PDA

View Full Version : The Fans have it right on Hitman

Stevo91186
29th May 2014, 15:27
Hitman is my all-time favorite series ever.

What I've noticed over the years is that a very large majority of us old time fan's agree with almost everything that was good about the series. Every single release had something that stood out.

Hitman 2: Everything you did was noted based on play style; Stealth and Aggressive. The first game I ever played where creativity rewarded the player with a better experience.

Contracts: More choices, amazing soundtrack. Sadistic enemies you WANTED to put down.

Blood Money: Improvement of all of the above. My favorite game of all time. Prime example of near perfection.

Absolution: Amazing gun play

Looking at these traits you can see what needs to happen!
The top 3 biggest mistakes made in Absolution?

1 The most obvious - linear campaign.
This one is so obvious it's being guaranteed a fix in the next game. Like all the other fan's; we cannot stress this enough, not only should you make it sandboxy, there should be no linear missions at all.. ever.
2.Where did the Safe House go?!?!?!
The safe house was the trophy room of the assassin. Why it was taken out I have no idea. Not only should it be brought back, there should be elements added to it. The safe house should BE the achievement list. There should be no achievement list like other games, just the safe house. The safe house is where you went to replay all those missions with the new toys you found!
3. Soundtrack- Kyd

A nice 47 vs 47 online play wouldn't hurt either. I always wanted to do this.

Some new ideas you may or may not have thought of (old ideas of mine never shared online)
- Harder to follow targets - For example, manipulating things like vehicles and the ability to block exits and realistic distractions (door locks, start a fire in a waste basket). Small easy gimmicks that can cause the player incredible chaos or prove an advantage. Your players want to have to think.
-Feign Death: Given you have actually FINALLY given your players a positive reason to be bloodthirsty in their hits, faking your own death out of the sight of guards can give you that twinkle of an edge.
-Actual hand to hand combat: No more sequenced fighting, IT GETS IN THE WAY OF THE GAME! If this is too much of a difficulty then don't put it in the game at all. Melee toggle makes more sense than instinct toggling on absolution!

kewlak
29th May 2014, 18:38
Good ideas.
My thoughts:

- It would be cool if 47 could steal keys and closeing some doors to don't let guards discover bodies (something like in "The Death of Hannelore" from Silent Assassin)

- One of not many things i liked in Absolution was hiding. I mean if you was disguised as janitor you could clean floor etc. It was very realistic and clever. In my opinion it could be in Hitman 6 as well

- If 47 has a disguise covering whole his body and face, guards recognises him even then? This bug was in H2, H3 and now in Absolution. Please, IOI: get rid of it once and for all.

- Guards should have their own memory. For example when 47 is passing by the same guard but in different outfit than first time - he should recognise him (or chance to recognise should be higher)

- Back of notoriety system.

Stevo91186
30th May 2014, 17:06
- It would be cool if 47 could steal keys and closeing some doors to don't let guards discover bodies (something like in "The Death of Hannelore" from Silent Assassin)

- If 47 has a disguise covering whole his body and face, guards recognises him even then? This bug was in H2, H3 and now in Absolution. Please, IOI: get rid of it once and for all.

- Guards should have their own memory. For example when 47 is passing by the same guard but in different outfit than first time - he should recognise him (or chance to recognise should be higher)

-That is exactly what I'm getting at as far as the keys and locking doors.

-Face covering disguises when appropriate? ABSOLUTELY! I forgot about this, probably because I'm used to it... but it needs to go.

-I have wished for guards having their own memory since H2. Are they willing to do this? It depends on their dedication. There is no way it would hinder the experience at all.

Itsrob
30th May 2014, 18:36
Another fundamental flaw of Absolution to me was the disguise\instinct system. They need to bring back the old disguise system\suspicion meter next to health, none of that jedi mind trick stuff.

AdrianShephard
30th May 2014, 22:28
* Bring back the disguise system from blood money .. or don't put disguise system at all because it was useless in absolution.Blood money had the best disguise system.. If u are wearing a disguise ,no matter where you go nothing will happen, and that is The most relaxing feeling in a hitman game,and we can easily get a silent assassin rating.Wearing a disguise and still hiding and changing cover to cover does not mean a damn thing to me.Only if the half naked body is left in plain sight,then the guards should become suspicious. ( Hate the disguise system from absolution, u have to keep using that instinct to hide your face like sissy girl)

I agree with most of what you said except for this. Blood Money's system was way too lenient. You were basically home free if you got the appropriate disguise...no challenge whatsoever. I think there should be a blend of Hitman 2 and Blood Money for the disguise system. That way if you hang around for a long time (much longer than in Absolution), guards will begin to get suspicious. Also, running in circles or otherwise acting like a douche will get you shot.

You were spot on with everything else.

kewlak
31st May 2014, 00:24
I agree with almost everything, especially:

* Be able to Close doors and lids, but there should be realistic animation of closing and opening the doors and lids etc .. (not like that u press Open and everything just snaps open, thats very unrealistic)

* Bring back looking through the KEYHOLE Option.

* the throwing knives (and other tools) system from blood money ,, the animations also from blood money, i like it more than that of absolution because in absolution it is limited to the head,you can only throw the knife towards the head.. but you can aim and target any part of the body in blood money.

But:

- There's no need to add stealth open door option or reloading. Too many realism isn't good neither. Especially that 47 has no reason to open door loudly. Anyways i think you can't reload gun completely soundless in real life, or to open door soundless if it creaks.

- Customization is good, but in my opinion there's no need to change hardballers' color or to buy new disguises or even tie or suit. Don't overdo, it isn't the Sims :)

- magic pockets should be annihilated

SancLunatic
2nd Jun 2014, 22:31
Man the worst part about playing Hitman Absolution is knowing as I play some awesome levels like the Cornfield, Chinatown, or that main street where you kill those dudes at the auto shop - You just know those levels would have been dozens of times more fun in Blood Money.

The_Nozzle
3rd Jun 2014, 17:54
Man the worst part about playing Hitman Absolution is knowing as I play some awesome levels like the Cornfield, Chinatown, or that main street where you kill those dudes at the auto shop - You just know those levels would have been dozens of times more fun in Blood Money.

This times 1,000.

The first scene in China town got me so amped. Then I played it and wished someone would remake it as a mod for blood money.

S3R6i0
4th Jun 2014, 08:09
Magic pockets need to go. Hitman is a stealth game, and the whole idea is to make moving from point A to point B challenging. Another important aspect is noise, I don't understand what 47 needs with a machine gun, a bazooka and 25 grenades. Managing your inventory and making trade-offs is half the fun in Hitman. I understand that complete realism isn't always fun but if wreaking mayhem and blowing ***** up is your thing, Hitman is not the game for that.

Stevo91186
4th Jun 2014, 13:29
Magic pockets is an obviously bad thing like everyone is saying. I just ignored this completely in Absolution to be honest.

I never bothered in picking up every item I came across. I set my plan and used the few tools I needed to get it sorted out and done.
It stands out the most when you use a sniper rifle, but again, the only time I used a sniper rifle was right at specific points. If magic pockets didn't exist in Absolution.. I would have just thrown the sniper rifle down anyways.

But pretending it isn't there isn't quite good enough.

Another idea I didn't share in the OP is the idea of setting up a deceptive attack.
What I mean by deceptive attack?
Imagine the scenario where your target is wanted by another party. You disguise yourself as a member of that third party to do one of two things:
One: Simply the ability do openly attack.
Two: Create chaos 47 can control.
If the player messes this up, he loses silent assassin and pretty much gets killed.
This gives the player the freedom to break from the usual stealth and another option for hitting the mark. Not to mention its always fun as hell. :D

kewlak
4th Jun 2014, 13:40
Magic pockets need to go. Hitman is a stealth game, and the whole idea is to make moving from point A to point B challenging. Another important aspect is noise, I don't understand what 47 needs with a machine gun, a bazooka and 25 grenades. Managing your inventory and making trade-offs is half the fun in Hitman. I understand that complete realism isn't always fun but if wreaking mayhem and blowing ***** up is your thing, Hitman is not the game for that.

Sometimes (after dozen beatings the game with SA rating) i liked just pick up M60 and kill everyone from the area >: D . Presence of heavy guns no always ruins game stealthiness, and player should choose his own way (but no, i don't want bazooka or grenades, it would be overkill).
By the way moving from point A to point B in Absolution without killing any target was boring. It's good to play one or two such missions in whole game, but no as many as in Abso. Welcome back, banned one ;)

kewlak
4th Jun 2014, 13:51
Magic pockets have to disappear, because Hitman is a stealth game, where you have to think!
Example: you can't take sniper rifle in some location because guards would see you. You have to THINK to figure out this problem. Magic pockets ruin it.

kennj4
4th Jun 2014, 14:43
* Instead of just hiding bodies.. cleaning blood on the floor and cleaning the blood splatters on the walls, removing any evidence or proof like a watch or glasses or something.( Tons of Blood disappearing itself is unrealistic , and even if we hide the body but there is a lot of blood ,the guards are alerted , so there should be way to get rid of it)

* if there is mud or blood on agent 47 then people around and the guards start to look at 47 and come close to him and ask questions or talk to him and we would be able to go to the bathroom and remove any dirt/mud/blood, and after that everything cools down.

* If there is blood on a knife/hammer or a gun then the player should be able to clean it.

I agree with pretty much everything on your list. Especially bringing back the sedative syringe and body bags should be a must. But sorry 47 is NOT a ******* maid; nor do I ever want to see him become one.
It's hard enough to have to sneak past guards to shoot a guy in the head, drag his body across the room, pick a lock, pull the door open, pick the guy back up, squeeze his carcass in the corner, sneak out, close the door behind you, hop out the window a split second before the guard walks back in, and then onto the next target(s). Now you want to have to sneak into the kitchen or a laundry room to get a bottle of Clorox and paper towels to clean up after the guy? No thanks. Why not do the dishes, vacuum the rugs and make their beds while you're at it? Unless you have some super awesome playing skills, and you can pull it off. That's great. I don't think I could.
He squashed his pet canary with his hands, for no reason. I don't think a little mud or a drop of blood on someone else's hammer is going to bother him to much. And what if the cops decide to call in a CSI team to spray Luminol? What if they put crime scene tape around the building?

Another thing I never want to see again is 47 dressed up in camo commando gear carrying around a huge machine gun like he's a special ops Rambo. 47 should just be what he is; a hired contract killer "removing" certain individuals, and surveillance videos/incriminating photos etc. Striving for silent assassination. Reading about it the next day in the newspaper, tablet, laptop, some random internet news site etc. He should never be anywhere near a machine gun imo.

S3R6i0
4th Jun 2014, 22:51
Sometimes (after dozen beatings the game with SA rating) i liked just pick up M60 and kill everyone from the area >: D . Presence of heavy guns no always ruins game stealthiness, and player should choose his own way (but no, i don't want bazooka or grenades, it would be overkill).
By the way moving from point A to point B in Absolution without killing any target was boring. It's good to play one or two such missions in whole game, but no as many as in Abso. Welcome back, banned one ;)

Everything you just said is possible in Hitman without resorting to magic pockets. Going on a shooting spree, for example, just add a machine gun to your load out or take one off an enemy. The point is the weapon is procured on site and you're not walking in with it visible or hidden up your @$$. Aren't you the one who made a giant stink about boss battles, that Hitman was a stealth first and all this other nonsense, and now you wanna play deranged gunman. I don't recall saying that killing in Hitman should be removed, when I was talking about point A to point B. It's so good to be back. :nut:

AdrianShephard
5th Jun 2014, 00:09
Another thing I never want to see again is 47 dressed up in camo commando gear carrying around a huge machine gun like he's a special ops Rambo.

I don't know if you're making reference to the jungle levels in C:47 but I really liked them. Sometimes, especially in the poorer countries, 47 can't just wear his nice expensive suit (think about it...nice guy in a suit in the middle of some native people); he needs to wear something that doesn't draw attention...he is a silent assassin after all. If he absolutely must wear camo for a mission, so be it. It doesn't automatically make him Rambo if he does.

SancLunatic
5th Jun 2014, 02:15
I prefer a suitcase, a box of roses, a catering tray, a cake, or a gift basket to magic pockets. :D

kennj4
5th Jun 2014, 03:49
I don't know if you're making reference to the jungle levels in C:47 but I really liked them. Sometimes, especially in the poorer countries, 47 can't just wear his nice expensive suit (think about it...nice guy in a suit in the middle of some native people); he needs to wear something that doesn't draw attention...he is a silent assassin after all. If he absolutely must wear camo for a mission, so be it. It doesn't automatically make him Rambo if he does.

which mission are you referring to? As far as Absolution, I think Burn and Absolution, where you have to take out Jade was Bull****. I'd much rather stalk through "high end" atmospheres, dressed in business attire, suit and tie, than a some jungle in a 3rd world country about to blow up the world dressed up with a huge helmet, xtra large bullet proof body armor and jungle boots up to the knees.... Not dumb it down to reach the knuckle draggers of the world. Even though I really enjoyed sniping the Shiek in HM2. But walking through the streets of India personally I could do without....

S3R6i0
5th Jun 2014, 07:37
which mission are you referring to? As far as Absolution, I think Burn and Absolution, where you have to take out Jade was Bull****. I'd much rather stalk through "high end" atmospheres, dressed in business attire, suit and tie, than a some jungle in a 3rd world country about to blow up the world dressed up with a huge helmet, xtra large bullet proof body armor and jungle boots up to the knees.... Not dumb it down to reach the knuckle draggers of the world. Even though I really enjoyed sniping the Shiek in HM2. But walking through the streets of India personally I could do without....

The jungle doesn't necessarily equate Rambo attire. And when was the last time you stepped out from your basement for some fresh air. You seem to have a problem with nature or anything that isn't artificial.

I think a jungle/forest environment drives the point home that 47 is the world's best assassin. If he can hang in the jungle with the special forces he can definitely complete assignments in civilization.

Also, if you keep the same familiar environment for too long it becomes stale. I, personally would like a jungle level. In a game like Hitman it will be a fresh concept. In particular I want 47 dressed in a guile suit - basically a sniper who looks like a giant bush, with camo paint. Maybe for the first part of the level 47 has to sneak through the forest without being eaten alive by tigers or crocodiles. Then he can trap a snake and throw it at en enemy later as an "accident". Along the way maybe he can sneak up on enemy snipers and take them out silently.

The classy, stylish levels are cool but too much of anything is bad. Everything is better in small doses.

kewlak
5th Jun 2014, 08:07
Aren't you the one who made a giant stink about boss battles, that Hitman was a stealth first and all this other nonsense, and now you wanna play deranged gunman.
Sure, instigator -.-

S3R6i0
5th Jun 2014, 08:22
Instigate this.

kewlak
5th Jun 2014, 11:11
What?

kennj4
5th Jun 2014, 12:18
The jungle doesn't necessarily equate Rambo attire. And when was the last time you stepped out from your basement for some fresh air. You seem to have a problem with nature or anything that isn't artificial.

I think a jungle/forest environment drives the point home that 47 is the world's best assassin. If he can hang in the jungle with the special forces he can definitely complete assignments in civilization.

Also, if you keep the same familiar environment for too long it becomes stale. I, personally would like a jungle level. In a game like Hitman it will be a fresh concept. In particular I want 47 dressed in a guile suit - basically a sniper who looks like a giant bush, with camo paint. Maybe for the first part of the level 47 has to sneak through the forest without being eaten alive by tigers or crocodiles. Then he can trap a snake and throw it at en enemy later as an "accident". Along the way maybe he can sneak up on enemy snipers and take them out silently.

The classy, stylish levels are cool but too much of anything is bad. Everything is better in small doses.

Sounds like Call of Duty or Black ops is more your style. Just another generic war game for simpletons.

hardy47
5th Jun 2014, 14:37
hi guys its my 1st comment just wanted to say i love the forum

AdrianShephard
5th Jun 2014, 19:39

Also, if you keep the same familiar environment for too long it becomes stale.

You nailed it.

AdrianShephard
5th Jun 2014, 19:47
Sounds like Call of Duty or Black ops is more your style. Just another generic war game for simpletons.

Just because he likes a little variety doesn't mean he wants "another generic war game". He has a good point: if 47 always does his hits in high end parties etc., the game gets boring. There's nothing "exotic" about another fancy hotel. It's also not going against any lore if he does happen to get a ghillie suit and take out targets...it just cements the fact that he is the most reliable assassin.

I will definitely not get the game if we get more missions that have a similar aesthetic style to Hope from Absolution. The whole place was too bland for my liking (the grainy graphics didn't help either).

Hitman C:47 was awesome because of how varied the missions were. Play the game if you haven't and you'll see.

S3R6i0
6th Jun 2014, 07:45
I would also like to see time system ..and the conversion of day into night and night into day ( like GTA.. This is the only thing i would like to see from gta because i want to see level designs both in day and night time).. Just imagine if we were able to play a new life mission in the night time (during the birthday party) .. And a personal contract from absolution (just like they showed in the trailer ).. It would have been reaally awsome ..

And we should be able to turn this feature off (in case if someone doesn't like it )

And we also should have the choice (before the mission starts)... That whether we want to approach the mission in the morning ,afternoon, evening or in the night time

I don't know about that. Certain levels look better during certain times of the day. For example: A New Life, part of the appeal of that level, at least for me, was the weather and time of day, particularly what appeared to be a filter. It was daylight, but it wasn't blinding. Other levels like You Better Watch Out!, Murder of Crows or The Meat King Party simply wouldn't work during the day.

The other thing is that Hitman actually takes place in real time. I wouldn't like to see the sun rising right as I'm sneaking up behind my victim. GTA has a 24 hour (converted) time system because the city IS the level and it's never ending.

S3R6i0
6th Jun 2014, 08:23

Sounds like generalizing things is your style. Call of Duty is a FPS action game having nothing to do with stealth.

kennj4
6th Jun 2014, 22:29
Sounds like generalizing things is your style. Call of Duty is a FPS action game having nothing to do with stealth.

And you like twisting my words around and being an all around dbag.

Adebisi
7th Jun 2014, 12:28

Not trying to be a dick, but that would be one of the last things I'd want to see in a Hitman game. I understand what you're going for, but I think that's more suited to a different character and title, not 47. No doubting it would be a fresh concept, but personally I would cringe if that was in there. That sounds more like action game elements. Not saying the setting couldn't be done, just the whole bit about tigers and trying to avoid being eaten in the jungle I could do without.

In my opinion 47 is at his best when walking around in high end atmospheres, and I'd love to see him in the streets of Paris, or in a small Italian town. I'd lose my **** seeing him sitting at a table drinking coffee outside a small Parisian cafe to begin a mission. Or track someone to a cafe, and try to poison their coffee before it gets delivered to them. But again, just because that's what I want, doesn't mean it would suit 47, not entirely sure it would.

AdrianShephard
7th Jun 2014, 17:03
Not trying to be a dick, but that would be one of the last things I'd want to see in a Hitman game. I understand what you're going for, but I think that's more suited to a different character and title, not 47. No doubting it would be a fresh concept, but personally I would cringe if that was in there. That sounds more like action game elements. Not saying the setting couldn't be done, just the whole bit about tigers and trying to avoid being eaten in the jungle I could do without.

In my opinion 47 is at his best when walking around in high end atmospheres, and I'd love to see him in the streets of Paris, or in a small Italian town. I'd lose my **** seeing him sitting at a table drinking coffee outside a small Parisian cafe to begin a mission. Or track someone to a cafe, and try to poison their coffee before it gets delivered to them. But again, just because that's what I want, doesn't mean it would suit 47, not entirely sure it would.

Have you played the first Hitman game? If you have, then you will see that IO included a jungle level without any big hiccups. The "avoiding a tiger" thing was actually a mission in the original game.

S3R6i0
7th Jun 2014, 20:39

Have you ever played Metal Gear Solid? It's pretty much Hitman's not too distant cousin. You guys have no idea what a stealth game in the jungle is like. Not to mention that 47 is an assassin, and where a target calls to be taken out, that's exactly where he needs to travel. We've seen 47 in the middle east, in the snow, and in the jungle, so these types of environments shouldn't surprise you. Granted, the civilian levels carry a bit more of a "sex appeal" to them and what not, and I agree that Hitman should take place primarily in the city, but 1 or 2 levels in the wilderness just to break the routine and maybe introduce different game play elements are definitely called for.

If you haven't played Metal Gear Solid, play the third one (Snake Eater). You're basically in the jungle and you have sonar and sound detectors and you kill snakes and eat them and low crawl through the grass and take out enemies silently. I think Hitman 6 should have a level like that. Just one. Then you guys can have your luxury hotels and illuminati orgy parties.

mm24
8th Jun 2014, 18:15
* just under drag body option ... There should be a pick up body option .. 47 should pick up the body (like in absolution ,just before dumping) or put on his shoulder.. And we should be able to run in that situation ..

Excellent idea, and if you pick up the body,it's more faster but more noise, if you drag it's completly silent but slower.

kewlak
9th Jun 2014, 09:52
And i missed those walking upstairs and downstairs animation from blood money.Bring those back also .
Yes... it was completely badass walk.

Stevo91186
10th Jun 2014, 13:44
You have to realize though, that outdoor hits would be far easier than complex indoor maps. Everyone knows this, even IO. Their fans want creative and hard targets, and many ways to do them. Throwing 47 in a wide open jungle would be a severe advantage with sniper rifles and explosives. It would just be splinter cell... I don't want to play splinter cell?

AdrianShephard
10th Jun 2014, 23:32
Yes... it was completely badass walk.

Isn't that how 47 walked in Silent Assassin. Like a slow walk with his head tilted slightly.

AdrianShephard
10th Jun 2014, 23:38
Throwing 47 in a wide open jungle would be a severe advantage with sniper rifles and explosives. It would just be splinter cell... I don't want to play splinter cell?

I disagree. I don't think the game will feel like Splinter Cell based on level design. The whole premise of SC is not to be seen while Hitman is supposed to be a "hide in plain sight" game. As long as IO doesn't totally screw up the disguise system, then we should be fine. Ironically, Absolution felt like Splinter Cell in all of the indoor portions and more like a traditional Hitman game in the outdoor portions.

Don't look at the scenario 2-dimensionally. Check out the jungle missions in the first game. IO did a really nice job with them (except for a few design choices). In no way did the game feel like SC except when you want to play it that way.

kewlak
11th Jun 2014, 12:37
Isn't that how 47 walked in Silent Assassin. Like a slow walk with his head tilted slightly.

Walk from Silent Assassin was the best: calm and slow. No one would ever think that he is murderer.
In Absolution 47 has guilt written all over his face, insane sight and aggressive walk (i think the fastest from all series), yet no one suspects him, even when he literally covers his face with a hand :nut:

AdrianShephard
12th Jun 2014, 03:26
Walk from Silent Assassin was the best: calm and slow. No one would ever think that he is murderer.
In Absolution 47 has guilt written all over his face, insane sight and aggressive walk (i think the fastest from all series), yet no one suspects him, even when he literally covers his face with a hand :nut:

I absolutely agree! Silent Assassin definitely had the best walking animation! I also disliked Absolution's walking animation and you're right, he did walk the faster than any previous title.

Stevo91186
13th Jun 2014, 12:42
I disagree. I don't think the game will feel like Splinter Cell based on level design. The whole premise of SC is not to be seen while Hitman is supposed to be a "hide in plain sight" game. As long as IO doesn't totally screw up the disguise system, then we should be fine. Ironically, Absolution felt like Splinter Cell in all of the indoor portions and more like a traditional Hitman game in the outdoor portions.

There is some truth to this, but you're still forgetting the silent assassin bonus everyone is going after. If you want the highest rating, not being seen sometimes isn't even good enough on Hitman. You can't even be heard.

This makes the game easier because of the wide open space and the limited sight the guards have. You would literally be walking from sniper spot to sniper spot. For a mission to feel right in Hitman, there is thousands of ways go. In a wide open field 47 no longer needs most of his silent gadgets.
They have already put 47 in big enough maps. Remember the chinese military base, in H2 was it? That is as good as this idea will get. I'm not saying it's a bad idea. It's already been done.

AdrianShephard
13th Jun 2014, 16:34
And i like the old leather gloves ...hands fully covered .. And a bit shiny (cause i like everything about the old one ) .. I dont like new ones (from absolution) look more like a transporter .. Or a spy

The gloves in Absolution looked more like biker gloves to me. Leather gloves should fully cover the whole hand.

AdrianShephard
13th Jun 2014, 16:39
You would literally be walking from sniper spot to sniper spot. For a mission to feel right in Hitman, there is thousands of ways go. In a wide open field 47 no longer needs most of his silent gadgets.

I suppose I'm forgetting about that situation. The jungle levels in C:47 were more of a Point A to Point B (no target). The eventual target, scarface ripoff Pablo Ochoa, was living a mansion in a clearing in the jungle. To get to him, you had to bypass his guards and an jaguar type thing. I thought IO handled those non-target missions very well.

*I think there were 3 jungle missions. First 2 were non target missions, the last one was.

Adebisi
16th Jun 2014, 04:40
Have you played the first Hitman game? If you have, then you will see that IO included a jungle level without any big hiccups. The "avoiding a tiger" thing was actually a mission in the original game.

It's been a very long time since I played C47, I'd forgotten all about that. I guess it comes down to preference more than anything with scenery and setting, still, I'll enjoy any mission as long as it plays like a Hitman game. I don't even mind using the cover system that was in Absolution, I actually thought it was really fluid and one of the best I've seen, I just don't think it should take center stage. I just want to be able to wear a disguise, walk around calm and collected, making sure not to get right in someone's face for too long, and not feel like someone's going to notice I'm a hitman in 3 seconds of seeing me, even though I'm in a disguise. Also, to be able to play "my way" without having a scoring system on screen that negatively detracts from the game, and influences how I play. I'd rather see my score at the end of the mission, and have no arcade elements during it. Anyway, this thread has moved on since then so sorry for going off topic.

S3R6i0
16th Jun 2014, 08:29
I think the game's engine should work in a way that allows the player to use common sense. Rather than every person of a single uniform recognizing you or blowing your cover, 2 or 3 people, either in the same vicinity or sparsed out, that way, getting by will feel like playing the lottery, at some point, someone will suspect you if you're not cautious, but otherwise you can blend in more or less.

Stevo91186
26th Jun 2014, 13:13
I think the game's engine should work in a way that allows the player to use common sense. Rather than every person of a single uniform recognizing you or blowing your cover, 2 or 3 people, either in the same vicinity or sparsed out, that way, getting by will feel like playing the lottery, at some point, someone will suspect you if you're not cautious, but otherwise you can blend in more or less.

This was my biggest problem with Absolution as well. It made it feel way too robotic and unrealistic. In reality, people are dumb and let small things slide very easily. Being spotted in a disguise in seconds from a distance is ridiculous.