PDA

View Full Version : Why not coop ? (With ICA agents,not 47)

mm24
8th Jun 2014, 05:48
Hi,

First sorry for my bad english,

I had a idea, why we don't put a little coop missions with randoms ICA agents, not wiht 47 of course.

Look at Portal 2, the campaign is great and the coop is a good add. IO could add mission with 6 targets where 2 players have to take them out. Even better, we could make a 1 vs 1, where a ICA agent and a Franchise agent have the sameS targetS, but who will kill them first (loud = game over of course)? If the size of the level is as IO promized, then I don't think it will be a problem.

Striike
10th Jun 2014, 19:47
Because it detracts from the single player experience. Hitman should remain a Hitman game, that's why we are fans. What you describe would be a fun game, just not a Hitman game.

Striike
10th Jun 2014, 19:49
I realized I may be too harsh. Using your idea with Contracts mode would be a nice addition, as long as it doesn't affect the single player experience.

mm24
11th Jun 2014, 06:09
I realized I may be too harsh. Using your idea with Contracts mode would be a nice addition, as long as it doesn't affect the single player experience.

I totally agree, I don't want coop affect the singleplayer, this is why I quote Portal 2

Itsrob
11th Jun 2014, 16:49
Because it detracts from the single player experience. Hitman should remain a Hitman game, that's why we are fans. What you describe would be a fun game, just not a Hitman game.

^ This. I feel that the game should at its core be a single player Hitman game with 47 taking out a target, such a co-op mode may distract from that and sort of blur the lines. Imo, contracts mode is the best possible multiplayer mode they could come up with for a Hitman game.

kewlak
11th Jun 2014, 18:34
Gameplay without main character? Hitman works alone, unfortunately (or rather fortunately).

mm24
11th Jun 2014, 19:35
I am talking about Specific levels with ICA agents, not making a full coop game.

Itsrob
11th Jun 2014, 20:50
I am talking about Specific levels with ICA agents, not making a full coop game.

I know.

semajmarc87
13th Jun 2014, 05:58
There could be online/offline COOP maps that are separate from the single player like in most Splinter Cell games. Two agents could carry out "hits" that require teamwork. Example: Agent A would have to make his way to the top of a well-guarded building with his sniper. Meanwhile, Agent B would have to find a way to infiltrate the target's mansion and then lure the target outside so Agent A could snipe him from far away.

S3R6i0
13th Jun 2014, 07:11
Hitman is a very personal, solitary game. I don't think we need to be forcing this social marketing trend down it's throat. I'm not part of the financial department at Square Enix, so naturally, that decision isn't up to me, but enough of forcing Hitman to be something it's not. Whatever it is it'll be a disaster. Co-op is just a bad idea.

mcescher1
16th Jun 2014, 05:01
i think im ok with co-op... i am just not sure how it would be done so that it still works with the story...

maybe an assistant clone is assigned with 47 or something... or victoria is used as a partner ...

idk

something that doesn't ruin the plot and makes it possible for multiplayers im ok with

mm24
16th Jun 2014, 06:30
i think im ok with co-op... i am just not sure how it would be done so that it still works with the story...

maybe an assistant clone is assigned with 47 or something... or victoria is used as a partner ...

idk

something that doesn't ruin the plot and makes it possible for multiplayers im ok with

Or something very simple, two ICA agents (the orgazinatin that hired 47)

I don't understand why you'r aigainst, they could do like GTA V : releasing the solo first then the online, with coop and huge maps, we could make a team like in "The murders of crows" in Hitman Blood Money, or much more.