepša, Driber ^^ That's thank you very much in Bosnian xD Oh, I'm watching it for the 11th time now, trying to soak up every detail of it, not to miss anything xD Goddamn it, this announcement is gonna wreck my studying XD A question, Driber: Will you be posting any news and videos that might come up in these next few days? :D

Heh, expect to see an official TR10 media thread popping up soon, yeah.

RybatGrimes
9th Jun 2014, 19:08
^YES. I need that trailer without all that "world premiere" stuff over it. AND LOGOS AND RENDERS. GOSH.

Not sure if sarcasm or not, but if not, yeah, I agree, PTDS and damaged doesn't mean bad and wimpy (as we could clearly see), but brace yourselves for a tsunami of people saying she's weak because she's seeing a shrink or some mumbo-jumbo like that...

Not sarcastic at all, CD serving up that dark AOD realness is giving me LIFE.

Rai
9th Jun 2014, 19:10
Is any info released already?

I missed it but apparently there was footage shown during the Spike thingy quite soon after the TR reveal. TRF has gone metal over both games :p.

Edit: pKJDYipXa_8#t=42

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 19:11
I c it all

Yeah gotta be!

http://blog.linio.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/CAMILLA-LUDDINGTON_TOMB-RAIDER_FILM_.jpg

Oeeee, I like where you're going with this :D

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 19:16

Hello, friend, nice to meet you, high-five! :3

RybatGrimes
9th Jun 2014, 19:16

I'm actually kind of worried with that picture. It looks like Lara doesn't have a ponytail at all, and it's just a short bob. REMEMBER WHEN CD SAID THEY PUT A BOB ON LARA FOR THE REBOOT? OH CHRIST. PLEASE CD NO

Valenka
9th Jun 2014, 19:19
I almost just suffered a massive stroke due to overwhelming excitement after watching the trailer.

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 19:21
Edit: Foundation engine? Is this new or what they're calling the revamped engine?

Kinda sounds like it's an engine by SE rather than CD, doesn't it...

Please go ahead and make a dedicated thread for it in the TR OT section. If we'll have a dedicated section for that game, we'll move it there later on :)

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 19:22
I almost just suffered a massive stroke due to overwhelming excitement after watching the trailer.

Me too, I was kinda "what? new TR?" at the begining, because I couldn't belive it and then all these goosebumps and everything started, it was an ecstasy :D

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 19:23
I'm actually kind of worried with that picture. It looks like Lara doesn't have a ponytail at all, and it's just a short bob. REMEMBER WHEN CD SAID THEY PUT A BOB ON LARA FOR THE REBOOT? OH CHRIST. PLEASE CD NO

I'm pretty sure there's more hair behind there. Look at the bottom left part of her hair; it's going slightly towards the right, which indicates there's longer hair at the back making it curve like that.

RybatGrimes
9th Jun 2014, 19:26
PhGEFLcPHsY

Official Trailer is up on the TR channel!

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 19:27
And I like her outfit, I hope there are many unlockable outfits :D

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 19:28
I see this

I feel this

http://37.media.tumblr.com/3ac90b55da6aaa637969bfb561ace9ad/tumblr_n3tsruyis71qk2poao5_1280.jpg

THE FIRST ONE IS SOOO MUCH LIKE THE ONE IN THE TRAILER

DOES THIS MEANS BRAID
help

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 19:28

If they do, they need to go see a shrink themselves :p

Ah, I love how you made that AOD connection!

Kronos
9th Jun 2014, 19:32

That's your opinion, the TR franchise never was about a dark horror theme until TR2013.
I'm really glad that they didn't stick to that horror tone through the whole game because it would mean moving even more away from the original TR theme (which is not about horror at all).

What I'd like to see is more exploration and less splatter.
Looking forward to multiple locations (thank you!!) and more tombs (yes!!).

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 19:33
I missed it but apparently there was footage shown during the Spike thingy quite soon after the TR reveal. TRF has gone metal over both games :p.

Edit: pKJDYipXa_8#t=42

WAS THAT CLEOPATRA HELP ME LORD

Rai
9th Jun 2014, 19:36
Kinda sounds like it's an engine by SE rather than CD, doesn't it...

It does yeah. Maybe the engine they used for TR'13 couldn't handle what they wanted to do for RoTTR.

Please go ahead and make a dedicated thread for it in the TR OT section. If we'll have a dedicated section for that game, we'll move it there later on :)

Done. I wouldn't want this small GoL sequel to go unnoticed. :)

dark7angel
9th Jun 2014, 19:39
WAS THAT CLEOPATRA HELP ME LORD

I think it's Isis! She's magical, she's Osiris wife and she was part of the quest to collect all the scattered pieces of his body. Makes more sense than Cleopatra! :p

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 19:41
I think it's Isis! She's magical, she's Osiris wife and she was part of the quest to collect all the scattered pieces of his body. Makes more sense than Cleopatra! :p

Oh

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS ANYWAYS

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 19:44
If they do, they need to go see a shrink themselves :p

Like someone on tumblr said, her PTSD doesn't make her weak, it's what makes her effing amazing :3

mark_79
9th Jun 2014, 19:48
Few screengrabs....

http://www.somniumxxx.biz/rottr/01.jpg

http://www.somniumxxx.biz/rottr/02.jpg

http://www.somniumxxx.biz/rottr/03.jpg

http://www.somniumxxx.biz/rottr/04.jpg

http://www.somniumxxx.biz/rottr/05.jpg

http://www.somniumxxx.biz/rottr/06.jpg

http://www.somniumxxx.biz/rottr/07.jpg

http://www.somniumxxx.biz/rottr/08.jpg

http://www.somniumxxx.biz/rottr/09.jpg

http://www.somniumxxx.biz/rottr/10.jpg

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 19:50
^ Awesome, thanks :thumb:

Can you put those in THUMB codes, though, please? :)

Like someone on tumblr said, her PTSD doesn't make her weak, it's what makes her effing amazing :3

Well I don't agree with that other extreme, either :p

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 19:50
I need to see

what if they cut her hair off, I'd love her hair short as in the CGI thingy, but like

I want a braid so halp

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 19:55
Well I don't agree with that other extreme, either :p

Let me elaborate that, her dealing with PTSD and accepting what happened to her and what she is through that "We become who we are meant to be" line is what makes her amazing :D

DrCroft
9th Jun 2014, 20:02
Ohh there is quite a wiff of AoD to that trailer, AND IT EXCITES ME!!!!!!!!!

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 20:02
Let me elaborate that, her dealing with PTSD and accepting what happened to her and what she is through that "We become who we are meant to be" line is what makes her amazing :D

In other words, Lara is awesome because she is back to being a strong, ass-kicking Tomb Raider. Check! :D

Wild
9th Jun 2014, 20:11
Lara looks amazing, and yep it does seem she has short hair. Which is awesome!

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 20:23
In other words, Lara is awesome because she is back to being a strong, ass-kicking Tomb Raider. Check! :D

Damn right! :D

And thanks for the pics, mark79 :D

pomeranianpuppy
9th Jun 2014, 20:36
Lara looks and sounds a tad more mature. I get the feeling that therapy isn't voluntary ...oh this is all too much for me I need a lie down

GrievousOdyssey
9th Jun 2014, 20:40
I thought it was hilarious how the trailer used excerpts of the original score from the 2001 film A Beautiful Mind, as if this game's story would have anything remotely in common with the thematic of the film.

daventry
9th Jun 2014, 20:42
I wonder if we could get a Transcript of what will be in the Game, basically the TR10 Wishlist, because just How Closely did Square listen to the Fans, since i can think of a few things that Will be Forced on us in the Game.

Weemanply109
9th Jun 2014, 20:47
We should have a wishlist thread, tbh.

That bob from the original TReboot concept art is much better than the ponytail. It's more practical than having her hair freely hanging about whilst she's scaling ruins, wrecks, etc. Surprised her hair hasn't caught onto something.

Lara with short hair >>>>

RybatGrimes
9th Jun 2014, 20:50
https://33.media.tumblr.com/9485d7f8027a76b5c3653e6eded0e5aa/tumblr_n6wzitTKkP1qlxhw8o1_500.jpg

WOOO!

AshrakAiemain
9th Jun 2014, 20:51
EXCITMENT FOR TWO TOMB RAIDER GAMES!!!

That is all, carry on.

larafan25
9th Jun 2014, 20:59
she do got hair yall

http://compass.xbox.com/assets/8a/9f/8a9f06fc-bfae-4486-a337-f0647e403d89.jpg?n=Guardian_Homepage_Small_Tout_060314_359x201.jpg

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 20:59
she do got hair yall

http://compass.xbox.com/assets/8a/9f/8a9f06fc-bfae-4486-a337-f0647e403d89.jpg?n=Guardian_Homepage_Small_Tout_060314_359x201.jpg

IT'S A WIG, SHE'S BALD IN THE BACK OF HER SKULL THAT'S WHY SHE ALWAYS WITH THAT HOOD

BTW does anyone know the song's name in the trailer?

_Ninja_
9th Jun 2014, 21:07
Awesome. But the title isn't very... inspired.

AdobeArtist
9th Jun 2014, 21:10
I think it's time to update the banner image for the TR10 board, don't ya think Driber? ;):D

piwxpk_ROTR_forumbanner01.png

Alon, NEW sig/avy for moi :cool:

Lalight
9th Jun 2014, 21:12
This is like the best news to get after a long day at work!! TWO TR game announcements in one day!! And a good reason to come back and express my excitement..

^ Same here!!! I literally started to cry, I was experiencing so many emotions at once throughout the whole teaser!

Thank you for the awesome pics, Mark_79

I wonder if we could get a Transcript of what will be in the Game, basically the TR10 Wishlist, because just How Closely did Square listen to the Fans, since i can think of a few things that Will be Forced on us in the Game.
That would be interesting to check out..

she do got hair yall

I wouldn't mind a bob hair-do, but it seems like she has a low ponytail.

I think it's time to update the banner image for the TR10 board, don't ya think Driber? ;):D
I agree!!

Weemanply109
9th Jun 2014, 21:13
she do got hair yall

Source of this image?

If it were to be the forum banner, I think it'd be better without the "Beyond Survival, the true journey begins" (though I do like the slogan for your signature ;)). I think simply 'Tomb Raider Official forums' is more suited.

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 21:14
Source of this image?

XBOX site.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e3/xbox-one-games

larafan25
9th Jun 2014, 21:15
In which it says the game is xbox exclusive. hihi

Weemanply109
9th Jun 2014, 21:16
In which it says the game is xbox exclusive. hihi

They wish. :lol:

If this game has any timed exclusives, tho. :mad2:

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 21:16
You go back to the gay cave and eat poo, LF.

pirate1802
9th Jun 2014, 21:27

My thoughts exactly.

Rai
9th Jun 2014, 21:33
IT'S A WIG, SHE'S BALD IN THE BACK OF HER SKULL THAT'S WHY SHE ALWAYS WITH THAT HOOD

BTW does anyone know the song's name in the trailer?

It's this:
-CJdgXWVvTg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CJdgXWVvTg

Added the link as the name doesn't appear in the video when posted.

DamianGraham
9th Jun 2014, 21:34
Love the title, love her look, love the atmosphere, love every single thing about it. I feel like it's going to be a great game already and if the writing is on par with the last game, I'm in. I don't understand the hate for it (being a fan of the franchise since its conception), but I shan't let that damper my excitement either way! Can't wait to see and know more, already lol.

DamianGraham
9th Jun 2014, 21:58
Also, is the huge cavern at the end Atlantis?

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 22:00

In other forums people are speculating they look like Roman Architecture
http://image.rol.vn/Resources/2009/03/31_DOOL_090331_CD_L1_H30.jpg

But I think she's looking for another lost city, lol.

Psycho_Kenshin
9th Jun 2014, 22:02
Looks fun, but also a bit cheesy in some ways (which can be a good thing). The overwrought Batman style hard boiled seriousness and destiny stuff. "Accept her destiny as Tomb Raider", she's going to rise like the Dark Knight, isn't she just a treasure hunter who happens to do vigilante stuff along the way?

Why is everything an epic prophecy of destiny, I guess taking a more pulpy look at her life and character is less in style at the moment than giving her a melodramatic and gritty superhero origin. Plus characters always evolve over time, why are we still in an origin or rising stage? She saved the world from a crazy supernatural threat last time, how much does she need to do to "get there"?

Still, I look forward to it, just hope they remember to include fun and humor in the tone, and realize her character has unique strengths that don't need an identical dramatic arc to Batman.

This is criticism but at the same time, while I find it a bit cheesy, I do look forward to it, and well hey, I do love Batman.

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2014, 22:03
https://33.media.tumblr.com/9485d7f8027a76b5c3653e6eded0e5aa/tumblr_n6wzitTKkP1qlxhw8o1_500.jpg

WOOO!

Look at her display picture, little slyfox :3

Damn right xD I should also make a new sig :3

RybatGrimes
9th Jun 2014, 22:13
Not sure if these have been posted somewhere.. but:

DamianGraham
9th Jun 2014, 22:17
pgipzh_Screen-Shot-2014-06-09-at-6.10.04-PM.png

So around the 0:35 mark I noticed she has TWO (2!!) pistol holsters (one on each leg). Am I crazy or is that what those are... And does that mean dual wielding pistols is back?!

Cristiavano
9th Jun 2014, 22:18
In other forums people are speculating they look like Roman Architecture
http://image.rol.vn/Resources/2009/03/31_DOOL_090331_CD_L1_H30.jpg

But I think she's looking for another lost city, lol.
The cave thing is making me think of this...in the lower right corner.

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 22:23
The cave thing is making me think of this...in the lower left corner.

you meant left, right?

RybatGrimes
9th Jun 2014, 22:23
pgipzh_Screen-Shot-2014-06-09-at-6.10.04-PM.png

So around the 0:35 mark I noticed she has TWO (2!!) pistol holsters (one on each leg). Am I crazy or is that what those are... And does that mean dual wielding pistols is back?!

I seen those too! But idk, there isn't anything on the side of her legs, like the actual holsters, it's just the straps. D:

DamianGraham
9th Jun 2014, 22:24
I seen those too! But idk, there isn't anything on the side of her legs, like the actual holsters, it's just the straps. D:

I think maybe they didn't include the guns because it would be obvious, but those are definitely holsters of some sort, because if you watch when she falls to the bottom, you can see them clearly. I can't even handle it haha

RybatGrimes
9th Jun 2014, 22:28
I think maybe they didn't include the guns because it would be obvious, but those are definitely holsters of some sort, because if you watch when she falls to the bottom, you can see them clearly. I can't even handle it haha

But then again, there is also climbing gear (http://www.besportier.com/images/climbing-harness.jpg) that looks like that, so it could just be that.

They're so weird about giving her duals I just don't understand it, why not fully put them there, instead of incomplete holsters if they're actual holsters?

CakeLuv
9th Jun 2014, 22:30
or
http://tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR9walk/screenshots/outfits/mountaineer.jpg

Weemanply109
9th Jun 2014, 22:30

OMG. Amazing. I feel as if this game is going to take inspiration from the early Reboot concept of hunt or be hunted within that forest area. I hope it does.

The environments in these concepts so far >>>> generic shipwreck island

AdobeArtist
9th Jun 2014, 22:31
If it were to be the forum banner, I think it'd be better without the "Beyond Survival, the true journey begins" (though I do like the slogan for your signature ;)). I think simply 'Tomb Raider Official forums' is more suited.

What can I say? I strongly feel a promotional image should make a statement to set the tone for the game, for the experience of the story. And I liked the idea of establishing how this connects to and follows the events of the last game (survival) and then how it progresses from there in the next stage in Lara's life.

I highly doubt they'll retread that story line.

But it does make sense thematically. The first game (of the reboot) was about an unknown girl not yet established in her vocation, just about surviving and overcoming her limitations.

So coming out of that, is when takes her first steps in becoming that tomb raider, of her own self determined motivation, and not just how circumstances force her. Basically that "rise" in her life's journey.

Weemanply109
9th Jun 2014, 22:33
I agree about the title. This game will be her REALLY becoming the Tomb Raider. Whereas the last game was just about what gave her the foundation to become it. This announcement has put me in the mood to replay TReboot.

DamianGraham
9th Jun 2014, 22:40
^ Dammit. It could be that too. I thought for sure she'd dual wield this game based on the last game (won't put any spoilers here but y'all know what I'm talking about)

_Ninja_
9th Jun 2014, 22:53
But it does make sense thematically. The first game (of the reboot) was about an unknown girl not yet established in her vocation, just about surviving and overcoming her limitations.

So coming out of that, is when takes her first steps in becoming that tomb raider, of her own self determined motivation, and not just how circumstances force her. Basically that "rise" in her life's journey.

Great many boring things make perfect sense. I find the title very derivative and uninspired. Derivative of the most soulless and boring Hollywood marketing language and evoking anything and everything under the sun that's named just like it and subsequently lost among that numerous generic drivel. "Ryse, Rise of.., ...Rises, etc."

Hopefully that does not translate into the game itself.

Murphdawg1
9th Jun 2014, 23:04
Exciting day, Lara looks like she joined the Assassin order with that hoodie.

Rai
9th Jun 2014, 23:10
Exciting day, Lara looks like she joined the Assassin order with that hoodie.

Or the local stereotypical thugs hanging out on the street corner (that are probs just a bunch of lads hanging out bored and mean no harm dude). AC doesn't own copyrights to hoodies :nut:.

She's very closed off physically in that therapy session. I think the hoody is symbolic perhaps pf how closed off she is becoming from society. She looks anxious/irritable and probably wishing he'd shut the .... up so she can get out of there...and out adventuring. It seems she's lied too about the flashbacks possibly to stop the sessions.

Driber
9th Jun 2014, 23:26
^ Well spotted!

No promises, but can you send me a link to the PSD via PM? :)

AdobeArtist
9th Jun 2014, 23:27
Now that Ive seen some of the new art, I had to make an alternate version to my banner concept :)

plmqmw_ROTR_forumbanner01b.png

AdobeArtist
9th Jun 2014, 23:28
^ Well spotted!

No promises, but can you send me a link to the PSD via PM? :)

How would I attach a PSD file in the forum pm? :scratch:

hipeople5100
9th Jun 2014, 23:30
Is it just me or she looks like tomb raider 4 lara

Cristiavano
9th Jun 2014, 23:45
OMG. Amazing. I feel as if this game is going to take inspiration from the early Reboot concept of hunt or be hunted within that forest area. I hope it does.

The environments in these concepts so far >>>> generic shipwreck island

SAME !! WHEn i saw it! I thought of the early reboot concepts!!!

Cristiavano
10th Jun 2014, 00:03
you meant left, right?

Oh yeah! :mad2::mad2:
I've been confusing everything lately...and i'm only 17!!! I think it's time i see the doctor.

Driber
10th Jun 2014, 00:04
How would I attach a PSD file in the forum pm? :scratch:

I meant upload somewhere and send the link via PM.

Or you can just email it to me. I believe you have my address ;)

AdobeArtist
10th Jun 2014, 00:27

I just recalled (actually had to reload my addresses) and it's just been sent :wave:

CakeLuv
10th Jun 2014, 00:28
Oh yeah! :mad2::mad2:
I've been confusing everything lately...and i'm only 17!!! I think it's time i see the doctor.

It's probs for the best lol.

Wild
10th Jun 2014, 00:45
Lara with a hoodie tho. <3333

Metalrocks
10th Jun 2014, 01:04
amazing trailer. seeing her in therapy gets a big plus for me and i hope this will be shown more in the final game. its obvious that this would effect her psychologically.
and from the title, i would say they build laras career slowly up.
maybe its just me but does it appear that she has shorter hair?
also, am i the only one who thought of assassins creed after seeing her close up with her hood over her head :p?

Driber
10th Jun 2014, 01:09
^ No, Lara still has the same length hair (thank goodness :p)

And as Rai nicely put it - AC doesn't have a copyright on hoodies :D

Metalrocks
10th Jun 2014, 01:26
^ No, Lara still has the same length hair (thank goodness :p)

And as Rai nicely put it - AC doesn't have a copyright on hoodies :D

good to hear. not that i would have a problem whit it if lara did have shorter hair. at least down to her shoulders but i guess thats just me.

didnt read every single post here. not reading 7 pages i missed over night.

RybatGrimes
10th Jun 2014, 02:05
not that i would have a problem whit it if lara did have shorter hair.

I WOULD.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/29e5404b0825290b20df0a943f76b81a/tumblr_inline_n6xkga1aSU1qgigev.png

bedda watch it with them scissors CD

DamianGraham
10th Jun 2014, 02:57
I WOULD.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/29e5404b0825290b20df0a943f76b81a/tumblr_inline_n6xkga1aSU1qgigev.png

As would I... Big no no for me :p haha her hair oddly enough is one of my favorite things about her (don't ask me why for I couldn't tell you). I really do hope that they'll have her hair down at some point again (like Legend did) that was always one of my wishes and I'd love to see it in TresFX :eek: I don't know how to work the TR:10 Wishlist, but my biggest wish is to have more variety with the costumes, and for them to be included at no extra cost.. I know companies need to make money, but this is really getting ridiculous. Part of the fun in playing/beating a game was to get the unlockables at the end. All I'm saying is, Long hair, and maybe extra costumes with hair down, or in a braid. (said no Tomb Raider fan ever :rolleyes: )

RybatGrimes
10th Jun 2014, 03:22
I just noticed in the trailer Lara isn't wearing the same thing in the therapy session. It looks like she's wearing a leather jacket and a hoodie underneath.

LEATHER JACKET. :worship:

Metalrocks
10th Jun 2014, 03:41
I WOULD.

lol. lets put it this way, i would not like it too short either. ;)

As would I... Big no no for me :p haha her hair oddly enough is one of my favorite things about her (don't ask me why for I couldn't tell you). I really do hope that they'll have her hair down at some point again (like Legend did) that was always one of my wishes and I'd love to see it in TresFX :eek: I don't know how to work the TR:10 Wishlist, but my biggest wish is to have more variety with the costumes, and for them to be included at no extra cost.. I know companies need to make money, but this is really getting ridiculous. Part of the fun in playing/beating a game was to get the unlockables at the end. All I'm saying is, Long hair, and maybe extra costumes with hair down, or in a braid. (said no Tomb Raider fan ever :rolleyes: )

i agree that the clothing should be unlockables as in previous games. that way you want to play it more often as i did with legend and underworld.

regarding the wishlist, its pretty easy;
you just give me the number of the wish you want and i will add it for you.

DamianGraham
10th Jun 2014, 03:46

i agree that the clothing should be unlockables as in previous games. that way you want to play it more often as i did with legend and underworld.

regarding the wishlist, its pretty easy;
you just give me the number of the wish you want and i will add it for you.

I went ahead and posted some on the wishlist but now that you say that I'm pretty sure I did it wrong :mad2: lol, but yeah, definitely would love the unlockables to extend further than just concept art or renders.

Metalrocks
10th Jun 2014, 04:03
I went ahead and posted some on the wishlist but now that you say that I'm pretty sure I did it wrong :mad2: lol, but yeah, definitely would love the unlockables to extend further than just concept art or renders.

yes, you did it wrong. but dont worry. let me see if i can explain it better this time so that you can edit your comment in the wishlist thread.

ok, go to first page of the wishlist thread and scroll through all the wishes. you will see that they are all categorized with the wishes below. just read them and you will see on the left of the wish a number. thats the number i need. so for example this:

actors

54. Keep Camilla. (106)
65. Change the voice actress. (7)

if you like to wish for "keep camilla", you just give me the number "54". and so on and so on.

easy, right? so, just take your time :)

DamianGraham
10th Jun 2014, 04:05
yes, you did it wrong. but dont worry. let me see if i can explain it better this time so that you can edit your comment in the wishlist thread.

ok, go to first page of the wishlist thread and scroll through all the wishes. you will see that they are all categorized with the wishes below. just read them and you will see on the left of the wish a number. thats the number i need. so for example this:

actors

54. Keep Camilla. (106)
65. Change the voice actress. (7)

if you like to wish for "keep camilla", you just give me the number "54". and so on and so on.

easy, right? so, just take your time :)

THANKS! :thumb:

Metalrocks
10th Jun 2014, 04:07
THANKS! :thumb:

you are not welcome :p

DamianGraham
10th Jun 2014, 04:19
you are welcome :p

(I edited your quote)

AWWW SHUCKS THANKS! :flowers: :p haha

Metalrocks
10th Jun 2014, 04:21
(I edited your quote)

AWWW SHUCKS THANKS! :flowers: :p haha

:lol::wave:

AdobeArtist
10th Jun 2014, 04:47
amazing trailer. seeing her in therapy gets a big plus for me and i hope this will be shown more in the final game. its obvious that this would effect her psychologically.

I feel that. This just reinforces the human qualities they built into the new Lara, that the experience has this lasting effect on her.

But the best therapy is the support of a close friend, so Sam better be back in the next game.

Do NOT disappoint, CD :whistle:

DamianGraham
10th Jun 2014, 05:02
I feel that. This just reinforces the human qualities they built into the new Lara, that the experience has this lasting effect on her.

But the best therapy is the support of a close friend, so Sam better be back in the next game.

Do NOT disappoint, CD :whistle:

Yaaaasss! I do want to see Sam back as well, not sure why there is even an option in the wishlist thread to never mention her again lol. I think it's good that we see Lara as a functioning (or used to be functioning) person, with work, friends, emotions. CD hit the nail on the head because I can relate to her now more than ever, and become a Tomb Raider and discover lost civilizations... Right? (:p haha) but in seriousness I LOVE the direction the franchise has taken. Now all we need is some news about the film that was supposedly being made dammit!:mad2:

Driber
10th Jun 2014, 09:31
I WOULD.

If Lara's hair is cut, we.... riot? ;) :D

I don't know how to work the TR:10 Wishlist, but my biggest wish is to have more variety with the costumes, and for them to be included at no extra cost.. I know companies need to make money, but this is really getting ridiculous.

The DLC outfits were made available later as a bundle with the game, not costing more than the original price of the game.

I know, I know, you want them ASAP and don't want to dish out additional money. Just sayin' :)

You sure? She'd look so smexy!

:p

d1n0_xD
10th Jun 2014, 09:37
You sure? She'd look so smexy!

:p

Damn, she looks almost bald there XD I fancy "bald" girls, I love Citra from Far Cry 3 and Clara from Watch Dogs but for Lara, nope xD
IF she ever cuts her hair, I hope it will be something like this:

http://www.short-haircut.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Katie-Holmes-short-hair.jpg

But still, long her is the way to go, just saying that ^this^ is the limit for me xD

Driber
10th Jun 2014, 09:48
^ That's beautiful. Would suit Lara nicely :)

Metalrocks
10th Jun 2014, 10:00
my thoughts as well. thats the length i was thinking off. this surely will suit lara.

@adobe
yes, definitely sam has to be back. lara needs all the support she can get and she knows that sam will be by her side. both of them need each others help.

daventry
10th Jun 2014, 10:02
I was thinking the Character looks like Samantha, werent they gonna make a Movie from TR2013

Driber
10th Jun 2014, 10:09
^ Tomb Raider (2013) Hollywood movie (confirmed!) discussion thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=116971) :)

daventry
10th Jun 2014, 11:16
Cool thanks and im not sure if theres a Thread, but the Eyes of Lara is Greenish/Blueish again instead of Brown

Kronos
10th Jun 2014, 11:29

Do you know if there's a high-res version, like 1920x1200?

Metalrocks
10th Jun 2014, 12:52
would be nice to have some wallpapers. but i guess im way to early for that.

Driber
10th Jun 2014, 13:20
Cool thanks and im not sure if theres a Thread, but the Eyes of Lara is Greenish/Blueish again instead of Brown

There is :)

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=145078

Jurre
10th Jun 2014, 14:07
Okay i'm looking at thse trailers on my tablet on a crappy wifi connection in rome so it may not be te ideal expeience but so far i find the first trailer/teaser rather underwhelming. 'Tomb raider! Lara's adventures at the psychiatrist! Tell us about your mother!' And the advice to threat the trauma is to go do agian what caused it intbhe first place. That's tue for many soldies but it's not what a shrink is supposed to say right?

And then vthe title? Technically it is fiting i guess, but it just cheesey and cliche figjt now... there's been to many rising dark knights and planet of the apes and sons of rome already.

But don't get. me wrong it is good to see something of tr10 even though i find it unexiting yet, but it does make me exited to see more. Especcialy the actal location of this game...

Thesecond one looks far more exiting for now; an egypt themed gol game is exactlybwhat i wanted and it is good that crystal d and squeenix make a litteler game to keep us busy while waiting for the bigone, instead of sacrificing quality by pooping out a big game every year like assassins creed and call of duty and whatnot- very good! And i love seeing laras dual guns!

d1n0_xD
10th Jun 2014, 14:12
^ I don't know I found it pretty cool how he was saying "a girl you're age needs to get out more, get out of the house, blah,blah,blah" and she was actually doing that, just with a little dash of exploring tombs and killing people :D

AdobeArtist
10th Jun 2014, 14:37
width=250

Oh. *BLEEP* Yes. This is sexy, stylish, and chic. A perfect look for Lara :o:o

Okay i'm looking at thse trailers on my tablet on a crappy wifi connection in rome so it may not be te ideal expeience but so far i find the first trailer/teaser rather underwhelming. 'Tomb raider! Lara's adventures at the psychiatrist! Tell us about your mother!' And the advice to threat the trauma is to go do agian what caused it intbhe first place. That's tue for many soldies but it's not what a shrink is supposed to say right?

I admit, it was a very unexpected direction to see Lara in therapy. But not only does it makes sense, it really deepens the human characterization CD has been building in our dear new Lara. That the experiences she went through on the island has such a lasting effect on her makes it all that much more profound and impactfull.

And like Driber said, it created a cleverly ironic juxtaposition of narrative to action ;)

Metalrocks
10th Jun 2014, 14:44
Oh. *BLEEP* Yes. This is sexy, stylish, and chic. A perfect look for Lara :o:o

I admit, it was a very unexpected direction to see Lara in therapy. But not only does it makes sense, it really deepens the human characterization CD has been building in our dear new Lara. That the experiences she went through on the island has such a lasting effect on her makes it all that much more profound and impactfull.

And like Driber said, it created a cleverly ironic juxtaposition of narrative to action ;)

exactly. i find it good that CD considered it and actually kept it realistic and actually want to keep laras human side. im really eager to know how much of it will be shown in the game. i think that she will tell him her experience, which are playable. and after every session, she takes a break and this gives you a chance to explore the manor (if it is her manor).

Ellie92
10th Jun 2014, 15:22
Seeing Lara in therapy and stuff makes me feel like Lara is becoming one of the deepest and most different characters in gaming ever.
Totally different to those typical action heros. I like that.

http://www.short-haircut.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Katie-Holmes-short-hair.jpg

My best friend has her hair like that now. It looks amazing when you tie your hair to a short ponytail, like Geralt of Rivia or that guy from Metal Gear Solid has it.

QUESTION: Can someone tell me who directed that new trailer?

Driber
10th Jun 2014, 15:33
@AA: I believe that was someone else. Credit where credit is due, heh :cool:

pirate1802
10th Jun 2014, 15:49

I thought he meant a very different 'going out' in his mind and telling that to Lara, you know, like people like me and you go out. But Lara was like.. this guy doesn't know zilch. And we were seeing things from her perspective, the kind of going out she had in mind.

And then vthe title? Technically it is fiting i guess, but it just cheesey and cliche figjt now... there's been to many rising dark knights and planet of the apes and sons of rome already.

Yeah, the title was the kind of cheese overload that can give one diabetes.

VaBanes
10th Jun 2014, 16:15
That trailer was great! Very dark and myserious. I like that. :D

Seeing Lara in therapy and stuff makes me feel like Lara is becoming one of the deepest and most different characters in gaming ever.
Totally different to those typical action heros. I like that.

Couldn't agree more. I don't see why so many people (not necessarily here in the forum) think Lara in therapy is making her "weak". I think this kind of stuff can actually show how strong she actually is. I mean, no one is talking about how strong Nathan Drake is because he is doing his stuff as if it was nothing.

Bran thought about it. "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
"That is the only time a man can be brave," his father told him.

pirate1802
10th Jun 2014, 16:30
Couldn't agree more. I don't see why so many people (not necessarily here in the forum) think Lara in therapy is making her "weak". I think this kind of stuff can actually show how strong she actually is. I mean, no one is talking about how strong Nathan Drake is because he is doing his stuff as if it was nothing.

You have no idea :p Apparently her wearing a hoodie makes her an emo too now.

*shakes head in disappointment*

Driber
10th Jun 2014, 16:54
You have no idea :p Apparently her wearing a hoodie makes her an emo too now.

*shakes head in disappointment*

Pssshhhhh, emo.

Those people should take a look at TR AoD then :p

daventry
10th Jun 2014, 17:14
Will Lara wear a Hoodie in the Main Game, or is this just to Hide the New Lara Character

What is Lara wearing and what does the Hoodie look like

RybatGrimes
10th Jun 2014, 17:31
And the advice to threat the trauma is to go do agian what caused it intbhe first place. That's tue for many soldies but it's not what a shrink is supposed to say right?

That's not at all what he said, he said to get out, go take a walk, find a hobby, something other than shutting herself away from society and her friends, if she wants to heal the trauma shutting everyone and everything out isn't the answer.

pomeranianpuppy
10th Jun 2014, 19:58
i think that she will tell him her experience, which are playable. and after every session, she takes a break and this gives you a chance to explore the manor (if it is her manor).

I'd love this format of play :thumb:

And there could be clues and trinkets in croft manor that are in the flashbacks

RybatGrimes
10th Jun 2014, 20:16
Do you know if there's a high-res version, like 1920x1200?

I'd love this format of play :thumb:

And there could be clues and trinkets in croft manor that are in the flashbacks

YES. And flashbacks of her childhood too! So we could see her parents and little Lara! AH. I LOVE THIS IDEA.

Just seen someone say this on tumblr, and thought it was really cool.

In the Rise of the Tomb Raider trailer when Lara’s therapist says “like a ship trapped in ice” it is a direct reference to the real life Endurance that was part of the Imperial Trans-Arctic Expedition.

It became stuck in the ice and eventually was crushed and sank.]

pidipidi39
10th Jun 2014, 20:25
Just a little thing.

Doesn't this part at 0:34 in the trailer...
PhGEFLcPHsY

... remind you of the part at 1:06 in this video? :D
AbJjcBC2rnc

CakeLuv
10th Jun 2014, 20:27
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAs but it doesn't mean poop

Ellie92
10th Jun 2014, 20:58
My Theory:

Lara behaves totally different in the trailer than in the comic. Maybe something bad happened beside Yamatai? Maybe she already has her next adventure behind her and tells her therapist about it?
Because I think Sam is going to die in there. And it will be Lara who kills her. And that is why she is in therapy now. And maybe RotTR will be told in some kind of flashbacks, as you say, so we experience how Lara cuts off Sam's head and stuff.
But if they actually kill her, please kiss first. :cool:

PS: I suck at explaining, I hope you understand what I mean.

RybatGrimes
10th Jun 2014, 21:30
Just a little thing.

Doesn't this part at 0:34 in the trailer...
PhGEFLcPHsY

... remind you of the part at 1:06 in this video? :D
AbJjcBC2rnc

I swear to god I was thinking about that last night! :worship:

a_big_house
10th Jun 2014, 21:47
I'd just like to mention how happy I am that Keeley is back as Lara in Osiris :D
VERY HAPPY

pidipidi39
10th Jun 2014, 21:50
Lara behaves totally different in the trailer than in the comic. Maybe something bad happened beside Yamatai? Maybe she already has her next adventure behind her and tells her therapist about it?
Because I think Sam is going to die in there. And it will be Lara who kills her. And that is why she is in therapy now. And maybe RotTR will be told in some kind of flashbacks, as you say, so we experience how Lara cuts of Sam's head and stuff.
I agree. In the comics she seems much more calm and resoluted, while in the trailer she seems extremely nervous.
Also, the scenes with the bear and the guy in cave could happen on Lara's second trip to Yamatai (which is told in the comics).

So, I think that either something bad happens beside Yamatai or that they decided not to count the comics in the storyline (which I would kinda like).

I swear to god I was thinking about that last night! :worship:
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that! :D

RybatGrimes
10th Jun 2014, 21:52
I'd just like to mention how happy I am that Keeley is back as Lara in Osiris :D
VERY HAPPY

KEELEY IS BACK.

GUYS. KEELEY IS BACK.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/07b11b2132c34beb2fd056069bac6bc7/tumblr_inline_n6z3edHX4Y1qgigev.gif

DamianGraham
10th Jun 2014, 21:58
KEELEY IS BACK.

GUYS. KEELEY IS BACK.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/07b11b2132c34beb2fd056069bac6bc7/tumblr_inline_n6z3edHX4Y1qgigev.gif

Please remain calm, but.... KEELEY IS BACK! haha I'm literally so happy we can have the best of both words, cause I do like Camilla as well :) but I love Keeley, you really can have it all. Now just release it already :D

Relight-TRHQ
10th Jun 2014, 22:05
Since this thread seems to be a free-for-all on a number of subjects, I figured I'd add my first impressions. I'm sure some are already mentioned, but I didn't have time to read the whole thread yet.

1) Rise of the Planet of the Apes... er, what? So yeah, not a fan of the title.

2) Loved the trailer. The only thing is that the whole trailer felt really smooth. Like everything was just moving totally smoothly. Despite the wonderful action in the trailer, I don't feel like it has quite the punch or impact that it could have had.

3) Yes, Lara has worn a hood before... but even if the history is there, what's more important is the immediate association. Just like the title bringing to mind an immediate association with Planet of the Apes, the hooded image of Lara brings up an immediate assocation with Assassin's Creed. For that reason alone, it would have been better to go a different direction so that the game feels as unique and fresh and exciting as possible with the announcement trailer.

Rai
10th Jun 2014, 22:50
So Camilla is doing a Q&A:
Camilla Luddington ‏@camilluddington 3m

I’m doing a Tomb Raider Q&A next week. Start thinking of questions, I’ll choose 5 to answer. More details on how to submit coming soon....

RybatGrimes
10th Jun 2014, 22:59
Ya but is it all going to be her beating around the bush because she can't say one way or another or..?

AshrakAiemain
10th Jun 2014, 23:01
VERY HAPPY

Where is this confirmed?!
How did I miss this?!

PLEASE I MUST KNOW!

Rai
10th Jun 2014, 23:02
Where is this confirmed?!
How did I miss this?!

PLEASE I MUST KNOW!

From Keeley herself: https://twitter.com/Misskeeleyhawes/status/476457599387590656

Rai
11th Jun 2014, 00:48
Sorry for double post, but this thread is quiet atm. So: A novel (http://instagram.com/p/pFYUeWmf4k/#) is in the works. More info (http://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/tomb-raider-dan-abnett/1119320888?ean=9781465415479)

Didn't know where else to post it.

Metalrocks
11th Jun 2014, 01:08
My Theory:

Because I think Sam is going to die in there. And it will be Lara who kills her. And that is why she is in therapy now. And maybe RotTR will be told in some kind of flashbacks, as you say, so we experience how Lara cuts off Sam's head and stuff.

PS: I suck at explaining, I hope you understand what I mean.

also a possibility. but yes, i do hope they kiss first :D
even when we dont see sam in the trailer, doesnt mean she isnt around. we havent seen the others either. im more curious how many references they will use from the comics.
well, all we can do is keep waiting for interviews and more trailer the closer we get to release.

pomeranianpuppy
11th Jun 2014, 01:09
Sorry for double post, but this thread is quiet atm. So: A novel (http://instagram.com/p/pFYUeWmf4k/#) is in the works. More info (http://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/tomb-raider-dan-abnett/1119320888?ean=9781465415479)

Didn't know where else to post it.

WOW you wait ages for a bus... then 3 come at once :D

Treeble
11th Jun 2014, 01:13
That's been in the works for a while now. It missed last years launch date (sep 2013), then Nik Vincent was attached to the project as it changed name and now it's changed again. I actually posted about it here, but I guess I was too subtle.

Treeble
11th Jun 2014, 01:22
Actually went and looked it up:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1944852&postcount=17313

It was a shameless ruse to try and lure in clicks to my blog. Of course it didn't work out as I hoped lol, but anyway, it was in the smilie. At the time, no other place reported the existence of this novel so I wanted to run an experiment to see how long it'd take for a few certain Brazilian portals to latch onto it like they owned it.

(not unlike I did myself, I guess?)

pirate1802
11th Jun 2014, 02:34
1) Rise of the Planet of the Apes... er, what? So yeah, not a fan of the title.

:lol: Or the Dark Knight rises

Murphdawg1
11th Jun 2014, 04:05
2trTByHDhY8

So can we expect a cameo from Samuel L Jackson in the game, asking what do Tomb Raider's do?

:lol:

Metalrocks
11th Jun 2014, 04:15
well, maybe not like this but he did already host for the last one. if he is willing to do it again of course.

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
11th Jun 2014, 15:58
My Theory:

Not sure if joking or a sodomite. :scratch:

Anyway, I'm actually in favour of pretending the original TR2013 cast didn't exist. Let's say the survivors moved on with their own lives. I mean, these characters were so stereotypical and poorly written they're beyond salvaging (Reyes was annoying as all hell and Jonah flat out embarassingly generic - a noble warrior with a sixth sense blabbing about trusting your instincts and fate, how freaking original :lol:).
Bring on some new ones that are actually memorable and decent. Not too many though, the more sequences relying on Lara's solitude, the better.

Metalrocks
11th Jun 2014, 16:03

Anyway, I'm actually in favour of pretending the original TR2013 cast didn't exist. Let's say the survivors moved on with their own lives. I mean, these characters were so stereotypical and poorly written they're beyond salvaging (Reyes was annoying as all hell and Jonah flat out embarassingly generic - a noble warrior with a sixth sense blabbing about trusting your instincts and fate, how freaking original :lol:).
Bring on some new ones that are actually memorable and decent. Not too many though, the more sequences relying on Lara's solitude, the better.

thats why we should hope that they are better explained in this title. because i agree that they are poorly written. all CD has to do is to flesh out more.

AshrakAiemain
11th Jun 2014, 16:40
From Keeley herself: https://twitter.com/Misskeeleyhawes/status/476457599387590656

Whoo! Thank ya!

pirate1802
11th Jun 2014, 16:41
I think more than them being flat, the bigger problem , to me, is that they just see so damn caricatured.

The token tough black girl with the fringes (or what is that hair type called?), the token native dude with big tattoos and mohawk who talks about fate, the token sexually repressed geek guy with glasses and an ESC shirt, and the obligatory drunk Brit who likes to share his brave adventures. Its a surprise we didn't see a token latin guy among them flexing his muscles and talking in pandejos and such. They are living and breathing caricatures imo.

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
11th Jun 2014, 17:54
I think more than them being flat, the bigger problem , to me, is that they just see so damn caricatured.

The token tough black girl with the fringes (or what is that hair type called?), the token native dude with big tattoos and mohawk who talks about fate, the token sexually repressed geek guy with glasses and an ESC shirt, and the obligatory drunk Brit who likes to share his brave adventures. Its a surprise we didn't see a token latin guy among them flexing his muscles and talking in pandejos and such. They are living and breathing caricatures imo.

You've hit the nail on the head, that is an exellent point. Not only were the characters boring, generic and as sophisticated as cardboard cutouts, they had to make that offensively obvious, treating the TR audience as a bunch of five-year olds almost.
For example, there was nothing wrong with the idea of a betrayer among the survivors, but - of course - the plot makes it obvious from the very start, to make matters worse, the villain has no believable motivations, no charisma and - what a surprise - behaves like your average EVIL bad guy from an average Saturday morning cartoon.

AdobeArtist
11th Jun 2014, 20:02

sooooo, did ya get my email? :whistle:

Driber
13th Jun 2014, 10:20

You've hit the nail on the head, that is an exellent point. Not only were the characters boring, generic and as sophisticated as cardboard cutouts, they had to make that offensively obvious, treating the TR audience as a bunch of five-year olds almost.
For example, there was nothing wrong with the idea of a betrayer among the survivors, but - of course - the plot makes it obvious from the very start, to make matters worse, the villain has no believable motivations, no charisma and - what a surprise - behaves like your average EVIL bad guy from an average Saturday morning cartoon.

A betrayal of one of the surviving cast members, how freaking original. So much better than all those other cliches you make out to be mortal sins. Like that hasn't been done in like a thousand horror movies already.

Yeah, Miss Prachett sucks and CD should hire you as their chief writer. I'm sure we'll then finally get a videogame with a story of Shakespearian proportions.

sooooo, did ya get my email? :whistle:

I did indeed, ta :)

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
13th Jun 2014, 13:00
Yeah, Miss Prachett sucks and CD should hire you as their chief writer. I'm sure we'll then finally get a videogame with a story of Shakespearian proportions.

What kind of argument is that? "The Ferrari you paid a hefty sum of money for turned out to be a piece of junk, but don't you dare to complain, open up your own factory, you loser!". Who is this forum for, people who sing Crystal's praises all day? Is that what you're trying to say?

I think you're missing the point here - why should we settle for mediocrity and pretend everything's OK when it obviously isn't? Even the press raised similar concerns about the writing in the reviews (TR wasn't on the same level as Uncharted or The Last of Us even when it comes to the action-adventure genre). I want the sequel to be BETTER in this regard!

The art team did a great job for instance, they deserve all the praise they've gotten, I've mentioned it many times already (you can't say I'm bashing CD as a company for the sake of it), so why should we give the writers a pat on the back? For what, a lousy and incoherent story full of holes and characters even Uwe Boll would find hilariously bad? Would that be fair to those members of the Crystal team (like the artists) who did a GOOD job?

d1n0_xD
13th Jun 2014, 13:06
@ Phaid, I though the writing was pretty much on par with both Uncharted and The Last Of Us. Since the story is a major element of action-adventure genre, and Tomb Raider receiving high praise, I don't know what press you've been reading :scratch:

Tecstar70
13th Jun 2014, 14:03
I think you have to ask if they had spent time focusing more on the other characters would it have detracted from the aim of the game? I agree, that maybe some of the characters were shallow in dialogue etc but its not To Kill a Mockingbird, its a fantasy adventure game. While there may be plot holes and sub-par characterisations I have to ask if they were that much of a problem that they detracted from my enjoyment of playing the game. The answer (for me) is no. Of course if you pick over any video game you will find issues in this way. How much you choose to suspend your belief so they don't bother you is up to you.

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
13th Jun 2014, 14:07
@ Phaid, I though the writing was pretty much on par with both Uncharted and The Last Of Us. Since the story is a major element of action-adventure genre, and Tomb Raider receiving high praise, I don't know what press you've been reading :scratch:

Really? I don't recall anyone "praising" the characters/supporting cast or the plot, the story usually got "thumbs up" for establishing the new Lara and a new beginning for her (let's face it, this is the only thing the story does right). When even the reviewers aren't that enthusiastic, you know something's wrong.

Too many sites to quote, so let's just focus on the most important/biggest ones.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/06/wot-i-think-tomb-raider/
"While she’s surrounded by dreadful stereotypes and pantomime villains, her state of mind is gently portrayed."
"The story, which you could predict in its entirety from the opening cutscene (let’s just say that of the collection of stereotypes you have with you, none deviates from their inevitable path), doesn’t offer any reward for this obsessive control-freakery."

Gametrailers
http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/mnuh54/tomb-raider-review
"In spite of the developer’s intentions and the vulnerability displayed by the heroine in cutscenes, the game struggles to render her as believable human character."
"A few things about the new Tomb Raider come across as wasted effort. The story of Lara’s transformation is sabotaged by the gameplay, and is frankly a little dorky, with an after-school special style multi-ethnic cast filled by lame sterotypes like angry black woman and scrap-happy Scotsman. "

Gamespot
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/tomb-raider-review/1900-6405201/
"Aspects of the story that fall outside of Lara's character arc aren't as strong; there's a twist of sorts that occurs late in the game that you see coming hours ahead of time, for instance, and the central villain offers little in the way of nuance."

Eurogamer
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-25-tomb-raider-review
Lara's persona is mostly sketched out through interactions with other characters, and she comes across as likeable and believable. (...)
It's a shame the other characters don't get much screen time, and are therefore unable to move beyond archetypes like Feisty Black Chick, Nerdy White Dude, Hot Asian Babe and Dirty Foreign Rapist of Unspecified Baltic Origin.

Inside Gaming
http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2013/02/25/tomb-raider-review/
"Instead they (Crystal Dynamics) rely heavily on genre tropes and high action to carry what little character development there is. The game is filled with disappointingly one dimensional characters, lackluster combat, and jarring disconnects between action and story that make even the biggest explosions hard to care about. Though they are nice explosions."
" And it’s a good thing the rest of the crew has Lara with them because they all seem pretty incapable of accomplishing anything other than complaining and getting captured by the not-so-friendly group of cultists that happen to be inhabitants."

Even the super-easy-to-please IGN found something to complain about:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/25/tomb-raider-review-2
"The supporting cast is less developed, though. Lara herself is so well-realised that her friends and enemies feel two-dimensional by comparison."

Lest I forget - don't ever visit gaming forums like NeoGAF, even people who loved the gameplay openly admitted to hating the writing.

d1n0_xD
13th Jun 2014, 14:11
I agree about the supporting characters, but the story overall was pretty good, IMO. Either I'm stupid to not see the "story that is entirely predictable from the opening cutscene" or the story was pretty good and the supporting characters failed to stand out a bit.

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
13th Jun 2014, 14:26
I agree about the supporting characters, but the story overall was pretty good, IMO. Either I'm stupid to not see the "story that is entirely predictable from the opening cutscene" or the story was pretty good and the supporting characters failed to stand out a bit.

If you're interested, a while ago, I wrote a (lengthy) post explaining the problems I found with the plot&writing in detail:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=137779

Warning: I was so disappointed with the story my anger sort of trickled into the text and heavily influenced my choice of words, don't pay much attention to the tone of that post.
Someone can say: it's just a video game, relax. Sure, maybe I would be much more forgiving had Crystal refrained from shoving the story down the player's throat. They chose the opposite, and when you do such a thing, you'd better ensure the story is really good. In TR, it really wasn't.

Metalrocks
13th Jun 2014, 14:34

agreed about the story. i think it was well enough written. obviously predictable about lara but the mystery on the island was good enough that you wnat to find out whats going on.

but the side characters must be better explained this time. in TR9 i absolutely did not care for any of them who died. i was really hoping that the other survivors will be better explained.

Tecstar70
13th Jun 2014, 14:37
If you're interested, a while ago, I wrote a (lengthy) post explaining the problems I found with the plot&writing in detail:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=137779

Warning: I was so disappointed with the story my anger sort of trickled into the text and heavily influenced my choice of words, don't pay much attention to the tone of that post.
Someone can say: it's just a video game, relax. Sure, maybe I would be much more forgiving had Crystal refrained from shoving the story down the player's throat. They chose the opposite, and when you do such a thing, you'd better ensure the story is really good. In TR, it really wasn't.

LOL. had a good laugh at some of the plot holes!

Driber
14th Jun 2014, 12:53
What kind of argument is that? "The Ferrari you paid a hefty sum of money for turned out to be a piece of junk, but don't you dare to complain, open up your own factory, you loser!". Who is this forum for, people who sing Crystal's praises all day? Is that what you're trying to say?

What kind of an analogy is that? When did I ever say people can't complain? And what's this about the forum being for praising only? Have you not seen the massive amount of critical posts here during the past 1.5 years since release of TR9? Are you seriously that sensitive to being called out on your nonsense that you have to resort to these ridiculous exaggerations and straw men arguments?

My argument was crystal clear - you complain about cliches and you're offering up another cliche as the remedy. That was my one and only point. Nothing to do with "not being able to criticise" wherever you got that crazy idea from.

I'm fine with people complaining about the writing, or any other aspect of the game (why wouldn't I be? are you going to call me a dev sock puppet next?), but when their criticism is combined with downright arrogance, don't expect to be handled with velvet cloves.

If you're gonna throw punches, don't go crying if you receive a few moderate pokes back :p

I think you're missing the point here - why should we settle for mediocrity and pretend everything's OK when it obviously isn't? Even the press raised similar concerns about the writing in the reviews (TR wasn't on the same level as Uncharted or The Last of Us even when it comes to the action-adventure genre). I want the sequel to be BETTER in this regard!

Well many people did like the story, including people from the press. Case in point the first few replies you received to your post up there :whistle:

Don't try to paint a picture like every single press outlet 100% agrees with your extremely cynical POV about the story.

Yeah, I know how some people love to compare every story driven game with TLOU these days. So another game has better writing in the opinion of some people - big whoop. TLOU isn't the end-all of stories, either. There are stories out there that dwarf TLOU. You're always going to find something better if you look hard enough.

(Cue smart-ass comment "oh don't worry, no one has to look hard for something better when it comes to TR9" :p)

The art team did a great job for instance, they deserve all the praise they've gotten, I've mentioned it many times already (you can't say I'm bashing CD as a company for the sake of it)

I have not much as even hinted at such a thing, so I don't know why you would even bring it up.

so why should we give the writers a pat on the back?

When did I say you have to give writers a pat on the back? Again, a straw men argument.

For what, a lousy and incoherent story full of holes and characters even Uwe Boll would find hilariously bad?

Wow, Roger Ebert, is that you? :p

Would that be fair to those members of the Crystal team (like the artists) who did a GOOD job?

I fail to see the logic in your hypothetical of patting the writers on the back and at the same time praising other devs for their work (e.g. Brian & co. for the art) supposedly being "unfair".

Please explain how that would work, exactly...

d1n0_xD
14th Jun 2014, 13:35
Bioshock Infinite had a better story than TLOU, IMO. And I loved TLOU. :p

Phaid_Min6Char_Sigh
14th Jun 2014, 16:42
My argument was crystal clear - you complain about cliches and you're offering up another cliche as the remedy. That was my one and only point.

Pray tell Driber, WHERE exactly did I "offer up another cliche as the remedy" (?). :scratch:
I said there is "nothing wrong with the idea of using a cliche" as long as it's done well.
There are good guys, there are villains, there are princesses and kings. It's all been done to death, sure. However, you can keep those cliches interesting or put a spin on them to keep them fresh. TR 2013 didn't bother, the execution of the idea left a lot to be desired.

I'm fine with people complaining about the writing, or any other aspect of the game (why wouldn't I be? are you going to call me a dev sock puppet next?), but when their criticism is combined with downright arrogance

Arrogance? I'm at a loss for words, what do you expect me to do, sugarcoat every single word or post immediate apologies with flowers to boot? :flowers: :D
I love you all, believe me. I'm serious. I never try to offend anyone, but I want the sequel to be a better game. On the other hand, I doubt the members of the Crystal team even bother to read these boards, so...

If you're gonna throw punches, don't go crying if you receive a few moderate pokes back :p

I don't recall ever offending anyone or looking for a "fight" my dear friend Driber, I merely have developed a habit of calling a spade a spade, but that's not a crime last time I checked...

Well many people did like the story, including people from the press. Case in point the first few replies you received to your post up there :whistle:

I've noticed that even more folks did NOT like the story or at least considered it merely "acceptable", and pretty much NONE liked how the characters got portrayed, including the reviewers. :scratch:

Don't try to paint a picture like every single press outlet 100% agrees with your extremely cynical POV about the story.

Hey, it wasn't ME who claimed the press "PRAISED THE STORY". I merely provided evidence to the contrary.

Yeah, I know how some people love to compare every story driven game with TLOU these days. So another game has better writing in the opinion of some people - big whoop. TLOU isn't the end-all of stories, either. There are stories out there that dwarf TLOU. You're always going to find something better if you look hard enough.

Oh, absolutely. TLOU isn't some kind of golden standard to follow (I'd describe it as "competent and self-aware") and it's definitely not Planescape Torment, for example. I used that example due to the genre similarities in order to illustrate my point that there are action-adventure games with much better writing - so, no reason to give Crystal a pass for underdelivering in this area.

Wow, Roger Ebert, is that you?

Oh come on Driber, if you're trying to tell me that characters like Whitman, Grimaldi, Alex, Jonah were anything but bland and embarassing, the relationship between Lara and Roth was well developed or that the simplistic "plot twist" concerning Sam's purpose even a monkey could see coming from a mile away (but not Lara, until the very end of the game :rolleyes:) is some kind of pinnacle of storytelling (and remember, it was Crystal themselves who promised a "mature" story and kept hyping it pre-release!), we'll just have to disagree.
I've seen cartoons for little children which were better written and much more mature than this.
This is Crystal's fault, sorry. They knew the script was pure crap, yet kept pretending it was anything but until the release day.

I fail to see the logic in your hypothetical of patting the writers on the back and at the same time praising other devs for their work (e.g. Brian & co. for the art) supposedly being "unfair".

Brian & co. did a wonderful job, they deserve a raise.
The writers did not deliver a good script, no reason to pretend the game didn't suffer because of it.

Jurre
15th Jun 2014, 19:55
So a little while ago I gave my first impressions on the trailers... I guess now that I have seen them again in high quality I can give my second impressions:

I can now see how beautiful the Rise trailer is: the facial animations on the shrink, the lighting, the sparks from the pickaxe sliding down the rocks; it's all very impressive.

Thematically however, I still find the trailer very boring.

Sure, there is this enormous enthousiasm inside of me that makes me want to jump up and down in my seat, but that is only because of the fact that I've finally got something on TR10. And honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that is actually the case for a lot of people: there's little to be enthousiastic about in the trailer itself: but it is the first sign of a new game that we finally got after a very long time of tedious waiting, and that in of itself is something to get exited about.

But really, Lara on the couch with docter Freud; 'tell me about your mother and all that...', I just don't find it very engaging at all. You got some people saying that it shows her humanity and deepens her character and all that... valid points I guess, but I don't have to like it being done that way, and I don't... Maybe it will be okay in the actual game; I don't know... It depends on how it will be done. But that's kinda the thing: this trailer says very little about the game that it advertizes... So I don't know what to feel about it, other than wanting to be optimistic and enthousiastic...

The Temple of Osiris trailer is much clearer about what we're going to get and I like what I see :thumb: Especially after Scott Amos' 14 minute long stage demo I am very exited to play this Egyptian styled GOL-kind of game of which is exactly what I wanted and what I in fact suggested on several occasions on this board... (I think in my suggestion the game was called: 'Lara Croft and the Guardian of Anubis :D I surely got the cheesiness of the title right, hehehe!)

d1n0_xD
15th Jun 2014, 20:04
^ That's why I consider it a teaser trailer, they announced the game, showed us a little something, they haven't told us much info-vise... TToO is full of gameplay footage so it's easier to know what to expect... We'll just have to wait and see more :D

Murphdawg1
15th Jun 2014, 20:28
^ That's why I consider it a teaser trailer, they announced the game, showed us a little something, they haven't told us much info-vise... TToO is full of gameplay footage so it's easier to know what to expect... We'll just have to wait and see more :D

Correct, annoucement trailers rarely show very much at all.

Driber
15th Jun 2014, 22:51
Pray tell Driber, WHERE exactly did I "offer up another cliche as the remedy" (?). :scratch:

Second quote in my first post of our chain of exchanges: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=2012813&postcount=234

I said there is "nothing wrong with the idea of using a cliche" as long as it's done well.

No, you said something different. If you wrote what you just wrote above, then I wouldn't have disagreed with it, because I have nothing against using cliches per se, either.

There are good guys, there are villains, there are princesses and kings. It's all been done to death, sure. However, you can keep those cliches interesting or put a spin on them to keep them fresh. TR 2013 didn't bother, the execution of the idea left a lot to be desired.

I don't disagree that TR9 could have been stronger, story wise. What I'm saying is that some of the strong adjectives you've used to ridicule the writers isn't very fair.

The way you just now put it ("TR 2013 didn't bother, the execution of the idea left a lot to be desired.") is a lot nicer :)

Arrogance? I'm at a loss for words, what do you expect me to do, sugarcoat every single word or post immediate apologies with flowers to boot? :flowers: :D
I love you all, believe me. I'm serious. I never try to offend anyone, but I want the sequel to be a better game.

lol no, I don't expect you to sugercoat everything, nor post apologies after every sentence. God knows I don't exactly sugarcoat my opinions all the time either, heh :whistle: I just mentioned the arrogance bit in the context: if you're gonna be arrogant, expect people to challenge you.

And I wasn't even offended, don't worry :)

On the other hand, I doubt the members of the Crystal team even bother to read these boards, so...

You'd be surprised how much the devs lurk here ;)

I don't recall ever offending anyone or looking for a "fight" my dear friend Driber, I merely have developed a habit of calling a spade a spade, but that's not a crime last time I checked...

No, it's not, and I in fact like it when people are being straight forward and challenge others' points of view, including my own.

The only reason I said "If you're gonna throw punches, don't go crying if you receive a few moderate pokes back :p" was because at the first sign of having your POV challenged, you immediately went into persecuted mode and cried "Who is this forum for, people who sing Crystal's praises all day?" (link (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=2012861&postcount=235)).

I've noticed that even more folks did NOT like the story or at least considered it merely "acceptable", and pretty much NONE liked how the characters got portrayed, including the reviewers. :scratch:

A case of confirmation bias, perhaps? There have been many raving reviews as well.

And you shouldn't lump in "acceptable" with your much stronger POV that it was "embarrassing", "lousy", "poor", "pure crap", etc. That's unfairly trying to get the numbers on your side :p

Hey, it wasn't ME who claimed the press "PRAISED THE STORY". I merely provided evidence to the contrary.

I haven't seen anyone claiming that the press unilaterally "PRAISED THE STORY". If they did, then they are wrong. Just like you are wrong if you're trying to claim that the press has been unilaterally on your side, which is the other extreme.

Oh, absolutely. TLOU isn't some kind of golden standard to follow (I'd describe it as "competent and self-aware") and it's definitely not Planescape Torment, for example. I used that example due to the genre similarities in order to illustrate my point that there are action-adventure games with much better writing - so, no reason to give Crystal a pass for underdelivering in this area.

We keep coming back to the strong adjectives you've used and why we're having this debate. If you're going to call the writing "embarrassing", "lousy", "poor", "pure crap", etc, combined with many mocking remarks (see your posts on the first couple of pages in this thread) towards the writers, and on top of that make jabs at the writers by making these cheap comparisons "look, ND is able to do it, so why can't you?" then can you really blame people for seeing arrogance in your posts and taking offense with the tone of your posts?

Oh come on Driber, if you're trying to tell me that characters like Whitman, Grimaldi, Alex, Jonah were anything but bland and embarassing, the relationship between Lara and Roth was well developed or that the simplistic "plot twist" concerning Sam's purpose even a monkey could see coming from a mile away (but not Lara, until the very end of the game :rolleyes:) is some kind of pinnacle of storytelling (and remember, it was Crystal themselves who promised a "mature" story and kept hyping it pre-release!), we'll just have to disagree.
I've seen cartoons for little children which were better written and much more mature than this.
This is Crystal's fault, sorry. They knew the script was pure crap, yet kept pretending it was anything but until the release day.

The story and characters were neither Shakespeare nor "pure crap". You seem to proudly distance yourself from what you call "mindless fanboys", yet you're just as bad for going to the other extreme of the spectrum of fandom - being an overly cynical and bitter "hardcore fan".

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression you're giving off during the past week since you've been active in this forum section :whistle:

(but not Lara, until the very end of the game :rolleyes:)

You do realize that this could be done intentionally, right? The person observing the unfolding of a story is sometimes meant to "see" things that a character in the story does not see. That's part of storytelling.

(and remember, it was Crystal themselves who promised a "mature" story and kept hyping it pre-release!)

This particular piece of criticism is just nonsensical. Are you seriously blaming the devs more because they promised a good story? Well golly gee, I guess devs should just stop being positive about the games they are creating, right? I mean, god forbid their opinion on their game is not being shared with some people, they will then have to eat their opinions :nut:

OF COURSE devs are going to say that they will have a good story in their new game. EVERY dev will say that. Who on earth would like to buy a game from a dev that DOESN'T stand behind their product? That would be crazy.

Oh wow, I didn't realize you were in bed with the devs so much that you even know what's inside their mind. I'm sorry I doubted your credibility, you obviously know much more inside information than us poor peasants :p

Brian & co. did a wonderful job, they deserve a raise.
The writers did not deliver a good script, no reason to pretend the game didn't suffer because of it.

If Brian and co. deserve a raise, the writers deserve a double raise and a freaking bonus :D

- The story of TR9 was one of the biggest driving factors of the reboot.

- TR9 sold 6.5 million copies so far.

- TR9 was the best launch in the entire history of the franchise.

- TR9 firmly placed the dying franchise back on the map in the videogame world.

.....nuff said :cool:

Valenka
15th Jun 2014, 23:25
- The story of TR9 was one of the biggest driving factors of the reboot.

- TR9 sold 6.5 million copies so far.

- TR9 was the best launch in the entire history of the franchise.

- TR9 firmly placed the dying franchise back on the map in the videogame world.

Not to mention it did so with numerous things that didn't make logical sense; TR9 was just THAT good. :thumb: